Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I just took Sid from 71 to 80 in prep for Zader (11/20 zetas). I'm not going to focus on his gear yet, but if I get a full furnace, it'll go to him or Rex. I'm still working on Kylo, but having TFP and Sid early with Zader is pretty powerful (170 and 161 unmodded speed) for the aoe TMR (50% chance, 25% TM, irresistible). Also, Sid drops up to 4 DoTs, so pretty good Zader synergy.

Right now I'm working on gear for GK and Vader -- GK is really close to G9, and then I'll have to save up 150 Carbantis before I can move him to G10, so I'll probably work on Sid/Kylo. I've been sliding in Arena lately, so I think in the short term, I need to work on having Zader up and running, probably with EP, TFP, Boba, +1, leaning towards G9 GK, but might end up sticking with Shore, we'll see. RG is also pretty decent, but without a cleanse, there are just too many people running around with BI right now. Once I get Rex up to speed, I'm thinking about dropping EP for him -- will help me in the Zader mirror, but Kylo might be my mirror breaker instead. Kylo needs more carbantis though, so I might be able to get Rex geared a lot faster. I never thought mk3 carbantis would be such a huge bottleneck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Except ships suck, so who cares? Unlock your zeta challenge and then who gives a poo poo?

Fleet shipments are helpful, though. Some great things to snag there. For example, I think it's the only place outside of achievements and the Shard Shop that occasionally gets shards for Vader.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Fleet shipments are helpful, though. Some great things to snag there. For example, I think it's the only place outside of achievements and the Shard Shop that occasionally gets shards for Vader.

yeah, but I mean... dont' lose your loving mind buying ships once you've unlocked the challenges.

I'm still trying to 5 star everything flyable, and building up consular/biggs/TFP. But I also buy rex/sunfac shards with my fleet shipments. I still snag top 20-10 range every day.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Decided to spend a little cash and bought the reaper pack.

Good news: got the reaper unlock!

Bad news: it takes DT and ST to fly, and I don't have ST. I'm also no where near clearing 9B.

I should probably read about these things first.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malkof posted:

Decided to spend a little cash and bought the reaper pack.

Good news: got the reaper unlock!

Bad news: it takes DT and ST to fly, and I don't have ST. I'm also no where near clearing 9B.

I should probably read about these things first.

Rebel squad is the best way to clear it...I did it pretty soon after unlocking it using a borrowed Wedge, and then something like Lando (L), Biggs, Leia, AA, STH. If you are on android and have K2, he'd be really good in there to trade off taunting with STH.

I don't know what you do/don't have, but some other good leader options:
Wedge + Leia
OB + Talia
OB + Lumi
Aayla + Yoda (or Luke)
GK (you can borrow mine) + Barriss
Poe + Finn (I'm going to guess you don't have max resistance dudes though)
OB + Chirpa (run with Ewoks)

My general opinion is that if you can get EP to 7*, then your rebels are strong enough to beat 9B, although they might need more work to 3* it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Would a Zariss + GK just loving destroy 9B?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Would a Zariss + GK just loving destroy 9B?

I think so. Feel free to borrow my GK and test it. He'll be G9 in a day or so.

If you're considering a Vader Zeta:

"BUGS CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED
Abilities - Darth Vader's Zeta Leader ability "Inspiring Through Fear" can remove TM twice from the same unit per single damage taken
Abilities - Darth Vader's Zeta Leader ability "Inspiring Through Fear" removes TM on Dodge"

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 6, 2017

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Malgrin posted:

Rebel squad is the best way to clear it...I did it pretty soon after unlocking it using a borrowed Wedge, and then something like Lando (L), Biggs, Leia, AA, STH. If you are on android and have K2, he'd be really good in there to trade off taunting with STH.

I don't know what you do/don't have, but some other good leader options:
Wedge + Leia
OB + Talia
OB + Lumi
Aayla + Yoda (or Luke)
GK (you can borrow mine) + Barriss
Poe + Finn (I'm going to guess you don't have max resistance dudes though)
OB + Chirpa (run with Ewoks)

My general opinion is that if you can get EP to 7*, then your rebels are strong enough to beat 9B, although they might need more work to 3* it.

I just started playing again (quit just after the pit came out and everyone had Dooku leads) so I'm still in the process of building my rebel squad.
6* wedge tier 8
7* Biggs tier 8
7* AA tier 8
7* STH tier 9
5* Leia tier 7
Wedge is taking forever thanks to a recent bout of bad RNG. The rough plan is get the above to EP level, then scoundrels . After all that then start working on my Empire team.

