Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Most of these "embarassing" picks are pretty tame, honestly. I mean, I went through a Combichrist phase, and that's not even the worst of it.

When my copy of 12 Reasons to Die (good album) album ends, Aqua's Aquarium begins. Miami Connection after that but that's not embarrassing just cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i dont have any dumb picks im embarrased of bc my teenage years were spent listening to lovely pop punk and so were my twenties suck a dick haters

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont have any dumb picks im embarrased of bc my teenage years were spent listening to lovely pop punk and so were my twenties suck a dick haters

:respek:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Most of these "embarassing" picks are pretty tame, honestly. I mean, I went through a Combichrist phase, and that's not even the worst of it.

I have a weird soft spot for Combichrist honestly, though I feel like, similarly to Marduk and other artists that use lots of Nazi imagery, it'd be really uncomfortable to listen to in 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Coheed and Cambria sucks and so does my lovely ex who loved that and Say Anything, which is somehow worse.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My teenage years were full of NuMetal and worse. I can't say I have good taste now but at least I'm passed that.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

glam rock hamhock posted:

My teenage years were full of NuMetal and worse. I can't say I have good taste now but at least I'm passed that.

My Disturbed/Godsmack phase is among my most embarrassing. That and liking Smash Mouth and Sugar Ray in jr high.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Back in Middle School when I was going through an emo phase I listened to The Rasmus a lot, they're real fuckin bad. That was also a Disturbed phase, and then I got into a bunch of power metal like Kamelot, also really bad.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spatulater bro! posted:

My Disturbed/Godsmack phase is among my most embarrassing. That and liking Smash Mouth and Sugar Ray in jr high.

Disturbed is pretty much fine, honestly. The Sickness has aged like absolute dogshit but most of their other stuff is middling to decent.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Coheed and Cambria sucks and so does my lovely ex who loved that and Say Anything, which is somehow worse.

I'll still go to bat for Say Anything - ...is a real boy but all their other albums are trash.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Disturbed are a bizarrely good live band.

The best/worst relic I have from my NuMetal phase is a signed copy of Three Dollar Bill Y'all

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I will sing along with any Linkin Park song that comes on the radio.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Death By The Blues posted:

As I kid was I really excited for Snow Day, but it wound up being so disappointing.

Holy poo poo this was also my first thought. I'm amazed anyone else remembers that movie.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Actually my most embarrassing musical phase was late high school through early college where I was one of those obsessed Tool fans who didn't think that I was one of THOSE obsessed tool fans. The fact that I would write out their lyrics in order to commit them to memory should have clued me in.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have a weird soft spot for Combichrist honestly, though I feel like, similarly to Marduk and other artists that use lots of Nazi imagery, it'd be really uncomfortable to listen to in 2017

2017: The Year of No Motörhead or Joy Division

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Too many people on my Facebook have posted that Disturbed version of "Sound of Silence" and I can't tell whether or not they're being ironic.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

LesterGroans posted:

Too many people on my Facebook have posted that Disturbed version of "Sound of Silence" and I can't tell whether or not they're being ironic.

They're not, and I can't loving believe it. That song is ten different types of dogshit.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah they're probably not. People are eating that poo poo up and I just don't get it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

GonSmithe posted:

They're not, and I can't loving believe it. That song is ten different types of dogshit.

One of the rock sites I check sometimes (loudwire) declared it the best rock song of 2016 and while I don't have the deep hatred some seem to have for it, still :psyduck:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Is a Real Boy is a dope album somehow but the rest is real bad

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

2017: The Year of No Motörhead or Joy Division

there's a bit of a gulf between Motorhead and Joy Division and... this: (:nws: tagging just to be safe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6MPuKXXa1k

Slayer, though, yeah you'd have a point there (especially since they're against punching IRL Nazis)

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 7, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Holy poo poo this was also my first thought. I'm amazed anyone else remembers that movie.

That movie owns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A movie that was originally written as a feature length Pete and Pete set in Syracuse has to be good, sorry

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
When I was a kid I was obsessed with these larger then life scenarios kind of happening and these "Nashville/Shortcut" small stories happening to different people throughout the day really appealed to me.

Also, explained why I liked Gordon Korman books so much, (the Macdonald Hall books)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Disturbed are a bizarrely good live band.

The best/worst relic I have from my NuMetal phase is a signed copy of Three Dollar Bill Y'all

I heard the lead singer is a huge loving prick who's a terrible tipper at the bar.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

OG punk had a lot of ironic Nazi imagery.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I couldn't possibly tell you if Snow Day is good or not today, but I distinctly remember it being the first movie I walked out of thinking it wasn't good.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Just remembered younger me really liked Smile Empty Soul. What the gently caress was I thinking.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

OG punk had a lot of ironic Nazi imagery.

Those were actual Nazis who got beaten to poo poo

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

In case anyone missed it, the new Chapo Trap House guest stars Tim Heidecker, who imo does the best Alex Jones impression yet.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

In case anyone missed it, the new Chapo Trap House guest stars Tim Heidecker, who imo does the best Alex Jones impression yet.

For a second I thought they cut in another clip from the Joe Rogan podcast.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

For a second I thought they cut in another clip from the Joe Rogan podcast.

Same here, it's pretty uncanny.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Joe Rogan episode is amazing btw

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Those were actual Nazis who got beaten to poo poo

Tell that to Ian MacKaye.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Sometimes it's a little off, but yeah, it's not even close. The only other person with a passable one is Adomian.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If we're talking somewhat embarrassing music choices of our youth, I'm literally wearing an MCR Black Parade t shirt right now

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I could have listened to a full hour of him and Matt going back and forth with their Jones impressions. Having Tim read the part of Brett Hawthorne in Ben Shapiro's terrible novel is incredible.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Sometimes it's a little off, but yeah, it's not even close. The only other person with a passable one is Adomian.

is Adomian the one who also does the Jesse Ventura impression because that kills me every time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

is Adomian the one who also does the Jesse Ventura impression because that kills me every time

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've never it but Master of Disguise's names must be really unique becausr it's seems to have endured, even if it's only as a punchline, unusually long in the cultural consciousness

I think the fact that Dana Carvey made such a lovely unfunny flop movie while Mike Meyers was raking in the box office bux with Austin Powers itself makes it pretty memorable. It's like this bit from Mitchell and Webb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80SyRmtbdI

• Locked thread