Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
I ended up running a Hyperloop based deck last night at a casual league.

It was a poor decision.

I normally play super aggro decks, so my games don't often last longer than 10-15 minutes. The Hyperloop certainly has the potential to be a strong, winning deck, but it takes so loving long that it could never be competitive in a tournament environment. Over the course of two and a half hours, I played three rounds, with no more than five minutes between matches. I won the first two games, but the third one was so grueling I ended up taking a dive at the end so it would finally be over. I could have won by decking him, but I would have felt terrible about it.

What I learned is that running a real hyperloop deck makes you a dick, and I will never do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hyperloop is a pain in the butt because there is not many ways to stop it, when we getting discard pile removal??

it doesn't even help the person doing the loop unless they are already ahead

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I've been experimenting more with mono-blue villainy and finding I might actually think that eKylo/Vader has legs; it's not amazing, but I don't think it's complete crap, either. eKylo/eDooku just doesn't have the same gas in it, to me. Also? I think that FFG has to be incredibly careful about printing Hero uniques who can be played at <=10 points, because Luke Skywalker is really good. I've been on a tear with a mono-blue Hero deck (eLuke/Rey) that I mostly made as a joke and it's just been slaying some people. His ability lets you go and get at the very least a reroll, and sometimes will grab you something game-changing like All In. He's got 12 HP and monster die faces, including a valuable Focus side and a 3 damage side that doesn't cost any money. He's cheaper to play than Vader is and is, in my estimation, better.

That said, I still want to try for an eLuke/Ackbar setup at the next tournament, and I'm still working out what to include. eHan/eRey remains an effective deck and it's really fun, but with everyone teching for ranged damage I'm kind of excited to show someone exactly what All In can do with an eLuke and his lightsaber equipped.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

I've been experimenting more with mono-blue villainy and finding I might actually think that eKylo/Vader has legs; it's not amazing, but I don't think it's complete crap, either. eKylo/eDooku just doesn't have the same gas in it, to me. Also? I think that FFG has to be incredibly careful about printing Hero uniques who can be played at <=10 points, because Luke Skywalker is really good. I've been on a tear with a mono-blue Hero deck (eLuke/Rey) that I mostly made as a joke and it's just been slaying some people. His ability lets you go and get at the very least a reroll, and sometimes will grab you something game-changing like All In. He's got 12 HP and monster die faces, including a valuable Focus side and a 3 damage side that doesn't cost any money. He's cheaper to play than Vader is and is, in my estimation, better.

That said, I still want to try for an eLuke/Ackbar setup at the next tournament, and I'm still working out what to include. eHan/eRey remains an effective deck and it's really fun, but with everyone teching for ranged damage I'm kind of excited to show someone exactly what All In can do with an eLuke and his lightsaber equipped.

The metagame is really shaping up to be all about ranged damage, yeah. eLuke is really vulnerable to die removal, because he's going to be the only hitter on the team, so All In is his best shot.

I think Blue Villain is so good, but it's also the most expensive deck. I still don't have Force Chokes or Kylo's Lightsaber or more than one Vader, and I have a playset of almost every other card.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

guts and bolts posted:

I think eKylo/Vader is 1 or 2 cards from being really solid. The next set will hopefully round it out nicely.

Speaking of the next set, I hope we get some more cheap non-uniques so we can run a big squad of different storm troopers. That vs Palpatine will be really interesting.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Looks like SoR set is going to have poo poo availability as well. CSI isn't doing any preorders.

quote:

Unfortunately yes due to heavy allocations we had with the first set we're unable to offer preorders for any of the upcoming set.

The fact that even the starter sets are nowhere to be found this late into the first set's release is nothing short of pathetic.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've never experienced a release like this, so I'm unsure exactly how this will affect the game. Part of me thinks the excitement around the game is good and part of me thinks that the lack of product is bad. I don't know whether to sell off my stuff because interest is high, to sell it off because the game could fail, whether FFG will do a future reprint of Awakenings or to do nothing and see what happens.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Xwing was at a very similar situation in the beginning. Core sets were sold out. If you didn't pick up a ship on release or restock day, you will out of luck. The stock didn't stabilize until after the YT-1300 and Firespray dropped. I would demo Xwing for people and just shrug when they asked where to buy it.

