Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Y'know, I don't think that the Gray looking dude is a villiain. Look at his eyes. They are big, shiny and soulful.

That, taking in account the whole "Goku may be the unwitting villain here" and, the alien's buff "heroic" physique, and his very Superhero like outfit...

I think that this guy may be his universe's version of Superman, or at least a pastiche of superhero tropes to satisfy the fans need for a fight against superman.

I predict he'll be a hero of his universe that has never been defeated or met a match, and he'll fihgt goku to save his universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope my boy Magetta will actually win a fight before inadvertently getting brutally destroyed to up the stakes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope Frost redeems himself.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
fusion haters can vacate, gotenks lives 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

fusion haters can vacate, gotenks lives 2017

Gokule is real and my friend.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope buu becomes super buu temporarily but still has his stupid rear end regular face

also i wish they had brought frieza and cell back but i guess you cant have like 18 fighting without krillin

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Replace Roshi with Cell, but Freeza I dunno about. I was already deeply unsatisfied with how he was used in Return of F, and he doesn't seem like the type to be "our talks are nice :)" like Cell. Cell, sure, he wants to fight and wants to save the Universe(because it includes him), but Freeza would probably welcome oblivion and join the other side out of spite.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza would do whatever beerus told him to do

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
If Freeza thought being destroyed by Zeno would prevent him from going back to the afterlife, he'd probably lose on purpose, yeah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the thing

Freeza is the only villain Toriyama ever made that Toriyama sees nothing redeemable in. He's the only straight true totally evil villain and that shouldn't be taken away.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd say Cell too, because I'm pretty sure it's just abridged contamination that makes me think of him as more genuinely affable(as opposed to Freeza's "I mix evil with being superficially refined because it gets my rocks off") than he really is in canon, where he was just a more laid back Freeza.

I'M TRYING SIXTEEN!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WickedHate posted:

Replace Roshi with Cell,

Why? 17 and 18 are there for a reason.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

i hope buu becomes super buu temporarily but still has his stupid rear end regular face

Buu should use Tien's multiform technique, except he splits into each version of Buu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Cell specifically said that once he won the Cell Games he'd take his time hunting down and eliminating humanity so he could savour the looks of fear on their faces.

So yeah, he's a dick. Almost as bad as that monster Pilaf.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhonne posted:

Buu should use Tien's multiform technique, except he splits into each version of Buu.

Genuine theory: They take a leaf from Online/Xenoverse and Buu is gonna get a Kid Buu-esque super form.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Beerus: And what's your problem with me drafting this 'Cell' guy, anyway?
17: He ate us!
18: And killed our brother!
Gohan: He killed my dad!
Vegeta: He almost killed my son.
Trunks: Wait, wha -
King Kai: HE BLEW UP MY loving PLANET.
Cell: Look, I just came out here to have a good time and I am feeling so attacked right now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Cell specifically said that once he won the Cell Games he'd take his time hunting down and eliminating humanity so he could savour the looks of fear on their faces.

So yeah, he's a dick. Almost as bad as that monster Pilaf.

he just was a more unhinged goku and really wanted a good fight.

i dont think he would have actually done it unless they called his bluff

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bring in Pikkon.

On another team, as an alternate universe Namekian.

Funky Valentine posted:

Beerus: And what's your problem with me drafting this 'Cell' guy, anyway?
17: He ate us!
18: And killed our brother!
Gohan: He killed my dad!
Vegeta: He almost killed my son.
Trunks: Wait, wha -
King Kai: HE BLEW UP MY loving PLANET.
Cell: Look, I just came out here to have a good time and I am feeling so attacked right now

