Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!
The Penn State juggernaut fresh off a lose to Rutgers giving another opponent all they can handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

french toast posted:

The Penn State juggernaut fresh off a lose to Rutgers giving another opponent all they can handle.

Not over yet, but if PSU can get 1 more free throw that should do it. Oh, Maryland...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Here is a pretty good article on why Georgia Tech is playing D2 Tusculum tonight, including what life on the road is like for a D2 school, why it is an exhibition game for them but not for GT, and how little was expected of Pastner this year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Oh poo poo underhanded free throws own

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Texas Longhorn. God bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

So will it be the Cyclones that beat Kansas or the Cyclones that lost to Vandy tonight? We shall see!

It's gonna be the one that lost to Vandy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's over; northwestern will not make the tournament

don't let your best player get mono

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
lol 20 loving years of MSU clowning on Michigan and taunting endlessly, and the one time a Michigan player shows emotion in that entire span they instantly get a tech

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Alabama @ South Carolina in 4OT.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
God willing this will be the game that finally kills Tom Izzo and also somehow Bo Ryan dies too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

never try

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hate this dumb loving sport

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern loses 1 game and they're eliminated from the tournament, but indiana can lose like 85 consecutive games and be an 11 seed, it doesn't make sense

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Illinois should beat the mighty Northwestern Wildcats.

I'm way more excited about this than I should be. No excuse to lose to the nerds in the north.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Illinois is still not a good basketball team but a win is a win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

see you fuckers in the NIT

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tom Izzo is gonna lose the will to live tonight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

see you fuckers in the NIT

I remember when my team could reliably make the NIT. You don't miss things like that until they're gone.

Oh Jesus Christ I'm reminiscing about Frank Haith.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hey izzo go gently caress yourself lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

hey izzo go gently caress yourself lol

I think I turned that game off in 47 minutes of real time, which has to be a record for me in any sport.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

Yea pretty much. I know inconsistency is the name of the game in college basketball, but ISU is getting ridiculous this season with the ups and downs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

God NC State is bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we might still lose but I love this Iowa team so much. Great bounce back game for Jok

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa player called timeout loud enough to be heard on TV, got tied up with a guy out of bounds, and the refs called a jump ball that gave Minnesota the ball. Big Ten officiating!!!

We're definitely gonna lose in OT too, ugh

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 9, 2017

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

MourningView posted:

Iowa player called timeout loud enough to be heard on TV, got tied up with a guy out of bounds, and the refs called a jump ball that gave Minnesota the ball. Big Ten officiating!!!

We're definitely gonna lose in OT too, ugh

It's been bad both ways, Jok should have fouled out a while ago and the refs just called a foul on the wrong Minnesota player, causing him to foul out. I agree with you on the tie up being out of bounds, though I thought there was a rule change about not being able to call verbal timeouts a few years ago - maybe I'm thinking of something else?

Edit: Bad offensive foul call against Iowa just now too, though maybe too late to matter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The other stuff all happened after Iowa would have already won in regulation if they hadn't hosed up the jump ball soooo

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

this is a preemptive "gently caress purdue" because i won't be posting on here later

gene keady is cool that he's retired though

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
here's what happened in the first half

*purdue has the ball in the post*
*purdue player makes a move*
*IU player hacks the arms of the purdue player*
*IU player promptly puts his arms straight up*
*refs call foul*
*LOUD BOOOOOOOOS*
*crean walks 4 feet out on the court pacing, panting*
*Thomas Bryant throws his arms up, incredulously*

purdue may lose this game but my God i am so happy i am not an IU fan, lol

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Lol at that double foul call. What a loving cop out - looked like a foul on Bryant to me

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Vitale constantly talking about how great a coach Crean is - lol

Good road win for Purdue, they're pretty tough when good Vince Edwards shows up

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ColdBlooded posted:

Lol at that double foul call. What a loving cop out - looked like a foul on Bryant to me

it was a textbook charge. total chickenshit.

doesn't matter, purdue won

hey tom crean, you're a loving loser. lol!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jay Bilas's Bill Walton impression was loving great. I know he's a Dukie but Jay Bilas rules.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
gently caress Duke

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

How does one get enjoyment out of Wisconsin basketball? Do Wisconsin students actually enjoy watching this?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

JESUS CHRIST DILLON BROOKS

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

How does one get enjoyment out of Wisconsin basketball? Do Wisconsin students actually enjoy watching this?

I'm enjoying Isiah Roby clown them right now :getin:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wichita State is playing ominously well lately.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This dunk: https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/829898637912190977

Dillon Brooks is on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WE'RE GOING TO OT IN LINCOLN :stare:

• Locked thread