If anyone has a better plan please lay it on me. Seriously.
https://swgoh.gg/u/malkof/collection/

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Maybe because I'm obsessed with internet spaceships, I actually don't mind the ships minigame.

My bracket is between level 68-72 at the top level currently, so we only just hit 60 and got ships last week thereabouts. I've been stuck with the debate of "Tarkin or AA" like a lot of folks - my AA has been very helpful, but I pulled Vader from the ship card. Here's my current ship team:

Starting:

Vader
Boba
JC
GS
TFP

Rf:
Biggs
Ashoka
FOTP

As my dudes get stronger I'd like to swap out JC/GS in the starting roster for Biggs/FOTP. Removing the 'assist' guys reduces the utility of AA, in theory.

The question: Should I use AA and level him up until I hit max and then try to go for Tarkin, or invest in Tarkin early and aim for uber-Empire Tark/Vader/Boba/TFP/FOTP/Biggs action? Here's my lineup: https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/collection/

I'm at the point in Arena where I finished up STH and could spend my tokens on AA, Tarkin, or IG-88 (as the guide in the OP suggested, but I haven't seen much use for him yet), halp~

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malkof posted:

I just started playing again (quit just after the pit came out and everyone had Dooku leads) so I'm still in the process of building my rebel squad.
6* wedge tier 8
7* Biggs tier 8
7* AA tier 8
7* STH tier 9
5* Leia tier 7
Wedge is taking forever thanks to a recent bout of bad RNG. The rough plan is get the above to EP level, then scoundrels . After all that then start working on my Empire team.

If anyone has a better plan please lay it on me. Seriously.
https://swgoh.gg/u/malkof/collection/

I'd actually pause Wedge at 6* and go get Lando. You really need to work on Scoundrels ASAP for the credits...they're just too important. Work on Lando, Boba, and 88 and you'll be able to clear the event pretty easily and start gaining tons of credits. I cannot emphasize enough just how important it is to get on this so that you can afford to actually start leveling all your heroes.

Numismancer posted:

Maybe because I'm obsessed with internet spaceships, I actually don't mind the ships minigame.

My bracket is between level 68-72 at the top level currently, so we only just hit 60 and got ships last week thereabouts. I've been stuck with the debate of "Tarkin or AA" like a lot of folks - my AA has been very helpful, but I pulled Vader from the ship card. Here's my current ship team:

Starting:
The question: Should I use AA and level him up until I hit max and then try to go for Tarkin, or invest in Tarkin early and aim for uber-Empire Tark/Vader/Boba/TFP/FOTP/Biggs action? Here's my lineup: https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/collection/

I'm at the point in Arena where I finished up STH and could spend my tokens on AA, Tarkin, or IG-88 (as the guide in the OP suggested, but I haven't seen much use for him yet), halp~

How far are you in gear for AA and Tarkin? It sounds like you haven't invested much in either of them either for their character or ship, and if that's the case, you should probably double down on Tarkin.

How are your scoundrels? Being able to complete the top available tier of credit heist is the most important thing you can be doing right now. Lando, 88, and Boba are all good for this. Lando is also great for Arena, and maybe one day ships. 88 is also good for AAT raiding, and I think you could build a pretty solid Boba (L) 88 + Lando team if you invested in it. If you're doing fine on the scoundrel event, I'd farm Tarkin's shards.

fishtobaskets posted:

His matches feel really weird because Mace/AA are so defensive and he's pure offense. I win a lot of come from behind matches because of his offense buff and tie swarm.

Adding to this, thanks to a bug with FOTF, it's much easier to hold on Defense with this build. Basically, whenever a TL opponent takes damage, FOTF gains somewhere around 40% TM (scales with ability level), which means he goes an insane amount. Add in the extra offense from Tarkin and he's super hard to beat.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 7, 2017

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Malgrin posted:

How far are you in gear for AA and Tarkin? It sounds like you haven't invested much in either of them either for their character or ship, and if that's the case, you should probably double down on Tarkin.

How are your scoundrels? Being able to complete the top available tier of credit heist is the most important thing you can be doing right now. Lando, 88, and Boba are all good for this. Lando is also great for Arena, and maybe one day ships. 88 is also good for AAT raiding, and I think you could build a pretty solid Boba (L) 88 + Lando team if you invested in it. If you're doing fine on the scoundrel event, I'd farm Tarkin's shards.

I haven't invested much in either - they're gear level 6. I'll double down on Tarkin then.

