Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Just another way that Yoel Romero has cheated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trast posted:

Corn to the core.

Oh my!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
commision interpreted "how taste my peepee" as some kind of new illegal move

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What about that other judoka who trained with Rousey or something. I remember her being bigger than Ronda and seemingly badass, maybe was training MMA. Younger too I think? Saw an interview with her but i can't remember the details.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

What if a fighter loudly announces they are making GBS threads on purpose?

Chris Weidman begins his march back to the top.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tsyni posted:

What about that other judoka who trained with Rousey or something. I remember her being bigger than Ronda and seemingly badass, maybe was training MMA. Younger too I think? Saw an interview with her but i can't remember the details.

You talking about Kayla Harrison? She's years away from being good and also she's big.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Tsyni posted:

Marina Shafir is a "Horsewoman" that did judo with Ronda growing up. She is bad at fighting, currently with a 1-2 record

Kayla Harrison is signed to WSOF, but hasn't fought yet

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

You talking about Kayla Harrison? She's years away from being good and also she's big.

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. Just in terms of future 145 fighters, though yeah, she is pretty big. Dunno if that's a bridge too far for her to make 145.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

LobsterMobster posted:

Marina Shafir is a "Horsewoman" that did judo with Ronda growing up. She is bad at fighting, currently with a 1-2 record
In hindsight, all the Horsewomen were bad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

Kayla Harrison is signed to WSOF, but hasn't fought yet

Marina is pregnant as hell.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

Marina is pregnant as hell.

I just discovered she's with Roddy Strong, which is the equivalent of a string of brutal knockout losses

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I think ufc 208 might do under 150k buys

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's a real Who Cares of a main event, but they're pushing Anderson pretty hard and I imagine he's still worth something in spite of the last several years.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I was thinking Anderson Silva might save it, but idk

ronda rousey holly holm ufc - Explore - Google Trends
https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=Holly%20holm,%2Fm%2F0bh7hgd,Anderson%20silva

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Four of the five fights on the ppv are actually pretty good. Andy is Andy, Cannonier vs Teixeira is about as good as you're gonna get in a LHW contender matchup, Jacare vs Boetsch is at least intriguing and Dustin vs Jim Miller us an objectively sick fight. Can't bring myself to get excited about #10 vs 2 fight losing streak main event though.

Vvvv--oh yeah the numbers on this card are gonna blow. just saying the card not as dire as it seems, just completely devoid of star power.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 7, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gay Horney posted:

Four of the five fights on the ppv are actually pretty sick. Andy is Andy, Cannonier vs Teixeira is about as good as you're gonna get in a LHW contender matchup, Jacare vs Boetsch is at least intriguing and Dustin vs Jim Miller us an objectively sick fight. Can't bring myself to get excited about #10 vs 2 fight losing streak main event though.

Conversely, I completely agree with your assessment, but that doesn't necessarily translate to ppv buys so I kind of get what Lord Waffle Beard is insinuating.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Main event sucks
Silva is cool, but this is only interesting to see what he has left
Jacare boetsch - stomp match
Glover cannon - stomp match
Miller Poirier- fun fight but nothing really at stake here

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Main event sucks
Silva is cool, but this is only interesting to see what he has left
Jacare boetsch - stomp match
Glover cannon - stomp match
Miller Poirier- fun fight but nothing really at stake here

Yeah pretty much

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Might be useful information for WME. If it does, say 100k buys, then they will know that is the amount of buys they can expect from ANY UFC PPV with a title in the main event. Going forward, they can then tell their stars that the first 100k doesn't count for anything, and they get PPV bonuses based on how well they can beat that number.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

But cyborg showed us losing mass is impossible.

for her its impossible because she needs it to win fights with :-]

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bluedeanie posted:

Conversely, I completely agree with your assessment, but that doesn't necessarily translate to ppv buys so I kind of get what Lord Waffle Beard is insinuating.

Yeah. A lot of those guys are dudes we know are exciting but who haven't really "broken through" as household names or whatever. Glover, for example, is well liked here but I would bet the average fan only knows that Jon Jones beat him up.

