Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Only thing I'd ask to add is to maybe show the party at the start of the farming run.

Highwang - Got a Pig Head and a spine in #1 and #2
Single attack the 60% Prot pig head.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You now have the best Arbalest trinket in the game.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
Watching this LP makes me wish I wasn't so damned broke. I'd love to play this game.

Therefore, I must live vicariously through it and I note that my vestal hasn't done much lately. :colbert:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I watched Videodrome thanks to you guys talking about it. Definitely an overall mediocre movie but the practical effects are top notch. This scene at the end of the movie is almost up to the The Thing in terms of quality, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa1IKLIGdaw

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Highwang doesn't lead an adventuring team, he leads a catering firm :v:

(Speaking of which still surprised you haven't streamed space food truck yet, at least not that I know of)

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Nalesh posted:

(Speaking of which still surprised you haven't streamed space food truck yet, at least not that I know of)

I saw that. Looks neat, but budget is tight nowadays now that Nier: Automata, Zelda BotW, Resi7 and my guilty pleasure Disgaea 2 looming/Out.

I'm gonna go broke this year.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Maybe if you spent less money on real food :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 31, 2017

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Nalesh posted:

But the HUNGER PROCS, man!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Highwang posted:

Disgaea 2 is looming/Out.

Wait, already? Sweet!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Of all the things I thought I'd see in a horror game, a fanged, improbably-prolapsed anus was not among them.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Silence, heretic. Not buying more food is never the answer. :colbert:

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 1, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LashLightning posted:

Of all the things I thought I'd see in a horror game, a fanged, improbably-prolapsed anus was not among them.

Easily one of the most horrifying enemies in existence.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Reactions, in order:

1) Yes! Go forth, my avatar! Engage in the world's least necessary critical hits! (Seriously, a 34 damage crit on a 3 HP ghoul. So good.)

2) I shouted 'GOOD' at the screen a second before Chitlin did when you said you were bringing Hew. (But seriously, bring an Abomination to the Flesh sometime, it rips that thing to shreds. Rend starts out at over 100% damage and caps at over 200% damage, by which time the Flesh should be drat near dead.)

3) Looks like the Ancestor ran into Something Offal!
...I'll see myself out now.

4) hahahahaha oh man the Flesh decided to bring its A-game for this one. I'm a little sad you didn't lose another Vestal, though.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

vdate posted:

Reactions, in order:

1) Yes! Go forth, my avatar! Engage in the world's least necessary critical hits! (Seriously, a 34 damage crit on a 3 HP ghoul. So good.)

2) I shouted 'GOOD' at the screen a second before Chitlin did when you said you were bringing Hew. (But seriously, bring an Abomination to the Flesh sometime, it rips that thing to shreds. Rend starts out at over 100% damage and caps at over 200% damage, by which time the Flesh should be drat near dead.)

3) Looks like the Ancestor ran into Something Offal!
...I'll see myself out now.

4) hahahahaha oh man the Flesh decided to bring its A-game for this one. I'm a little sad you didn't lose another Vestal, though.

Vdate actually brought a full-health ghoul to 3hp. The math may be a bit off, but if he didn't have Torn Rotator(or whatever the -5% melee quirk is) I think he could've one-shot it.

Rake actually starts out doing 60% damage to two targets, and "revving it up" only goes up to three buffs due to how buff duration works in this game. Each use of Rake buffs it 15-25% each use, which winds up becoming 105-135% damage across the board. Now that's not bad at all, especially when you're doing roughly 128% damage at two targets, but I don't generally like the wind-up time. On the Flesh though it certainly has its uses, but RNG can stuff him if say two spines or two heads appear in that range.

