Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I'm a week past the 60 day mark and I didn't make my fast passes until last night and I got Frozen. I didn't want it though, I wanted something else in that tier. This is my 4th or 5th trip since FP+ has been implemented and I get lazier and care less about making them each time, and I always get the ride times I want. I hate FP+, I just want to go to Disney and enjoy a week there and not script my entire vacation but alas that's gone forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

I'm honestly not too worried. We're going to Epcot two days and don't really care about Illuminations, so we can always get in line before close. I like Fastpass+ more than the paper Fastpasses at Disneyland, but it's ok to stand in line sometimes too!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Douchebag posted:

I'm a week past the 60 day mark and I didn't make my fast passes until last night and I got Frozen. I didn't want it though, I wanted something else in that tier. This is my 4th or 5th trip since FP+ has been implemented and I get lazier and care less about making them each time, and I always get the ride times I want. I hate FP+, I just want to go to Disney and enjoy a week there and not script my entire vacation but alas that's gone forever.

You could just not use FP+ or wait until the day of to make your choices in the app

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

You could just not use FP+ or wait until the day of to make your choices in the app

Very true, but there are some rides we really want to do and there is no loving way we are waiting in line for over an hour. In the past I've actually had very good luck changing plans and fast passes in the morning but my son is willing (and big enough) to try some new rides so I had to grab those.

I'm not fist pounding and upset about FP+, I just miss the old way 😀

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Grundulum posted:

Seriously? We got both during our trip over Marathon Week, and things were surely more crowded then than they are now. Did we just get hella lucky, or do they offer different numbers of fastpasses at different times of year?

Yeah, I got both and it was during NYE week. We didn't even stay on premises, so I only had a 30 day head start instead of 60.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Douchebag posted:

Very true, but there are some rides we really want to do and there is no loving way we are waiting in line for over an hour. In the past I've actually had very good luck changing plans and fast passes in the morning but my son is willing (and big enough) to try some new rides so I had to grab those.

I'm not fist pounding and upset about FP+, I just miss the old way 😀

I thought I missed the old way then I went to Disneyland and boy howdy does truckin' it all over the park to get the paper fastpasses suck.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Got everything I wanted at the times I wanted! Now to just wait and see if Rivers of Light will be open by April...

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dren posted:

I thought I missed the old way then I went to Disneyland and boy howdy does truckin' it all over the park to get the paper fastpasses suck.

Truth. That was a total PITA.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Disney Parks Blog announced today that Pandora is scheduled to open May 27. I'm going to miss it by 2 weeks of course.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Can't wait hover around the entrance on our trip and hope someone comes by asking if we want to try a soft open on some rides.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder when fast passes open up

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

When do they normally start doing soft opens anyway? Looks like I'll be missing it by 2 weeks as well :shrug:

Also, is the Undiscovered Future World tour any good?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
poo poo. My 30th birthday is the week before, so we were planning to go that exact weekend (to coincide with Megacon in Orlando.)

Now I'm worried that the parks will be irredeemably packed and I should just skip Disney. :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I probably won't be going at opening anyway because I'm doing Orlando Fringe shows that day and the next day (which just so happens to be my birthday).

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Paddlefish (formerly fultons) opened and the pictures of it are gorgeous and the menu has my mouth watering. Disney springs is adding good restaurants faster than we can eat at them.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

Paddlefish (formerly fultons) opened and the pictures of it are gorgeous and the menu has my mouth watering. Disney springs is adding good restaurants faster than we can eat at them.

I've been trying to make a reservation for my upcoming trip but apparently reservations haven't been released for booking yet or they're all taken. I can't tell.

edit: OpenTable lets me reserve, but it's not available through the Disney website.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Locals...two questions

1. Do you guys stay overnight when visiting the parks or do you do day trips? I live a hour away and still prefer to stay overnight.

2. Any interest in having a goon gathering when Pandora opens?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

Locals...two questions

1. Do you guys stay overnight when visiting the parks or do you do day trips? I live a hour away and still prefer to stay overnight.

2. Any interest in having a goon gathering when Pandora opens?

1. Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I'm 45-60 minutes away with annual passes, so if I decide "Hey, it would be great to go to Disney right now" I can get up and go. Likewise, I can make a whole Saturday or Sunday out of a trip by arriving in the morning. I still do overnight or holiday stays (like I'm staying at Ft. Wilderness in a cabin for July 4th) as a special treat, and once or twice a year we'll just book a weekend at a resort that's offering super cheap deals.

2. I would love to but I'm doing an Orlando Fringe show during the opening weekend. I'm still totally down to meet goons when I actually go to Disney!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks we're going to stay at Coronado overnight tomorrow so figured might as well make a little trip out of it before we start working.

That said, if you guys want to plan out a date me and my gf are down. Maybe a time when non local goons are down also.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My wife will get tickets for the cast member preview night about a month before opening, and usually gets an extra or two I'll offer here for anyone around at the time that wants to get in before the crowds.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone have Disney Springs plans around March 31st/April 1st? I'll be there with family for a little Birthday vacation. Seeing La Nouba for the second time :)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Empress Brosephine posted:

Cool thanks we're going to stay at Coronado overnight tomorrow so figured might as well make a little trip out of it before we start working.

That said, if you guys want to plan out a date me and my gf are down. Maybe a time when non local goons are down also.

I'll be down mid-March for work and mid-April for vacation, don't have the dates in front of me.

Sucks that Pandora doesn't open until May, we are brining my sister-in-law and niece with us in April and they've never been to WDW. Would have been nice to get into Pandora.

Thinking of adding on the Animal Kingdom wild Africa safari tour to the trip. Like the idea of hanging out over the hippos, adding something special onto the trip. Anyone been on it, any reviews?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I can't figure out if this is replacing Wishes or is in addition to. But if it's a replacement there are going to be a LOT of piiiiiiissed guests.

I'm down May 8 - 12 if anybody else is around then.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Sounds like Wishes is history after May 11.

It had a loooooong run, so whatever.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It's definitely replacing Wishes. Man, I don't know how I feel about that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Well, we're going to watch Wishes tonight then. :(

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Aww, that's my anniversary. Wishes is pretty cool, looks like they're revamping all of the fireworks shows then? Illuminations and Fantasmic are next!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

That's on my last night before I fly home, talk about timing! :eyepop:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bottom Liner posted:

Well, we're going to watch Wishes tonight then. :(

Park is dead today too, good day to go

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It would have been 14 years old this year, so it's not surprising that they think it's time for a revamp.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woah they totally changed the Japan store around in the past month. Crazy

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got the top row on Soarin and now I can understand the hype.

Also Coronado Springs is real nice. Don't think I could do a value again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Annual pass holder previews of rivers of light today.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Well, shoot. For my trip, I will tentatively plan on Wishes on Monday night, IllumiNations on Tuesday night, and probably DHS fireworks on Sunday night, depending on how I feel.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The star wars fireworks show was great so definitely do that!

Trip was a huge success, thanks again for all the help Braksgirl!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Booked Tiffins' Rivers of Light package for 4/1. Excited to try both!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get the whole fish. Just do it.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I just had a sipping chocolate flight at Epcot and transcended to higher plane of existence.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had Traditions today was really nice and made me excited for work! Utilidoors were pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Where are you gonna be working/what will you be doing? Enjoy!