Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Gal with the weird brother-in-law:

Eighty-six those freeloaders. They're obviously taking advantage of you and know you won't do jack about it because "a bloo bloo bloo she's pregnant and we have nowhere to go and I'm your husband's brother uguu~"

If they were being respectful it'd be one thing but you're getting walked all over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jose posted:

they were hoping for you to join in

Sounds to me like Anon is tots jelly.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

So I have been married to a wonderful man for the past 4 years. He has 2 younger brothers who are also really great and welcomed me as a sister from the first time they met me.

Maybe stop being a doormat and take control of your home by kicking them out. Give them 2 weeks.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

loquacius posted:

There's no way in hell anyone could make a long-term running profit off of scratch tickets. Those things are a scam, and they're not gameable no matter how Rain-Man you are about it. I worked in a convenience store, and you'd always see people come in, buy $100 worth of $10 tickets, win $20 off of one of them, use it to buy two more of the same ticket, win $5 off one of those, buy a $5 ticket with it, get nothing off that one, and go home with nothing. He was probably either playing a shitload of high-stakes poker or counting cards at blackjack.
Any opportunity to post this great Wired piece about a guy who did so is a good opportunity.

...even if he didn't get lucky, he just literally broke their bad randomization and also exploited my favorite flaw:

quote:

“Lots of people buy lottery tickets in bulk to give away as prizes for contests,” he says. He asked several Toronto retailers if they would object to him buying tickets and then exchanging the unused, unscratched tickets. “Everybody said that would be totally fine. Nobody was even a tiny bit suspicious,” he says. “Why not? Because they all assumed the games are unbreakable.”

edit: rather more accurately, he could have done so but didn't, but as penance here's an even cooler article about Russian mobs manipulating slot machine PRNG.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 7, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Torquemada posted:

No kidding, someone just dropped "reaping the masturbatory whirlwind" in one of the other threads I'm following.

Did someone call down the thunder of bean-flickery?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

quote:

beard goon

Yeah I got this issue, but I just do it on a small section the right side of my neck under the chin. I shave fairly regularly so it's not really noticeable unless someone knew exactly where to look and got close enough. Sometimes I like to get as close a shave as possible then pluck out the stubborn remainers with some tweezers. So satisfying. However I do have the problem of touching the plucked hair off my upper lip before flicking it away. Don't know why I do that.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Any opportunity to post this great Wired piece about a guy who did so is a good opportunity.

...even if he didn't get lucky, he just literally broke their bad randomization and also exploited my favorite flaw:

edit: rather more accurately, he could have done so but didn't, but as penance here's an even cooler article about Russian mobs manipulating slot machine PRNG.

I don't understand why gambling organizers work like that but this isn't the thread to discuss algorithms and gambling payout. Do we have a better thread?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

loquacius posted:

I would say "how does a guy who still has student loans manage to spend 1.2 mil on gambling" but I guess you have a system. Just gotta account for this one detail huh

I dunno man, I can barely handle my "I worked at a salaried job all year and have no dividend-paying investments" W2 :shrug: Any insights, thread?

Take out a 90k mortgage on the house.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
If I found a bunch of freeloaders loving on my couch I would throw their rear end out. And this is what you should do too, wife with lovely brother in law. Either they give a meaningful contribution to the household and never ever have sex outside their room again, or they leave.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
pimp out your wife

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Morbidly obese goons.

"But, at least right now, I cannot imagine EVER being intimate with her again, even just the thought of touching her arm is grossing me out right now."

How the hell do you and your wife even get "intimate" with each other at 320 pounds apiece, short of masturbating each other? Do friends hold your panniculi out of the way so you can have intercourse? Are your bed's boxsprings made of solid steel to keep them from breaking?

So many questions...but I don't really want to know the answers. I'm grossed out just thinking about it.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Anton Chigurh posted:

How the hell do you and your wife even get "intimate" with each other at 320 pounds apiece, short of masturbating each other? Do friends hold your panniculi out of the way so you can have intercourse? Are your bed's boxsprings made of solid steel to keep them from breaking?

So many questions...but I don't really want to know the answers. I'm grossed out just thinking about it.

don't hurt yourself

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Anton Chigurh posted:

I don't know man, but your mom seems to makes it work :twisted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm a healthy twenty-seven year old with a high libido who gets incredibly nervous before sex. My wife is attractive, our marriage is good, and we have good sex. If I know we're going to, I just feel sick to my stomach and anxious. I don't understand it.

As soon as we start, I'm fine. The idea of being anxious is laughable at that point and for the rest of the night. Cue tomorrow and I'm anxious again. There's no basis for it though. We have good sex, I know what I'm doing, she knows what she's doing, etc. I can't figure it out.

I've only done it a few times but I've been so nervous in the past that I've faked a stomachache to get out of it despite being turned on and wanting it. It's so disappointing when the "window of opportunity" closes (as in she goes to sleep) and I realize I could have initiated it. Every time, I feel like a scared virgin.

