Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So after putting in 100+ hours becoming a beer baren and crushing the spirit of the fairy people with good old fashion capitalism
This was when the first came out. Since then there's been patches, apparently got released to other system and my computer poo poo out back in November

Is it worth grabbing on the xbox one? Have they added content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So after putting in 100+ hours becoming a beer baren and crushing the spirit of the fairy people with good old fashion capitalism
This was when the first came out. Since then there's been patches, apparently got released to other system and my computer poo poo out back in November

Is it worth grabbing on the xbox one? Have they added content?

You should sell your Xbox and buy a new computer.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
60 hours in on the xbone version, if you can live without mods it's perfectly good and fun.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm planning to get those hard to catch fish (Glacierfish I'm coming for you!).

What's the ideal setup for those guys? Trapper or Cork bobber?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm planning to get those hard to catch fish (Glacierfish I'm coming for you!).

What's the ideal setup for those guys? Trapper or Cork bobber?

I use Trap Bobber. Fishing skill as high as you can go, and then eat either Dish O The Sea, Fish Stew, or Lobster Bisque for 3 levels on top of that (it can go above 10 and is highly encouraged as well)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Agreed on the Trap Bobber as the best lure. The hard thing about all the high skill fish is they way they'll randomly ping-pong along the main bar. Even if you're doing everything right they'll still spend a fair amount of time outside you capture bar, and the Trap Bobber does the most to mitigate that.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Started a second run with a No Joja, No Pierre (backpack upgrades and bouquet aside) challenge. I'm three weeks in and I've had some crazy luck so far:

- Getting a green bean from the travelling cart. Thank goodness, since they don't grow from mixed seeds, so it let me complete the Spring Crops bundle.
- Getting not one, but two Ancient Seeds. I put speed grow under them, hopefully it'll make up a little for the slightly awkward planting time (18th and 19th of Spring). Might just squeeze one more fruit out.

Forest farm unsurprisingly, planning to woo Emily this time round. I'm looking reasonably set for summer: something like eleven mixed seeds so far, the melon and starfruit seeds from Gunther and a poppy seed I got from the cart (maybe I'll be level 3 farming for beehives by then! :v: ).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 7, 2017

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's 5 chickens I've bought from Marnie and they've all been brown! Not one white chicken. What the heck. I just want some variety.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Brown chickens matter

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stelio Kontos posted:

60 hours in on the xbone version, if you can live without mods it's perfectly good and fun.

Any plans for modding to be possible? Them sprinklers are rough at the beginning

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Any plans for modding to be possible? Them sprinklers are rough at the beginning

I haven't seen anything regarding plans to bring them over.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stelio Kontos posted:

I haven't seen anything regarding plans to bring them over.

Oh wellb i bought it
I love this game

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's 5 chickens I've bought from Marnie and they've all been brown! Not one white chicken. What the heck. I just want some variety.
I named mine "white" after some looking online and it did indeed grow up to be a white chicken

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I named mine "white" after some looking online and it did indeed grow up to be a white chicken

That can't be true.

MediumWellDone
Oct 4, 2010

おいしいよね〜
ソースがね〜
濃厚だね〜
The brown chicken plague has been happening to me too. My plan now is to buy a white egg from the traveling cast and incubate that.

Wish me luck.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

After all this chicken talk, I loaded up my original game just to make sure. I've a chicken of every colour, I'm safe.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
1.2.0:

:unsmith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm almost through fall yr 1 and still haven't gotten an Ancient Seed :(

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I was in winter of year 2 before I actually got an ancient seed. If you really want to get them going sooner you can build 10 seed makers and just start jamming them full of cheap crops and brute force a lucky roll.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Murder enough bugs in the mines and hope you get lucky when you run out of seeds to shove into seedmakers, I guess?

I got one from that or fishing, I forget which

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Can't you get ancient seeds from just donating all the crappy minerals you find in the mines?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Can't you get ancient seeds from just donating all the crappy minerals you find in the mines?

You can find an "Ancient Seed" that can't be planted, when you donate that Gunther gives you an Ancient Seed pack.