Integral expansions of Netrunner had been out of print for over a year. In Imperial Assault, Boba Fett is constantly out of stock and sells for $50 on eBay when he is $15 MSRP.

TL;DR Destiny isn't dying. It isn't going to die due to its low stock. FFG cannot roll out a new game properly. It is annoying but it has not killed any of their games yet. If you want to sell to make a profit, now is the time. Prices might even shoot up more when the next set drops though because it will attract even more players.

Also it helps if you don't try and collect the entire set. Hardly anyone tries to collect entire sets of Magic so I just collect Villains now. I will limit myself to deck archetypes, like Vader and friend, once the game is fleshed out more.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

If you are planning to cash out, I think the best time will actually be after the last of SoR is spoiled or just after its release; assuming they don't print newer versions of the iconic characters who already exist and are really good (Luke, Han, Vader) you'll see a pretty large surge of new consumers who will see the card pool and build poo poo on swdestinydb and think, wow, this Hero blue card would be awesome in a deck with Luke Skywalker.

Who they can't get unless you sell it to them.

Thankfully there are plenty more iconic characters to mine for SoR's full card list, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly newer (TFA/R1) stuff mixed in with a few of the OT legends who didn't make the cut in Awakenings (Obi-Wan, Chewie, Boba Fett, and we already know Palps is in). Like, in my estimation, we're likely to get more than just Jyn, Chirrut, and Krennic from R1, even if all the characters in that movie sucked. :( I'd expect Maz Kanata, General Hux, K-2SO, Cassian, maybe even poo poo like Snoke before we get a second version of Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, etc. In my mind that makes them valuable by itself. It certainly doesn't hurt that Luke, Han, Vader, and the Fett we already have are iconic as hell and also super-great cards in their own right. Unless some of the new characters have truly outrageous levels of power, people are likely to seek their nostalgia-driven favorites... and that's when you should cash out, if you're going to.

The weirdest thing to me is that it seems pretty obvious how random-pack card games are supposed to work - intentionally limit the amount of powerful, rare cards, then watch the secondary market prices for those cards skyrocket. Sure, some people will buy the singles and you won't get a dime of that sweet $40-per-Han money, but you also have a huge number of players who think, gently caress that, I'll pull the handle on the slot machine a few more times, and then I'll either get the card I want or at least something to trade for it. And so they buy a $100 box of boosters instead.

The problem right now is that the slot machine is out of order, and there is no alternative to buying the singles, so FFG doesn't really stand to gain at all from the robust secondary market. Literally nothing. Destiny is so incredibly popular and fun to play that people who think the game is "dying" or going to die strike me as either alarmists or people salty about not getting product (justifiably so!), but it stands to reason that they need a second run of Awakenings to exist, if only to capitalize on the opportunity that the secondary market has created for them.

Who likes pointless tier talk and list-making!??!? I do. But I can't really come up with a strictly codified list. As an experiment (and also to help answer questions about how I've gone about list-making and what I'm building from, personally), I made up some nonsense formula for arriving at a character's performance value (PV), which is a made-up stat that is basically die faces, special ability, and health divided by cost, where I assigned numerical values to die faces and special abilities that are hugely subjective. I also didn't take color or faction affiliation into account - I personally think that Hero yellow is a tad weak, comparatively, but that shouldn't count against Han, Finn, Padme, or the Hired Gun directly. Like, conceivably, Hero yellow could get better! Padme is unlikely to improve, though. (Related to this: I also didn't factor combos directly into my decision-making; Ambush weapons and Infamous/Scavenge combos are awesome with Rey in your deck but a) she works without them and b) who knows, maybe Ambush weapons stop being viable at a later date.)

