Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

We'll see. It's not a given that fnatic will be back to form, but I will back my bro Flusha (#1 player world) wherever he goes

What happened to your NIP love?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

LochNessMonster posted:

What happened to your NIP love?!

Ahem, NiP best team, Flusha best player, Semmler most good looking caster 😍

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lol fnatic gave up on developing new talent and went back to the 2 washed up players who stopped being great.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

Ahem, NiP best team, Flusha best player, Semmler most good looking caster 😍

Ok ok, you got me worried there for a second...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What is a "spinbot"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

drunken officeparty posted:

What is a "spinbot"

Basically someone running around with invisible aim (they're not actually aiming where it looks like they're aiming), using an aimbot (self-explanatory) while also having anti-aim activated ("spinbotting"), which causes the model to spaz out and spin around at a million miles per hour making it hard to hit

It's basically just shorthand for someone cheating as much and as blatantly as possible, it's usually not accurate

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Think they killed most/all of the literal spinbots with one of their general anti-cheating things. What made it a spinbot was when you spectated their first person view from the server's POV, their screen would be spinning at 1000mph in all directions and only stopping for like a single frame as it locks on a perfect headshot. For the client, it looks normal. The reason it does this is so it can aimbot at any angle in the full 360 degrees, so you are almost unkillable, whereas even normal aimbots can be shot in the back.

The whole spinning/anti-hit thing is different, and not really much of a thing in CS afaik.

Also just seen in this IEM Katowice draw, if G2 and nV (assuming they beat Heroic) lose their semi-final game, they get to play each other for a single qualification spot. That ought to be fun.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is it the same thing as when people who go afk sit in spawn spinning around so that they don't get kicked

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Is it the same thing as when people who go afk sit in spawn spinning around so that they don't get kicked

Nah. You probably will never meet a real spinbot.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I actually just saw a spinbot about an hour ago on this pistol warmup server (Just some chicago place that I have the lowest latency to). First, he was just running around playing normally and the bot was posting usernames / weapon / location in the chat automatically as soon as he could see/hear someone, then he turned the spinbot on and it started saying "username was owned by TuxAimer!" every time he got a frag. Eventually we figured out you could !report directly to the server admins and they took care of it.

Edit: Are CajunB and Fox the only two players to have signatures on 4 different team stickers as of this major??

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 4, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Liquid vs Misfits https://www.twitch.tv/esl_giete

stump collector
May 28, 2007

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I actually just saw a spinbot about an hour ago on this pistol warmup server (Just some chicago place that I have the lowest latency to). First, he was just running around playing normally and the bot was posting usernames / weapon / location in the chat automatically as soon as he could see/hear someone, then he turned the spinbot on and it started saying "username was owned by TuxAimer!" every time he got a frag. Eventually we figured out you could !report directly to the server admins and they took care of it.

Edit: Are CajunB and Fox the only two players to have signatures on 4 different team stickers as of this major??

Pretty sure it's only fox

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

stump collector posted:

Pretty sure it's only fox

TSM Astralis Dignitas North? (For CajunB)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jeza posted:

Nah. You probably will never meet a real spinbot.

Then how do people do that

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Console command iirc. +left / +right

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
^^^^^ what he said

It's just a bind that they can hold. There's nothing more to it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

easiest way would be to bind a key in console to turn left or right and then just pinning the key down, but there's literally no reason to have a bind like that unless you're going to be an rear end in a top hat that's afk in spawn for an entire game

stump collector
May 28, 2007

TSM Astralis Dignitas North? (For CajunB)

ahh i was thinking of the first iteration of dignitas, which became TSM - i completely forgot dig qualified for 2016 cologne

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

overpass is a terrible loving map

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
JW still needs to lift his game. I think the AWP nerf and hitbox fixes maybe had a big impact on his playstyle. The AWP nerf wasn't that bad, but if he would peek out and crouch, with the screwy hitboxes it would have been harder to hit him, but now its a bit easier. I think at that level every little thing makes a difference. When he was at his peak he was my favorite player to watch, I really hope fnatic can return to their previous level :allears:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How's Liquid after the lineup change?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It was a wild ride but I'm back to my former silver elite glory. Just gotta not lose it this time.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Agoat posted:

How's Liquid after the lineup change?

they beat immortals 16-14 on their first map, then got absolutely dumptrucked in games 2 and 3. but i bet they will be a marginally better team with stan

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

WE BACK

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

WE BACK

Did you not watch them struggle against mousesports earlier? I'm very skeptical if this fnatic is even going to be worth a poo poo in a few months since they're doing the exact same things when they were having issues.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

God drat you Turk

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

God drat you Turk

What's it like being brought back down to Earth, dad?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Did you not watch them struggle against mousesports earlier? I'm very skeptical if this fnatic is even going to be worth a poo poo in a few months since they're doing the exact same things when they were having issues.

Nah. JW just forgot to turn off his dubstep and krimz was out of snus.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The death penalty literally isn't even enough for people who play music over the mic in video games

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

mcvey posted:

WE BACK
gently caress yeah

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

WE BACK

https://twitter.com/ZeusCS_GO/status/827998986422349824

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/jack0tv/InexpensiveManateeMikeHogu

g a m e r s

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

The death penalty literally isn't even enough for people who play music over the mic in video games

Preach. I offer free skins to the first person to call a vote.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

:siren: Dust 2 has been replaced by Inferno in the Active Duty map pool :siren:

VelociBacon posted:

+Inferno
- Dust2

I want a cool loving dust1 remake tbh

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has anyone been real life murdered over counter strike before because holy gently caress this game is making me mad right now

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I think some people got stabbed over it but maybe that was CoD.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

I think some people got stabbed over it but maybe that was CoD.

some nerd a few years back discovered he's just as bad at knifing irl as he is in CS
http://kotaku.com/5550609/man-spends-six-months-plotting-murder-of-counter-strike-rival

surc
Aug 17, 2004

That's really terrible, but I can't help but think:

The guy planned for a year, and still expected to one-hit kill a guy at full health by knifing from the front? No wonder he got owned.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
tho honestly if my assailant only got 2 years for that id be pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

At least cs doesn't as far as we know have those parents who kill their kids through neglect because they're too plugged in like the mmos do.