Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ethanol posted:

Should I buy nioh

Yes

ethanol posted:

I'm gonna buy it

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
I wish I could buy Nioh, but the loving playstation store won't let me log in. Yaaaay.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tomie knows me posted:

I wish I could buy Nioh, but the loving playstation store won't let me log in. Yaaaay.

Tomorrow you'll login and then it'll reject with a mystery payment error.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

exploded mummy posted:

Tomorrow you'll login and then it'll reject with a mystery payment error.

Nah, I have the money in my ps wallet to circumvent that issue. The real thing is that it'll be mysteriously gone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have to wait until this payday to get Nioh but I will and it will be good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Updates local stores sold out, going a few extra miles out :f5:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What's the story on the new PS+ games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

verbal enema posted:

What's the story on the new PS+ games

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-february-2017/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ethanol posted:

Updates local stores sold out, going a few extra miles out :f5:

I'm not letting myself buy Nioh until I finish my ridiculous backlog (which primarily exists because I spend so much time playing Souls games) and I'm pretty sure Nioh isn't going to help that 😳

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not letting myself buy Nioh until I finish my ridiculous backlog (which primarily exists because I spend so much time playing Souls games) and I'm pretty sure Nioh isn't going to help that 😳

Was wondering what my true backlog was because my games are spread among physical copies on my bookshelf, stuff I've downloaded, and things that I've purchased online.

I thought I had five or six but it was seventeen. Now, a bunch of those are PS+ freebies that I grabbed in the month they were available just in case but yeah, I really should not get any new games for a while.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nah I meant like are they good or a fart

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Largely meeeeh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lobok posted:

Was wondering what my true backlog was because my games are spread among physical copies on my bookshelf, stuff I've downloaded, and things that I've purchased online.

I thought I had five or six but it was seventeen. Now, a bunch of those are PS+ freebies that I grabbed in the month they were available just in case but yeah, I really should not get any new games for a while.

Let me check my backlog quick *the guns, lots of guns scene from The Matrix plays*

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Nioh is amazing, so much loot :swoon:. That was my one minor complaint about Bloodborne and what I preferred about Dark Souls. Even if I'm only going to use a hand full of weapons in Dark Souls I like the occasional upgrade and collecting weapons in general. As has already been said, Nioh is basically a Diablo loot system.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sakurazuka posted:

Let me check my backlog quick *the guns, lots of guns scene from The Matrix plays*

I've been around the forums long enough to hear about people's Steam backlogs and it just... *head exploding scene from Scanners*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Fart

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ineffiable posted:

What about the coop in yokai realm? The one that's truly full coop with shared life bar. It seems weird if you can't do that from the start.

Nah can't do that either I'm afraid :smith: You need one person to have beaten it for that too it seems. I'm still testing it out and my friend who has the game is at work, but we couldn't do the full party co-op on levels that neither of us had beaten yet.

On the one hand I can kinda see where they're coming from, co-op is way easier and kinda spoils tough boss fights for you. But on the other hand... man, its a game. Let people have fun and co-op. Especially people struggling.

At least if one person struggles and another person beats the boss, then you can co-op. I just helped a goon kill the 3rd boss, which was super fun. (Since I had already killed her) But its lame you can't just permanently play through co-op 24/7.

I really hope that they patch it and change that :(

On the bright side as well, when you beat a level and unlock the twilight version of it, you can co-op that right away without having to beat it first. But that's a small consolation. Its also a bit more fun to re-play levels in this than in souls, since the bosses re-spawn and you get more loot, and since loot is randomly generated, you don't even get the same loot. But its still a bummer you can't just play the whole campaign co-op the entire time.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alright this boost mode feature has pushed me over the edge and I'm planning on upgrading to a Pro today. Until Dawn and Bloodborne with more consistent framerates sounds tasty.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man nurse posted:

Alright this boost mode feature has pushed me over the edge and I'm planning on upgrading to a Pro today. Until Dawn and Bloodborne with more consistent framerates sounds tasty.

its not out yet unless you are in preview

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I bought it last week on sale but I am very bad at golfing, and also golfing with 100 foot tall robots. :saddowns:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

its not out yet unless you are in preview

That's fine, I can resume playing The Last Guardian at not 10 fps in the meantime.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So unfair....

PS4 has Yakuza 0, RE7 and Nioh immediately in 2017 as three games I really want to play. How does one have the time to play everything?!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

So unfair....

