Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

when is trump gonna be hit in the head with a chair while the ref ain't looking

he'll take another stone cold stunner outside the ring at the white house correspondents summerslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ActuallyHabibi/status/829218288437690368

Lol Oklahoma

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he'll take another stone cold stunner outside the ring at the white house correspondents summerslam

it's gonna be jeff Dunham

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tweet deleted my man.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Tweet deleted my man.
not deleted. the tweets are protected

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh well it was a list of what each state has googled the most since the election. Oregon was "punching Nazis," and Oklahoma was "what is NATO"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/829019099808276480

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Last paragraph is key

I think so too. I feel like they'll try to wash their hands of responsibility for whats happening when Trump is through. Without quickly tying Republicans to everything just as firmly as Trump is they'll prob succeed on blaming him for the worst aspects :(

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/829008961550553093

uh-huh

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

a doctor who is bad at math

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

She really needs to stop huffing diethyl mercury.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ive only heard about jefferson and eisenhower out of these

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Lemme tell you about Mr. Polk seeing as he's one of the three TN presidents. He was elected on the general promise to annex Texas and ensure the Oregon territory was a part of the US. He did this by instigating the Mexican-American war that saw us grab most of the west. He then bullied the UK by threatening a war over setting the border at 54°40'. This was not too long after the Napoleonic wars had finally been put to bed and the UK really wasn't interested so they caved pretty quickly. Fulfilling all his campaign promises(*) he then quit after one term and went home to die of cholera a few months later.
I think he also relaxed some tariffs or something idk I haven't read about him in years. He was poo poo though.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Serious lol that you don't remember Wilson though. He founded the league of nations.
Also virulently racist

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wilson ended up not being super widely remembered internationally, which would be sad if he hadn't also been a super gung-ho racist

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Wilson ended up not being super widely remembered internationally, which would be sad if he hadn't also been a super gung-ho racist

That surprises me actually since sure he wasn't a major player in WW1 he was important to the fledging internationalists project

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the paradigm shift posted:

Serious lol that you don't remember Wilson though. He founded the league of nations.
Also virulently racist
serious lol if you don't know about the political life of zigfrīds anna meierovics in the smallest of details

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemme tell you about Mr. Polk seeing as he's one of the three TN presidents. He was elected on the general promise to annex Texas and ensure the Oregon territory was a part of the US. He did this by instigating the Mexican-American war that saw us grab most of the west. He then bullied the UK by threatening a war over setting the border at 54°40'. This was not too long after the Napoleonic wars had finally been put to bed and the UK really wasn't interested so they caved pretty quickly. Fulfilling all his campaign promises(*) he then quit after one term and went home to die of cholera a few months later.
I think he also relaxed some tariffs or something idk I haven't read about him in years. He was poo poo though.
:911:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

did just see american troops buying lunch in the local supermarket :patriot:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

serious lol if you don't know about the political life of zigfrīds anna meierovics in the smallest of details

Did he lead a country while it sucked most of the wealth out of Europe and found the predecessor to the UN? That's why I was surprised, nothing against you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Did he lead a country while it sucked most of the wealth out of Europe and found the predecessor to the UN? That's why I was surprised, nothing against you.
nah, he was our first minister of foreign affairs and did bust his rear end to get the first independent latvia recognized de iure

as you might imagine, league of nations was mostly irrelevant to us, and hence isn't something discussed to a capacity greater than "by the way"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh, I know this one--slew a dragon to rescue Brunhilda.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't have a lisp

you can thank LA's terrible infrastructure as the only reason you havent been pushed in front of a train

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pet island is dead

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Nuh uh it is not dead it went to the rainbow forums farm to play with the other not-dead subforums.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Pet island is dead

https://youtu.be/iGpZ9xaQLYQ

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/MehreenKhn/status/829076146620887044

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you're a teacher and your grading scale is set up so that the best grade anyone could hope for is a C+, it doesn't make you some inspirational teacher who challenges students to push themselves. it just makes you a dick.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
thanks for your keen pedagogical insight, volkerball

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cease to Hope posted:

thanks for your keen pedagogical insight, volkerball

The gently caress did you just call me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

The gently caress did you just call me
an idiot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

another day, another tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829356871848951809

looking forward to trade sanctions against every store chain that pulled ivanka's apparel line

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

attn randler, we're getting dsm in 2018

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

attn randler, we're getting dsm in 2018

Explain your acronyms, Balt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Explain your acronyms, Balt
digital single market, eu legislation that essentially forces poo poo like netflix and spotify provide equal coverage for all eu member states

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

digital single market, eu legislation that essentially forces poo poo like netflix and spotify provide equal coverage for all eu member states

I believe it when I see it. Due to the inherent territoriality of IP regimes I assume there will either be big exceptions or the EU will tighten first sale/exhaustion principles. And I have my doubts if they are willing to do the latter even after the Ancestral Enemy Of Good Policy has brexited.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I believe it when I see it. Due to the inherent territoriality of IP regimes I assume there will either be big exceptions or the EU will tighten first sale/exhaustion principles. And I have my doubts if they are willing to do the latter even after the Ancestral Enemy Of Good Policy has brexited.
i imagine at first they'll leave all the same, but stop blocking europeans in other countries viewing domestic content, so you'll need vpn just for the one-time registrations

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

This is great news!

For anti-imperialism!:downs:

• Locked thread