We still have a good sex life though. It just sucks that my evenings are filled with sexual anxiety for no reason.

quote:

My confession is that my tinder fling with a woman 12 years my senior has turned into a serious and long lasting relationship of one and a half years. The catch is that she lives in Korea, and has been flying me back and forth every month or two that whole time.

Somehow the cool trips to Asia to bang out the hot corporate exec lady switched from being something I bragged to my frat brothers about into a really sappy, romantic and positive, if long distance, relationship.

Now I guess the plan is for me to find a job there that isn't teaching English and she'd help me buy a studio in her swanky rich people neighborhood. Which would be a super cool transformative life experience to have at 27, but the plan to start a life with the 39 year old busy single mom who *probably* can't have healthy children anymore might not work out so well in the long term.

I don't know if anyone's interested in any of the other funny details of my story, but if any of you goons have found success dating older women I'd love to hear about it. or just make fun of me, that'd be pretty cool too, lol.

important question: do you speak Korean

If not you might want to consider teaching English, it'd be a pretty good way to pick it up.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Nervous goon. See a therapist. Maybe you have repressed memories of being sexually abused or something.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
What, like, performance anxiety? Inexplicable terror? Its weird that you're fine once you begin.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That first one seems like he deep down thinks his girlfriend isn't enjoying the sex considering how often he repeats "we have good sex" or some variant of it. He does it like 4 times just in that confession.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Hey I know polygamy came up like 10 pages ago but I just wanted to chime in and say monogamy is a pretty recent development in terms of Human relationships and if you're like me and got stuck with 2 lovely uneducated idiot parents, I can definitely see how an alternative could be potentially preferable. Plus any mono relationship is going to devolve into a loveless, routine mess no matter how long it goes for.

That said the only poly couple I know are the grossest people I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. They're married and have 2 daughters and like 5 other partners each. The wife is a 500 ton land whale and her husband looks like a Viking, which feels appropriate. They got me high and tried to persuade me into joining their weird political cult. That's my non-anon confession hope u liked it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Motherfucker posted:

What, like, performance anxiety? Inexplicable terror? Its weird that you're fine once you begin.

I get that way before parties sometimes. Just this weird unnerved feeling that I can't quite describe, but goes away once I'm there. Maybe it's just anticipation?

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Anton Chigurh posted:

Just stop!

We get that none of you shitstains understand how fat people make the secs, but they do.....sometimes a lot. Where this is a will, there is a way. Heck, I was over 400 lbs when I fathered two of my three kids.

Sure, I have better, more enjoyable sex now that I'm back in the 200's but that doesn't mean I couldn't get it done when I was lol fatty.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

wernox posted:

Just stop!

We get that none of you shitstains understand how fat people make the secs, but they do.....sometimes a lot. Where this is a will, there is a way. Heck, I was over 400 lbs when I fathered two of my three kids.

Sure, I have better, more enjoyable sex now that I'm back in the 200's but that doesn't mean I couldn't get it done when I was lol fatty.

Good job on losing the weight! And also on having a dick big enough to be able penetrate past a 400lb gut!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Subject line: here are photos of the inside of my house

quote:

Sorry for the bad lighting, most of the lightbulbs are burned out.

I almost never clean, and when I do it's just trash and laundry. Generally I'll only be motivated to clean my house when walking around gets hard, and I'll do as little as possible to make walking around less hard. It's kind of a pattern everywhere, where the gap between thinking "I should do [x]" and actually doing [x] is really long, and the threshold for actually inducing me to act is way bigger than most people's. I don't know what that is but whatever.

I DO have extremely bad ADHD (I filled out some paperwork for my psychiatrist and she said "even the way you filled this out is diagnostic") but this seems like... more than that?

They sent the pictures as attachments; I put them in an Imgur album for you. Enjoy!

quote:

I lost nearly 14 thousand dollars last night thanks for the Falcons blowing the game.

That was my wife and I's entire savings, literally every penny. I thought the Falcons winning was a sure thing and bet it all, convinced I had discovered the secret to financial security.

I haven't told my wife yet but I'm sure she'll find out soon. She probably suspected something when I started vomiting during the 4th quarter and blamed it on some bad nacho cheese.

My only hope right now is somehow it's discovered that the Patriots cheated and the game is forfeited, but I don't think that's very likely and I don't think I'd get the money back anyway considering the slightly shady channels I went through for the bet.

In short, I think Tom Brady just cost me my marriage and possibly much much more.

My new avatar might be considered "in poor taste" in the context of this confession, but let me just say this: you come at the king, you best not miss.

