Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

comingafteryouall posted:

just lol if you haven't been backing up every post in the thread and programming a super computer to create a simulation in case the internet collapses.

probably already happened which is why I get deja vú 10times a day while reading the forums

other people are probably simulating encounters with Ellen Page and Kristen Stewart, but future-me just wants to :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

educational standards are basically set at the state level. if your state wants to keep common core, they will.

This is always my response whenever some right winger in a red state bitches about Obama and common core

like, look buddy, your Republican governor is the one who adopted and is keeping it, don't bitch at me or Obama

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pepsi presents The Drafting of Constitution 2

"CONSTITUTION 2" the reality TV show would be so exceptionally my poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
what kid wouldnt rather be working as a chimney sweep than sitting in some boring old school? not little Jimmy here, right? haha you go get 'em, slugger.

oh dear it appears that Jimmy has asphyxiated upside-down in a flue.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

univbee posted:

Seriously, is there any reason to think America isn't a lost cause at this point? The country's doomed, it had a good run.

Honestly? Just like the banks we may be Too Big To Fail except it's the entire world who's gonna need to prop us up. Because if we do fail, everyone knows we take everything with us.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

educational standards are basically set at the state level. if your state wants to keep common core, they will.
so pretty much everything from trump's administration will practically be avoided by the states that had voters that didn't vote for him

i can't even feel schadenfreude anymore, this is reality

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

univbee posted:

Seriously, is there any reason to think America isn't a lost cause at this point? The country's doomed, it had a good run.

the protests have been bigger than expected and have had an effect because, thankfully, the guy in charge is a huge narcissist.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

probably already happened which is why I get deja vú 10times a day while reading the forums

other people are probably simulating encounters with Ellen Page and Kristen Stewart, but future-me just wants to :justpost:
:911:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

Yeah and all the dumb hick legislatures are gonna throw it out the window because concepts like "using the basic rules of arithmetic makes calculations easier" or "order matters when you're dealing with more than one dimension" is too much their peanut brains to handle. I loving hate Republicans goddamnit

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

When the kids of America run in feral packs across the apocalyptic wastelands it's not going to matter whether or not they learned their times tables

Trump has a quote basically stating this, posted in the last thread. Is it goldmined?

Also why is Arpaio in the Sheriff thing, he's been fired and facing the barrel of at least one federal investigation.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
fuckin lol at the series of idiots going "aha but unsuccessfully fighting an insurgency using strategies designed to beat a formal military mean those strategies can't work on a formal military!!!!!"

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'd hunt down the longpost if I could but the mountains were mentioned as a sweet place for insurgents and the fact that dominating the air in Iraq was meaningless since they had no air force or air defense means we're going to find out what it's like to lose some pilots.

desert storm is the one to look at, not operation eagle boner freedom

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

paranoid randroid posted:

given how many of trumps boosters are "western civilization" fanboys youd think a few of them would look at history and realize that a shift towards exclusion of the Goths, away from traditional methods of integration, was one of the immediate causes of the Roman collapse

but of course their texts are all like The Politically Uncucked Guide to Superior Roman Civilization, by Sulla the Trigglypuff Slayer, so they probably blame the feminizing influence of christianity

Or to use the more modern example of Nazi Germany.

Where the purge of academia resulted in a brain drain pre-war. How the Holocaust diverted critical men and material from the war effort. Misogynistic policies kept women out of the workforce even as the war caused labor shortages.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah and all the dumb hick legislatures are gonna throw it out the window because concepts like "using the basic rules of arithmetic makes calculations easier" or "order matters when you're dealing with more than one dimension" fries their peanut brains. I loving hate Republicans goddamnit

they haven't done it in a lot of states so far.

