Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Greedier Mode really isn't that bad once you get a feel for it. I've already cleared it on every character. You just have to buy the really meaningful items like stat-ups, and Greedier himself has poor long-range capabilities so you just go around the room clockwise every time he jumps.

Yeah, I'm getting more used to it. The center door still pisses me off though because it can fire from off screen, but I've learned to just not stand in the middle.

Still felt pretty damned hilarious to be throwing not one, not two but 18 IPECAC shots at him every time I fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pom posted:

According to the wiki:

-Big Horn no longer has damage scaling (armor). If you stun him with a bomb, he still takes 20% more damage.
-Fixed the bug with The Ludovico Technique and Explosivo synergy where it wouldn't properly explode on enemies.
-Satanic Bible now correctly contributes towards the Bookworm transformation.
-The Dead Eye multiplier now properly increments on poop and TNT barrels.
-Fixed the bug where if you saved and quit with the Duct Tape trinket, orbitals would not return to their proper position.
-Fixed the bug where if you save, quit, and continue in the middle of clearing a Challenge Room, the game would crash and/or the save file would get corrupted.
-Fixed the bug where on the Delirium fight, Gate would always spawns outside of the room.

Glad I didn't run into that one :stare:

All the bullshit is now removed except for the instant teleport to The Void, right?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

BJPaskoff posted:

All the bullshit is now removed except for the instant teleport to The Void, right?

What's the instant teleport to the Void?

So, is the Delirium fight considered ok with all the bullshit teleports, glitches and broken animations?

Edit: There's also that other bug, where you may beat the Hush but the doorway to the Void portal room does not open and you have to know it is indeed a bug and that you need to exit and re-enter the room to get that.

And another where you can see the portal but can't get sucked into it, and you have to exit the game and continue in order to fix it.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Feb 7, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I bought Afterbirth+. After I installed the Slam Jam custom challenge from Steam it was worth every single penny.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

AbstractNapper posted:

What's the instant teleport to the Void?

So, is the Delirium fight considered ok with all the bullshit teleports, glitches and broken animations?

Edit: There's also that other bug, where you may beat the Hush but the doorway to the Void portal room does not open and you have to know it is indeed a bug and that you need to exit and re-enter the room to get that.

You have a 5% chance of being instantly teleported to the Void after killing Mom if you have 20+ items or your damage stat is 100+.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bloody Pom posted:

According to the wiki:

-Fixed the bug where if you save, quit, and continue in the middle of clearing a Challenge Room, the game would crash and/or the save file would get corrupted.

Glad I didn't run into that one :stare:

Fixing a bug that's been in the game since launch, weirdos

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

You have a 5% chance of being instantly teleported to the Void after killing Mom if you have 20+ items or your damage stat is 100+.

This is annoying as poo poo. I've been refilling my post-its for various characters because they'd been erased with the installation of AB+ and this screwed me over quite a few times. I nearly lost it when it happened with Keeper since I had Swallowed Penny, Piggy Bank and Car Battery, among other things. I mean goddamn.

I hope they remove it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yeah, I'd like the option to skip the Hush (I think it's there but with very low probability) and still get Delirium, but I'd hate it if it auto-teleported me to The Void in a run that I didn't plan to do that, or hadn't been strong enough yet.

I'm doing Delirium runs now, which for most of the characters are also Hush runs, since in vanilla Afterbirth I hated the Hush (rushing for and fighting the Hush) and only beat him once. It kinda seems easier now, but I still hate to think how I'd do that with The Lost and The Keeper, unless I get very very lucky and get broken items really early.

Also, it seems that Chaos card won't work on Delirium. Thank god I also had an Algiz rune and Gimpy paid out with 1-2 hearts and I managed to end a run with just one heart.

I got some weird rooms in the last runs that at least for me seemed new additions. There was one room that was filled with coins (pennies, nickels, dimes) that brought me up to 99 pennies (and co-incidentally I had or later got pay-to-win in that run)....

And there is a new shop room where the greed goons spawn but it also has more items, more dead shop-keepers and two pennies that both give you a luck up..

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

AbstractNapper posted:

Also, it seems that Chaos card won't work on Delirium. Thank god I also had an Algiz rune and Gimpy paid out with 1-2 hearts and I managed to end a run with just one heart.

Chaos works if you hit the butt part of a segmented boss. I wanted to see the animation of him eating the card, and it oneshot his The Hollow form and I won the run.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
Mods can now check to see if you're pressing keys, though as far as I can tell, you can't actually BIND the key without the mod doing some kind of weird workaround.

