Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

again i'm more thinking of it causing tea party types to primary their moderate congress person leading to a large amount of insane people in congress leading to stuff just being rejected forever

Yea I'm sure it had some impact and shifted some republicans a bit further to the right.

But I don't think you can explain the election of Trump & Republican majorities as a reaction to Obama being black. That really doesn't hold up when you look at how well liked he is. There is a natural swing back and forth from Democrat to Republican since a lot of people just like the idea of change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Looking forward to when I receive my voucher to exclude my tax money from supporting private religious schools.

Honestly hoping that the Satanic Temple can help out here.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 7, 2017

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
In ten years the USA will be like Syndicate just with more creationism.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I laugh my rear end off every time one of these idiots mixes up a republican political talking point with a republican ideal and falls upward.

The incoming New Trump Order is supposed to say they 'love our precious children and want to help them along better in the world' or some poo poo, but they end up just saying "Child labor is kind of a good thing huh?" and the entrenched (R)'s have got to be thinking "Oh jesus loving christ you aren't supposed to say that, are you kidding me!?" and then being bewildered when it ends up working anyways.

Like you gotta hand it to the Trump administration for really going head-first into the game and swinging for the damned fences, those old (R)'s must feel kind of regretful for never truly expressing their true values. They're like those bitter closeted gay dudes who never got the opportunity to wear rainbow underwear on a parade float.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 7, 2017

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Lol at the 45COMMITTEE commerical I just saw advertising to call your senators to push through the cabinet selections

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Moridin920 posted:

no NO i couldn't believe it but it's real apparently

http://blog.acton.org/archives/89837-bring-back-child-labor-work-is-a-gift-our-kids-can-handle.html

ahAHAHAHAHAHAHA stop STOP i can't

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

loot at this picture at the end.

loving I want to die.

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

SniperWoreConverse posted:

loot at this picture at the end.

loving I want to die.

lol

lmao you haven't paid into the government's coffers enough to die yet, citizen

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

If I was Iranian I'd feel like my gov't is perfectly justified pursuing nuclear bomb stuff considering it seems like the USA is hellbent on invasion and the only thing that will stop them is presumably if you have nukes to defend yourself with.

I bet that Saddam spent every day before the gallows cursing himself for not having a secret weapons program he could have used to keep the USA from murdering him and his family and destroying his country.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what's that thing devos said about making America fit jesus or something like that?

Ork of Fiction posted:

I bet that Saddam spent every day before the gallows cursing himself for not having a secret weapons program he could have used to keep the USA from murdering him and his family and destroying his country.

word.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

angerbeet posted:

lmao you haven't paid into the government's coffers enough to die yet, citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhPbTbjYM0

*jumps off roof*

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

But I don't think you can explain the election of Trump & Republican majorities as a reaction to Obama being black. That really doesn't hold up when you look at how well liked he is. There is a natural swing back and forth from Democrat to Republican since a lot of people just like the idea of change

It's not really that, you're right, but it's NOT the natural swing back and forth.

poo poo has gone off the deep end while on fire. There's not really a "left" or "right" anymore, there's hysterical cry nazis on the left and ignorant 'gently caress the world' assholes on the right and a handful of people who used to lean one way or another that's immediately attacked by both sides for not going balls-deep in their philosophy. World is hosed.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Getting some major lols at the mental image of DeVos being instated as education secretary, while Trump sits in front of the TV mistyping the word "judgment" for a tweet.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's not really that, you're right, but it's NOT the natural swing back and forth.

poo poo has gone off the deep end while on fire. There's not really a "left" or "right" anymore, there's hysterical cry nazis on the left and ignorant 'gently caress the world' assholes on the right and a handful of people who used to lean one way or another that's immediately attacked by both sides for not going balls-deep in their philosophy. World is hosed.

In the swing back and forth, there was one constant, and it was the ppl/entities rich enough to pay both sides out to keep looking after them. They seem do be doing fine, btw.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The 9'th district court hearing is incredibly lol-worthy they are destroying Trump's lawyer and all of the judges sound pissed?

It's almost as if deriding the Judicial branch was not a good idea, somehow?

