Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

tjones posted:

Lol someone hit him with a black eye. If that were to happen to you, how exactly would you get it off of yourself? Ahaha.

Only, my Valk player doesn't throw a Black Eye outside, I couldn't control the camera at all and how would it apply it to the Shock Drone? :psyduck:

EDIT: This is so amazing I'm gonna brag about it on the new page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRtTI6_irs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

tjones posted:

Lol someone hit him with a black eye. If that were to happen to you, how exactly would you get it off of yourself? Ahaha.

I've had someone throw a blackeye at me before (headshot, too! Probably did give me a black eye :v:), although from memory it just hit me then fell to the floor. That did happen a while ago though, so they could've broken/changed something regarding that, since then.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Kikas posted:

Only, my Valk player doesn't throw a Black Eye outside, I couldn't control the camera at all and how would it apply it to the Shock Drone? :psyduck:

EDIT: This is so amazing I'm gonna brag about it on the new page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRtTI6_irs

This is really, really cool. Thanks for sharing this! Consider posting to r/rainbow6

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sorry if I missed it in the patch notes, but will this poo poo be getting fixed?

http://imgur.com/a/RndCI

He did it right at the start of the match and screwed us over.

I see it most nights I play.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Sorry if I missed it in the patch notes, but will this poo poo be getting fixed?

How does that bug work? Please don't tell me he glitches into the stairs and then has an impenetrable bunker he can shoot out of, but no one can shoot into? Cause if so, that's broken as gently caress and he's a toxic shitter for doing that. How is it any fun when there's literally 0 way for you to die yet be able to kill everyone else?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

How does that bug work? Please don't tell me he glitches into the stairs and then has an impenetrable bunker he can shoot out of, but no one can shoot into? Cause if so, that's broken as gently caress and he's a toxic shitter for doing that. How is it any fun when there's literally 0 way for you to die yet be able to kill everyone else?

Is this the first time you've played an FPS?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Loopoo posted:

It has to do with somehow vaulting onto the stairs then going prone immediately. It doesn't seem like you can actually fight from in the stairs. You just get to hang out and be a poo poo head.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Is this the first time you've played an FPS?

I was hoping the most toxic the R6 community got was teamkilling. But being able to sit invulnerable whilst you snipe enemies takes toxicity to a whole new level.

It has to do with somehow vaulting onto the stairs then going prone immediately. It doesn't seem like you can actually fight from in the stairs. You just get to hang out and be a poo poo head.

"You just get to hang out and be a poo poo head" best quote ever. It's not as bad as I thought, literally 0 point in doing it as defender seeing as the objectives can still be taken. I thought you could shoot from inside the stairs.

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRm8B2hCe4

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Loopoo posted:

I was hoping the most toxic the R6 community got was teamkilling. But being able to sit invulnerable whilst you snipe enemies takes toxicity to a whole new level.

"You just get to hang out and be a poo poo head" best quote ever. It's not as bad as I thought, literally 0 point in doing it as defender seeing as the objectives can still be taken. I thought you could shoot from inside the stairs.

One of the big yacht exploits lasted 2 weeks past Black Ice being debuted and involved attackers locking down the entire cockpit/4th floor of the boat because they could get up inside the walls and shoot through the roof at you.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Are people back to using silencers again?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

To answer the actual question, ya you missed it, it is getting fixed.

quote:

Skyscraper

- Fixed: It is possible to clip through and hide under Main Stairs in the Restaurant.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Oh that guy. We've played him before, he's a complete gobshite.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hard can you please tell me when the patch will drop I don't want to risk playing now to get dropped out of the servers and lose my precious Bronze 3 rank.

Also I want to play the new map SO BAD.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kikas posted:

Hard can you please tell me when the patch will drop I don't want to risk playing now to get dropped out of the servers and lose my precious Bronze 3 rank.

Also I want to play the new map SO BAD.
Patch will be dropping 16:00 - 17:00 UTC for the PC version of the game. There is a very recent tweet by official Siege account with patch downtimes for all versions. As of this post, you have exactly 2 hours to play on PC.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please nerf iq's speed while downed, a poor bandit failed to catch her(while downed) in the wire+battery execution twice.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Ugh. 3465. What a way to end.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I wish I weren't stuck at work right now. I want to do my 10 placement matches!!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

afkmacro posted:

I wish I weren't stuck at work right now. I want to do my 10 placement matches!!!
65 minutes until PC servers are back if everything goes as scheduled, no?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Are we there yet? :f5:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
8GB update
edit:

:iiam:

lohli fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 7, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard can you send a ping to my Uplay to make sure it updates while I'm at work thanks

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
6,5 GB on Steam :v:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
haha the diamond charm is platinum colored again

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I have no idea when I actually downloaded the patch because I just launched it straight into the update.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

There's something similar you can do on Bartlett University. I don't see it mentioned as fixed in the patch notes but hopefully it was fixed and just not mentioned.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sdr782 posted:

There's something similar you can do on Bartlett University. I don't see it mentioned as fixed in the patch notes but hopefully it was fixed and just not mentioned.
It was fixed, Epi spoiled the beans in a reddit thread.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Really loving the new interface, Hard. My favourite part is where it still is a slow rear end garbage that takes ages to change skins and charms on weapons. :bravo:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How do alpha packs work??

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Loving my new sweet Obsidian Weapon Skin I can't apply to any weapon of the new operators.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Loving my new sweet Obsidian Weapon Skin I can't apply to any weapon of the new operators.

Rip open a few packs my dude

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rip open a few packs my dude
I just haven't played in a while and sweet dark weapon skin that doesn't tip international space station about my gun would've owned. I guess I'll slap on Christmas sweater camo in the meanwhile.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Patch is good?? Do I hire a taxi to get home to play or keep drinking

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Do goons still play together regularly? I'm hoping to get out of pub hell.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Patch is good?? Do I hire a taxi to get home to play or keep drinking
Unless you are drinking alone, video games can wait.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm drinking with friends I drink with every week but I will wait.

The usual crazy lady hasn't turned up at the bar to yell at people yet. Bars in the UK aren't asfun as Russia :(

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Twitch's drone cane break Mira's window.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Twitch's drone cane break Mira's window.
That was expected. Mira is going to be impossible to play in pubs, because random teammates seldom will coordinate enough to hunt down Twitch's drones, or just to avoid blowing out the window themselves.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That was expected. Mira is going to be impossible to play in pubs, because random teammates seldom will coordinate enough to hunt down Twitch's drones, or just to avoid blowing out the window themselves.

You don't need to be well coordinated to kill twitch drones, they are loud and everyone loves shooting drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

You don't need to be well coordinated to kill twitch drones, they are loud and everyone loves shooting drones
Last I played, even Platinum randoms did fail at basic drone elimination every now and then.

• Locked thread