My scoundrels are acceptable: I have STH and Lando at 7*, Boba at 6*. Chewbacca and IG-88 are meh; I just unlocked IG-88 two days ago. So far I've been able to do credit heist at my level with no trouble. I'll grind Tarkin for a bit then focus on IG-88, thanks for the advice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

Starting:

Vader
Boba
JC
GS
TFP

Rf:
Biggs
Ashoka
FOTP

Swap Biggs for GS in your starting squad, man. His taunt on target lock is loving awesome, and Vader does irresistable target locks on every attack.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Swap Biggs for GS in your starting squad, man. His taunt on target lock is loving awesome, and Vader does irresistable target locks on every attack.

Oh yeah, I didn't actually respond to this part. I'd run Vader, Boba, TFP, FOTP, Biggs in your starting, with whatever is left for reinforcements. Moving forwards, I'd recommend looking at Scimi and Fives because they make great reinforcements, and then I also run JC. Scimi is good because it can give Biggs, Boba, or Fives a counterattack and stealths everyone else. Fives is good for a few reasons. First, if you TL up everyone, his AOE will nuke most of their team -- it inflicts TL on the targeted opponent (can't be resisted), then deals damage to each TL opponent and gains 20% damage to each TL enemy (25% if I ever take Fives to G10). Second, if he shoots a TL opponent with his basic, he'll remove all buffs, and he also applies offense/defense down.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, we have both raids running. Rancor damage starts at 8 am pacific. Tank damage starts at 8 pm pacific.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Geo Spy any good? I am building him for ships so I am wondering if him and fun sac have any use outside of that. Sun fac seems neat but he is sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

xyigx posted:

Geo Spy any good? I am building him for ships so I am wondering if him and fun sac have any use outside of that. Sun fac seems neat but he is sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

sun fac is very good. High counter chance + dispel on basic + taunt + tons of health & protection. Geo spy is garbage, but I did the same as you and unlocked him for dark side ships. Retired him once I beat the challenge.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

sun fac is very good. High counter chance + dispel on basic + taunt + tons of health & protection. Geo spy is garbage, but I did the same as you and unlocked him for dark side ships. Retired him once I beat the challenge.

Yeah I figured he was with such low def and hp/prot but drat for a moment I imagined using spy/vader/boba for triple execute lol. Ahh well back to gearing Maul for tank I suppose.

1-600-DOCTORB
Nov 29, 2004

Side effects may include gopherism, multi-brow, and tracheal meerkat colonies
Pillbug
I've decided to quit playing (username is Supeisu Rizaado), and am just logging in to donate my stockpiled gear once a day or so. Feel free to boot me if you need an open spot in IGD.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

1-600-DOCTORB posted:

I've decided to quit playing (username is Supeisu Rizaado), and am just logging in to donate my stockpiled gear once a day or so. Feel free to boot me if you need an open spot in IGD.

Peace, yo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

Lord of Hunger
Starts: Event 1:Feb 16th
Event 2: Feb 18th
Event 3: Feb 23rd
Event 4: Feb 25th
Ends: Event 1: Feb18th
Event 2: Feb 20th
Event 3: Feb 25th
Event 4: Feb 27th
Min Level Required: 20+
Main Rewards: Darth Nihilus and two other 'to be announced' dark side characters
Notes: Open Squad. Bring characters who are strong against Sith!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

Bring characters who are strong against Sith!

Jed...oh wait, never mind.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Dark side getting all the love right now. Guessing the other two will be KotOR as well. Zader sith team looking good!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Darth Revan and Darth Malak! Maybe. More KOTOR would be nice, at least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I hope It's Revan and Malgas

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Thinking about it more, it's likely to be Darth Traya and Darth Sion, since they form a Triumvirate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
WTF toons have anti-sith synergies?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

WTF toons have anti-sith synergies?

Every now and then the devs like to show off just how little they know about their own game.

e: Oh poo poo, the Whales are up in arms

TI Whale Leaders posted:

Hey guys. Let's talk about the 1000$ elephant in the room. I'm here to address CG's recent absurd price point behavior. We have spoken amongst ourselves and with the leaders of a number of other guilds, and we have decided to fight back. This is a call to arms!
First of all, this is entirely optional. We would never try to control how much you guys spend or don't spend. And no one should be spend shaming anyone who chooses not to participate in this: if I hear about that, I'll be pissed.
TI, in conjunction with an alphabet soup of acronyms too numerous to list, is calling for a spending boycott. We would ask that anyone participating not spend on anything priced over the cost of the old Aurodium packs. IE, if a character/ship costs over that ~250$ threshold, don't buy it. This is our main message, stay on it, if we make too many demands we'll be like those world bank protesters who lose their message cuz half of them have legalize marijuana signs. We have thousands of people across multiple guilds participating in what will be the biggest protest CG has seen. This is not about hurting CG, this is about restoring sanity to their price points. If we have to hurt their income a little bit to get there tho, then we shall do so. All the guilds stand united both on the boycott and on its goal of a return to Aurodium pricing days.
We are Team Instinct, so obviously we are being looked to to lead the way in this campaign. I want everyone to conduct themselves with this in mind: be respectful to everyone. Respect those who don't chose to participate: it's every player's choice whether they're willing to pay these prices or not and I repeat that we will not stand for any pay shaming. Respect the other guilds involved, even if we have historical animosity with them. Even respect CG. We need to be pillars of strength that the rest of the community can look to.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 7, 2017