Anyways it sounds like it's going to the SC.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, if only it would go to a full on secession

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/07/california-governor-trump-ratchet-up-war-words.html

I want to see America drop to 49 states in my lifetime

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Good job on fighting the establishment, Donald! Oh, wait.. another billionaire :cheers:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

angerbeet posted:

The 9'th district court hearing is incredibly lol-worthy they are destroying Trump's lawyer and all of the judges sound pissed?

streaming now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEK8FCBMkMQ

e: and yase lots of lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
man I can't listen 'cuz I'm at work :*(

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

angerbeet posted:

For a non American, which way is the Supreme Court likely to go with this? I know what the ideological split is, but will there be at least one conservative judge willing to tell Trump to gently caress off given his stance on the judiciary? Also will Gorsuch have a say on any potential case or will his appointment be dragged out for months?

Sorry I meant

'Lol'

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That reminds me of a lol worthy dream I had, where Trump had invited Judge Judy to rule on the immigration executive order expecting her to come out in his favour, so he arranged for it to be reported live from the White House. Judy proceeded to dismantle the order, Trump, and his cabinet then escaped through a door behind her. Trump followed, incensed, before we the viewers saw cctv footage of Trump huffing and puffing red faced around the White House trying to find Judy. Lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Butterfly Valley posted:

That reminds me of a lol worthy dream I had, where Trump had invited Judge Judy to rule on the immigration executive order expecting her to come out in his favour, so he arranged for it to be reported live from the White House. Judy proceeded to dismantle the order, Trump, and his cabinet then escaped through a door behind her. Trump followed, incensed, before we the viewers saw cctv footage of Trump huffing and puffing red faced around the White House trying to find Judy. Lol.

Only slightly more surreal than real life at this point.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Butterfly Valley posted:

For a non American, which way is the Supreme Court likely to go with this? I know what the ideological split is, but will there be at least one conservative judge willing to tell Trump to gently caress off given his stance on the judiciary? Also will Gorsuch have a say on any potential case or will his appointment be dragged out for months?

Sorry I meant

'Lol'

Gorsuch will probably make it on there but oh yeah there's def gonna be at least one conservative judge on that panel telling Trump to gently caress off.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is hilarious, the guy gives a good argument and then he gets staggered by being hit with questions so stupid he doesn't know how to deal with them.

It's like one of those pro l337 fighting game players that get staggered by button mashers just by doing things so dumb you can't anticipate them.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

turns out all it took to destroy america was voting in a black president

The antichrist (Obama) heralded forth Satan (Trump)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Blazing Ownager posted:

This is hilarious, the guy gives a good argument and then he gets staggered by being hit with questions so stupid he doesn't know how to deal with them.

It's like one of those pro l337 fighting game players that get staggered by button mashers just by doing things so dumb you can't anticipate them.

lol

thanks for posting that flesh forge that was actually really interesting to listen to

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Please note even though it's now adjourned you can still enjoy and appreciate the recording from the beginning and lol quite a lot

skip ahead 5 minutes of dead air

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Please note even though it's now adjourned you can still enjoy and appreciate the recording from the beginning and lol quite a lot

thanks gonna listen to this on my commute home

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

"Has the gov't pointed to any evidence connecting these countries with terrorism?"
"uh these proceedings have been moving very fast :shrug:"

lmao

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Jose posted:

I'd go somewhere less likely to be underwater

Like Everest?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol loving anything can happen now

Remember when people were offended because trump said pussy lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hey y'know how ~constitutional conservatives~ are all about ~states' rights~, the foundation of our case is that states' rights are dumb and gently caress them

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Today I remembered House of Cards exists and I tried to picture how they could possibly continue it now that Trump happened

lol, just lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Elman posted:

Today I remembered House of Cards exists and I tried to picture how they could possibly continue it now that Trump happened

lol, just lol

House of Cards was already made worthless like every other political drama by the 2016 election as far as political entertainment goes.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I feel genuinely bad for everyone involved in house of cards because it was a really good show and now there's just nowhere for them to go. Like lol they ended the last season with Spacey going "we create terror" and it was supposed to be super dark and ominous and just lol forever.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
lol'in as the bombs drop

lol'in to the grave

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

man I can't listen 'cuz I'm at work :*(

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Elman posted:

lol, just lol

They should have Frank have a change of heart and become the best President ever by somehow uniting everyone, solving world peace, and fixing the debt.

After he fixes everything, he resigns and publicly confesses to the two murders.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit took down the stream version and put this up in its place, for anyone still looking for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPOFowWqFGU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am listening to some of the court hearing now and drat those judges are laying into these poor jabronis lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/...t.co/p0h4CeKKsB

Yemen is disallowing US special force operations within its borders due to how poorly that one raid went and the administrations complete lack of remorse for killing a little girl.

Soon everyone but Russia will be hating on us, but Trump doesn't give a hoot america first lol