Here's a mod I made that uses this and gives you a built-in D6 ability, so you can take the lovely space items you find and continue rolling items on your whole run anyway: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855995373

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
So todays daily I found dataminer on floor. Hoping for some damage, got lowered damage, used it again hoping for fix... ended up with 2 damage down and no damage up items... well rip run. I'm never getting the 5 in a row :(

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

AlexJade posted:

So todays daily I found dataminer on floor. Hoping for some damage, got lowered damage, used it again hoping for fix... ended up with 2 damage down and no damage up items... well rip run. I'm never getting the 5 in a row :(

There was an item room with a reroll altar that if used twice gave Tech X, aka automatic winner

Dark Princes Crown is a terrible item, you have to stay at 1 heart container for... tear and shot speed up?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

comingafteryouall posted:

There was an item room with a reroll altar that if used twice gave Tech X, aka automatic winner

Dark Princes Crown is a terrible item, you have to stay at 1 heart container for... tear and shot speed up?

I guess it's supposed to be a devil Crown of Light, unfortunately it's not very useful unless you're also playing as Eve. It should give at least +1 DMG to justify the two-heart cost.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Chaos works if you hit the butt part of a segmented boss. I wanted to see the animation of him eating the card, and it oneshot his The Hollow form and I won the run.

Wait really? I thought it just didn't work at all on him.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

AlexJade posted:

I used it once and got a luck up and range down, then put it away.

You get no damage ups until the floor before last, where the boss room gives up a Halo. BUT, if you get the first devil deal and take Whore of Babylon, and get the devil deal on second-to-last floor, you get Eye of Belial and Empty Vessel, then you have a nice situation going.

I was also able to snag Krampus' Head and Lil Brimstone which helped out tremendously. Oh, also Gemini, Ghost Baby (from a skull on the second-to-last floor, in the room between the item room and boss room), and Sister Maggie, then beefed them all up with BFF from the shop which I snagged for free with Store Credit.

If you can struggle through having no damage boosting until the last two floors (and Rag Man is the first loving boss) you can do this. Krampus' Head helps a lot with the bosses too, since it decimates Big Horn and Brownie. Had to use a Joker Card to get to Krampus though. I think it was the third floor?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Greedier Mode really isn't that bad once you get a feel for it. I've already cleared it on every character. You just have to buy the really meaningful items like stat-ups, and Greedier himself has poor long-range capabilities so you just go around the room clockwise every time he jumps.

Yep, it's all circling to corners and the midpoints between the room Brimstone beams. On Keeper + Lost runs the only things that weren't easily avoidable in either phase of the fight was spinning coins dropping directly on me in phase 1 as long as I had enough damage.

comingafteryouall posted:

I'm semi-convinced Dark Prince's Crown + Black Powder exist only to give you the shittiest imaginable devil deals on Lost runs, I've seen those fuckers constantly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I still don't like the Greedier mode, it's mean and it gives me all the poo poo items. :colbert:

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Jamesman posted:

You get no damage ups until the floor before last, where the boss room gives up a Halo. BUT, if you get the first devil deal and take Whore of Babylon, and get the devil deal on second-to-last floor, you get Eye of Belial and Empty Vessel, then you have a nice situation going.
I got a couple devil deals on the third floor, which helped a lot. I took red heart damage on the second floor and missed the devil deal there. I'm not sure if that's necessary or not. On the third floor, I took red heart damage again and bought a Joker card from the shop. Using it immediately gave me Dark Judas and Dark Bum.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
For some reason I assumed dark crown was the same as light crown

whoops

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Whoops, the Void portal after Hush no longer works with the new patch. RIP this really good Apollyon run that sucked up like seven books with Car Battery.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Crosspeice posted:

Whoops, the Void portal after Hush no longer works with the new patch. RIP this really good Apollyon run that sucked up like seven books with Car Battery.

Oh, so it's not just me? gently caress.

If It gets patched, will my current save be fixed?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Sometimes you have to run over it a billion times and exit the room and come back and slaughter a chicken, it happened to me pre-patch

Unless this is something new

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Sometimes you have to run over it a billion times and exit the room and come back and slaughter a chicken, it happened to me pre-patch

Unless this is something new

īGo to the top left corner, go back to the portal. I hope the patch didn't gently caress it completely

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I've approached the portal from every possible angle, every possible speed, re-entered the room, exited the game, came back to it after a day + a restart... Nothing's working.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Last time that happened to me -today- I had to exit and then continue. I was in the portal room when I exited

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

I got a couple devil deals on the third floor, which helped a lot. I took red heart damage on the second floor and missed the devil deal there. I'm not sure if that's necessary or not. On the third floor, I took red heart damage again and bought a Joker card from the shop. Using it immediately gave me Dark Judas and Dark Bum.

