Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

lol why the hate?

Sfd doesn't like people who hold opinions that are different from what they think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Xun posted:

Sfd doesn't like people who hold opinions that are different from what they think.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

love dat catte

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rip ragecat <3

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Finally got the issue sorted with the GW2 patcher and can finally install / update / play again! :toot: I was curious what has changed in the past 6-9 months in regards to new runes / sigils and skill / trait balances, but I suspect it hasn't been much.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

lol why the hate?

Mankind ills needs a savior such as you!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hot was pretty cool overall but it definitely felt like a first expansion

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Finally got the issue sorted with the GW2 patcher and can finally install / update / play again! :toot: I was curious what has changed in the past 6-9 months in regards to new runes / sigils and skill / trait balances, but I suspect it hasn't been much.

The very top of the OP has a link to a history of game updates which will answer your question should want to read all that! It's far too much to be summarized here.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Norithiel posted:

Just bought HoT and came back after a 1ish year hiatus. I've been playing the game using a controller today and it's surprisingly not awful. I wouldn't PvP with it but it's fine for kicking back and doing PvE content. :v:

Are you using the Steam Controller? If so can you share your config? I tried a couple and none of them seemed fluid enough for me. I similarly wanted to just kick back and do some PvE farming and junk on my TV.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Humerus posted:

Are you using the Steam Controller? If so can you share your config? I tried a couple and none of them seemed fluid enough for me. I similarly wanted to just kick back and do some PvE farming and junk on my TV.

How do you share configs? I have f1-f4 used by the gyro and it's goddamn great. Swing my controller around to shatter.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Xun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JUQCyx58Ik

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

lol why the hate?

HoT on release was a lackluster disappointment. It's been improved gradually since then.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I've grown to appreciate most of HoT, especially after some of the map reward rebalancing.

I even enjoy the majority of the mobs now, even itzel shadowleapers. Still not a fan of mushrooms (gently caress chargers, and why must mushrooms in some areas explode after death while others of the same name do not) and the incredibly long aggro range on the mounted mordrem mobs and the pretty much everything ever about mordrem devastators, but overall fighting stuff in HoT maps is a lot more engaging and fun than most parts of the game. I really enjoy the non-stop stabbing and dodging action of working down a chak tunnel on my D/D thief. The increased mob density in HoT maps makes them really nice for just chilling to music and killing things nonstop.

Norithiel
Aug 4, 2006

8U

Humerus posted:

Nah I'm using a Dualshock 3.

How do I get invited back into GOON? I made another invite post on the forums but it's been a few days.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

HoT on release was a lackluster disappointment. It's been improved gradually since then.

Sorry, that's an invalid opinion

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Norithiel posted:

Nah I'm using a Dualshock 3.

How do I get invited back into GOON? I made another invite post on the forums but it's been a few days.

Someone has been playing D3 instead.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

CLAM DOWN posted:

Sorry, that's an invalid opinion

Correct, it really hasn't been improved at all

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Is that Puddin?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like some of the HoT systems and improvements those have received, and the old stuff that was changed as well (Fractals etc.).

Still hate the HoT zones, enemies and story though, so I'm mostly waiting - new expansion should be out in time to compete with Star Citizen's release.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Man, you forget to check the off-site forum for 2 days...

OK, auths taken care of, and I've finally noticed the RSS icon on the auth forum and set up a RSS extension in Chrome with that so I'll finally know when someone posts an auth thread.

Norithiel
Aug 4, 2006

8U

Schpyder posted:

Man, you forget to check the off-site forum for 2 days...

OK, auths taken care of, and I've finally noticed the RSS icon on the auth forum and set up a RSS extension in Chrome with that so I'll finally know when someone posts an auth thread.

:h:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

patch notes are up

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Way to steal my thunder. Patch day hype!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nice

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"link converted by SALR" ruins everything :v:

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

Monday's snowstorm caused a power outage at ArenaNet. Due to the aftereffects of that, today's #GW2 update will be later than usual. ~RB2

Time to get back to work.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i pretty much always know what the links will be but i click them anyways so i can check to see if i still feel something inside

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress off Anet/Seattle, it snowed more here in Vancouver and I still drove to work in a front wheel drive sedan.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Well, you don't need sandbags in the trunk to add weight.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Hello Sailor posted:

Well, you don't need sandbags in the trunk to add weight.

Just makes it really hard to stop on snow with all of that weight in the front.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I decide to check the thread for the first time in months and I'm glad to see we're still packing the freshest memes from the year 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I decide to check the thread for the first time in months and I'm glad to see we're still packing the freshest memes from the year 2014

Same but unironically

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Cletus I am continuing to fulfill my sacred duty to you and I will never stop

[WAITING INTENSIFIES]

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The more I've gotten to know of HoT, the more I realise that I was right that it wasn't worth the $50 price tag.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Sekkira posted:

The more I've gotten to know of HoT, the more I realise that I was right that it wasn't worth the $50 price tag.

If a hundred-ish bucks I've spent on bank tabs are worth it (they are) then 50 bucks for gliding seems like a steal.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
No patch tonight, folks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao at the people demanding an apology or free stuff because their 'time got wasted'

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The monument of white supremacy known as Divinity's reach MUST BURN.

yes I'm joking

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

*unsubs and uninstalls*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

knowonecanknow posted:

If a hundred-ish bucks I've spent on bank tabs are worth it (they are) then 50 bucks for gliding seems like a steal.

I spend a stupid amount on this game as well. I still don't recommend HoT at $50.

• Locked thread