The thing to be worried about with DeVos isn't necessarily K-12; its higher ed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mormonpartyboat posted:

fuckin lol at the series of idiots going "aha but unsuccessfully fighting an insurgency using strategies designed to beat a formal military mean those strategies can't work on a formal military!!!!!"

look at americas success rate in wars you loving idiot lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Republican hick legislatures could have thrown out common core like years ago, there's nothing stopping them. If they have it they're probably keeping it barring political sea changes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

fuckin potus using "the haters" earnestly and with great disdain. lol

i remember a day when the word "hater" was cool and relatively unknown slang that was mostly used by cool rapper mans and such

and now our president, Donald Trump, says it in his daily internet rants

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

univbee posted:

quoting a good and true post

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

CONSTI2TION

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vietnam was a one off! A one off!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

so pretty much everything from trump's administration will practically be avoided by the states that had voters that didn't vote for him

i can't even feel schadenfreude anymore, this is reality

Everything we hated about the midwest during Obama is what we will eagerly be cheering California and the NE on for. :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

the protests have been bigger than expected and have had an effect because, thankfully, the guy in charge is a huge narcissist.

True, although he's wrecking poo poo at a breakneck pace and in a way that's not recoverable. Trump seething with rage is a nice mental image but doesn't seem to be slowing him down any.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Everything we hated about the midwest during Obama is what we will eagerly be cheering California and the NE on for. :v:

The difference is the midwest needs a Sherman to clean it up.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

DeVos does have the chance to be an absolute disaster re: disabilities and IEPS and such, but that's such a minefield I'm not sure even the republicans are dumb enough to wade into it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

list of wars america can definitively state it won: the war for independence hundreds of years ago

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
Busiest day in awhile. Just a reminder that I'm collecting all the links and posting them here:

http://www.dailytrumpening.com/

if you fall behind or want a recap

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

list of wars america can definitively state it won: the war for independence hundreds of years ago

Gulf war I

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

what kid wouldnt rather be working as a chimney sweep than sitting in some boring old school? not little Jimmy here, right? haha you go get 'em, slugger.

oh dear it appears that Jimmy has asphyxiated upside-down in a flue.

uuughhhh

i spent all morning on that and he went and clogged himself, how rude

just send in little Timmy to pull him out already

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/829055047258558466

https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/829055295007645696

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OhFunny posted:

Reposting Schizotek's effort post:

yo link this post i want to quote it elsewhere

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Donald Trump gets really strong when he's mad and likes cake a lot.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

OhFunny posted:

Reposting Schizotek's effort post:

Quoting so I can finish reading it later. :thumbsup:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

DeVos does have the chance to be an absolute disaster re: disabilities and IEPS and such, but that's such a mindfield I'm not sure even the republicans are dumb enough to wade into it.

I don't know much about IDEA but at the uni level I got accommodations through the ADA so that's probably about as safe as it gets.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont think the argument is so much that irans army is gonna stomp the us army but that any attempt at an occupation will make iraq and afghanistan look like the tutorial level

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

egoslicer posted:

Busiest day in awhile. Just a reminder that I'm collecting all the links and posting them here:

http://www.dailytrumpening.com/

if you fall behind or want a recap

daily reminder that you're doing a great loving job, dude

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Philip Rivers posted:

I don't know much about IDEA but at the uni level I got accommodations through the ADA so that's probably about as safe as it gets.

yeah, its probably all ADA.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/829044795544915970

Really just goes to show our whole nation is fundamentally flawed when a vast majority of people are left-leaning but our statehood system, originally designed to help Rhode Island, helps out the minority party instead.

California has more people than the 20 least-populated states combined, in the Senate they have 20x the voting power of California. That's a fundamentally really big problem that cannot be fixed at all.

Our Entire Country is Gerrymandered

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

univbee posted:

True, although he's wrecking poo poo at a breakneck pace and in a way that's not recoverable. Trump seething with rage is a nice mental image but doesn't seem to be slowing him down any.

thats his handlers, not him

and exposing trump to be a weak willed pissbaby damages his strongman appeal

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

univbee posted:

his latest and greatest EO is going to get kicked around the courts for a while, and the bannon puppet reveals have slowed things down quite a bit from the inside, and might just succeed in changing some of the advisors. remember trump had 3 separate campaign staffs as the power plays kept shifting around.

i think you honestly have to give the general public credit for saying gently caress no to a lot of this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The solution to assymetric warfare is genocide, I don't know why ya'll think it cannot be done, if not seriously discussed by this White House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Rah! posted:

i remember a day when the word "hater" was cool and relatively unknown slang that was mostly used by cool rapper mans and such

and now our president, Donald Trump, says it in his daily internet rants

God calls out his "haters" in the Bible

• Locked thread