Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Our new servant for the Valentine's Rerun is MHX Alter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Our new servant for the Valentine's Rerun is MHX Alter.

Meh. I'll pass.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Aumanor posted:

Meh. I'll pass.
The first glasses girl.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Please remember to answer Tsukihime for the crossover suggestion question so that we can one day get 4* welfare Ciel

Captain Baal posted:

Way ahead of you, I even put in Melty Blood to double down

I'd start looking into playing the game if the possibility existed of a five star Powerd Ciel.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

We're one Caster Art away from having a full class set of Artorias.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I think it's a matter of time considering arcuid and shiki did cameo in extra.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Tsukihime Crossover is a very possible thing rn. It seems like a lot of people in general are requesting it and with the remake still in development, now's a good a time as any to bring it back into the minds of the general public.

5* Arc and 4* Poverty Ciel is the most likely thing, but I can also seeing them do a thing like with Void Shiki where the welfare is the Arc everyone knows and the 5* is like Archetype Earth or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the highlight of this event

Shinji Chocolate

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A single target Zerker that's also Anti-Saber? And shares a rate up with Jack!? Finally, a chance at a 5* Assassin and 5* Zerker I'm interested in.

But I'm poor right now due to real life bullshit. :(

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Arthuria Caster next please, then we can finally lay that to rest and start with a full Shiki set

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I sorta want to try rolling the MHX / Xuanzang gacha (or maybe the Nightingale one), but at the same time, this feels like bait.

(All gachas are bait)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I sorta want to try rolling the MHX / Xuanzang gacha (or maybe the Nightingale one), but at the same time, this feels like bait.

(All gachas are bait)

Ofc they are. But if she's a QQABB Berserker I'll scrape together every last bit of quartz I can find to get her

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The gachas on female characters are rotating between two sets of chars and the male one will persist throughout the whole event.

I'm probably gonna do one 10-roll on the male one to see if I get lucky and get Tesla, Cu Alter, Waver, or Ozy and I might do one on the second female gacha to see if I can get lucky at Quetz, but these are all story servants so yes it is basically bait unless MHX Alter is included with them which I'm not super clear on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay she's on the female gachas but not the male one

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

We're one Caster Art away from having a full class set of Artorias.

Ooh, I might roll on this one. My "only" 5* Berserker is Vlad, and she looks kinda cool.

edit: Oh nice, the event also gives a bunch of materials I need. I've been holding off on doing Tamamo Cat's final ascension because I didn't want to use all my remaining gold Berserker monuments on her. I'll also be able to finish off Musashi's ascension with the gears.

edit2: This new craft essence is pretty good given the number of difficult Divinity enemies - http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Fondant_au_Chocolat

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 7, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I finally got around to watching First Order. It was OK.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

5* Arc and 4* Poverty Ciel is the most likely thing, but I can also seeing them do a thing like with Void Shiki where the welfare is the Arc everyone knows and the 5* is like Archetype Earth or something.
5* arc, 4* poverty ciel, 3* extreme poverty shiki

edit: would ciel be archer or caster

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

edit: would ciel be archer or caster

Berserker

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but arc'd already be a berserker!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ciel would be Archer or Saber, tbh.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Also the highlight of this event

Shinji Chocolate

Okay yeah but no

https://twitter.com/fejemete168/status/828887053576179712

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I'm now more interested in the CEs than the servant herself.

Had a build up of quartz that I was planning to use for Enrico Emiya but getting the CEs might be better.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I will grind to the dust for the Arjuna-senpai CE

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Woo! Free quartz x20, just hopefully need to get some backpay really really soon and I can hopefully do some light whaling.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Woo! Free quartz x20, just hopefully need to get some backpay really really soon and I can hopefully do some light whaling.

Blow your whole tax refund on F/GO.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

Blow your whole tax refund on F/GO.

Nah I used it for rent/food when I got it a couple months back.