I think that Jango, Luke, Bala-Tik, Rey, Vader, and Han are the best characters in the game when measured in this vacuum, though not necessarily in that order. Jabba and Kylo Ren I'm also pretty bull-ish on, as well as Captain Phasma and almost every generic character, since they're all... kinda good? The only thing I feel confident about is that Padme is not good. Finn could conceivably become good because of his unique ability text, and some characters have ability text that seem likely to actually only improve as the game expands (Luke, Vader, Finn, and Kylo Ren especially). Like Dooku is just Dooku, if that makes sense - he's gonna Dooku and that's just what he does forever. Anyone without unique ability text is in the same boat, in a vacuum - they become a known quantity. But as cards get better drawing cards will get better; forcing an opponent to pitch something for their combo or killing a reroll, that will get better; having access to a much wider variety of choices when deckbuilding, that will get better. Phasma gets better as better Villain generics show up.

Padme, though... seems bad. Milling in general seems bad; strictly worse than discarding, for sure, but also bad given the format of organized play. You'll probably only get the one game in if you're limited to 35 minutes, even against fast opposing decks, maaaybe two games? And that's a tough ask to basically say "you can never lose if you want to advance in tourney play." You could see milling decks become better and use Padme as a consequence of that, since she synergizes well with that concept, blah blah, but characters like Luke and Vader are just always going to be good unless we see big-time die inflation problems, and will likely only get better as the game goes on.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

guts and bolts posted:

Like, in my estimation, we're likely to get more than just Jyn, Chirrut, and Krennic from R1, even if all the characters in that movie sucked. :(

🤔

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
My memory of Decipher CCG was that for some of the characters like Vader and Han, the grey market price rarely, if ever dipped very far throughout the lifetime of the game. Vader was always $50-60. Even after several versions and an unlimited white border version. No idea if that's how things will work this time around, but I'm not too worried about sitting on the couple Vaders I've gotten to see what shakes out.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

What's something simple to play that I can take to an event later today? I was thinking Jango/Veers, but I don't have the Detonators.

Maybe Rainbow Arty, for sheer stupidity value.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Deviant posted:

What's something simple to play that I can take to an event later today? I was thinking Jango/Veers, but I don't have the Detonators.

Maybe Rainbow Arty, for sheer stupidity value.

You really, really don't need Detonators to run an effective Jangeers deck. If you have the Jetpacks, DH-17s, Holdouts, OTH, etc. then you're golden. Put all your guns in the deck and turn dudes sideways.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

guts and bolts posted:

You really, really don't need Detonators to run an effective Jangeers deck. If you have the Jetpacks, DH-17s, Holdouts, OTH, etc. then you're golden. Put all your guns in the deck and turn dudes sideways.

What are the other required pieces? I'm short one On The Hunt, but I have 2x of everything else you mentioned.

Something like this?

Upgrade (13 13 )
x2 DH-17 Blaster Pistol ()
x2 F-11D Rifle ()
x2 Holdout Blaster ()
x1 Infantry Grenades ()
x2 IQA-11 Blaster Rifle ()
x2 Jetpack ()
x2 On The Hunt ()

Support (2 )
x2 Backup Muscle

Event (15 )
x1 Armed to the Teeth
x2 Dug in
x2 Electroshock
x2 He Doesn't Like You
x2 Logistics
x2 Probe
x2 Tactical Mastery
x2 Unpredictable

Frozen Wastes?

I have everything there but 2nd copies of On the Hunt/Dug in

Alternatley, I was considering shamelessly stealing this Veers/Balatik/Nightsister deck i have all the pieces for

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/7223/generalvalue2xtournamentwinner-1.0

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 7, 2017

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

(New post since completley different topic)

Let's talk trades again.

Needs @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/WtZSiEfD
Haves @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/Y72GNGvY

I'm looking to start maybe turning some of my excess rares into legendaries at a many-to-one if necessary.
Other things are available on request, the above Haves is just what I have >2 of.

Full collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing

Let's see if we can't fill some gaps here.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

(New post since completley different topic)

Let's talk trades again.

Needs @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/WtZSiEfD
Haves @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/Y72GNGvY

I'm looking to start maybe turning some of my excess rares into legendaries at a many-to-one if necessary.
Other things are available on request, the above Haves is just what I have >2 of.

Full collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing

Let's see if we can't fill some gaps here.

I would like two Jetpacks. I know I have an extra Phasma and Padawan, I'll check later for sure.

I'm also looking for two Force Chokes, if anyone has them. I don't have a ton of Destiny stuff extra, but I do have tons of Magic cards.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

I would like two Jetpacks. I know I have an extra Phasma and Padawan, I'll check later for sure.

I'm also looking for two Force Chokes, if anyone has them. I don't have a ton of Destiny stuff extra, but I do have tons of Magic cards.

Ok, Phasma and Padawan at CSI sale price are 17.99 and 3.99 and Jetpack is 15.99, so I could do both Jetpacks if you can sweeten it up a little, or I could do 1 jetpack and something else.

(I'm just using CSI's singles sale prices as a consistent benchmark FYI)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

What is the deal with Phasma, anyway? I don't think they actually printed any physical copies of Phasma. She just doesn't exist. I have seen (and own) more Vaders than Phasma lmao

Good thing I've opened 4 Poe's and 3 Black Ones :v:

e: also, I just sent 5 Force Training to CSI... lol at opening 7 of those

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 7, 2017

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

What is the deal with Phasma, anyway? I don't think they actually printed any physical copies of Phasma. She just doesn't exist. I have seen (and own) more Vaders than Phasma lmao

Good thing I've opened 4 Poe's and 3 Black Ones :v:

e: also, I just sent 5 Force Training to CSI... lol at opening 7 of those

It is just luck of the draw. I have opened 4 Phasma's, but no Vaders after a little more than 3 boxes worth of packs. Managed to trade the extras away to fill the gaps in my collection.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Bottom Liner posted:

Looks like SoR set is going to have poo poo availability as well. CSI isn't doing any preorders.

The fact that even the starter sets are nowhere to be found this late into the first set's release is nothing short of pathetic.

This doesn't mean what you think it means. It's saying "we got burned on the last set, so this time we're not paying with fire". It says literally and absolutely nothing about SoR's availability or lack thereof.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No, it's pretty damning that all distributors have told retail locations that allotment will be limited and unpredictable. Can't find the thread right now but that was the story from multiple sources.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Lukas Spirit of Rebellion preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfSMO2VOY0

e: with new spoilers!!!@@1 https://imgur.com/gallery/59sM5. Didn't take them very long to make another version of you know who, lol

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 7, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Titling the card Darth Vader but having the artwork show emo Anakin feels so loving wrong. Bleh.

Rise Again is crazy good, 5 cost is right or maybe even cheap depending on what kind of resource generation blue gets later on.

Obi looks great at elite, expensive at non-elite.

Freezing Chamber is a good battleground, but can really screw you as well.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 7, 2017

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Lukas Spirit of Rebellion preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfSMO2VOY0

e: with new spoilers!!!@@1

Hah, I knew Lukas was on the team, didn't realize he was lead designer. He rolled me with his eAckbar/Padawan x2 deck a couple weeks ago at the Fantasy Flight Games Center tournament. Made me consider swapping out my eLuke for the Padawans but I don't have the other Ackbar yet, and would rather swap Ackbar for a Hired Gun to get access to rogue.

Must be nice having access to any card you want while the rest of us scrounge for product, but that's not really his fault FFG's production side is lacking. Especially considering they underestimated the popularity of his design.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I pretty much only gave this game a chance because Lukas is the lead designer.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
For those who don't want to watch the video.

Obi Wan Kenobi has an incredible die, and he's crazy expensive. Love all those focus and damage sides.
Elite Darth Vader Dark Apprentice is the perfect cost to pair with Elite Kylo Ren :haw:
And the Carbon Freezing Chamber battlefield pretty much immediately makes the Emperor not worth running.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That Obi looks like so much fun. A side with 3 melee and a side with 2 focus, combined with the Guardian keyword and playing an upgrade for free. In fact, you can place a One With The Force on him from your hand or discard pile for free and it turns into a support right away. Nasty.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ShowTime posted:

That Obi looks like so much fun. A side with 3 melee and a side with 2 focus, combined with the Guardian keyword and playing an upgrade for free. In fact, you can place a One With The Force on him from your hand or discard pile for free and it turns into a support right away. Nasty.