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Don't buy a phone game thing that costs over $250? Sounds real hard....

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

General Probe posted:

Don't buy a phone game thing that costs over $250? Sounds real hard....

No, you missed the point, $250 per character is fine, but $1000 isn't.

P.S. I'm laughing really hard right now, because spending that much on a character (e.g. the old Aurodium packs) is insane to me. I mean, spending $200 on a phone game sounded insane to me a long time ago, but then a lot of little purchases added up, so...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 7, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Lets shows those developers whose boss and only spend $250 on a pixel ship! That'll teach em!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Fuckin nerds.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It should be like 25 dollars for a full 7 star character.

Fuckin' 250? Jesus Christ, what kind of assholes...

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Chilichimp posted:

It should be like 10 dollars for a full 7 star character.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's a Star Citizen joke here somewhere...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

There's a Star Citizen joke here somewhere...

I mean, at least in Star Citizen, you can theoretically get in the ship and fly it around in space.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
I feel like I've run into a brick wall in gearing, like I've missed a plan. My arena and ship teams are comfortably in the top 20 or 50 and I never miss a GW node, but I'm wondering if I've failed to create a proper Rancor Raid team or something - I'm not the highest level in this guild so usually I'm getting crap (in the rank 15-25 range) for rewards.

Should I be cobbling together a Rancor team? I'd need to take time off gearing my ships dudes, but I have the component bits (Teebo, Ewok Elder, RG, QGJ) from the OP. Right now I just throw my Arena team at the raid, pop door control, then turn it on auto and put the phone down.

Another possibly silly question: I've been diligently farming Rex shards on guild credits, what am I going to be using this guy for?

(Random aside: this is the best possible game to play while playing Eve, it's perfectly timed for long warps)

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 8, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Numismancer posted:

Should I be cobbling together a Rancor team? I'd need to take time off gearing my ships dudes, but I have the component bits (Teebo, Ewok Elder, RG, QGJ) from the OP. Right now I just throw my Arena team at the raid, pop door control, then turn it on auto and put the phone down.

Another possibly silly question: I've been diligently farming Rex shards on guild credits, what am I going to be using this guy for?

After reading this, I went back to the OP to look at what I had written. I deleted the quoted sections and just put this in its place:

These days, I'm running Teebo (L), QGJ, Phasma, TFP, and EE and consistently clearing P1 with about a 50/50 chance to clear P2.
Alternatively, if you can Zeta Vader, you can run him with EP, TFP, and a couple Empire, Sith, or TM removers (Rex, Jyn, QGJ, etc.) to 90% auto Rancor
Your squad will work fine, but the Phasma + TFP squad works better.

You will be using Rex for literally everything. I think that after Zader, he's the all around best hero in this game. He's good in a squad in every AAT phase (except these days no one uses him in P3 because of Chirpatine) and he fits in with a Teebo or Zader lead Rancor squad (for 100% clear). He's a solid counter to Zader -- at the very least on offense, but also pretty solid as a leader on defense. His tenacity up won't stop the TM down from a Vader squad, but it will stop all debuffs/dots, which is what will kill you. On Offense, if he's not fast enough, you can run QGJ (L) Fast Yoda, medium speed Rex, +2, and just demolish a Zader squad by alternating Yoda and Rex's Tenacity up. This won't hold on Defense though. In ship battles, he is the core of a Mace defensive squad https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/rexs-arc-170/

e: At some point, someone asked for a screenshot with a ridiculous number of status effects...don't remember who or why, but:

I just took out one of our shard's best Zader comps with G11 Boba (L), G11 JKA, G10 3* Baze, G9 5* GK, G9 3* CI.