I did want to use Abom vs The Flesh, but with who I had available I would be taking a holy unit. I used to be a bit hesitant on Aboms but they are a solid unit honestly.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Aboms are decent units but become awesome units if the proc a virtue.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Highwang posted:

Rake actually starts out doing 60% damage to two targets, and "revving it up" only goes up to three buffs due to how buff duration works in this game. Each use of Rake buffs it 15-25% each use, which winds up becoming 105-135% damage across the board. Now that's not bad at all, especially when you're doing roughly 128% damage at two targets, but I don't generally like the wind-up time. On the Flesh though it certainly has its uses, but RNG can stuff him if say two spines or two heads appear in that range.

I admit, I'm using 0-prot target math, but my thinking was:
Each stack of the Rake buff adds 15% damage, (thus +15/30/45% for one/two/three stacks. For the sake of my sanity I'm assuming just a rank 1 Rake here).
On the first use (thus no stacks), Rake does 60% damage to two targets. On the Flesh, that's 120% base damage total, since that 60% is dealt to each target independently.
Second use (one stack): 75% damage to two targets, 150% base damage to the Flesh.
Third use (two stacks): 90% base damage to two targets, 180% base damage to the Flesh.
Fourth use (three stacks) 105% base damage to two targets, 210% base damage to the Flesh.

Now, all this assumes that damage multipliers from bonuses and ability modifiers and whatnot stack additively and not multiplicatively, so if that's not the case then my math explodes. Doing the scratchpad math suggests that multiplicatively stacking modifiers mean 120%/138%/156%/174% damage total for 0/1/2/3 stacks. (That is, 0.6 times 1/1.15/1.3/1.45. I'm pretty sure the Rake buff stacks with itself additively because the tooltip says it does.)

However! There's an important addendum to this: the Abomination transforming grants an overall damage bonus in and of itself. At rank 1/2/3/4/5 of Transform it's a +10/14/18/21/21% damage increase on top of that. Assuming additive stacking and a rank 1 Transform (for the sake of my sanity) that's 140/170/200/230% damage total for 0/1/2/3 stacks; assuming multiplicative stacking it's 122/152/172/191%.

(all numerical information is from the DD wiki, so it's entirely possible I may be working from faulty numbers here.)

vdate fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 2, 2017

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Oh man - I've just had THAT event happen! That was stressful for me as well as the poor suckers who volunteered!
Can't wait till it's shown off in this run...

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Hello folks, this friday's update is gonna be delayed a spell because I binge-played D&D this week like a responsible adult. In the meantime I have like 8 journal entries that we've picked up for the LP so I think that's an appropriate enough reason to show them off. These form a series of 4 stories based on previous events and give a little bit more atmosphere to the game but not much and I also have to sac a gold/relic stack for them so enjoy!

Once I get more I'll try to keep updating this post. Only issue is that I gotta figure out which one is the new one in the Ancestor's Statue and I honestly don't know if they tell you which one's new so woops.

Journal of Daruis the Highwayman

The Blackest of Fates

A Trampled Journal

Blood-Soaked Pages, Torn from a Journal

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so I have a save file where I have all of the diary pages collected (it took a few sacrificial lambs into the ruins to grind for pages). I could post them if you want to forego the grind

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

double nine posted:

so I have a save file where I have all of the diary pages collected (it took a few sacrificial lambs into the ruins to grind for pages). I could post them if you want to forego the grind

If you can fill the gaps that'd be wonderful, mainly because of how unreliable it is to get pages even despite the buffed drop rate.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Only the missing ones below:

The Journal of Darius The Highwayman

The Blackest of Fates

A Trampled Journal

Blood-soaked pages from a journal

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 46: -196% Damage

Today, Skippy Granola returns as we take on the Prophet on Veteran Mode. Also, a hero makes his stunning return at the end of the video. Welcome back Tuxedo Ted/Lucien

A couple things to note with this episode though. For one, Debuffs are great against the Prophet because any -Damage and -ACC buffs directly affect the gimmick of this fight, leading to his rubble missing way more often or just doing no damage whatsoever. This is a great way to trivialize the boss when you start understanding the mechanics of this game.

