Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Silver Falcon posted:

Yep, I'm here! Come on down to the plaza.

Thank you for the scyther and the dratini! You are the coolest!

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OK, good, that was you. I can't tell sometimes.

TinkerHell. :laugh: I love it! Thanks.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-529687234 mega metagross is probably the best pokemon ever made

bonus quiver dance pheromosa:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-529680170

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 7, 2017

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Have they fixed the bugs where certain Pokémon (Gen III and IV in Apricorn balls/Island Scan Pokémon with Hidden abilities/Gen II and IV Pokémon that evolved from VC Pokémon) can't be traded online/wondertraded yet?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
bah, Global Link is taking forever

Decidueye
Snorlax
Alolan Raichu
Mimikyu
Crabominable (needs to level up in the second to last area, really GameFreak? Was the Ice Stone too good for him?)
Slowbro

I can't believe it took me three months to beat it :negative:

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Zuzie posted:

Have they fixed the bugs where certain Pokémon (Gen III and IV in Apricorn balls/Island Scan Pokémon with Hidden abilities/Gen II and IV Pokémon that evolved from VC Pokémon) can't be traded online/wondertraded yet?

They've fixed the former case AFAIK. No idea about the latter since I don't own any VC game

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

bah, Global Link is taking forever

Decidueye
Snorlax
Alolan Raichu
Mimikyu
Crabominable (needs to level up in the second to last area, really GameFreak? Was the Ice Stone too good for him?)
Slowbro

I can't believe it took me three months to beat it :negative:

Ice Stones are extremely rare in the game outside of pelago, I'm ok with it evolving in an area

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

In that case it shouldn't come just right before the elite four though.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey pals, what're some good non-legendary pokes for trading on the GTS? I'm looking to fill out the national 'dex and I need some advice on what to breed.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Castform and Kangaskhan were good when I was trading about a month ago but I'm not sure if they're as valuable now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm still loving mad about not being able to have No Guard Fissure Machamp. I hope they put Gold and Silver on the virtual console this year.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Hey pals, what're some good non-legendary pokes for trading on the GTS? I'm looking to fill out the national 'dex and I need some advice on what to breed.

Somebody mentioned getting lots of mileage out of Spiritomb back in XY. I've put just a couple of them on the GTS so far but they all were gone in a manner of hours.

I'm not sure if them being in a Dream Ball has anything to do with that.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My Beast Ball Beldums tend to get traded away in a matter of minutes.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Speaking of trading, my 5-year-old traded away his starter and is, predictably, heartbroken. "I can get you a whole box of Chespin eggs" is the only thing I said that was remotely comforting, so I'm off to the Pokemon Daycare to make some eggs. While I bicycle up and down route 7 for the next ten years... is there any way to, uh, generate a Pokemon with someone else's trainer ID? :ninja:

(It went off to Wonder Trade. Hopefully some random stranger enjoys a lovingly trained Quilladin, or at least gets something good in exchange for it.)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

zonohedron posted:

Speaking of trading, my 5-year-old traded away his starter and is, predictably, heartbroken. "I can get you a whole box of Chespin eggs" is the only thing I said that was remotely comforting, so I'm off to the Pokemon Daycare to make some eggs. While I bicycle up and down route 7 for the next ten years... is there any way to, uh, generate a Pokemon with someone else's trainer ID? :ninja:

(It went off to Wonder Trade. Hopefully some random stranger enjoys a lovingly trained Quilladin, or at least gets something good in exchange for it.)

If you can get access to the game without him knowing, like when he's asleep, you could trade a Chespin egg to it, when it hatches it will have his OT. Then you could train it up to the right level on another cart and trade it back? Check the egg first to make sure it hatches similar enough to the original (I imagine it just needs to be the same gender, unless you have the world's most observant 5-year-old).

Only alternative if you want the correct OT is to use a save editor but I know nothing about those.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hammerite posted:

If you can get access to the game without him knowing, like when he's asleep, you could trade a Chespin egg to it, when it hatches it will have his OT. Then you could train it up to the right level on another cart and trade it back? Check the egg first to make sure it hatches similar enough to the original (I imagine it just needs to be the same gender, unless you have the world's most observant 5-year-old).