PS4 has Yakuza 0, RE7 and Nioh immediately in 2017 as three games I really want to play. How does one have the time to play everything?!

i just buy them and chip away until i finish. my in progress folder in my ps4 is like 15 items long but i'll get there eventually!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, I consider myself to have a fairly strong stomach, but the bit in God of War where you rip off Cronos' finger nail made me squeal in a spectacularly non-Kratos like fashion.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Crossposting from Nioh thread.

After literally not being able to beat the first enemy in the alpha I jumped back in off only good hype.

Beat first level with 2 deaths total.

All the "its so hard" reviews. I think are wrong. You have a 100% damage block with every weapon. It works. If you level spears you get a hide behind distance weapon AND levels hp. If you were on the fense but didnt want to get stomped into the ground. I recommend this game.

Good thing it won't get any harder after the first level.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also the 100% guard isn't a good thing in some fights, it'll get you guard broken.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

poptart_fairy posted:

Ugh, I consider myself to have a fairly strong stomach, but the bit in God of War where you rip off Cronos' finger nail made me squeal in a spectacularly non-Kratos like fashion.

Thanks for reminding me I haven't started GoW3 Remastered.

loving love that poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I bought GoW3 for PS3 like two days before I got a PS4 and MgsV so I never got around to playing it. Is it worth going back to/getting the HD remaster?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's going for £6 at the moment, at least in the UK. Worth it at that price for sheer spectacle.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I bought GoW3 for PS3 like two days before I got a PS4 and MgsV so I never got around to playing it. Is it worth going back to/getting the HD remaster?

i enjoyed it but i wouldn't play it again after having gotten into capcom/platinum character action games. its pretty though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Based on my experience up through what I think is most of the first level after the tutorial, I'm not sure nioh actually really spells things out as much as people say it does. Compared to dark souls and bloodborne it's way better, but those games are some of the most notorious examples of unnecessary obfuscation. There's still a lot of unexplained terms I've seen bouncing around on items such as "break" combined with several other words, it does not tell you how much difference one point of defense makes or what the "defense multiplier" means apart from the "damage reduction" that's also listed on armor, and so on. One time I was randomly hit through my block even though I had a lot of ki, maybe that's what "break" is? I don't know.

Nioh has still been completely awesome so far and I am excited to see where it goes. So many little good things to say about it, I don't even know where to begin.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Break is how much ki damage you do when your attacks are blocked. A high break weapon with +break will slice through blocks like butter. Not sure if that was what you were looking for, though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My partner doesn't really play computer games, but he finds Minecraft absolutely hilarious - mostly just hits farming blocks, and runs around with cows for some reason - so I'm trying to think of something like it that might appeal. Problem is he doesn't really have much hand/eye co-ordination when it comes to this stuff (as in has-to-look-at-controller-while-moving), which means anything requiring timing and twitch skills is out of the question for now. Are there many creative games like that on the PS4?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

There's Terraria, which is basically 2D Minecraft that plays like a platformer. If he's looking for more of the same style then that should fit the bill.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This is a longshot and I don't believe/cannot be that it's the OG ps4 that's the problem. But does the metal slug anthology run better on the pro boost mode? no input lag?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

acksplode posted:

There's Terraria, which is basically 2D Minecraft that plays like a platformer. If he's looking for more of the same style then that should fit the bill.

I was thinking of that, but the crafting and inventory system might be a bit overwhelming. I was thinking Stardew Valley or something like that.

Gah, trying to think of games from the perspective of someone that doesn't usually play them is surprisingly tricky. :byodood:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What does turning down the light on the PS4 controller actually affect besides PSEye stuff? I guess the rare game that does motion tracking without the Eye, like Infamous?

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

I was thinking of that, but the crafting and inventory system might be a bit overwhelming. I was thinking Stardew Valley or something like that.

Gah, trying to think of games from the perspective of someone that doesn't usually play them is surprisingly tricky. :byodood:

What about Dragon Quest Builders?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RatHat posted:

What does turning down the light on the PS4 controller actually affect besides PSEye stuff? I guess the rare game that does motion tracking without the Eye, like Infamous?

Saves battery and doesn't blind you if your like me and plays with the control vertically sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RatHat posted:

Infamous just uses the internal sensors, the only non-VR game I can think of that uses the light for camera tracking is the original Playroom.