I like the idea of Willpower too with Obi Wan

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Strobe posted:

This doesn't mean what you think it means. It's saying "we got burned on the last set, so this time we're not paying with fire". It says literally and absolutely nothing about SoR's availability or lack thereof.
Especially with all the poo poo Miniature Market is taking because they had to cancel a bunch of preorders, I can't really blame any retailers who refuse to take preorders for the next set.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Carbon-Freezing Chamber is going to make fast or action economy decks like eJango/red or eRey/eHan incredibly powerful.

Obi-Wan is awesome, but really expensive. eRey seems to be the only viable character to pair with him, unless they release another character with some damage sides and an elite version of 14 or fewer points. Or just give the Hero side a non-unique character at 7 points.

Rise Again is going to make disrupt sides even more valuable, and the resource cost makes it not great to run with Anakin, but fantastic with Sith Lord.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Benthalus posted:

Carbon-Freezing Chamber is going to make fast or action economy decks like eJango/red or eRey/eHan incredibly powerful.

Also really good with Outpost. But Outpost is potentially really bad if it can't nab the Chamber's claim, so better go first or run Hyperspace Jump.

I can't wait for the day when there are multiple decks relying so heavily on their battlefield that there's a lot of back and forth Hyperspace Jumps.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

canyoneer posted:

And the Carbon Freezing Chamber battlefield pretty much immediately makes the Emperor not worth running.

I mean, not really though? You have to expect that an Elite Palpatine player will be claiming the battlefield far more frequently than a non-Palpatine player, if not 100% of the time, unless you just straight up start taking turns off to claim, in hopes of setting up some big next turn, but then you're only furthering the likelihood that Palpatine claims in that following round, so how much do you really gain from it?

In the eventual ePalp mirror matches I could see it being an incredibly annoying ping pong of 'I have two dice, I have one die, I have two dice, I have one die', etc. That match up will be interesting to see play out.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Any ebay sellers on here? Do you guys just set your stuff as auction or do you pricematch CSI or what do you do?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Auction if you definitely want to sell, as people will bid it up if it's low enough. I use other Ebay auctions as a basis and take a look at what CSI/MM are doing. Their prices are always higher, but their buy prices are a great point to start at. Things to remember: shipping costs and fees. Right now only a few cards are actually selling for more than what CSI will pay for them, if you take into account fees and shipping costs. An example would be Thermal Detonator. You can get one on Ebay for $20-$24, but you can also just sell it to CSI for $20. Selling it on ebay would net you less, as they take 10%, Paypal takes like 3% and shipping w/ tracking (which you should always do) + an envelope is $3. So it would be better to just sell that card to CSI than to waste your time selling it on Ebay.

Lots sell really well if you couple them with a decent card or two. I pick through all my bulk, take out the good stuff and then sell the rest on Ebay as a bulk lot. Attach a decent legendary to it so they feel like they are getting something of real value with it and you can get a decent price. Most recently I sold a lot with commons/uncommons/rares and a legendary for $80, when it was really wasn't worth that much.

Right now I have some lots up with really high fixed prices and am accepting best offers. I'm partially driving up the price of my stuff and partially holding out as I expect prices to rise. If the item sells now, I don't mind, because the price is set so high.

Honestly, CSI is probably the better route to go if you are only selling a few things. If you have an entire collection you want to get rid of and don't like what CSI is paying, i'd suggest parceling it out into separate lots of around $100-$200 each. The higher the price, the less people are willing to pay, even if the value is there. Some people only want a few things and a bigger lot might have things they don't want. They also don't like the idea of spending $400-$500 on cards. Easier to swallow only paying $100 or $200 for stuff.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I'm so loving sick of jango decks.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Deviant posted:

He is for sure the most toxic character. Blatantly and kinda extremely, meta-warpingly good. I expect them to add specific counters to him as the game progresses, though I'm not sure what shape those counters will take. Jango puts such a burden on you - you have to outrace him, you need to have good action economy to deal with his free rollout, you need to be able to survive a hideous potential spike in damage at virtually any time - that I'm kinda unhappy they've already printed a card this powerful.