Only alternative if you want the correct OT is to use a save editor but I know nothing about those.

Hm. Well, since I'm already making him a box of Chespin, it should be easy enough to set aside... 4? to make sure I get a male. At least I know what he named it!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I vote for letting him hatch and name it. By welcoming the new chespin into our life, we honor the departed chespin.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I'm desperate for a 1:1 Poplio but Nintendo's UK policy for PokeCenter Items is akin to thier SNES policy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good opportunity to teach your son that some mistakes can't be fixed and we all have to learn to live with regrets

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ignite Memories posted:

I vote for letting him hatch and name it. By welcoming the new chespin into our life, we honor the departed chespin.

This. Get two eggs, run around until the first one hatches, store away the second one, trade it over and put it in his party.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 7, 2017

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

good opportunity to teach your son that some mistakes can't be fixed and we all have to learn to live with regrets

I told him "Remember how I said not to trade me anything you wanted back? That's especially true when you're trading with someone who isn't in your house and can't be asked at dinner," but this wasn't particularly comforting :v:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trade him for a new son who is a Pokemon Master

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Look at the bright side, when he's a little older you can tell him that drugs are like wonder trade and he'll never touch the stuff

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Anyone have a Razor Fang they want to trade me? I need to evolve my Gligar, and gently caress if I'm going to try to snag one off the 5% chance of a 20% Bruxish in the horrible abortion that is fishing in this game... :argh:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Yep, if you're still around I'm online right now.

0533-5340-6744, ign is Maika.

Hey there duder, if you're still up for trading I'm in the GTS for a few hours, FC is 0774-4864-2707

My gravelers get completely slaughtered before getting to attack in the coleseum so I could use some extra golem power

MrLamo2k1
Dec 11, 2003

The new sheriff in town
I looked around and didn't see this posted in here, but someone made a new arbitrary code execution TAS for Pokemon Yellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm8P8utT5g

:stare:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Eox posted:

Look at the bright side, when he's a little older you can tell him that drugs are like wonder trade and he'll never touch the stuff

:j: "You see, using drugs is like wonder trading your brain away and only getting a level 2 Zigzagoon."
:stonk:

I'm sold!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

zonohedron posted:

I can PKHex if you're really wanting some fine control over it. Give me something caught on his game and I can match the Trainer and Secret IDs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

He's 5, would he really notice? I assume kids that young are gulible, because you'll have to come up with a story how you got it back anyway. :D

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

The Bible posted:

I can PKHex if you're really wanting some fine control over it. Give me something caught on his game and I can match the Trainer and Secret IDs.

Don't forget to make the stats page say it was received at a gift at level 5

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Does anyone have a spare Destiny Knot that they can trade to me? I think I may have wondertraded mine away and I've been having terrible luck with Pickup.

I've got a few of 5 IV Popplio, 5 IV Sandygast and a few 4IV female Saladint.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MrLamo2k1 posted:

I looked around and didn't see this posted in here, but someone made a new arbitrary code execution TAS for Pokemon Yellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm8P8utT5g

:stare:

about time they did this. whatever this is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they play a video by streaming it through the gameboy's button inputs

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Anybody willing to trade me a Chlorophyll Bulbasaur?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just started a Nuzlocke run of White 2. Never played this game before. Any advice would be welcome.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

CubeTheory posted:

Just started a Nuzlocke run of White 2. Never played this game before. Any advice would be welcome.

Advice: don't do gimmick runs blind.

(Ilima's Smeargle is still a hero.)

But really one of the biggest changes between W and W2 was the variety of new Pokemon so you're kind of crippling yourself there.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Don't underestimate the first Gym Leader.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Houle posted:

Don't underestimate the first Gym Leader.

I would say the same for the third and fourth gym leaders. Volt Switch and Bulldoze respectively can really gently caress you over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm desperate for a 1:1 Poplio but Nintendo's UK policy for PokeCenter Items is akin to thier SNES policy.

I have some bad news for you, they don't have a 0.3m tall Popplio doll