Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

100% guaranteed zoning action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Rabelais D posted:

Honestly MoMA's posts are getting a bit sad now. Derek has a verbose, belligerent style that obviously rubs some people the wrong way but he has owned MoMA hard on so many levels, and Derek hasn't even gloated about outstanding parking tickets or whatever it was MoMA did to him.

Of course for Derek to do that MoMA would have to be fighting on a level playing field and own up to who he is.

I'm not allowed to go to that level.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Lladre posted:

I'm not sure what to make of a CS employee of a company posting that.

Holy poo poo. Source?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Eldragon posted:

Is there any line in the sand you are willing to draw? Where "If X is is not done by Y date" you will start to reassess your assumptions? The point you need to start to ask yourself some hard questions.

You can pick any X or Y you want, you just have to stick to them. Just like how CIG picks their own release schedule and (never) sticks to it.

In the last big thread, I stated that I wanted to see 3.0 by summertime and at least a few SQ42 levels/missions released this year. Hoping for a Christmas release of the standalone.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

In the last big thread, I stated that I wanted to see 3.0 by summertime and at least a few SQ42 levels/missions released this year. Hoping for a Christmas release of the standalone.

Are you feeling confident?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Um, no? He made a claim (was either here or on twitter) that he was "walking into a federal building," alluding to some sort of CIG-related inquiry. I said it was for his ticket.

Hey friend I fake-read all your posts and they're all about Derek Smart this and Derek Smart that and you post more about Derek Smart than Derek Smart does

How about you share some of your honest, firsthand feedback and gameplay experiences about Star Citizen from a non-Derek Smart perspective

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

I've never quite understood how people can say the Elite: Dangerous is unambitious. If you just look at DB's statement of intent for what they want to add to the game, it's way more ambitious than Star Citizen's lofty goals have ever been. It's just that, unlike CIG, Frontier don't like making promises until they know they can actually deliver them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah that's not gonna happen :laffo:

What's your refund trigger? Gotta set the bar real low so you can pretend CIG didn't lambo their way under it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Are you feeling confident?

Moma just mods the SC splash screen onto E:D, straps his google cardboard on and ~=dreams=~ himself away

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Except, inter-instance comm. is coming - 100% guarantee it. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it cannot be done. And, what those idiots on reddit are trying to say is: zoning. There are zones, and others nested within. Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZ6S6tfF78

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

How did last years expectations work out and why do you think they didnt?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mu77ley posted:

I've never quite understood how people can say the Elite: Dangerous is unambitious. If you just look at DB's statement of intent for what they want to add to the game, it's way more ambitious than Star Citizen's lofty goals have ever been. It's just that, unlike CIG, Frontier don't like making promises until they know they can actually deliver them.
It's the difference between Elon Musk and a kid sat in a painted cardboard box saying he's flying to Mars today. The kid is technically more ambitious, because he said he's going to Mars today.

In the meantime, the unambitious Elon Musk is building actual loving rocket ships and aiming to go to Mars tomorrow. The hack.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Saying ED is bad will somehow make SC good

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

And now that 2016 is over and these goals not met, are they still the same for 2017 ?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You see Elite is a mile wide and an inch deep because you cannot stand in / near a corridor or vending machine or buy shoes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

You see Elite is a mile wide and an inch deep because you cannot stand in / near a corridor or vending machine or buy shoes

X Rebirth proved that you can't have a good space game until you can walk around.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

ManofManyAliases posted:

Here it is:

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

I think you will grandstand some insignificant "progress" in summer 2017 and not sell any ships, claiming you can still offload in December if needed. Hopefully the bank run on refunds will hit before 2018 so you'll might be cutting it close.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You've been selling more ships though, right?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wasn't that sub supposed to be an archive of Derkisms as they related to SC?

They never specified. The official line I got from the mods was that it was for archiving Derek and anything that he posts. Well there is a funny thing about archiving, it means you cannot cherry pick what it is you are archiving because that opens up the argument of bigotry and bias. And yes, I know Derek is a big boy that can handle himself and doesn't need shoes with velcro. But there is no way on this earth that they are just there for archiving. Archives do not allow for hate commentary.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

Um, no? He made a claim (was either here or on twitter) that he was "walking into a federal building," alluding to some sort of CIG-related inquiry. I said it was for his ticket.

What exactly do you call what you are doing here? If you are getting paid, is the idea that CIG employees reading this thread might not leak info to Derek if you can somehow turn everyone against him? We are already maximum 'against him' as we can be, really.

In the end, he is just a dude posting in these threads. Unlike you who only seems to be here to deliver your latest round of research that turns out to be misguided bullshit. Really, you researched up about a traffic infraction and thought that ANY time was the right time to drop that casually in.

What the gently caress?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

So 3.0 by September 1st, and including all the features originally promised in Sept?

That would put 3.0 about 9 months past the original projection.

Seems reasonable, lets see if it happens.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Personally I don't think there's any realistic chance of 3.0 by August, moma's "summertime". I have no clue what the current plans for Gamescom 2017 are but let's recall that the plan for GamesCom 2016 was 2.6 & Star Marine, for Citizen Con it was a SQ 42 demo and for the Christmas sale, 3.0. So that all went great.

Ignoring the staff departures, presumably most not yet public, the only competent thing I've noticed recently is all UK game support staff rebranding their twitter accounts to "Player Relations" and dropping all reference to CIG. I heartily approve of anyone trying to distance themselves from the eclipse of competence that is CIG , even if the high priests potentially see legal advantages to a pretense at "CIG mate, dunno, think they maybe hosed up that game thing, I'm not sure as I only work for F42 UK and I'm not really involved"

Exciting year ahead.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

No direct sources and i'm not telling this as facts.