You lucky bastard. Did you still find the Shovel in Caves II Devil Deal?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crosspeice posted:

It *kinda* works, I ran over it and it didn't work immediately but running over it several times eventually worked.

By the way, my thoughts on The Void:

The Void is a cool idea that probably would've been better-received if it wasn't the only new floor added by Afterbirth+. I like that the multiple boss rooms all give you items, though this leads to a weird set-up where getting Delirium on the first boss room you enter is bad luck and puts you at a disadvantage. It does feel like a fitting end stage to a game like this.

Delirium is a cool idea that is executed extremely poorly. The blatant bugginess is really distracting, with his sprites flying across the room chaotically during certain transformations like Momma Gurdy. Also, the presence of annoying bosses like Momma Gurdy in his line-up of transformations makes the fight feel a lot less fair. His teleportation makes this even worse, combined with the previous two elements it makes for a fight that feels way too chaotic. This is manageable with 12 soul hearts but I can't imagine it being fun to fight this guy as The Lost, especially if you're doing it right after the agonizingly long Hush battle. And even though it's supposed to be stronger versions of past bosses, the only real difference with the individual bosses is that every one he turns into has the same bland circular tear spread shot out of them, it feels pretty lazy. I do like the reprites of the old bosses, and it fits as a thematic ending to the game, but it just isn't all that fun, fair, or interesting to fight.

The music for the floor and the boss is pretty good, probably two of my favorites from the Rebirth soundtrack. The mixture of old motifs in a chaotic, echoing electric guitar is pretty effective at setting the mood.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Delirium is just the boss rush but worse (and lazier) in almost every fashion. With it being chaotically fast and constantly jumping around the arena, there's hardly any time to get an appreciable look at the custom sprites and you're best off shooting it while it's off-screen.

The Void is a cool concept executed poorly since it tends to be less difficult than the proper final chapters or even Sheol/Cathedral. Maybe that's intended? It's hard to tell and could be solved with a more clear-cut entry requirement. It'd be more interesting if you were forced to fight a number of bosses before finding Delirium instead of the current solution of having boss rooms at the end of branches that may or may not contain the final boss.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/156945248421/109

I wonder what they want people to datamine, or if they're trying to create a wild goose chase

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Well they did just put out a new patch, so...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just found this shop layout twice. First time it also spawned with two greed heads. This time it was a greed head and the new spiders that shoot tracking orbs and die with spider spawners. Maybe this came in with the patch too?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IUG posted:

I just found this shop layout twice. First time it also spawned with two greed heads. This time it was a greed head and the new spiders that shoot tracking orbs and die with spider spawners. Maybe this came in with the patch too?

Yeah, I saw this and a few other new rooms in a game last night. It was nice!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

notoriousman posted:

It'd be more interesting if you were forced to fight a number of bosses before finding Delirium instead of the current solution of having boss rooms at the end of branches that may or may not contain the final boss.

Yeah I was just thinking that would make more sense.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
My favorite thing about Delirium is when he transforms into Brownie and bounces around the arena so fast he seems to literally be everywhere at once.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

New patch appears to have a lot more good fixes than what I listed previously. In particular Rag Man and Sisters Vis got their health nerfed significantly, and an almost unavoidable damage room in the Caves got nerfed into the ground:

Also introduced a fun bug where having two Steam Sales will make devil deals free. I hope it's actually intentional.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Wugga posted:

You lucky bastard. Did you still find the Shovel in Caves II Devil Deal?
No I didn't find the shovel on the daily today. Although I wouldn't have taken it anyway, since I'm only doing the dailies for the achievement. I've just been playing them like normal runs.

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

Bloody Pom posted:

Also introduced a fun bug where having two Steam Sales will make devil deals free. I hope it's actually intentional.

I assumed it was intentional but now I'm hoping it gets reverted. Devil deals are one of the few semi-reliable ways to get rid of red hearts. In a breaking run, where I'm most likely to have two Steam Sales, I more often want to pay for devil deals than not.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Psychedelicatessen posted:

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/156945248421/109

I wonder what they want people to datamine, or if they're trying to create a wild goose chase

What was this supposed to be?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

John Lee posted:

What was this supposed to be?
A blog post titled "109" which read "issaacisdead" evidently posted by Tyrone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bloody Pom posted:

New patch appears to have a lot more good fixes than what I listed previously. In particular Rag Man and Sisters Vis got their health nerfed significantly,

oh thank christ