And I usually never whale more than around 50$ every 2-3 months. The last time I spent money was on the guaranteed 5* I'm pretty sure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What's best for farming gold skill gems in the class dailies? 30AP or 40AP? Because the 40AP sure as hell loves to give me blue skill gems

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So if I don't have any 5* servants and only have 4 4* (2 Lance, 1 Assassin and 1 Saber) what Valentine's event gacha should I pull on? I've heard good things about Jeanne D'Arc and Jack the Ripper, but should I focus on filling out class options or what? I know ultimately any unit can be good but my luck at the gacha is trash so I want to shore up pulls as best I can.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It depends on what you want and what works for you. There's gonna be two rotating female servant gachas and the one male one.

To give you a basic rundown, with the exception of MHX Alter all of these are story servants who you can still get through other gachas consistently enough since they are permnanently in the game.

Now the big question comes to, what do you really want?

If you want quick based stuff and crit star nonsense then going for Jack when she's up is a pretty smart idea because beyond the fact she's got insane crit star gen, her skills are solid, she's strong against riders which there are a significant number of right now, and she synergizes pretty well with a bunch of other servants. You can also alternatively go for Drake for this as well, but she isn't as good at a lot of it and has become more of a damage character as of late since her NP is pretty solid damage wise and she still generates a decent number of stars.

If you want pure damage monsters then Quetz herself is a very solid choice with her buster based build and single target NP that shits on the world. Sanzuang is also a pretty solid choice being the sole damage based caster, but she needs some decent support to hit her stride.

If you want sustainability then Tamamo has a good defensive NP and she's arts based so it's very easy to build a team that centers around taking advantage of that just expect a lot of your big fights to take a while.

If you hate Saberfaces then Mordred is a way to go as well since her NP poops on them.

Of course doing all of this also nets you a chance at MHX Alter who seems like she could be pretty good being a quick based berserker with single target Saberface specialized NP but we won't know for sure until she drops in like 10 hours.

If you want some of the most busted poo poo in the game then Waver, Cu Alter, and Ozy await you in the male gacha. However take note that like there's about 8 servants on rate up in that gacha and four of them are average, 1 of them is the best non-limited Archer in the game, and the other 3 are the busted characters and there's no guarantee that even if you do hit a 5* you'll get what you want in there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Or alternatively you can roll on the characters you like and move from there, it's not a bad way to spread out.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Ok I appreciate the rundown. As a new player I'm not super sure what I would want out of a character I guess, my team mostly just folds to everything instantly even now that they're all upgraded 1 or 2 times. For reference now that I can actually look up the names I have Lancer Elizabeth Bathory, Karna (who I've been sure for the month I've owned him was a 4*), Carmilla and Chevalier D'Eon. Since I don't super know how the game works I've been running them as a brute force team, so does that mean I would want Quetz? And I do hate Saberfaces so Mordred sounds good. I only have 60 quartz so I'm not really expecting 1 5* so I'm not gonna even hope for 2, and I don't super care about characters (although I do really dig Quetzalcoatl's look so I'm leaning that way).

Or I might just go for the male gacha but ehhhhhh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it sounds like with you got Quetzacoatl or Mordred might be the way to go.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna go for Francis Drak cause she's the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when's the astolfo rate up

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

when's the astolfo rate up

Astolfo is always on rate up.

Also i was thinking of rolling for MHX Alter but then i saw her skills, and unless the actual numbers on those skills are way above average, then she seems like a pretty bad character

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I, for one, welcome our new sith overlord

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Wuxi posted:

I, for one, welcome our new sith overlord

It's awesome, she even has red force lightning!

And the Chocolate drop confuses me; is the shop chocolates something I just have to trade coins for? I have like a gazillion rider chocolate CE's.

e: Does anyone know if the Jack/AHX comes up twice?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 8, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MHX Alter has cool animations but her skills seem kind of crappy. How big is the first heal? The third skill also depends upon how big the attack boost is, though even then nothing really stands out.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

First skill max - self heal rate up 50%, heal 2000 = 3000 hp

Second skill max - gain 14 stars

Third skill max - one perty memeber -100% star attract, party atk up 20%

Np hit saber harder.

Pretty decent also a skill to reduce star attract, which is useful for crit team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
From what I can see she actually pretty decent NP gain and her second skill is useless. Is that what it gives at max?

Also I blew 60 quartz and I only got the ilya CEs. I wanted the Sakura ones.