Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
And Clownpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Clownpiece is so good, it literally didn't occur to her to be bad until the other fairies suggested it.

In summary, Clownpiece is good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A wild Eirin appears, and she's smug as gently caress!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Clownpiece is so good, it literally didn't occur to her to be bad until the other fairies suggested it.

Hecatia raised her well. Hopefully her plan of giving Clownpiece a life away from the horrors of Hell won't backfire though, because the 3 Fairies of Light are looking to be a bad influence. :ohdear:

Also, Eirin needs to stop getting so smug on behalf of Lunarians. She's doing a really bad job of acting like a Earthling.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hecatia raised her well. Hopefully her plan of giving Clownpiece a life away from the horrors of Hell won't backfire though, because the 3 Fairies of Light are looking to be a bad influence. :ohdear:

Also, Eirin needs to stop getting so smug on behalf of Lunarians. She's doing a really bad job of acting like a Earthling.

When you're with someone who knows who she is, the act isn't really needed now, is it?

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Akyuu is really smart

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Thanks Clarste (and anyone else involved in translating)

The bit where Clownpiece claims to be the 'strongest' fairy: I wonder whether they chose the wording to intentionally ape the Cirno reference/meme, or whether it was coincidental.

I also like it that Mamizou is getting cocky and careless - she's been smug as hell lately as is overdue a fall

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Needs more Reimu hitting Clownpiece on the head.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Reimu is so cool

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I see Eiki got promoted if her character title means anything (which it probably doesn't)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

iospace posted:

When you're with someone who knows who she is, the act isn't really needed now, is it?

Look, Reisen (and maybe Kaguya too I guess? She doesn't show up enough) has fully embraced being from Earth instead of the Moon, and considers herself an Earth rabbit even when talking to people who know who she is. Eirin could learn from this attitude since the Moon sucks and is the worst.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Y'know, it doesn't really add up. Why does Mamizou want humans to to like Baketanuki? The whole point of the village is to provide humans so that Youkai can feed off of their fear.

And also the humans themselves, but good luck seeing that in 2hu.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

WarpedNaba posted:

Y'know, it doesn't really add up. Why does Mamizou want humans to to like Baketanuki? The whole point of the village is to provide humans so that Youkai can feed off of their fear.

It's not fear they need, it's belief. The modern world stopped believing in youkai.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

If it was just belief and not fear, youkai would be a great deal more open and chummy in their dealings.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

If it was just belief and not fear, youkai would be a great deal more open and chummy in their dealings.

I mean, they do still eat people.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tigey posted:

The bit where Clownpiece claims to be the 'strongest' fairy: I wonder whether they chose the wording to intentionally ape the Cirno reference/meme, or whether it was coincidental.

Didn't they already do the whole "I'm the strongest!" "No, I'M the strongest!" routine back in the Cirno chapter? But Clownpiece pretty regularly proclaims herself to be the strongest fairy, I think.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well, she deserves the title.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I see Eiki got promoted if her character title means anything (which it probably doesn't)

Pretty sure her title always alternates between "Highest Judge of Hell" and "Highest Judge of Heaven".

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Mighty Dicktron posted:

for someone whose de facto title is Four Seasons Utsuhime SA Grand Theft Auto San Andreas MOD, I don't think a promotion exists that can bestow something better.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

WarpedNaba posted:

And also the humans themselves, but good luck seeing that in 2hu.

Danzaburou was deified in Sado as a helpful Bakedanuki.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Hokuto posted:

Actually, she is the worst.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Big fan of Lil' White.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

You Carry lookin' good.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Notorious Ly-Pri and A.L. ICE in the club

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Chur No: 9 looks kinda outta place, though.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I'm a fan of Ran DMC

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
https://twitter.com/jokanhiyou/status/823691888762859520

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Oh hey, I helped smooth out the translations on a couple of those on Danbooru. "Give colour you see" was a weird one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Merch

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2017/02/01/nendoroid-yuuka-kazami-touhou-project/

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

WarpedNaba posted:

Oh hey, I helped smooth out the translations on a couple of those on Danbooru. "Give colour you see" was a weird one.

Is the Chinese as nonsensical as the English translations?Mya guess was the artist always just slammed the subtitles in Google Translate and called it a day.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
It's mostly Chinese internet memes. I think they're supposed to be reaction images.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Is the Chinese as nonsensical as the English translations?Mya guess was the artist always just slammed the subtitles in Google Translate and called it a day.

The translation the artist used was lovely (Hell, half of them went with 'Too long, I don't translate') but yeah, they're mostly Chinese memes and homophone jokes.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Nook
Jan 27, 2015