Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
remember back when we didn't have to debate the appropriateness and balance of calling some motherfucking rear end in a top hat a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
all of a sudden i now understand why mao purged all the intellectuals i'm not saying i endorse and agree with it but you know, i feel for him and i can see how the circumstances can lead one to implement direct action such as that

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

all of a sudden i now understand why mao purged all the intellectuals i'm not saying i endorse and agree with it but you know, i feel for him and i can see how the circumstances can lead one to implement direct action such as that

Your posting is the real little read book.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
maybe you shoudl open up your mind a bit stop being so closed minded and accept other peoples views and opinions and we'll all be a better society

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah there's no way I'm going to listen to and accept the viewpoints of some alt right fucknut. If that makes me a smug academic then olay!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hey look who's donating money to the BC liberals

http://www.bcliberals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2016-Contributions.pdf

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah there's no way I'm going to listen to and accept the viewpoints of some alt right fucknut. If that makes me a smug academic then olay!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

42 mentions of "Real Estate" and another 16 of "Realty" lol

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's a who's who of lovely developers. Bosa so nice they donated thrice.
"2300 Kingsway Residences" is just a single little 8 story condo but gave Christie 200k, obviously though it's part of the whole Wall group
50k from westbank of course, think they could do better.

Glad to not see anything from my David Chard or Chard developments, he's one of the few developers I've worked with who seems like an ok dude.

Wish we could "sort by donation" rather than alphabetical. Would also love a version that's just businesses so I can know who to avoid.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Includes Turning Point Brewery, Sleeman Breweries, Bigridge Brewing, High Mountain Brewing, Pacific Western Brewing, YaleTown Brewing, and Red Truck Beer Co.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Craft brew might be tasty but LMAO at the fact that it really is contributing to the downfall of civilization.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Baronjutter posted:

Wish we could "sort by donation" rather than alphabetical. Would also love a version that's just businesses so I can know who to avoid.

Copy the data into a spreadsheet.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
gently caress red truck I'm never going there ever again

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

infernal machines posted:

Copy the data into a spreadsheet.

Is there a way to do this in "google sheets" ?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste faggots posted:

:same:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Baronjutter posted:

Is there a way to do this in "google sheets" ?

ctrl+A, ctrl+C, ctrl+V presumably, I don't have a google account but unless it's complete poo poo it should pick up the tab delimits between the fields automatically, like Excel does.

E: N/M they didn't format it with tab delimits so you have to mess around with text import a bit

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

infernal machines posted:

ctrl+A, ctrl+C, ctrl+V presumably, I don't have a google account but unless it's complete poo poo it should pick up the tab delimits between the fields automatically, like Excel does.

E: N/M they didn't format it with tab delimits so you have to mess around with text import a bit

Yeah google sheets is poo poo for this, just wants to put everything on in one cell. loving google, wish I still had a copy of excel.

Also gently caress all these numbered companies.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

JawKnee posted:

Red Truck Beer Co.

They hosted a Harper event as well last election tour as I recall.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Someone converted it to CSV format:
https://github.com/xemoka/BCLiberals-2016-Contributions/tree/master/data

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChairMaster posted:

Yea but positivity isn't helpful either, look who it got elected. Negativity can at least make people mad, and actually do something about the circumstances they find themselves in, rather than idly standing by and watching the Conservatives or the conservatives get elected every single time like they always will.

Not that I'm one to talk, I've said tons of times that I'd never really do anything to jeopardize my own freedom or safety in the pursuit of the greater good. Hell, my whole plan is to get out of Canada before the North American refugee crisis starts up proper.

I hope you get your wish sooner rather than later because I can't ever imagine someone so filled with nihilistic bullshit like what you're spewing out in this thread ever changing your surroundings for the better except by leaving them.