For mods:
Boba: Speed Set, CC Set, best speed secondaries (+105)
JKA: CD Set, best offense secondaries
Baze: 3x Health set, 4x Protection
CI: CD set, Speed, CD, Offense, Prot Primaries, fastest available secondaries
GK: Health, Def set, Speed, Def, Prot, Prot primaries. went for high speed or flat health/prot secondaries

I'm actually now leaning towards taking Boba zeta first because it would be so good.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 8, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I know it's been asked before but is there a resource for mods? Like which ones are best for each character?

I hate mods

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

I know it's been asked before but is there a resource for mods? Like which ones are best for each character?

I hate mods

I think mal has posted a list of which mods are best for each character. I'll toss in my advice for obtaining mods:

You can get mods from 3 places:
1. Mod challenges
2. Mod store
3. Mod packs

Assuming you've beaten the highest level of a challenge, mod challenges will generally give you a white (no bonuses) mod, with a 3-1 bias for mods on the left side (square, diamond, circle). Your odds at getting a good mod (green or better with speed secondary) are very low, like 1% low. However, if you don't have much in the way of mods initially, it's a good way to at least get a starting set.

The most important thing to know about the mod store is that 5 dot mods will appear once you've beaten the first two challenges (health and defense). This is super important, because the mod store is the best way to get good mods. It's still slow, you might go a week without seeing a mod with potential.

Mod packs seem to be unavailable right now, maybe they'll reappear once some of the limited time packs cycle out. They were a not-terrible deal, but I don't personally recommend them.

What's a good mod:

Good mods are one of two things. Arrow mods with speed primary, and non-white mods with speed secondary. Speed is king in this game, and a 5 dot arrow mod provides +30 speed. A visible speed secondary is important because of the way mods upgrade. When you level a mod, it gains a secondary ability at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12. If the mod starts with visible secondaries (green or better), those secondaries will be upgraded instead of a new one being added on the first (for green), first and second (for blue), etc times. So a green mod with a speed secondary will get an upgrade to speed on the first upgrade. A blue mod with say speed and potency will have one or both upgrade, randomly, so potentially speed could be upgraded twice. This is how you get game winning mods. The advantage of purchasing mods in the store (for credits, I don't advise using crystals), is that you get to see the mod before you buy it. Mods aren't cheap, but getting a good mod is a huge power boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

I hate mods

There are some guides out there like that, but the problem is that mods are really situational. In most cases, I will tell you that you want protection primary in the bottom two mods (except for heroes that want Potency), but now with GK and Zarriss, there is a really good argument to using health primaries there.
For the most part, for tanks, you want to use health sets because except for a few heroes (like Fives), def % isn't very useful (most heroes have low base defense). That said, if you have a great mod that is defense set, they're still worth it...*
For most other heroes, you're probably best off with a CD** or Speed set mod, depending on what you need them to do (e.g. Boba needs to go first to land AB so he needs all the speed, while Lando needs to kill everyone with one AOE, so he gets CD)
For tanks and supports, you generally want a speed primary and 3 protection primaries, but health primaries are ok if you have forms of healing, and for Baze/Shoretrooper, I've generally just run 4x Protection. For damage, you want Speed, CD, and whatever has good speed secondaries -- it's good to have a protection mod, but for bottom right, health, protection, or offense is fine -- you just really want fast secondaries.

*for example, on GK, I have a def set def % triangle mod with 10 speed and 21 def -- and it's a really solid mod - adds about 4% armor (including the set bonus -- 27.68% to 31.93%). His resistance actually jumps from 19.3% to 23.3%. His overall EHP (health + prot) increases by 7.5% with a protection primary mod. By comparison, 27.68% to 31.93% is a 15% increase in armor (comparable to a gain of 8k Prot). His resistance increases by 20%. However, if you removed his other two protection primary mods, he would be losing a much larger chunk of his overall EHP for a smaller percent increase in defense.

**Most heroes are better off with an Offense set theoretically, but the difficulty of getting to the point of farming offense set mods is so much harder than CD -- FOST is one of the hardest to farm heroes in the game

Davethulhu posted:

Arrow mods with speed primary, and non-white mods with speed secondary.

The problem with mods is that there are so many goddamn exceptions. I'm running JKA with like +5 speed right now because of his unique -- instead he has about +800 offense (2300 to 3100) -- with Boba lead, I've gotten AOE crits for 22k -- this melts basically any DPS hero (I've killed Biggs, Wedge, and Chirrut in one JKA aoe so many times now).

If you have Rex (L), you can run several other heroes with a lot less speed. B2 is another hero you want to just load up with damage. Rex (L) with a fast Barriss is super punishing against Zader, Boba, TFP squads because their AOEs trigger Barriss and Rex to go fast and land tenacity up.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 8, 2017