Maybe Holm has some cachet from beating up Ronda, but it's hard to sell a PPV where the headline is a title fight between also-rans from another division.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

Aside from that, the other changes involve rules for how to wrap hands, and they want to clarify that if you lose control of a bodily function, you will lose by TKO.

thats funny but pretty ruthless .. sometimes lactic build up can cause u to puke. its harmless, it just means u dug deep.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

thats funny but pretty ruthless .. sometimes lactic build up can cause u to puke. its harmless, it just means u dug deep.

its not harmless. i have acid vomit

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

Maybe it's to save guys like Tuchscherer from themselves? He probably shouldn't have been allowed to continue after getting ballshotted so hard he puked.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

I.N.R.I posted:

One time I drank a whole powerade right before muay thai and I threw it all up and had to mop up the bathroom. That's my story.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

its not harmless. i have acid vomit

Using your attributes effectively is a big part of fighting

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dangersim posted:

One time I drank a whole powerade right before muay thai and I threw it all up and had to mop up the bathroom. That's my story.

I once dry heaved and sorta puked in front of a children's Jiu Jitsu class. It was in the way of the bathroom.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
maybe make a distinction between mid round vomiting/making GBS threads your pants and between round vomiting/making GBS threads your pants

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I once dry heaved and sorta puked in front of a children's Jiu Jitsu class. It was in the way of the bathroom.

BJJ never made me actually puke but one time I went like partially blind for 15 minutes. Like you know when you stand up too fast and the blood rushes out of your head and everything fades for a couple seconds? It was like that but for 15 minutes, I literally thought I was going to die.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

BJJ never made me actuallyour puke bit one time I went like partially blind for 15 minutes. Like you know when you stand up too fast and the blood rushes out of your head and everything fades for a couple seconds? It was like that but for 15 minutes, I literally thought I was going to die.

blood pressure? that's scary

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

blood pressure? that's scary

Yeah I guess so. I went extra hard that day and I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Note that I used to smoke cigarettes so that might have had something to do with it.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcmPvf9RJlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosX7L25HV8

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Rockhold caught Boetsch in an inverted triangle kimura, Phil Davis tapped him with a submission that he invented during the fight, and then Boetsch nearly put Thales Leites to sleep with a uppercut only to have Leites come back seconds later and put him to sleep with an arm triangle. I wonder what kind of freaky situation he's going to be in when Jacare taps him.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It should be 100% legal to poo poo or puke in MMA.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Bing, like a rocketship, in the wrong direction

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

It should be 100% legal to poo poo or puke in MMA.

still its nice of them to formally acknowledge that making your opponent cum is a legitimate path to victory

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rigel posted:

Might be useful information for WME. If it does, say 100k buys, then they will know that is the amount of buys they can expect from ANY UFC PPV with a title in the main event. Going forward, they can then tell their stars that the first 100k doesn't count for anything, and they get PPV bonuses based on how well they can beat that number.

Pretty sure PPV points work on a sliding scale of buys already.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
While it's well known to fighters & superfans that the unified rules grew out of the apartment sexfight circuit, I guess it doesn't hurt to formalize things a little. WIll be nice when MMA gets a hall of fame & people can learn the history.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dangersim posted:

BJJ never made me actually puke but one time I went like partially blind for 15 minutes. Like you know when you stand up too fast and the blood rushes out of your head and everything fades for a couple seconds? It was like that but for 15 minutes, I literally thought I was going to die.

As an experienced sick person for the last few years - holy gently caress why didn't you go to the ER? When your vision goes screwball, something probably needs tending to by the doctor.

Also my puking incident was triggered by the "MMA Class" I was in from 2008 to 2009ish. It was ran super Chute Box-ey, with coaches who pushed everyone waaaaay to far thinking it would toughen them up. I remember at the time it was the whole, "Train like you fight!" Mantra held by all gyms but that's thankfully calmed down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

I.N.R.I posted:

still its nice of them to formally acknowledge that making your opponent cum is a legitimate path to victory

ultimate surrender is no longer real mma and that should bother everyone here

• Locked thread