Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

we're all going to die.

dayum finally an optimist in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Brown Menace posted:

someone made an effortpost about it but basically the tl; dr is that iraq was a flatlands make-believe country with mondo ethnic/religious faultlines which broke it the instant someone knocked, none of which applies to iran

that's kind of a ridiculously superficial way of lookin at it tho because the way the us fights wars is to first dominate the air, then shatter the ground forces from the air, then move in and mop up

a desert versus mountains just shortens how long step 2 takes

(ignoring wmds of course!!!!!)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Clinton First Post-Inauguration Video Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvdp9jiUA9I

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jose posted:

lol america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4difPEQ8wA4

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Trash Trick posted:

lol just lol if you dont have a primed grenade tucked deep within your rear end at all times

Ah, the ol' dead mans butt. Classic.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

mastershakeman posted:

why dont all you people with young kids make sure they're blonde and blue eyed like my son . he's gonna be king of the world

crimson tide master race :D

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

suburban virgin posted:

Much bigger population, much bigger geographically, entirely made of lovely hills and mountains, longer coastline (so you can't lock it down so easy, allows them more opportunities to launch missiles at your dumb boats trapped in the loving gulf), no allied nations to launch from aside from Iraq (lol) , Turkey (gently caress u) or Pakistan (lmao), population are ethnically and religiously unified and contains a shitload of actual religious zealots instead of Iraq's cowardly technocrats, Russia can quietly supply them forever and laugh as your bodies pile up, there would be traffic jams of people trying to drive carbombs into your poor schmuck marines etc etc. All of this assuming they don't actually have stockpiles of NBC weapons which they actually might.

It's not a good idea.

Just on the gulf, this is worth bringing up:
https://pando.com/2014/05/26/the-war-nerd-iran-is-building-a-fake-aircraft-carrier-how-can-you-tell/

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I heard Betsy Ross is our new Sec of Education well I think that's very patriotic and American

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Ah, the ol' dead mans butt. Classic.

fart noises.....boom!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Trash Trick posted:

lol just lol if you dont have a primed grenade tucked deep within your rear end at all times

only metaphorically b/c of IBS

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Montasque posted:

Clinton First Post-Inauguration Video Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvdp9jiUA9I

this is playing on tv as a nuke drops in the background

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
bomb iran

bomb bomb iran

bomb iran

bomb bomb iran

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/JeffSharlet/status/801570839284088832

quote:

I also think about their inner lives. They are working in the adult world, surrounded by cool bustling things and new technology. They are on the streets, in the factories, in the mines, with adults and with peers, learning and doing. They are being valued for what they do, which is to say being valued as people. They are earning money.

Whatever else you want to say about this, it’s an exciting life. You can talk about the dangers of coal mining or selling newspapers on the street. But let’s not pretend that danger is something that every young teen wants to avoid. If you doubt it, head over the stadium for the middle school football game in your local community, or have a look at the wrestling or gymnastic team’s antics at the gym.

http://blog.acton.org/archives/89837-bring-back-child-labor-work-is-a-gift-our-kids-can-handle.html

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Our Secretary of Education believes that internet-based religious homeschooling is effective, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. I guess there's no risk of Grizzly Bears there?

e:^Holy poo poo. My grandpa worked in a coal mine from the age of 12. "Exciting" is not what he called it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That guy really fuckin' hates carriers

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Atoramos posted:

So what happens now? I'm going to assume there's no fix coming for the ballooning of costs in upper education, and we'll likely see public schools take a hit from some dumbfuck move like a voucher system. Meanwhile, automation is growing and the need for labor is slowly dying. If the populous was self-aware, we'd see a call for available higher education. I don't expect that's actually going to happen now. Technology could assist with this somewhat, with more classes being available free online (I've already worked with a number of programmers through the years that had degrees in other things, but learned the skill on their own). But that's a bandaid because it's ludicrous to suggest everyone could pull themselves up by their bootstraps and learn a skill online.

