Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Shredder posted:

I use nvenc in OBS, it didn't matter with this title. Even with everything else closed it was totally CPU bound, all 4 cores were maxed at 100% all of the time.

My GTX1080 was sleeping through it.

That's odd..

My CPU/GPU usage was bouncing around in the 75-100% range while I played. Neither stayed maxed but would just peak on occasion.

I did have some hiccups where the game would just inexplicably pause for a few seconds and my monitor would show 0% gpu usage for those few seconds (whole computer would pause, not just the game) and then kick back up to speed like nothing happened. Didn't seem to effect multiplayer too much and really only happened in vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I mean, hell, I'd never think I'll say this, but World of Tanks is a better racing game than Wildlands.

Chaffee for life

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

GTA V has basically perfect vehicle feel and should be the standard other open world games are judged by.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Shredder posted:

Also, why is there no G36 in this game
Actually some enemies in the off map areas actually carried G36Cs, but there is a possibility that weapon is actually cut from the final game because the gun had no proper model in the player's hands, and of course it was never listed in the weapon list.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

Shredder posted:

Also, why is there no G36 in this game

there is

that one mission where you had to infiltrate dad i saw a g36 dropped on the ground but got horribly murdered before i could snag it for myself

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Can you shoot through wood walls and doors in this game? It looks like the ballistics for this game were modeled on paintballs so I kind of doubt it, but I'm curious.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tumble posted:

Can you shoot through wood walls and doors in this game? It looks like the ballistics for this game were modeled on paintballs so I kind of doubt it, but I'm curious.

There is some penetration, I witnessed my friend shoot a guy through a brick wall with the humvee mounted minigun. But I have also had my sniper rifle shots blocked by thin walls.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

Tumble posted:

mostly? seems rather arbitrary, i believe we had some people extremely mad about bulletproof chain link fences

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What I'm saying is that you can easily get used to the helicopter controls for the purpose of just quickly moving around.

Much harder to shoot with them though (at least I found)

Game isn't too bad but it's not good either from what I could play.
Weirdly, vehicle physics and onfoot feel aside, I got annoyed by the whole "help the rebels" story side, somehow it seems every single game has to have rebels lately.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SA_Avenger posted:

Weirdly, vehicle physics and onfoot feel aside, I got annoyed by the whole "help the rebels" story side, somehow it seems every single game has to have rebels lately.

Yeah agreed on the rebels part too

I don't want help , I don't want these people showing whenever I get into a gun fight and 'helping', hell the first thing I asked when I loaded in was can I turn off the ai team mates

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010
good news, they're spooky scary commies so you'll probably have to tactically murder them as well at some point

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SA_Avenger posted:

Tbh I like the "help the rebels" in this context. Its like a hollywood version of what Army Special Forces do

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

You're giving advice for a game that is almost 9 years old. Most of us have moved on. It's not that we couldn't handle the driving, it's just that we didn't like it.
Same advice works for this game and Watch_Dogs 2. Even with GTA 5 pretty much being the gold standard you still need to slow down and keep away from that handbrake when speeding through streets unless you want to plough head-first into mailboxes and street lights all the time.

I never really got into a gun-fire car-chase in the beta, no missions had a chase and Dad was pretty easy to lose. Closest I had was that Convoy and wow the AI is bad at shooting cars, on foot (when ordered to shoot) they're terminators but from a car window?

Worst driving in recent memory is Just Cause 3, that takes the cake. The not-tank cars in that were just... wow.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
You know what would've been great is if the vehicle physics would just let you roll the drat car/van/truck and then you have to do a co-op minigame to rock the thing back upright

The better you and your buds are at doing the minigame the faster you unflip your turtle. Boom goty

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Croccers posted:

Same advice works for this game and Watch_Dogs 2. Even with GTA 5 pretty much being the gold standard you still need to slow down and keep away from that handbrake when speeding through streets unless you want to plough head-first into mailboxes and street lights all the time.

I never really got into a gun-fire car-chase in the beta, no missions had a chase and Dad was pretty easy to lose. Closest I had was that Convoy and wow the AI is bad at shooting cars, on foot (when ordered to shoot) they're terminators but from a car window?

Worst driving in recent memory is Just Cause 3, that takes the cake. The not-tank cars in that were just... wow.

JC3 really disappointed me with its poo poo performance and wonky vehicles. GTAV is heaven to drive around in though, scandi flick through corners erry day

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

hug a mexican posted:

good news, they're spooky scary commies so you'll probably have to tactically murder them as well at some point

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 2: Remember Those Rebels You Helped?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands: Another Settlement Rebel Encampment Needs Our Help

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

El Jebus posted:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 2: Remember Those Rebels You Helped?

now you get to help the santa blanca cartel topple them before they have the chance to win the elections!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I enjoyed the closed beta but probably not as much as this guy:

:v:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

World War Z DLC confirmed. (I hate this movie so much)

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Pilchenstein posted:

Man, a grenade there would have been great.

What's the scoop on the open beta rumors? Think they will fix all the poo poo we've complained about?

I think I might get it even though the driving sucks rear end, just something about taking over outposts that I really enjoy. And the weapon customization is pretty god drat cool.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Shredder posted:

What's the scoop on the open beta rumors? Think they will fix all the poo poo we've complained about?

It seems kinda close to release but betas are just glorified demos these days so it sounds plausible.

quote:

I think I might get it even though the driving sucks rear end, just something about taking over outposts that I really enjoy. And the weapon customization is pretty god drat cool.

