Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

If we're going to post videos of people losing their poo poo over vidyagames, let's turn on the wayback machine for a trip to the early days of the internet.

(Loud and NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY

I always like this one, no big hissy fits and ends in friendship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Doesn't Garry's Mod just let you noclip?

There's a hell of a coincidence - I just hunted this down myself a few days ago because it's just such a magical journey.

People trolling idiots in games is one of my favourite things. I miss the griefing thread :(

There is a new one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764286

I really like that Minecraft one because it's a bad griefer getting griefed. I like my griefs like I like my schadenfreude: with a healthy dose of justice. I like DanielfromSL because he's so good-natured that I root against anyone who gets genuinely pissed off at him.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cannot loving stand Bill Maher, so that's some real good schooty fruit.

ranbo das posted:

The Pats are a good team who deserved to be in the Super Bowl, but who also have magical wizard powers that cause their opponents to pass the ball when running it is the very obvious game winning move.

Like just three runs and a FG means the Falcons win, instead they lose 23 yards on pass plays and end up losing the game. Seahawks pass instead of run and get picked. I wish I had Belicheck's black magic.

Pats fan and I'm still not entirely sure how they managed to comeback like that. They played like hot garbage for pretty much the first 3 quarters and the first few minutes of the fourth.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Some classics in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG9n8vtcgbk

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I will always love that guy dropping his shovel on the ice.

Not so much the toddler in just a diaper running over ice like that though :stare:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Retard libertarians decide to walk into a police station with one guy decked out in a balaclava and chest rig holding an AK to file a complaint about a traffic ticket. Miraculously avoid being gunned down immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6zQLvPMpw

His facebook suggests that he wants to repeat this with a dozen other people similarly equipped. And did this in response to a shopkeeper calling the police on him for walking around outside his shop kitted out this way, where they were questioned and released by the police.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

That one where they slide the ramp at the guy would have been insanely fun when i was a dumb teenager.
Why didn't we think of that.....

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sloober posted:

His facebook suggests that he wants to repeat this with a dozen other people similarly equipped. And did this in response to a shopkeeper calling the police on him for walking around outside his shop kitted out this way, where they were questioned and released by the police.

God, I hope they record every single encounter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That one where they slide the ramp at the guy would have been insanely fun when i was a dumb teenager.
Why didn't we think of that.....

You still have time to try!

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Sloober posted:

Here's what was posted after the video:

"I'm currently facing three misdemeanor charges, had $4k in property stolen, and am absolutely amazed that people are responding to the video this way. This stuff is passé and normal for us, to the point that the average PD in our area doesn't respond to calls of men with rifles anymore, because of the efforts of myself and many activists here in SE Michigan to desensitize and externally retrain especially bad officers.

But remember, Brandon Vreeland has been my routine partner in our entrepreneurship of being professional Independent Police Auditors. He is facing his own set of currently three misdemeanor charges as well, along with his own collection of stolen property (including his car, impounded for evidence and already searched with a warrant)."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Pingiivi posted:

professional Independent Police Auditors

:discourse:

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pats fan and I'm still not entirely sure how they managed to comeback like that. They played like hot garbage for pretty much the first 3 quarters and the first few minutes of the fourth.

The Pats only need half a quarter to beat a scrub team like Atlanta. The scooty fruit is on anyone who actually thought Atlanta stood a chance.

On the other hand, it takes an act of God to make us lose, and it still hurts a decade later.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Today I learned that I hate Bill Maher more than the Patriots.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

pookerbug posted:

Today I learned that I hate Bill Maher more than the Patriots.

That's his job. He is a professional smug liberal that's allowed on TV because spite is the only motivating factor of the American public and he convinces people to vote against their own interests so they can stick it to some media personality. Same with Rosie O'Donnell and Michael Moore.

Bill Maher does not understand this. Bill Maher doesn't understand a lot of things. At most he avoided having to gain a bunch of weight by being loathsome in other respects.

Bar Crow has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Feb 7, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Brewmaster posted:

The Pats only need half a quarter to beat a scrub team like Atlanta. The scooty fruit is on anyone who actually thought Atlanta stood a chance.

On the other hand, it takes an act of God to make us lose, and it still hurts a decade later.

:saddowns:

It still hurts.

Though I'm kinda with Bill Burr on that game, in that I figured it was a lost cause by the half and I was just hopeful they could stop the game from being a total blowout. Wish granted.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/MFlNjkg.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Y34DU0s.gifv

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KQ2pfIsGRw

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

hanales posted:

I was co-oping on dark souls 3 the other night, and I play with the sound low or off because we have two tvs in the living room. Kid watches stuff or games on the other one.

Anyway we were invaded and the host decided to leeroy Jenkins the invader. I started hearing similar sounds to that screeching help me over and over agin as he died to 30 enemies and the invader at once. Abruptly cut off as the session ended. I laughed and laughed. Sadly the PS4 record stuff doesn't seem to pick up voice.
For perhaps future schaden, PS4 record does pick up voice, but under the following conditions:

You need to be in a party
You need to select that it's ok for your voice to be shared
So does anyone else in the party

For yourself you can choose that it's shared all the time, or just for that party.

If you weren't in a chat party playing DS3 then what you were hearing is actually an item you can get in the game by trading with the crow - an archtree carving and should have been picked up by in-game recording. There are 4 of them: Hello, Help Me, Thank You, and I'm Sorry. These are used to good effect for griefing or amusing other players in a game that doesn't have chat in MP.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

For perhaps future schaden, PS4 record does pick up voice, but under the following conditions:

You need to be in a party
You need to select that it's ok for your voice to be shared
So does anyone else in the party

For yourself you can choose that it's shared all the time, or just for that party.