The original discussion was about the possibility of Frontier having got the IP for a new Star Wars space game. I chimed in and said that probably only EA, Msoft or Activision-Blizzard had the ammount of money Disney would ask for the right for a SW games, ending with a mention that Disney seem to have few interest in videogames after it closed its interactive studio in 2015.

The Agent replied that plenty of SW games are comming, but i remarked that all of them aside from Lego SW where from EA or Its subsidiaries.

I have no specific on the licensing term EA got from Lucasfilm, but they had to have one before the purchase by Disney in Oct 2012 since SWOTOR was released in December 2011.

Since the purchase, no studio (according to wikipedia) outside of EA, its subsidiaries or Disney interactive (since closed down) has released a Starwars Game on the current trilogy while the IP is at its hottest. Why ? The only exception is the upcoming Lego games, a very family friendly title.

The only theory i can come up why nobody is touching the current trilogy or rogue one is that EA has currently the right to produce SW video games covering everything pre Disney purchase due to its pre-sale deal with Lucasfilm, deal that probably had a time limit and will expire someday. Disney has not sold the "new" Ip (or nobody can come up with the money they ask for) rights for games yet. I think that the curent gaming crowd is not family friendly enough for Disney taste and they dont want to release anything on the new IP only to have a nude mods for Rey and yaoi of Poe available to download the next day.

How wil Disney re-negotiate the IP is unknow but they seem to have no interest in games for the current or future trilogy.
what? no

disney and EA are buddy buddy with the star wars IP (with the exception of mobile games) and had a new agreement signed with the mouse in 2013 (a ten year contract with reups, 5 game minimum)

the new battlefront has new order/resistance factions and a single player storyline around the rebels timeline, fyi

the new visceral game is supposedly set on the outer rim during the rise of the new order (think remnant fleet) and the other studio (EA undisclosed) is working on the space mama jamma thing, set among new republic planets

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Someone good at editing replace billy with derek tia

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Except, inter-instance comm. is coming - 100% guarantee it.

Just to reiterate something you might have missed in your mission briefing: the whole point of having instances is that they don't communicate and that there is no interaction between them. It's not that it can't be done — it's that it would be a tremendously stupid thing to do.

And if what reddit is talking about is zoning, rather than instancing, then congratulations, we had that in 1993. What progress.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 7, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Personally I don't think there's any realistic chance of 3.0 by August, moma's "summertime". I have no clue what the current plans for Gamescom 2017 are but let's recall that the plan for GamesCom 2016 was 2.6 & Star Marine, for Citizen Con it was a SQ 42 demo and for the Christmas sale, 3.0. So that all went great.

Ignoring the staff departures, presumably most not yet public, the only competent thing I've noticed recently is all UK game support staff rebranding their twitter accounts to "Player Relations" and dropping all reference to CIG. I heartily approve of anyone trying to distance themselves from the eclipse of competence that is CIG , even if the high priests potentially see legal advantages to a pretense at "CIG mate, dunno, think they maybe hosed up that game thing, I'm not sure as I only work for F42 UK and I'm not really involved"

Exciting year ahead.

2.6 technically isnt even out yet. These sub patches are all poo poo they cut out of 2.6

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

zane is gone? i though he was a hot shot guy?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The real question is, how long until Ben eats the rest of his hands? They're fairly normal length in that picture

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

intardnation posted:

zane is gone? i though he was a hot shot guy?

He's not gone. He still works in UK office.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TheAgent posted:

what? no

disney and EA are buddy buddy with the star wars IP (with the exception of mobile games) and had a new agreement signed with the mouse in 2013 (a ten year contract with reups, 5 game minimum)

the new battlefront has new order/resistance factions and a single player storyline around the rebels timeline, fyi

the new visceral game is supposedly set on the outer rim during the rise of the new order (think remnant fleet) and the other studio (EA undisclosed) is working on the space mama jamma thing, set among new republic planets

when do we get swtor 2?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

since you have been so wrong before I am going to need a citation please. I trust the X till then.

No refunds:

http://i.imgur.com/7nLm7si.mp4

intardnation fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 7, 2017

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh you've visited lately have you?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chris's hairpiece looks like some furry creature just fell off the roof onto his head there.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

intardnation posted:

when do we get swtor 2?

SWTOR was actually salvaged into a decent computer game though, they just keep pumping out expansions now and people play and the content is fairly ok.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

2.6 technically isnt even out yet. These sub patches are all poo poo they cut out of 2.6

Exactly. The "patcher" still downloads the entire game*

*game lol

Somebody mentioned a bit ago CIG did well with their implementation of two factor authentication, I assume they just bought it off a shelf and paid someone to put it in. They didn't make their own version because Chris Roberts either didn't care enough about that element to gently caress up refactor it or it's part of a continued policy not to let CIG near anything important, such as the store page.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Chris's hairpiece looks like some furry creature just fell off the roof onto his head there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

since you have been so wrong before I am going to need a citation please. I trust the X till then.

Moma is correct on that point, at least 4 others crossed out are still there too.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Truga posted:

SWTOR was actually salvaged into a decent computer game though, they just keep pumping out expansions now and people play and the content is fairly ok.

never went back after the forced transfers and I wasnt able to put my characters together. Due to low pop I was forced off to another server, so I quit and never went back.
Bad decisions and Iliium (sp) made it that I will never play another bioware game again. But it was my first mmo and taste of pvp and liked it. just didnt like what they did with it.
Waiting for CU now and maybe a VR MMO. Fallout 4 VR is my biggie this year - other than Star Citizen VR 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

AP posted:

Moma is correct on that point, at least 4 others crossed out are still there too.

ok then. I was surprised because Zane was a hot shot and thought they would want to keep him from what is left of my memory.
The PR guy is still there and spamming paid articles and reviews as well.