Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So if we're going by backwards logic instead of Mottom wanting Allison to assume her throne, it's Incubus wanting to replace Allison with himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Poltergrift posted:

If you look at the left side of the second panel, you can see three of the four example losers Incubus showed Allison. Two of whom appear to have chewed through their own lips.

Incubus is a hell of a drug.
The fourth is one of the climbers, panel 2 and 3, with the huge bottle and right armor sleeve.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This latest page is very dark soulsy with the once great people and place just rotten shells of their former self.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Does the RSS feed work for anyone but me?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

I had missed a page last week, but I got the last few pages without a problem.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This latest page is very dark soulsy with the once great people and place just rotten shells of their former self.

Specifically very Demon's Souls: world 3, Tower of Latria, at the end features a bridge leading up to a tower which contains a big pile of cups chairs, where you meet a red dude who wants to gently caress up your day.

Underneath it all is a swamp of blood.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

it hasn't been working for me lately, no

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how useful these people are to incubus at this point, they look a bit burned out. on the other hand, he wouldn't keep them around if they didn't have their uses, i think. i doubt he's got a bone of sentimentality in him

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
then again i'm assuming he's not entirely loving mad himself but the whole palace caked with blood and meat thing might hint otherwise

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Just because he's quite mad doesn't mean he is incapable of thinking strategically. It's likely that whatever else he has going on mental healthwise, Incubus is a master of manipulation, and manipulators don't waste their time with people they do not consider useful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Theory - he's just as much of a junkie as his followers, but off a slightly different drug, and the burnt-out shells of his former customers are his equivalent of a houseful of empty syringes.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Darth Walrus posted:

Theory - he's just as much of a junkie as his followers, but off a slightly different drug, and the burnt-out shells of his former customers are his equivalent of a houseful of empty syringes.

Riiiiight. And Incubus just set himself for an endless supply with Allison.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
I don't feel like they are totally burned out, just in slumber waiting to be awakened. Might be a he gives them a dose of glory once in a while and sets them loose at his convenience. It's his own personal army, always wanting more, but only he can give them the means.

What this means for him I have no idea, he probably isn't tired of it like Mottom. Looks like he's having a good time.

I have a question, does Incubus leave his pit? We know he did, but he didn't show up at the summit meeting and so far it seems he is able to project his image across Throne.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
I think he just can't be bothered to take out the garbage.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The real question is whether Incubus has a supply of willpower (or whatever else it is his followers are addicted to) and is just denying it to them, or if he needs to keep finding new sources before he can juice them up.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
is the red dude someone i should recognise

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Avshalom posted:

is the red dude someone i should recognise

It's Jagganoth, the mightiest of the seven demiurges, which by extension probably makes him the most powerful being still around.

Oh and he's thirty-foot tall, suicidally depressed, and wants to destroy creation.

e: Overall pretty swell dude.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 7, 2017

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Incubus is the divine equivalent of the crazy cat lady who can't support all the cats she has, yet can't stop acquiring more.

I mean he's tottering around in his bathrobe, humming tunelessly and ineffectually shooing them off the furniture. Next scene will be Jagganoth grudgingly driving him to the supermarket so he can load up a cart with economy-size bags of Whiskas, which he will pay for by check in the express lane.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh, lol, poo poo. thanks!

i'm okay as long as the characters have a face but i can't tell suits of armour apart in this or any other work.

e: "shoo! go play with the other kings!" is hilarious

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avshalom posted:

oh, lol, poo poo. thanks!

i'm okay as long as the characters have a face but i can't tell suits of armour apart in this or any other work.

e: "shoo! go play with the other kings!" is hilarious

Who else has had a giant bronze elephant face?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
to be fair i don't think jagganoth has shown up in a while

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I call'im Big Red

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i'm half-considering that jagganoth is just another cosmic crackhead enslaved to incubus who isn't as strong as mottom made him out to be and all the demiurges are in a web of codependence and fear which means that they're all far closer to each other in power than they think but because none of them know the full picture because they stopped talking to each other they all have some conception that there are some among the other 6 working to destroy them

so mottom isn't acting up because she thinks jagganoth will crush them all, incubus thinks his jacked-up body makes him weak and is using jagganoth as a blunt instrument to pacify the other demiurges, etc.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

Who else has had a giant bronze elephant face?
me

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

UPDATE

Oh man who else called this. :allears:

(is that his prime consort in the back? rip)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Wow, so Juggernaut Star probably really shouldn't have hosed with Aunt Maya.

Well poo poo, does this mean that Jagganoth knows Allison is the real heir as well?

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 8, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

She didn't out drink an ebon. Dumb fans did that.

By fans are you referring to the doll she explicitly didn't realize she needed to eat for the magic to work?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

President Ark posted:

i'm half-considering that jagganoth is just another cosmic crackhead enslaved to incubus who isn't as strong as mottom made him out to be and all the demiurges are in a web of codependence and fear which means that they're all far closer to each other in power than they think but because none of them know the full picture because they stopped talking to each other they all have some conception that there are some among the other 6 working to destroy them

so mottom isn't acting up because she thinks jagganoth will crush them all, incubus thinks his jacked-up body makes him weak and is using jagganoth as a blunt instrument to pacify the other demiurges, etc.

well this update confirms the "jagganoth and incubus are working together" half of this

also hey auntie maya was a demiurge*, wonder how she lost it

e: *i mean it was fairly clear she had a key at some point, but this seems to imply she was one of the seven (eight?) at some point or another

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 8, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh man, what if Jagganoth doesn't realize yet. Allison being the true heir could be Incubus's ace in the hole against Ol' Jagged

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe she made a deal with Incubus too, but got out of it while the going was relatively good.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh hell yes Incubus is totally just warming Maya's throne for her.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Of course, Jagg's and Incu's whole deal here could simply be getting Allison into her rightful place, and getting themselves suitably annihilated by her in the process.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

They are referring to the fans who mistook a dull colored crimson demon for an ebon demon, leading the author to decide to change it in later panels.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh, I didn't know about that. My bad.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

She definitely did out-drink an Ebon Devil, though. Cio even calls Vladok an ebon while yelling at Allison.
And she didn't do this with any magical help other than her key, because Allison wasted that doll spell.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Schwarzwald posted:

They are referring to the fans who mistook a dull colored crimson demon for an ebon demon, leading the author to decide to change it in later panels.

so she still outdrank an ebon devil, on account of it doesn't matter what the original plan was when the literal text of the comic says he's an ebon

also, dumb fans do not have the power of Royalty and cannot redefine reality, as amusing as that'd be,. If Abb didn't want vlad to be ebon then he wouldn't be

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
So Maya did what Mottom couldn't. Leave her kingdom when she got tired of it and eat and drink instead. The way to Royalty is paved with booze and swimming noodles.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Happy Underpants posted:

So Maya did what Mottom couldn't. Leave her kingdom when she got tired of it and eat and drink instead. The way to Royalty is paved with booze and swimming noodles.

Why is everyone talking about Maya now?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

VanSandman posted:

Because it's always a good time to talk about Maya!

(New comic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

VanSandman posted:

because she is the only drunk female character