I think I'm going to get it too, just to screw around with the eye tracking support it's supposed to have. Just waiting for Green Man Gaming to have a 20-25% off preorder. I think I'm ready for another open world, take over everything game, it's been awhile for me.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pilchenstein posted:

I had it better (but with no video).

We had two jeeps do that but I was in an armed helicopter and hovering just above the road when it happened.

I made it to level 90. Did anyone else? :P

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

LCL-Dead posted:

I had it better (but with no video).

We had two jeeps do that but I was in an armed helicopter and hovering just above the road when it happened.

I made it to level 90. Did anyone else? :P
:discourse:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ubisoft confirmed there will be an open beta but haven't said what date. Speculation is the weekend before launch, like Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor did.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Obsurveyor posted:

Ubisoft confirmed there will be an open beta but haven't said what date. Speculation is the weekend before launch, like Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor did.

That's kind of what I assumed as well. So that's in like two weeks?

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Pilchenstein posted:

I'd be really curious what kind of state the application has to be in to reproduce this bug. I'm no game developer, but how could the code call an algorithm to spawn hundreds of enemies at once based on damage dealt to an NPC? On the other hand, I didn't see a noticeable frame rate drop so maybe the performance of the game isn't too terrible?

I'm very much looking forward to this game, even if the driving is terrible. I think I've successfully managed to get 3 buddies to buy it on release so hopefully they won't hate me 3 hours into the game.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Severed posted:

I'd be really curious what kind of state the application has to be in to reproduce this bug. I'm no game developer, but how could the code call an algorithm to spawn hundreds of enemies at once based on damage dealt to an NPC?

The enemy appears to have been killed in the car at possibly the same moment he was getting out. If they do something like swap a riding guy with an on foot guy and there's some finalizer the car version is supposed to call in the spawner because it's written in a tangled way but the guy in the car is deallocated then maybe the spawner just runs every frame forever.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
For those that played the beta: are you able to sync shot with AI teammates and no hud assuming you know the button presses and wait for audio cues? I imagine I'll want to play this game pretty slowly from time to time (which will make coop difficult to pug) and so am curious about the single player experience with the ai. Seems the consensus is they're pretty underwhelming but if I can sync shot with no hud I figure that's pretty good.

If there are any PS4 krew that are looking for squad mates I'm eagerly awaiting the open beta: BurleighHead. Would be great to squad up for shenanigans.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Saboteur posted:

For those that played the beta: are you able to sync shot with AI teammates and no hud assuming you know the button presses and wait for audio cues? I imagine I'll want to play this game pretty slowly from time to time (which will make coop difficult to pug) and so am curious about the single player experience with the ai. Seems the consensus is they're pretty underwhelming but if I can sync shot with no hud I figure that's pretty good.

If there are any PS4 krew that are looking for squad mates I'm eagerly awaiting the open beta: BurleighHead. Would be great to squad up for shenanigans.
Should be doable, AI teammates report on radio when they have locked onto a target for syncshot.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Should be doable, AI teammates report on radio when they have locked onto a target for syncshot.
And when they lose it.
Teammates can provide decent info in a fight, I've noticed.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Saw several news stories over the weekend announcing them bringing two writers on board. Don't know if that was just weirdly timed press releases of old info or if they're going to try and make some big changes.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

Severed posted:

On the other hand, I didn't see a noticeable frame rate drop so maybe the performance of the game isn't too terrible?

the performance was only stuttery when streaming loads of models/textures ie Driving/Flying Really Fast, otherwise it never dipped below 60

this is obviously a "works in my machine" but i reckon there are as always way too many people trying to play this on a gtx970 and going zuh??? why my fips below 30, my luck soooo bad

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I was running it on a 970 and I never had any real issue with frame rate :shrug: I only had a issue on that same thing too.
i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz, 16GB RAM, installed to a SSD.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010

Croccers posted:

installed to a SSD.

you know this might actually make or break it. get ssd's y'all

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Saw several news stories over the weekend announcing them bringing two writers on board. Don't know if that was just weirdly timed press releases of old info or if they're going to try and make some big changes.

Maybe for DLC, it's way too close to release to do anything that involves writers... unless they're going to delay the game.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Well poo poo, now I don't think I'm getting this game. :( Ubisoft added this really awful EasyAntiCheat to Watch Dogs 2 and I'm not sure I'm willing to bet on it not being in Wildlands. No game developer should be installing services and kernel level poo poo into people's computers.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Obsurveyor posted:

Well poo poo, now I don't think I'm getting this game. :( Ubisoft added this really awful EasyAntiCheat to Watch Dogs 2 and I'm not sure I'm willing to bet on it not being in Wildlands. No game developer should be installing services and kernel level poo poo into people's computers.

I understand the sentiment, but its really no different than anti-virus software at this point. I guess cheating in games makes this necessary? I'm willing to give it a shot unless it blue screens my computer.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Just saw on a review video that you can filter matchmaking by those that have mics...that's pretty cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Wildlands is listed on the EAC site so unless people push for it being replaced that's what people are going to have to put up with.

Severed posted:

I understand the sentiment, but its really no different than anti-virus software at this point. I guess cheating in games makes this necessary? I'm willing to give it a shot unless it blue screens my computer.

It's used in For Honor as well, one of my two bluescreens during it's betas was caused by EAC, the other was something breaking when I closed the game.

The Saboteur posted:

Just saw on a review video that you can filter matchmaking by those that have mics...that's pretty cool!

This doesn't seem like the sort of game I'd want to play with anyone but a select few people that would play things similarly to me. I can't imagine how annoying playing it with random folks would be, unless it was just people trying to grab the little convoy things for resources or whatever.

• Locked thread