Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You can tell From really had fun creating dumb invaders for the DLCs. You've not seen the last of wacky AI yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HGH posted:

You can tell From really had fun creating dumb invaders for the DLCs. You've not seen the last of wacky AI yet.

Yeah, the DS2 DLCs had dickish invaders down to an artform by the third. Really disappointed they kind of abandoned that in DS3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HGH posted:

I think that same person also gave like, 6000$ across various Patreons.
I never thought splurging over internet celebrities would be a thing.

LPers and streamers are the Japanese Idols Industry of the west.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

but they're allowed to marry

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Super Best Gravure Magazine when?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Pretty hosed up that the super best friends are funded by the Italian-Canadian mafia-yakuza.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

From my experience, fans get way weirder and more toxic when the SO of an internet personality enters the scene.

So that's arguable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Futaba Anzu posted:

I think they just assume natural selection will take care of that issue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Literally the opposite when Paige showed up, because they're the best couple

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Emily and Josh are the two most sympathetic characters in Until Dawn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, though they do still suck, Emily and Josh are definitely the most human of the cast. Josh is just downright tragic on every count.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

I had not heard of Lupus before watching her stream, but sadly it's one of those awful diseases that require tons of treatment and lifestyle changes.
She's also donating part of the Twitch money to organizations dedicating to fighting it, so if you're feeling extra charitable maybe pass by there.

Go watch House M.D., it's a good show.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Go watch House M.D., it's a good show.

It's never lupus there tho.

Also yeah, that's a poo poo disease, plus the whole "it's not lupus" catchphrase kinda implies how much stupid poo poo can happen to people that have lupus.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dias posted:

It's never lupus there tho.

watch the last season

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

It's lupus in the 4th season, the episode with the magician. Learn the lore.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
IT'S LUPUS LIKE A COUPLE OF TIMES OKAY I KNOW THAT

but usually it's not lupus

it wasn't lupus when it was still great :colbert:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

Literally the opposite when Paige showed up, because they're the best couple

You'd think that but there's some back lash towards Paige. From Yoko Ono jokes to some pretty nasty rumors.

Leana avoids it, but that's mostly due to staying out of the spotlight.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
But enough of all this positivity, who is the least sympathetic character in the game and why Matt?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

But enough of all this positivity, who is the least sympathetic character in the game and why Matt?

From Gets To Do Nothing Token Minority Syndrome, yeah.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's what happens when you're the rebound guy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

On today's episode of Dark Souls, we GO ALLL THE WAY BACK TO ANDRE!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Andre? ANDRE?! UN-loving BELIEVABLE!
This is an RE7 joke

EDIT: Holy poo poo Woolie's righteous fury is amazing

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 7, 2017

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Oxyclean posted:

I'll take the shame.

As have I. There are times when I really *should* have summoned in DaS2, decided to push on alone and then got totally buttfrustrated at it. If you're still enjoying yourself you're doing better than I was :)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm finishing up Paige's Until Dawn stream and why the gently caress nerds think they could solve all the problems they'd either kill themselves or everyone else minute 1 poo poo goes wrong ugh

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
In regards to summoning:

I beat every goddamn boss on my own the first time. There. It's done. Never doing that bullshit again.

Now? You're drat right Solaire is coming with me to fight O&S, and Tarkus is tanking that golem while I cheer from the sidelines.

I'll never understand the "BUT IT'S CHEATING" mentality when it's a mechanic that's built-in and fundamental to the goddamn game (and sometimes even required if you want to see more of the plot). Summoning is fine, magic is fine, now go do your SL1 Deprived run and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Too much coffee, sorry.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboTech posted:

In regards to summoning:

I beat every goddamn boss on my own the first time. There. It's done. Never doing that bullshit again.

Now? You're drat right Solaire is coming with me to fight O&S, and Tarkus is tanking that golem while I cheer from the sidelines.

I'll never understand the "BUT IT'S CHEATING" mentality when it's a mechanic that's built-in and fundamental to the goddamn game (and sometimes even required if you want to see more of the plot). Summoning is fine, magic is fine, now go do your SL1 Deprived run and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Too much coffee, sorry.

I think it's easily understandable when you realize Souls Fans Are The Worst.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dias posted:

This is the correct answer. Now go beat Manus at level 1 already you casual.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

HoboTech posted:

I don't think it's cheating but I also feel like it's fun to learn all the patterns and stuff like an NES game and would personally feel like I was robbing myself of something to ever have summons helping.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

HoboTech posted:

In regards to summoning:

Too much coffee, sorry.

people say it's cheating because it is just that, a built-in cheat code, much like infinite hp or w/e

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dias posted:

You seem to have a personal vendetta against souls fans

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He should, he is one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You seem to have a personal vendetta against souls fans

Just the facts, ma'am.

Burkion posted:

He should, he is one.

I also hate the fighting game scene so yeah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's cool, I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts.

I know how fans are. Unless it's Friday the 13th- that is a pretty relaxed fanbase.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

people say it's cheating because it is just that, a built-in cheat code, much like infinite hp or w/e

It's to offset the built in anti-pirate false positives.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

It's cool, I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts.

I know how fans are. Unless it's Friday the 13th- that is a pretty relaxed fanbase.

You shouldn't let fans scare you away from a thing you enjoy but you should also acknowledge that Souls Fans Are The Worst whenever the opportunity arises, I feel.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its pretty weird to complain about a fanbase out of nowhere over and over.

and speaking of complaining, i cant believe they spent three episodes outside quelaag's door and now are running in the opposite direction.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
It's me, a Souls Fan

I use whips and pyro spells and if you use a 2hander against me I will Bitch Very Loudly about skill and "getting good"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even play Souls games and I'm sick of seeing someone go "Souls fans are the worst" every other page.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

I don't even play Souls games and I'm sick of seeing someone go "Souls fans are the worst" every other page.

I mean, they could just stop.

I mean, being the worst.

I mean, the Souls fans.

they're the wooooorst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't seem to be a fan of practicing what you preach