The only time I've ever bet on football was when I happened to be in Las Vegas for the Pats' playoff game against the Texans a few years ago. It's harder than watching a normal playoff football game because they have to cover the spread, meaning that when your team is favored to win by ten points and they're currently only winning by seven points, you're still stressed out. Felt nice when they won, though. :unsmith:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for your wife gambling goon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dear goon who's scared to clean his house:

Honestly, it's not too bad. You could clean up the whole place in just a few hours. Spend some time on the weekend and clean up a little bit.

BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE CLEAN YOUR TOILET BOWL. gently caress, that's disgusting.

To the goon who just ruined his life:

Did you make a bet on the Falcons winning before the game? Or did you make an in-game bet once the Falcons were up big? The second one couldn't have paid out too great, so I fail to see how it was the secret to financial security. What would you have won ~$5,000 profit if they won?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hahahaha "yeah man this team that has never ever won the Superbowl is totally a sure thing, I mean they're facing a team that only won four times, and the most recent was TWO WHOLE YEARS AGO! Let's put it all down, I'm gonna be so loving rich!"

E: I can't decide if putting the money down during the game is even dumber than that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It might have made sense if you were a huge Falcons homer who drank a poo poo-ton of Falcons Kool-Aid (spiked generously with 151), but even the TFF goons who hate the Patriots with the fire of a thousand suns and were rooting against them out of pure spite had eventually reached a consensus on "the Pats will probably win though because HAIL SATAN"

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I don't think the Falcons ruined your life.
I think you yourself ruined your own life.
You have a gambling problem.
Seek help.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

Falconsgoon

Falcons blew a 28-3 lead :D

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

food court bailiff posted:

Hahahaha "yeah man this team that has never ever won the Superbowl is totally a sure thing, I mean they're facing a team that only won four times, and the most recent was TWO WHOLE YEARS AGO! Let's put it all down, I'm gonna be so loving rich!"

E: I can't decide if putting the money down during the game is even dumber than that

Look, if the Seahawks were able to win a Super Bowl then the possibilities are endless.

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Betting away all your cash on a American football game is the only thing worse than actually sitting down and watching American football

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Filthy house goon, you have serious depression which makes you unable to do more than the bare minimum. Make an appointment with a therapist today. Send another anon message reporting back that you have one scheduled. Start making phone calls right now, you can do it!

Football gambler, Tom Brady may be an rear end in a top hat but he didn't do anything to your marriage. You are the only one to blame here. I hope that your wife is understanding and doesn't dump you, but I wouldn't blame her if she did after your poor decision making.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Never bet money you can't afford to lose.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah that house reeks of depression (and old food).

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Chernobyl baby posted:

Betting away all your cash on a American football game is the only thing worse than actually sitting down and watching American football

No, no there's worse.

People gamble on WWE matches.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

Cougar chaser.
My GF is just another nerd with a middle class job but she's 9 years older than me and we met when I was 25. About 10 years in honestly the age thing didn't really come up much. Only thing I can really think of is yeah sometimes she is the older & wiser person so I have to go ok yeah maybe I don't know better. By that point in my life though I had finished growing up (in hindsight obviously) and we were on pretty equal footing. Plus like you it wasn't a serious thing for a while it was both of us getting easy sex and having fun then grudgingly turned into sappy love stuff. Now we have a house and a dog, which years later is loving funny given our attitudes about "ew love."

She's hardly the only older woman I was with for an extended time and it was a lot of the same sex and hanging out without all the drama. Thinking back on it I guess the main difference was I was much younger at that point and getting all serious was something I simply wasn't ready for. Either of the two I had been with before I could have ended up with if I had met them later. So I'd say right place right time makes this sort of thing work.

Screw having kids and if she's like most 40yo women I know she's going to try to kill you via sexual exhaustion so learn Korean and live it up with ms has lots of money.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The Management posted:

Football gambler, Tom Brady may be an rear end in a top hat but he didn't do anything to your marriage. You are the only one to blame here. I hope that your wife is understanding and doesn't dump you, but I wouldn't blame her if she did after your poor decision making.

Really? Why? If that fesh is real the dude is neutron-star dense, and she probably deserves better.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

food court bailiff posted:

Really? Why? If that fesh is real the dude is neutron-star dense, and she probably deserves better.

I don't disagree with this. But I also believe that people deserve forgiveness for mistakes if they are truly sorry and willing to learn from them.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

The Management posted:

I don't disagree with this. But I also believe that people deserve forgiveness for mistakes if they are truly sorry and willing to learn from them.

Same. Sometimes it's worth it to work through things. If it isn't something completely unforgivable. Things actually can and do get better sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I am all for forgiving him regardless, forgiveness is healthy and good, but you can't make a relationship work with someone who goes behind your back, empties your life savings, and gambles it into nothing in one night.

And I mean, what are you expecting him to learn from this? "Gosh, I really shouldn't gamble away all my earthly possessions"? If someone hasn't figured that out by the time they have five figures in savings, they're probably a lost cause.