Another, more important thing of note: Buffs & Debuffs work slightly different than I expected. I mentioned buffs/debuffs only lasting 3 turns typically, but that's only because with only one character doing said duty, that's how much of the buff he can stack before the first actual buff starts fading off. In theory, there is no hard cap on how many buff/debuff/dot stacks can go on a target, but there is a soft cap of 3*heroes applying said circumstance, which would be at most 11 turns of a buff/debuff when we consider the first one cycling away. This leads to stupid circumstances, such as the crowning achievement of (I believe) -196% Damage debuff at one point against the Prophet and the Bone General, effectively hamstringing them.

This leads me to a theory I have for the dumbest build ever:
-3x Plague Doctors, all applying Emboldening Vapors, resulting in +225%~+297% damage
-1x Leper, applying 2x revenge before attacking for +50-70% damage

End result: A leper with roughly +270-360% attack modifier. If he hits, and if he survives long enough. Probably wont work, but I hope to find a day where it can work.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Highwang posted:

-3x Plague Doctors, all applying Emboldening Vapors, resulting in +225%~+297% damage

End result: A leper with roughly +270-360% attack modifier. If he hits, and if he survives long enough. Probably wont work, but I hope to find a day where it can work.

I believe at one point someone did this and one-shot the final boss with a crit. That was several patches ago, no idea if it's still possible.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I feel like at -190% damage, the enemies' attacks should heal you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Highwang posted:

This method allows you to cheese a certain boss whose gimmick only activates twice.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

About the resurrection event, I think it can happen an unlimited amount per game, but it's just very rare, as I've gotten it twice on one save file.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Samovar posted:

I feel like at -190% damage, the enemies' attacks should heal you.

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought this.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Hey everyone, Radiant Mode is out on public testing branch and I might test it out on a stream tonight!

[Hysterical laughter echoes in the distance]

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
So we can be guaranteed you'll be bringing 4 stacks now, for no reason then?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really like Never Again as a status but I can see why people don't care for it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Highwang posted:

[Hysterical laughter echoes in the distance]

Wait I'm confused. Does it mean in normal mode? That's fuckin' hilarious.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
EDIT:

It's all in the context of Radiant Mode, even the sub-points, pretty sure.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 8, 2017

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Except for the deck-based stagecoach which explicitly states otherwise.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
No hunger procs? Welp, guess who's bringing exactly enough to camp with and no more.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Lazy Bear posted:

No hunger procs? Welp, guess who's bringing exactly enough to camp with and no more.

What sucks though is now a full food stack is 6.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LordGugs posted:

Eh, minor i think. Either just bring 8 (for 2x ration camp), or mod the inventory.txt file to increase the stack limits. I did that with a few things, mostly because the grind you get is partially forced on low inventory stack limits where you have to choose between x or y (and I don't consider that choice to be a compelling one considering it is entirely grind oriented, give up the gold or the artifacts etc..)

White Coke
May 29, 2015

LordGugs posted:

Only in Radiant Mode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sloober posted:

Eh, minor i think. Either just bring 8 (for 2x ration camp), or mod the inventory.txt file to increase the stack limits. I did that with a few things, mostly because the grind you get is partially forced on low inventory stack limits where you have to choose between x or y (and I don't consider that choice to be a compelling one considering it is entirely grind oriented, give up the gold or the artifacts etc..)
I wouldn't bother modding, sacrificing the two slots for a camp's worth of food is worthwhile when you consider that it's all you have to worry about, and those two slots are free afterwards. When you get into a long mission with two camps, you need three stacks, and that's a bit troublesome, but it just incentivizes you to camp early to free up one of the slots before your inventory gets too full.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

One of the new baddies is called a squiffy ghast.

That's brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

One of the new baddies is called a squiffy ghast.

That's brilliant.

I'm afraid I don't get it.

• Locked thread