Cell: All of you came back to life, so none of that should count.
18/17: ...
Cell: Oh, right. Well he didn't have a soul so who cares?
Beerus: A good point Cell!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Didn't Cell kill Trunks at least twice?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry, but I don't see how putting Freezer on the team could possibly be a good idea. Dude has pretty much proven himself to be completely irredeemable at this point. I mean, remember how the Namek fight ended? Motherfucker was begging for his life, Goku gives him just enough ki to escape the planet, and what does he do? Shoots Goku's own ki back at him just to let him know exactly how hard he can gently caress himself. Are you really going to take a guy with that kind of spite in him, who has been defeated and humiliated by you and your friends thrice now, and be like "Look I know we've had our differences, but do you think you could do us a solid here?"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Sorry, but I don't see how putting Freezer on the team could possibly be a good idea. Dude has pretty much proven himself to be completely irredeemable at this point. I mean, remember how the Namek fight ended? Motherfucker was begging for his life, Goku gives him just enough ki to escape the planet, and what does he do? Shoots Goku's own ki back at him just to let him know exactly how hard he can gently caress himself. Are you really going to take a guy with that kind of spite in him, who has been defeated and humiliated by you and your friends thrice now, and be like "Look I know we've had our differences, but do you think you could do us a solid here?"

Counterpoint: You're thinking like Bulma, rather than Goku.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Goku spared Freeza not because he wanted a good fight in the future but because he hated Freeza so much that he wanted Freeza to live with the shock and humiliation of being defeated by a Saiyan.

So no Goku really isn't in the cards for suggesting a Freeza revival.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Frieza doesn't need to be redeemed to be on the team, Beerus just needs strong fighters. He could cut him a deal, saying he'll get Frieza a better place in the afterlife if he agrees to help.

I also kind of like the idea of Frieza being on the team so Frost can see just how evil he is and go "oh god, is that way I'm like?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

he just was a more unhinged goku and really wanted a good fight.

i dont think he would have actually done it unless they called his bluff

except cell did go around blowing up cities and murdering people before becoming perfect. the only reason he wanted a good fight after that was to test his new power

e: keep in mind that cell tried to ragequit the same way freeza did when it looked like he was absolutely gonna lose

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Put Garlic Jr. on the team, that guy can't die.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pureauthor posted:

Goku spared Freeza not because he wanted a good fight in the future but because he hated Freeza so much that he wanted Freeza to live with the shock and humiliation of being defeated by a Saiyan.

So no Goku really isn't in the cards for suggesting a Freeza revival.

To be clear, I was making a joke. I'm against the idea of Freeza on the team too and I really only wanted Cell because of how he is in the Abridged Series, which I recognize is illogical.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bring in xenoverse cell as the team coach

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We should have Broly compete!

Oh right.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pureauthor posted:

We should have Broly compete!

Oh right.

Someday, Broly will get yet another new transformation in Dragon Ball Heroes, and it will be called Super Saiyan Devil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A part of me hopes that when Brolina appears she becomes so successful she just replaces Broly in everything.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manatee Cannon posted:

bring in xenoverse cell as the team coach

"I WOULD TOTALLY HUG YOU IF THAT WAS SOMETHING I DID!"

*18 steps back slowly*

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I won't lie: I am one hundred percent the kind of fan Broly Abridged was mocking, and I'm okay with that because the trade off is Abridged Broly, who is very precious to me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me hopes that when Brolina appears she becomes so successful she just replaces Broly in everything.

braly has already replaced broly in my heart

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why would you want a replacement when you could have them tag teaming everything forever?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there can only be one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

except cell did go around blowing up cities and murdering people before becoming perfect.

yeah but he did that for a reason beyond "because i can"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what im saying is cell isn't as big a monster as goku

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kithkar posted:

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Gowasu here, and I've been convinced Universe 10 is gonna be the first dunked because we have a minor emotional connection to someone from there. Elephant god is there, so maybe its nothing.

No! Not KamiTube!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

WickedHate posted:

I won't lie: I am one hundred percent the kind of fan Broly Abridged was mocking, and I'm okay with that because the trade off is Abridged Broly, who is very precious to me.

His power is maximumer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Why would you want a replacement when you could have them tag teaming everything forever?

Broly and girl Broly holding hands, running at full speed and clotheslining everyone

• Locked thread