I didn't know about the seed maker thing though, good to know.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm almost through fall yr 1 and still haven't gotten an Ancient Seed :(
Haha, yeah, it took me years in my first playthrough to get one. Which is why I was so :stare: about getting two in a row in the first month of my second playthrough. I guess "scything all weeds you can find" being a top priority (to try and get mixed seeds) is going to increase the chances of getting ancient seeds, too.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 8, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I got my first Ancient Seed in my current playthrough on the 9th of Spring 1, my first venture into the mines. :smugdog:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Poque posted:

I got my first Ancient Seed in my current playthrough on the 9th of Spring 1, my first venture into the mines. :smugdog:

Yeah on my first playthrough I had one by week 2 of the game, but no luck this go around (which is supposed to be my ultimate wine barren playthrough)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ironically this is my worst playthrough by far, I'm trying to go mass pigs just to hear what the horror will sound like, and I'm in the first Fall and still don't even have a 12-animal barn yet. I'm just having some serious money management issues for some reason.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Poque posted:

Ironically this is my worst playthrough by far, I'm trying to go mass pigs just to hear what the horror will sound like, and I'm in the first Fall and still don't even have a 12-animal barn yet. I'm just having some serious money management issues for some reason.

I like Pigs, my first playthrough was a mix of pigs and wine (I waited on wine until towards the end though).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Psion posted:

Murder enough bugs in the mines and hope you get lucky when you run out of seeds to shove into seedmakers, I guess?

I got one from that or fishing, I forget which

Yeah, it’s a ½% drop from bugs, so you ought to get it reasonably fast this way.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Got a great luck day and decided to hit Skull Cave proper. I had about 20 of each type of bomb but I forgot my stone. Still I managed to make it to 51 or so. I picked up 2 bars already made and enough ore to make 3 more iridium bars. I also got one Prismatic shard and a second amongst the 25 omnigeodes I got. One went to the museum and the other I'm keeping.

I can make 11 sprinklers, plus whatever I buy off of Krobus so... yeah I think that was pretty successful. I'll be keeping gold tools for the time being. They work more than well enough.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I just filled an entire barn of crystalariums with 20 diamonds. They were all finished producing neptunite and I wanted to switch them over. For some reason every time I right-clicked on a completed crystalarium it gave me a diamond that immediately went into the crystalarium. Anyone else experienced something like this?

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
I think crystalariums only produce a single gem type, you can't switch them over. I'm guessing the diamond went into your inventory somewhere, you were just focused on the neptunite and didn't notice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

What happens is you harvest a finished gem from the crystalarium and then it starts making a new one of that same type. If you want to reset the gem type you have to pickaxe them into your inventory, put them down again, and put in a new gem

you lose whatever you put in there, unless someone else knows another way?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Source!?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Psion posted:

What happens is you harvest a finished gem from the crystalarium and then it starts making a new one of that same type. If you want to reset the gem type you have to pickaxe them into your inventory, put them down again, and put in a new gem

you lose whatever you put in there, unless someone else knows another way?

My way actually worked. I just harvested an entire barn worth of diamonds. Just try to put in the new gem. You'll miss a harvest but you don't need how every many you need fill it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

limp_cheese posted:

My way actually worked. I just harvested an entire barn worth of diamonds. Just try to put in the new gem. You'll miss a harvest but you don't need how every many you need fill it.

Oh, that's good to know. I'm setting up a barn full of crystalariums but it's slow going. I need more rain totems, I guess.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

What am I looking at here again? I'm drawing a blank.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

WarpedNaba posted:

What am I looking at here again? I'm drawing a blank.

Right now there isn't a way to load a different file without restarting the game.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oooooh.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Got the screenshot from reddit, it's apparently in the beta of the patch right now. It didn't really register to me until a few weeks ago that there was no way exit to the title cause I never had to do it, but ever since its been bugging me.

My real life apartment lost power last night right in the middle of a skull cavern run where I was finally hitting some iridium nodes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That can't be true.

I dunno man, I had four brown ones and looked into it after much frustration, saw that, tried it and got a white chicken :shrug: