Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did you know. the super fami and snes version of super metroid are identical. you can toggle between 日本語/english in either one. those days are gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Really Smart US Marketer: How about we take this game thats already complete and has English language versions shipping in mid February worldwide and push back the US release date to the same week as when Nintendo launches a new console and new Zelda game.

Just think how good it will look on their performance review when their release crushes the Switch + new Zelda release. Guaranteed successful plan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

did you know. the super fami and snes version of super metroid are identical. you can toggle between 日本語/english in either one. those days are gone

I could probably just go on PSN and buy a digital copy in feb as well, I just realized. I think I have to buy a Indonesian prepaid card or something tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nier is probably going to be better than Breath of the Wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think so too but it's apples and oranges other than that the games come out the same time.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nier, botw, persona 5....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I look forward to playing Breath of the Wild when I buy a discounted Switch at the end of November 2018, it's one of the things forcing me to be naively optimistic about our current political climate

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 8, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently today Atlus had a survey for fans about P5 and they're already talking about expansions or possible sequels

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep forgetting which is Nier and which is Nioh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if i was told they were planning p5 expansions and sequels after persona 4 launched i would nod vigorously

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nier is the good one and nioh is a kind of battey

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Nioh is an unholy union of *souls, Onimusha, and Bushido Blade. It is a lot of fun.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was hoping that Nioh was going to come in today. :sigh: Hopefully tomorrow. I guess that gives me time to Mafia III

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

Apparently today Atlus had a survey for fans about P5 and they're already talking about expansions or possible sequels

Given P3 and 4, that's not really surprising

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Kojima told IGN that it was the development staff's decision to use Raiden as the main character of Metal Gear Rising. He admitted that if it were up to him, he would have used Gray Fox instead. He also admitted that had Fox been used, he would have ended up writing and directing the game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MGS:R getting fumbled by KojiPro is what led to Platinum making MGR, so I'm okay with that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

Kojima told IGN that it was the development staff's decision to use Raiden as the main character of Metal Gear Rising. He admitted that if it were up to him, he would have used Gray Fox instead. He also admitted that had Fox been used, he would have ended up writing and directing the game.

Dodged a bullet on that one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
MGR2 with Gray Fox would have been cool if Konami's games division didn't implode.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know, I can't really picture Mariachi Grey Fox, or "The Memes" Grey Fox, or "Time for Jack... to let 'er rip!" Grey Fox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pLDrZQTf8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

What is the cleanest convention
SPX

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Revengeance is the best Metal Gear story because it just has all the Kojima stuff that is over-the-top, earnest, and goofy as gently caress without all the attempts at seriousness. Grey Fox was a loving dour-rear end character and I can't picture him fighting Make America Great Again while hard-charging metal with super on-the-nose lyrics plays, but Raiden is perfect for that

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Welp, beat Bloodborne finally. A+ would bleed again.

Holy poo poo there's a lot of optional/missable content though. I definitely missed a lot.

Is the DLC worth it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheDLC is absolutely worth it, yes. It contains all of my favorite bosses in the game

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

suuma posted:

Welp, beat Bloodborne finally. A+ would bleed again.

Holy poo poo there's a lot of optional/missable content though. I definitely missed a lot.

Is the DLC worth it?

yes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Last night I finished backing up my old PS4 and traded it in for a Pro. Tonight the restore finished and I found out that the Pro is broken. Like shuts itself off when you launch FFXV and some other games broken. Back to Gamestop tomorrow.

:negative:

This is why you don't buy first iterations of a new model. At least I had the sense to buy locally.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so nioh is loving amazing. i did not expect the prologue to take place in england or the bad guy to be so in keeping with the tone of characters in ninja gaiden but it was loving awesome. gotta dig in tomorrow when i have more time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

so nioh is loving amazing. i did not expect the prologue to take place in england or the bad guy to be so in keeping with the tone of characters in ninja gaiden but it was loving awesome. gotta dig in tomorrow when i have more time.

Seriously. Gotta coop some time after you beat the first "real" mission and meet the mission guy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw the new yugioh movie

it was lol

We had a good time laughing at it because it was just a bunch of dumb bullshit all the way through lol

also Joey pulled one of these faces during it and I laughed cause it is terrifying

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What was the smell like

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Movie theater popcorn

There were like 8 people there including KCB, myself, our friend, and said friend's jackass of a fiance

I think it was mostly adults

I wonder how much the card I got can go for on ebay

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Considering purchasing nioh despite the spiders. I wanna fuckin do it. The spiders are scary of the scary-rear end variety but god dammit i do not wanna miss out on this game because of my own fears, video games are about facing your fears!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember that video games are murder simulators, if you fear something in real life you can kill it in a game with no actual danger to yourself!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Considering purchasing nioh despite the spiders. I wanna fuckin do it. The spiders are scary of the scary-rear end variety but god dammit i do not wanna miss out on this game because of my own fears, video games are about facing your fears!!

You played goddamn Bloodborne you can deal with Nioh.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I noticed something pretty fascinating psychology-wise while playing through the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne the one time (that I will never do again). At first I started off as frightened of the spiders as I usually am, but over time I grew almost annulled to the fear of them. I would see them hanging from the ceiling and go "ew", but I wouldn't want to shut off the game immediately.

To this day I still believe that's the only reason I was able to finish them, I saw and fought SO MANY SPIDERS in such a short time that I grew almost used to seeing them. Occasionally I would open a closed door and there'd be 10 spiders on the other side and I would freak the gently caress out but drawing them one-on-one or rushing into a group to beat up the bell lady spawning them became not only possible, but feasible! I tried again several weeks later and was back to the shut-the-game-off instinct. Very interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

I saw the new yugioh movie

it was lol

We had a good time laughing at it because it was just a bunch of dumb bullshit all the way through lol

also Joey pulled one of these faces during it and I laughed cause it is terrifying

That face has been photoshopped onto a million things and it is amazing every time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It is done :hai:

Someone who's played it tell me when the spiders come in so I know when to anticipate their arrival.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlIM2FiMGw

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

It is done :hai:

Someone who's played it tell me when the spiders come in so I know when to anticipate their arrival.

I'm on mission 3 and still haven't seen them, so you can rest easy for a while at least.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I noticed something pretty fascinating psychology-wise while playing through the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne the one time (that I will never do again). At first I started off as frightened of the spiders as I usually am, but over time I grew almost annulled to the fear of them. I would see them hanging from the ceiling and go "ew", but I wouldn't want to shut off the game immediately.

To this day I still believe that's the only reason I was able to finish them, I saw and fought SO MANY SPIDERS in such a short time that I grew almost used to seeing them. Occasionally I would open a closed door and there'd be 10 spiders on the other side and I would freak the gently caress out but drawing them one-on-one or rushing into a group to beat up the bell lady spawning them became not only possible, but feasible! I tried again several weeks later and was back to the shut-the-game-off instinct. Very interesting.

I had a similar experience with the game Trilby's Notes, a freeware horror adventure game by Yahtzee. The game has a gimmick of switching between the normal world and dark world, where dark world is all silent hill style blood and gore and rust everywhere and normal world is, well, normal, except you occasionally get hallucinations of horrifying things in the normal world. At the start of the game, I was really afraid to go into the dark world and I would take the pills any chance I could to keep myself from going into the dark world but by the end of the game, I had become more accustomed to the dark world and, in fact, preferred being there to being in the normal world since the (imo) scarier hallucinations didn't happen in the dark world. It was easier for me to handle seeing gore everywhere than it was to walk into a room and find myself in a completely different game, or find that every interaction has been replaced with "it hurts" repeated over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those horror adventure games yahtzee made were really good. Well, except that last one. That one was stupid.

• Locked thread