I don't think we'll end up with a massive underclass of uneducated trump stooges, but I also don't believe we'll solve the problem ourselves through technology and community. Given the chance, there's a good number of families who just wouldn't educate their children. I guess the hope is The Fall™ is fast and ruthless rather than slow and miserable.

we say "gently caress you got mine". :smith:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/829044795544915970

Really just goes to show our whole nation is fundamentally flawed when a vast majority of people are left-leaning but our statehood system, originally designed to help Rhode Island, helps out the minority party instead.

California has more people than the 20 least-populated states combined, in the Senate they have 20x the voting power of California. That's a fundamentally really big problem that cannot be fixed at all.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

haha jesus christ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I just twitched involuntary irl

like, not as a comedy bit

for reals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mormonpartyboat posted:

that's kind of a ridiculously superficial way of lookin at it tho because the way the us fights wars is to first dominate the air, then shatter the ground forces from the air, then move in and mop up

yes americas long rich history of winning wars lol

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

OhFunny posted:

Reposting Schizotek's effort post:

Guess this means we're invading iran

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
WELL I MEAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THE TRIANGLE SHIRTWAIST FACTORY FIRE, BUT YOU CANT DENY IT WAS EXCITING

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

how loving poisonous of a person do you have to be to look at children playing and go "Surely they want to be mining coal in a dark hole"

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Pollyanna posted:

i want like, loving wings. or ramen.

i had some leftover stuff from a catered practice group meeting but for any of my Kentucky peeps, there is a freaking amazing place for ramen in Lexington (not ramen-ya, which sucks) and all sorts of traditional Japanese food in a building (no poo poo) designed by Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture firm

i eat there at least once a week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/829044795544915970

Really just goes to show our whole nation is fundamentally flawed when a vast majority of people are left-leaning but our statehood system, originally designed to help Rhode Island, helps out the minority party instead.

California has more people than the 20 least-populated states combined, in the Senate they have 20x the voting power of California. That's a fundamentally really big problem that cannot be fixed at all.

We must have a Constitution 2

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
What's so bad about aircraft carriers?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

how loving poisonous of a person do you have to be to look at children playing and go "Surely they want to be mining coal in a dark hole"

you gotta be taking in some serious dough from coal mining companies, really

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

paranoid randroid posted:

WELL I MEAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT THE TRIANGLE SHIRTWAIST FACTORY FIRE, BUT YOU CANT DENY IT WAS EXCITING

it was lit as gently caress 🔥🔥😂🔥🔥

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Americans have a lot more in common with the average Iranian than any other country in the Middle East.
Well armed, large population of religious zealous, possibly being led by a madman with delusions of omnipotence and/or apocalypse... Checks out.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Everything about Betsy DeVos is rear end but personally I'm gonna be really mad when they gut Common Core math, which is seriously a huge step forward in how we teach math in America.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Zokari posted:

they should pass a law forcing these people to wear helmets for their own safety

My cousin was one of those. Hahaha, she always complains about charter schools, claims huge saving can be made to save tax payers at public, always complains about how little she gets paid, 1000000% for trump. She's gonna get owned so hard. Too bad her kids are too

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

mormonpartyboat posted:

How is Afghanistan going for you? What are we, fifteen years in? All those fast jets must have bombed all the Taliban by now!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PnuXelvWA&t=63s

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

comingafteryouall posted:

you gotta be taking in some serious dough from coal mining companies, really

except coal mines don't have jobs to give people so its kind of weird

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mormonpartyboat posted:

I'd hunt down the longpost if I could but the mountains were mentioned as a sweet place for insurgents and the fact that dominating the air in Iraq was meaningless since they had no air force or air defense means we're going to find out what it's like to lose some pilots.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seriously, is there any reason to think America isn't a lost cause at this point? The country's doomed, it had a good run.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

Everything about Betsy DeVos is rear end but personally I'm gonna be really mad when they gut Common Core math, which is seriously a huge step forward in how we teach math in America.

educational standards are basically set at the state level. if your state wants to keep common core, they will.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

univbee posted:

Seriously, is there any reason to think America isn't a lost cause at this point? The country's doomed, it had a good run.

yeah, rip

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

SKULL.GIF posted:

have we talked about boomers yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

We must have a Constitution 2

Pepsi presents The Drafting of Constitution 2

• Locked thread