Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
From the regular comics thread, sums up the problem of the working class pretty well I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

King Possum III posted:

Goddamn.

"So much for the tolerant left."

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The "tolerant" left sighed as it unsheathed its picket sign.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh yeah, the disingenuous rear end in a top hat duck isn't the only one on a significant delay; "alternative facts" only just reached Prickly City. I'm kind of surprised that this is what got them to openly oppose Trump after his victory, rather than alternatively wallow in confusion and misery and make weak jabs at the left.

At the same time, hey, at least the "well the Russian hacking wasn't really a big deal" and such has stopped now. And they haven't even seen half of what's happened so far; far worse is going to hit this comic soon, and I'm curious if it's going to keep being openly anti-Trump or if they'll lose their nerve again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

First they killed the natives, then they took their badass shades? Harsh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ahh, just like the Bush administration, we're about to see a resurgence in lovely liberal gags/cartoons that are still basically correct on some level but not 'good' by any reasonable measure. What a lovely antidote to the good stuff. I look forward to seeing these and many others each get shared by ten of my friends on facebook.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How can the so-called "Tolerant Left" be tolerant if they won't tolerate Nazis? Checkmate, Liberals.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There need to be way more Reagan reacting to Trump cartoons if the right's mental block is ever going to get cracked.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

The "tolerant" left sighed as it unsheathed its picket sign.

Milo was in the center of a cleared road by now, and he held his hands out desperately as the rioters moved in on him. "It isn't tolerant," he said. A flag pole hit him on the side of his head.

"It isn't tolerant, it isn't free speech," Milo screamed, and then they were upon him.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

The joke is that Al-Bab, where Daesh is being fought currently, literally means "the door".

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Tardigrade posted:

The joke is that Al-Bab, where Daesh is being fought currently, literally means "the door".

n/m

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Looks like those clowns in congress did it again! What a bunch of clowns!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

We haven't figured out how to fix Obamacare because...well it's definitely Obama's fault somehow. He left, uhh, traps and stuff.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

John Lennon stole his sunglasses style from the Native Americans.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Samurai Sanders posted:

There need to be way more Reagan reacting to Trump cartoons if the right's mental block is ever going to get cracked.

Reagan? That RINO? Pfft, if he wanted to secure his legacy as a great Republican President he should have been more like Reagan, now there was a great Republican President! Not like that loser Reagan!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

It was really infuriating how much that loving game was a microcosm of the 2016 Election, we could have lived in a world where that Tom Brady got to look like a failure and the Atlanta Falcons hanging out at John Lewis' house instead of the White House, but noooooooooooooo. Now we got to hear how much plucky little New England overcame so much after being caught cheating and punished for it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

One the one hand there is a serious disconnect there and people hero-worship both of them simultaneously anyway, but on the other hand this is kind of like a conservative saying "there need to be way more MLK reacting to Obama cartoons if the left's mental block is ever going to get cracked".

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I know those are sombreros, but all I see are balloons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Kvy_iC1B8

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

One the one hand there is a serious disconnect there and people hero-worship both of them simultaneously anyway, but on the other hand this is kind of like a conservative saying "there need to be way more MLK reacting to Obama cartoons if the left's mental block is ever going to get cracked".
Did Obama do things that would have sickened King? Reagan was Reagan but he was still a public servant as far as I know, and any public servant should look at Trump and be sickened. And that's leaving aside the cold war stuff.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 7, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

achillesforever6 posted:

It was really infuriating how much that loving game was a microcosm of the 2016 Election, we could have lived in a world where that Tom Brady got to look like a failure and the Atlanta Falcons hanging out at John Lewis' house instead of the White House, but noooooooooooooo. Now we got to hear how much plucky little New England overcame so much after being caught cheating and punished for it.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one noticing it.

gently caress, I've seen subtler writing in a WWE event.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did Obama do things that would have sickened King? Reagan was Reagan but he was still a public servant as far as I know, and any public servant should look at Trump and be sickened. And that's leaving aside the cold war stuff.

I dunno about sickened but in many ways Obama was the white moderate that King specifically called the biggest problem.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

I dunno about sickened but in many ways Obama was the white moderate that King specifically called the biggest problem.
You're probably right about that but King was used to dealing with them. I dunno if Reagan would have anticipated someone like Trump following in his footsteps.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

:salt:

Samurai Sanders posted:

In my hypothetical scenario, the hypothetical conservative would be saying that to other conservatives, who would all implicitly be under the impression that MLK would be disgusted by affirmative action (because as an extremely surface-level reading of the I Have A Dream speech shows, he wanted everyone to be completely race-blind) and thus he would be a proud Tea Party Republican (like Lincoln and JFK and George Washington and basically every other historical figure who is regarded positively), and Democrats just need to be reminded of this enough times and they'll vote Romney. It sounds ridiculous on its face to us, and us trying to use Reagan as a weapon would sound ridiculous to them.

But I can see where you're coming from. I think a lot of Reagan-era-style conservatives actually do hate Trump, really, but they voted for him anyway because they decided they hated the Democrats more.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Okay but there weren't any MLK cartoons that took that angle, every single one used the "content of his character" quote to say "actually he's incompetent because he's black."

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Not sure if it's a New Yorker or not, but the obligatory edit works perfectly.

As does the new edit I saw a few pages back in this thread.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So much for the tolerant left.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

No surprises here. Dick spencer publicly stated he pulled for the pats as well because they have more white players. Can someone punch the lot of them again?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Not a bad Super Bowl. Mary Katherine Hamm says Lady Gaga and Tom Brady made America great again. Somebody else makeoff with a Tom Brady jersey. It’s on Amber alert. Other than that, Mary Katherine called it great art and great sport.

Rob Smith Jr. reposted an anti-Betsy DeVos cartoon from last year.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

No surprises here. Dick spencer publicly stated he pulled for the pats as well because they have more white players. Can someone punch the lot of them again?

Lol @ Nazis rooting for the team representing one of the bluest areas in the country because they apparently think they don't have any black players (the Patriots' active roster is 67% black)

It's just such the dumbest thing to fixate on

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
I just want to point out that not only is this cartoon garbage, but "The Guatemala-Mexico Southern Border Wall" is a myth.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i really hate these super bowl cartoons since loquacious is a weirdo who can't let anything said about the patriots go without a comment

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

i really hate these super bowl cartoons since loquacious is a weirdo who can't let anything said about the patriots go without a comment

It really is odd that it comes up so much ITT

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Farking Bastage posted:

So Garrison finally admits that Obama, with his two election victories, is a winner then. Took him long enough.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah I mean we Boston sports fans are famously taciturn, pretty strange

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

"So much winning."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yeah I mean we Boston sports fans are famously taciturn, pretty strange

if this is so bad that there is apparently an entire stereotype about it wouldn't it be better to not be like that to prove it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
look idk anything about football, i just know that every single time the patriots are mentioned, loquacious has a pavlovian response to comment and it's very sad to see cause his other posts are alright

• Locked thread