If you weren't in a chat party playing DS3 then what you were hearing is actually an item you can get in the game by trading with the crow - an archtree carving and should have been picked up by in-game recording. There are 4 of them: Hello, Help Me, Thank You, and I'm Sorry. These are used to good effect for griefing or amusing other players in a game that doesn't have chat in MP.

No I have voice chat turned on, so if other people do as well you can hear/talk without being in a party. It certainly wasn't the carvings it was an ear piercing screech.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

hanales posted:

No I have voice chat turned on, so if other people do as well you can hear/talk without being in a party. It certainly wasn't the carvings it was an ear piercing screech.
I forget they added that :doh: Now that I think about it I remember someone talking about DS2 and the immolate miracle - they were cooping and someone used that and just screamed the whole time they were burning :v:

Party voice stuff still valid though.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

SubponticatePoster posted:

When I was playing DS2 recently there were times when in multiplayer folks would just stop and gently caress around with the carvings or other random poo poo. One time I and two other people were summoned to fight a boss and the three of us and the host all just marched towards the fog door at half speed while constantly dropping Very Good carvings. I think that sort of poo poo ended up being more fun than the actual game.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Parts Kit posted:

When I was playing DS2 recently there were times when in multiplayer folks would just stop and gently caress around with the carvings or other random poo poo. One time I and two other people were summoned to fight a boss and the three of us and the host all just marched towards the fog door at half speed while constantly dropping Very Good carvings. I think that sort of poo poo ended up being more fun than the actual game.

We often have sword block dance parties after being summoned or while riding in elevators.

My wife thinks it's dumb :(

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

hanales posted:

We often have sword block dance parties after being summoned or while riding in elevators.

My wife thinks it's dumb :(
Haha. I'm also fond of randomly mashing the d-pad so the character constantly is swapping stuff and looks like they are having a seizure.

All this stuff probably infuriates the serious roleplayer types though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
That's how you're supposed to play Dark Souls. That or you use the Channeler's Trident and just dance forever.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Parts Kit posted:

Haha. I'm also fond of randomly mashing the d-pad so the character constantly is swapping stuff and looks like they are having a seizure.

All this stuff probably infuriates the serious roleplayer types though.

Do those exist for Dark Souls (lol of course they do)? I've found that the more actual fun game that's in an engine, the less RPers are drawn to it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Peanut Butler posted:

Do those exist for Dark Souls (lol of course they do)? I've found that the more actual fun game that's in an engine, the less RPers are drawn to it

Less serious role players and more serious duelist nerds. There is an entire group of players who think there are unwritten rules about how multiplayer conduct should be played and that everyone should play by them no matter what. These people were very upset when Dark Souls 3 introduced changes that favored invading worlds with multiple phantoms already as opposed to letting people just show up for 1v1 duels whenever they wanted. It also introduced the magic estus flask which draws people up in knots over whether or not it's "okay" to use because a magic user can use it to recover magic, then cast a heal spell. But it's the height of dishonor to use a healing item.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nuebot posted:

Less serious role players and more serious duelist nerds. There is an entire group of players who think there are unwritten rules about how multiplayer conduct should be played and that everyone should play by them no matter what. These people were very upset when Dark Souls 3 introduced changes that favored invading worlds with multiple phantoms already as opposed to letting people just show up for 1v1 duels whenever they wanted. It also introduced the magic estus flask which draws people up in knots over whether or not it's "okay" to use because a magic user can use it to recover magic, then cast a heal spell. But it's the height of dishonor to use a healing item.

I love these types because they're basically anti-RPers. If you want to RP in Dark Souls, you should just invade and be a huge trolling douche, because that's what's happening in the game world.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Being a trolling douche in Dark Souls, you say? (I'm easily amused.)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

If we're going to post videos of people losing their poo poo over vidyagames, let's turn on the wayback machine for a trip to the early days of the internet.

(Loud and NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY

Your wayback game is weak son, have some internet cave paintings: Belan the Noble Looter was ganking noobs in 2000 when I was still in... poo poo I was in college then... schadenfreude on the olds :(

Belan loots a dude's pants in exchange for his life.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Being a trolling douche in Dark Souls, you say? (I'm easily amused.)

I like this a lot.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bar Crow posted:

That's his job. He is a professional smug liberal that's allowed on TV because spite is the only motivating factor of the American public and he convinces people to vote against their own interests so they can stick it to some media personality. Same with Rosie O'Donnell and Michael Moore.

Bill Maher does not understand this. Bill Maher doesn't understand a lot of things. At most he avoided having to gain a bunch of weight by being loathsome in other respects.

Lol Bill Maher owns.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Jastiger posted:

Lol Bill Maher owns.

He's great if you hate those darn Muslims, certainly

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jamfrost posted:

I like this a lot.

Here's more it's a very fun thing to do in all the games.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Nuebot posted:

Here's more it's a very fun thing to do in all the games.

Don't you dare leave Rosie out of DS trolling.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

Feonir has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Feb 8, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Dewgy posted:

I love these types because they're basically anti-RPers. If you want to RP in Dark Souls, you should just invade and be a huge trolling douche, because that's what's happening in the game world.

It's the same as that one kid in grade school who always got beat in every game, so they'd make ridiculous new "rules" up (or ignore some) to get an edge :lol:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Those guys who entered the police station looking like henchmen were called idiots by open carry advocates.

quote:

"There is a clear difference between the everyday protection we advocate for and the attention seeking actions of these individuals. Wearing a mask, dark glasses, visible body armor, and a rifle slung across your chest instills a very specific image that cannot be ignored."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/us/dearborn-open-carry-arrest/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Still think those guys in the police station are in the right