Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Radio Free Walrus posted:

Mainly the map w/ stickers was my big concern. With the character sheets something like lamination + marker would probably be sufficient, but I've had terrible experiences with adhesives recently - I became half adheisve when we were trying to do some ceiling painting.

The character sheets are kind of like Yahtzee pads. You get a bunch of them that you're just supposed to write on as you please, and if you ever run out you can just print them in black and white on plain printer paper.

For the map if you really want to preserve it you could just print out a list of 1-100 (or however many locations there are) with 2 checkboxes next to each number. Check the first when you discover a location and the second when you complete it, and write down next to it whether you've looted any chests in the scenario. Leave some space at the bottom so you can write down prosperity and which global achievements you've unlocked. That would be kind of a lame substitute, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Beffer posted:

I got a delivery note from Aetherworks yesterday and I hope to get it tomorrow. "Working from home" from 3!

I weep, I am so keen for this game. Group is organized and ready to go.

Would be good if people report back on storage and play times

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Sub Terra AKA The Descent: The Game - Co-op survival horror game that's already funded many times over with loads of unlocked stretch goals. Core edition is a decent price, but the leap to the next bracket with expansions is a bit much. Also, shipping isn't great, even if you live in the same city it's being made. :argh:

Two Rooms and a Boom: Necroboomicon - The much beloved 2R&aB's first expansion, and it has Lovecraftian themes! If you own the base game already, this is only $5! If you don't, the combined pledge makes the expansion only $2!

SUPERHOT - The Card Game - Uh, ok? It's already funded, it's small and it's cheap.

Tortuga 1667 - Did I do this one before? Either way, this looks great (fake book box!) and pirates!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The_Doctor posted:

Sub Terra AKA The Descent: The Game - Co-op survival horror game that's already funded many times over with loads of unlocked stretch goals. Core edition is a decent price, but the leap to the next bracket with expansions is a bit much. Also, shipping isn't great, even if you live in the same city it's being made. :argh:

I have kind of mixed feelings on this one. I kind of like the theme, and I really love co-operative games, but I'm not really sold on the mechanics. "Push your luck" just feels like a big red warning flag.

5 pound shipping just about everywhere seems pretty reasonable to me though (as someone not living in the US/EU/Australia).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cinnamon Bear posted:

5 pound shipping just about everywhere seems pretty reasonable to me though (as someone not living in the US/EU/Australia).

I guess I'm just bitter about having to pay £5 shipping when I'm about 5 minutes walk from their office :cheeky:

Zratha
Nov 28, 2004

It's nice to see you
Not quite as exciting as all the Gloomhaven stuff, but my copy of Herbaceous arrived last week and I am very happy with it. The theme is neat and the artwork is really lovely, and the fact that it is only takes about 15-20 minutes makes it a nice low commitment game to play when you don't have the time/energy for something more involved.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Acheson Creations is running a project to expand their line of 28mm dinosaurs, prehistoric animals, and modern animals. Aside from going with their various rules, I've found their animals to be good fodder for conversions, and well priced for their size in resin/metal.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 1, 2017

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Please post non-spoiler pictures of your Gloomhaven sets! I live in Europe so I'll have to wait a while for my copy to arrive.

All the Gloomhaven stuff, everything that's unlocked later is still left in the packaging. Shouldn't have any spoilerish content visible.

Since I don't currently really have a life I'm hoping to make a little project out of painting up all the little dudes. They don't have too much flash, but the way they're fitted into the bases is a little goofy - they did not mate them very well.

Radio Free Walrus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 1, 2017

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Zratha posted:

Not quite as exciting as all the Gloomhaven stuff, but my copy of Herbaceous arrived last week and I am very happy with it. The theme is neat and the artwork is really lovely, and the fact that it is only takes about 15-20 minutes makes it a nice low commitment game to play when you don't have the time/energy for something more involved.

I have been wanting to get this on the table since my copy arrived a few days ago. I backed it because it's a Doctor Finn design -- and it definitely shares an aspect with Scripts and Scribes -- and the card artwork is just beautiful. I also got a copy of Lotus for Christmas, and we've never played Arboretum, so soon we'll have a nice botanical-themed game day.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Zratha posted:

:same: I've been enjoying it with my family.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The_Doctor posted:

Two Rooms and a Boom: Necroboomicon - The much beloved 2R&aB's first expansion, and it has Lovecraftian themes! If you own the base game already, this is only $5! If you don't, the combined pledge makes the expansion only $2!