Frod99
Feb 16, 2011

Hi everyone! Just an occasional lurker here, but I'd like to ask a little question. In posts like the above all I see is the link but I'm guessing there's an option somewhere to see the content of the tweet instead of just the link. Is that the case or not? (using latest firefox if there's a difference)

Thanks!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Frod99 posted:

Hi everyone! Just an occasional lurker here, but I'd like to ask a little question. In posts like the above all I see is the link but I'm guessing there's an option somewhere to see the content of the tweet instead of just the link. Is that the case or not? (using latest firefox if there's a difference)

Thanks!

It doesn't embed for you? It could be a chrome/firefox thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It auto embeds for me with the latest Firefox. There's no separate option to enable it either, do you have image embeds off or something?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I have an .xlsx of that donation list if anyone wants it.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Frod99 posted:

Thanks!

Do you have Ghostery or some sort of script blocker installed? It should appear automatically so long as the "Twitter Button" tracker is allowed to run.

Frod99
Feb 16, 2011

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated, your answers helped me figure it out! Seeing it worked for others with same browser made me try all the buttons and it turns out that browsing this site with firefox in private mode disables tweet embedding, i get them just fine if not in private mode.

edit: sorry, forgot to say which private mode setting caused tweets not to appear, in options/privacy there's a thing named "Use Tracking Protection in Private Windows" that must be turned off.

Frod99 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 7, 2017

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/scaachi/status/828728279364407296

Oh wow calling on all canpol patriots deploy the nytimes is insulting the honor of your country

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

namaste faggots posted:

canpol patriots: insulting the honor of your country

mods

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

David Corbett posted:

Oh holy gently caress, the adult diaper thing appears to have come back on the Garland trial in the worst possible way. I was desperately hoping it was just pointless character assassination by the Crown, but ...

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/aerial-footage-to-take-centre-stage-at-douglas-garland-triple-murder-trial

Don't know how to embed tweets, so here's a quote:

After seeing this revealed in aerial photography of the suspect's farm, at least one juror was so overcome with emotion that he or she requested and was granted an immediate recess.

Seems like they are trying to make a point about it being immature or perverted behaviour,considering how much they keep going back to it? Unless there is something about a diaper being part of evidence found at a certain scene.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

They hosted a 2015 election fundraiser for Harper too

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

namaste faggots posted:

https://twitter.com/scaachi/status/828728279364407296

Oh wow calling on all canpol patriots deploy the nytimes is insulting the honor of your country

Not sure who cares about some depressed social media bloggers opinion.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Same but according to the last fucknut I talked to apparently our refusal to have an "honest conversation about Islam" is why we get attacks so we should be nicer to them and hear them out as they make the exact same argument people made against Jewish refugees in the 1930s and 40s

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Risky Bisquick posted:

Not sure who cares about some depressed social media bloggers opinion.

All lives matter

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

THC posted:

Same but according to the last fucknut I talked to apparently our refusal to have an "honest conversation about Islam" is why we get attacks so we should be nicer to them and hear them out as they make the exact same argument people made against Jewish refugees in the 1930s and 40s

Wait, what?

So our refusal to talk about bullshit beliefs about Islam is why we get attacked by Islamic extremists? How the gently caress does that logic work.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

namaste faggots posted:

All lives matter

https://twitter.com/Scaachi/status/700328004669435904

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Argas posted:

Wait, what?

So our refusal to talk about bullshit beliefs about Islam is why we get attacked by Islamic extremists? How the gently caress does that logic work.

Filter it through mental illness and you'll get a nutty flavour, that's how.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

To be fair the worst people in the world usually fall in the "White" and "Male" parts of the demographic. See also "Over 40".

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Ascaachi%20white&src=typd

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Argas posted:

Wait, what?

The logic is that if we had an "honest conversation about Islam" we would come to the objective conclusion that it is a violent religion full of violent people and we would kick all of them out of our country and never have a terror attack again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mein Gott!

How will we ever weather such withering racial discrimination, Ikantski?

We must stay strong.