He should cost more. Much more. Running Jango with eBala and other stuff is insanity, and shouldn't exist, at least with what else exists in Awakenings.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Deviant posted:

Only semi-related, but this is why it's so important that FFG keeps on schedule with new content, even if it means not getting Awakenings again for a while. Diversifying the card pool is arguably more important than meeting set 1 demand, as much as the current situation sucks. They'll still get new players who can only find SoR content, and improve the experience for people who have been playing with Awakenings and are growing stale with it. Still wish AWK release wasn't such a shitshow. :(

Liking all the SoR previews so far. Reallly excited to play with Obi-wan. And that new blue Rise event seems incredibly good.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

quote:

Villain
Command / Rogue / Force

Sets: Awakenings

BATTLEFIELD
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Rebel War Room, Yavin IV (Awakenings #171)

CHARACTER
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x General Veers, Field Commander (Awakenings #4)
1x Nightsister (Awakenings #12)
1x Bala-Tik, Gang Leader (Awakenings #19)

UPGRADE
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x F-11D Rifle (Awakenings #8)
2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol (Awakenings #54)
2x Promotion (Awakenings #56)
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings #63)
2x Jetpack (Awakenings #66)
2x Hunker Down (Awakenings #164)

SUPPORT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Backup Muscle (Awakenings #99)

EVENT
ŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Cannon Fodder (Awakenings #68)
2x Enrage (Awakenings #81)
1x Feel Your Anger (Awakenings #82)
2x Intimidate (Awakenings #84)
2x He Doesn't Like You (Awakenings #97)
2x Logistics (Awakenings #142)
2x Deflect (Awakenings #145)
2x Flank (Awakenings #156)
1x Electroshock (Awakenings #159)

So this is what I played today, and it was competetive, if having a bit of trouble with Jango.

I was debating swapping Electroshock for another Feel Your Anger, and Enrage never got played, so maybe Black Market? Any other suggestions?

I also wonder if that's the best battlefield choice?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Here's what I cobbled together. It's probably missing a few things, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Destiny Deckbuilder

Total Cards: (30)

Character: (29/30)
2x Rey (Awakenings)
2x Qui-Gon Jinn (Awakenings)

Battlefield:
1x Echo Base (Awakenings)

Event: (18)
2x Use the Force (Awakenings)
1x Dodge (Awakenings)
1x Block (Awakenings)
2x Force Misdirection (Awakenings)
2x Willpower (Awakenings)
2x Defensive Stance (Awakenings)
2x Anticipate (Awakenings)
2x Return of the Jedi (Awakenings)
1x Riposte (Awakenings)
2x Take Cover (Awakenings)
1x Heroism (Awakenings)

Support: (1)
1x It Binds All Things (Awakenings)

Upgrade: (11)
2x Jedi Robes (Awakenings)
2x Lightsaber (Awakenings)
1x Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber (Awakenings)
1x Rey’s Staff (Awakenings)
1x Force Throw (Awakenings)
1x Force Training (Awakenings)
1x Force Protection (Awakenings)
1x Comlink (Awakenings)
1x Mind Probe (Awakenings)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Iceclaw posted:

Here's what I cobbled together. It's probably missing a few things, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Star Wars Destiny Deckbuilder

Total Cards...

This isn't that far off my eQ/eR deck, so if you cobbled it together from spares/what's available, that isn't bad. It's a very fun deck, and I've had a lot of success with it.

If you have or can trade for it, a second copy of Riposte is really, really handy. It is one of my most reliable closers, along with All In. People just don't expect it, and being able to swing for 3 and finish off Vader or Jango when they think they've survived the turn is super, super valuable.

I don't know if you have it available, but swapping out Mind Probe for another Force Training or Protection might be worthwhile. Cheaper resources wise, and keeps the shield train running better. That said, if you don't have the card, I wouldn't do that trade for it.