If you want a little more info on the expansion, here are some roles that have already been revealed:

(1) YOG-SOTHOTH (green): If anyone card shares you win everyone else looses
(2) Seeker (Rainbow): If you see the face of anyone's card and can identify it you win everyone else looses
(3) Illuminati (1/2 the card is Red, 1/2 the card is Blue): If you convince anyone to card share with you, you win everyone else looses
(4) Tentaclese (1 red card, 1 blue card): Once per game go into the other room and pull someone into your room
(5) The Black (one pure black card): If you color share with someone everyone loses, and you win
(6) Paranormalist (1 red card, 1 blue card): if you card share and the person has a card share ability it gets negated and you take the card from them. (they still play as their assigned role but have no card to share)
(7) Necronomicon (Grey): If everyone if your room looses at the end of the game you win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IRE9unfxEY

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game just posted an update; shipping from the printing facility is almost a month ahead of schedule!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Acheson Creations is running a project to expand their line of 28mm dinosaurs, prehistoric animals, and modern animals. Aside from going with their various rules, I've found their animals to be good fodder for conversions, and well priced for their size in resin/metal.

Ooo, thanks! I love these guys. I think they're the only people who produce feathered velociraptors at 28mm. (Jurassic Park-sized, of course; turkey-sized raptors aren't much of a threat.)

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I'm fairly certain that most of you occasionally check my Twitter feed (from the comments I get from time to time), but for those that don't, I wanted to give you a quick update.

I am currently without my work computer -- the fan began failing, so, since it's still under AppleCare, I took it to the closest Apple Store for repair. They've quoted me a turnaround of about a week. So I'm expecting to be able to pick it up this coming weekend -- although they haven't confirmed that yet.

No worries about losing data, though -- FAR WEST (and pretty much everything else for Adamant) is backed up on 2 different external drives and on Dropbox. The only issue is that while it's gone, my hands are tied regarding finishing layout. (I'm hammering this update out on an old laptop, which doesn't run my Adobe cloud stuff).

Once I'm back up and running, I won't make you wait much longer. Thank you for your patience, and the words of encouragement that you've sent.

--Gareth

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Looks like if you are in the US and ordered Gloomhaven after March 7 2016, you are not only getting the retail version, but Amazon is sitting on your box until the official retail release date of March 1st. I ordered in September so mine is one of the ones delayed.

I think the only difference in kickstarter vs retailer are standees vs miniatures for player characters? I seem to think KS version has both while retailer just has the minis, but I could be wrong.

edit: I reread my email, he submitted a ticket to amazon to see if they can release the preorders that were placed through Cephalofair sooner.

Eh double edit:

Isaac Childres posted:

Hello!

Really sorry for the second email here. Seems I caused some confusion in my last message, so I apologize for that as well! Again, talking to US backers here.

I am NOT saying that you won't receive your copies until March. That is not acceptable to me either. I'm saying that Amazon wants to wait until March, but that is a mistake, and I am fixing it. I am just telling you that you won't be getting your game in the next couple days like everyone else in the US. It will probably be next week instead because of this issue.

Also there appears to be some confusion about the retail version versus the Kickstarter version. That's fine. If you weren't aware, the retail version includes all stretch goals and everything else the Kickstarter version with miniatures has, except for a small thank-you note to Kickstarter backers. That's the only thing you don't get, and it has no effect on game play.

Isaac

bagrada fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 1, 2017

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

head58 posted:

I'm fairly certain that most of you occasionally check my Twitter feed (from the comments I get from time to time), but for those that don't, I wanted to give you a quick update.

I am currently without my work computer -- the fan began failing, so, since it's still under AppleCare, I took it to the closest Apple Store for repair. They've quoted me a turnaround of about a week. So I'm expecting to be able to pick it up this coming weekend -- although they haven't confirmed that yet.

No worries about losing data, though -- FAR WEST (and pretty much everything else for Adamant) is backed up on 2 different external drives and on Dropbox. The only issue is that while it's gone, my hands are tied regarding finishing layout. (I'm hammering this update out on an old laptop, which doesn't run my Adobe cloud stuff).

Once I'm back up and running, I won't make you wait much longer. Thank you for your patience, and the words of encouragement that you've sent.

--Gareth

Next up, how Gareth's dog ate Chapter 9, so it'll be "at least another week" til its totally ready to ship, ya'll.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

head58 posted:

--Gareth

:laffo: at the "I won't make you wait much longer." Who else here thinks Far West isn't coming in 2017?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
It's possible, but probably not until Spring.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like Mint Works should be here sometime by the end of this month. Which is pretty good since their estimation was May.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How did the Conan Game turn out? My LGS has a copy and the final box did look pretty quality.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Shut up and sit down did a great review of it here, but in summary, it is really fun, with some amazing systems, but the missions are a bit repetitive and there isn't much of a story to what you're doing, which kind of sucks for the long term play.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
It's fun as heck, but the campaign book and extra missions are all coming in, I believe, March. That'll add a narrative campaign. The expansions will also have more maps and missions too.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Only played one scenario so far but preliminary findings are that Gloomhaven is extremely rad and an excellent investment of the $64 I paid on KS. (Probably worth the $120 MSRP, for that matter.)

Storage is going to be an issue, though. Everything does (barely) fit in the box even once punched out, but there are a LOT of cards, a LOT of separate types of monster standee, a LOT of different tokens and overlays and map tiles, and while there's an insert that more or less handles the cards, that still leaves potentially dozens of baggies floating around up top.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig posted:

:laffo: at the "I won't make you wait much longer." Who else here thinks Far West isn't coming in 2017?

2020 perhaps?

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Rising Sun will be on Kickstarter March 7.

quote:

We’re thrilled to announce the date of CMON’s next exciting Kickstarter project! Rising Sun reunites the creative team behind Blood Rage, and you’ll get a chance to back it starting on March 7 at 3 PM EST!

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Edit: Nevermind, this is a failed post.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How did the Conan Game turn out? My LGS has a copy and the final box did look pretty quality.

Just to add, PDFs of the core book for the Conan RPG by Modiphius just got sent to backers. The RPG is going to have a supplement that permits crossover with the board game, so some kind of hybrid game should be possible once everything's done. I'm looking forward to the possibility of a full-blown RPG campaign that shifts to the board game to resolve important battles (but doesn't force you to use minis and spend an hour for every encounter).

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

head58 posted:

--Gareth

Coming soon: They said it would be fixed in a week, but it's been 3 and they are still making up excuses as to the delay. How unprofessional.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

the rulebook was poorly translated, so theres a bunch of rules weirdness. it was bad enough that they issued an apology and promised to send a revised book to every backer. the scenarios are designed with certain heros in mind, and they break if you try to substitute others, though i doubt this would be a problem if you werent a kickstarter backer. the minis are certainly nice enough

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Holy crap the Dungeon World kickstarter finally released Juntu's Floating Ice Hell to backers! :supaburn:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy crap the Dungeon World kickstarter finally released Juntu's Floating Ice Hell to backers! :supaburn:

Seriously, how long overdue?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Covok posted:

In units of Far West, please.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Covok posted:

The original kickstarter ended in 2012.

Before someone asks, Far West ended in 2011.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

LongDarkNight posted:

In units of Far West, please.

Far West as a unit would be nearly useless, unless you're used to everything being decimals, especially since it's not a stable unit.

Or it's infinite.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
In theory, at least according to its writer, its constantly at "almost done, only THIS little tidbit is missing!" wich we can translate to 0.99.
Therefore the timespan since the end of the Kickstarter campaign amounts to 0.99 FAR WESTs. This means that we have a recognizable, if somewhat unstable length of time with which we can measure other Kickstarters. Of course, anything that goes beyond 0.1 is bad, anything that actually released is unusable since it exceeds the scale due to being never =1 (Since the max amount of FAR WEST that can exist is 0.99) etc....

But its not useless ;)
Silly perhaps.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the idea of "Far Wests" being a measurement based off of the RPG equivalent of Zeno's arrow paradox.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of:

GMS posted:

Good news: Mac is back. Fan replaced. Zero-cost repair.

Bad news: My cold is now full-blown Ebola Monkey Pox.

Gaaaah.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Mr.Misfit posted:

In theory, at least according to its writer, its constantly at "almost done, only THIS little tidbit is missing!" wich we can translate to 0.99.
Therefore the timespan since the end of the Kickstarter campaign amounts to 0.99 FAR WESTs. This means that we have a recognizable, if somewhat unstable length of time with which we can measure other Kickstarters. Of course, anything that goes beyond 0.1 is bad, anything that actually released is unusable since it exceeds the scale due to being never =1 (Since the max amount of FAR WEST that can exist is 0.99) etc....

But its not useless ;)
Silly perhaps.

The most thought anyone's put into Far West in at least 2 years. Probably longer.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Have you ever noticed how often Kickstarter people claim to get bedridden? It's super unlikely that if you picked a 3 year period of someone's life at random it would contain a period where they would get incredibly ill to the point that they couldn't function for weeks on end and yet it constantly happens to KS people. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Speaking of:

Good news: Mac is back. Fan replaced. Zero-cost repair.

Bad news: My cold is now full-blown Ebola Monkey Pox.

Gaaaah.
Oh wow, it's just so weird how all of these things get staggered so steadily, isn't it? Any bets on what's next after his cold goes away?

Is anyone giving him grief about sending out the plaintext again? (There is no plaintext, so it will not be sent out.)