Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So crit chance set is no bueno?

Also: I've been working on raid teams. Is G9 gonna be able to cut it? Getting 20 dudes to G10 is a pretty daunting task,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

So crit chance set is no bueno?

Also: I've been working on raid teams. Is G9 gonna be able to cut it? Getting 20 dudes to G10 is a pretty daunting task,

Sorry, CC is fantastic. I try to run either that or potency as the second set, depending on the hero, but I usually end up running the primary set (CD, Offense) and then whatever is left that has the fastest speed secondaries...

G9 is kinda on the verge of doing AAT. If you have 3-4 G10 and 1-2 G9, you can do fine, but 5 G9 get stomped pretty hard in my experience. Focus on getting one team at a time to G10, once you have 2 teams there you can really start pulling your weight.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Im sure some others will take issue with many of the choices presented in this database but I've not seen a more comprehensive list of what mods to put on which characters http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

Im sure some others will take issue with many of the choices presented in this database but I've not seen a more comprehensive list of what mods to put on which characters http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

Thanks, I put that in the OP, I knew there was something like it somewhere.

e: UGH, spent 4 mil on an offense set protection plus shaped mod today in the store, which is what I made off the credit heist. It rolled CC once, Potency 3 times, and didn't roll speed once. One of these days I'll get another decent speed mod....

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 8, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Currently lvl 65 and also at a crossroads. My jedi team (Lumi, QGJ, GC, Asoka, AA/5s) has been working pretty well but I know their time is limited and I'm starting to focus on other heroes. I've started on a Rebel team (STH, AA, Lando, Biggs, 1 more) but I'm not seeing the synergy I was hoping for. I'm working on unlocking JKA and Aayla, as well as Boba for my darkside group. Really not sure what to focus on the most though. Being 65 I'm working on ships as well so everything seems to be demanding my limited resources.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Burning_Monk posted:

Currently lvl 65 and also at a crossroads. My jedi team (Lumi, QGJ, GC, Asoka, AA/5s) has been working pretty well but I know their time is limited and I'm starting to focus on other heroes. I've started on a Rebel team (STH, AA, Lando, Biggs, 1 more) but I'm not seeing the synergy I was hoping for. I'm working on unlocking JKA and Aayla, as well as Boba for my darkside group. Really not sure what to focus on the most though. Being 65 I'm working on ships as well so everything seems to be demanding my limited resources.

At that range I had a lot of success using AA (L), Lando, Leia, Biggs and Lumi. I still didn't/don't have STH high enough to make him worth it so you can probably swap Lumi for him if he's good. AA lead's attack-on-special served me well. Around 72ish I started focusing on an Empire team because I was finally getting Vader geared and starred (the free Boba around that time helped).

As far as ships, I only upgraded whatever I needed to hit 100-300 for the 1000/1200 ship resources per day, which is enough to get you 10-15 character pieces per day if you're lucky with the daily rolls.

I'm sure some of the better vets will tell you I'm wrong.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 8, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
You should be able to get Wedge by 65.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Wedge lead on a rebel team is seriously badass. Get wedge as soon as you can.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I could use some guidance, been playing this game for awhile very casually but I just hit 84 and I'm building a collection of 7* gear 8-10 toons but I don't really know where to put my focus. I'll start listing all my 7* toons, I primarily roll with a scoundrel/bounty hunter group with Lando as lead.

Lando - G10
Dengar - G9
QGJ - G8
IG-88 - G9
Biggs - G8
STH - G8
Tarkin - G8
LUM - G8
Boba - G8
RG - G8 (6* but almost to 7)
IG-86 - G8
SID - G8
Rey - G8

I have tons of toons unlocked and many at 5-6*. I'm actively working on Wedge who is at 5* currently cause I know Wiggs is a big combo. But what team builds should I focus on and what can I do with the above to be more competitive? A usual team for me looks like.

Lando (leader)
Boba Fett
STH
IG-88
Dengar

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Okay some good advice, thanks. What empire team should I work on when I get to around 70? Also free Boba? Should I focus on another character if they are going to give him to me for free? I just unlocked Daka so I'm hoping to replace Talia soon in my darksiders.

Unfortunately I have no options to farm Wedge yet but he's definitely on my list as he's good for ships too I hear.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Okay some good advice, thanks. What empire team should I work on when I get to around 70? Also free Boba? Should I focus on another character if they are going to give him to me for free? I just unlocked Daka so I'm hoping to replace Talia soon in my darksiders.

Unfortunately I have no options to farm Wedge yet but he's definitely on my list as he's good for ships too I hear.

You missed the free boba.

Also, guys, please read the OP. Mal has some very good guides in there about character choices and teams.

quote:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Rey, Daka.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: Boba, QGJ, Daka, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, IG-86
Guild Credits: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Jawa Engineer
Ship shipments*: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Wedge

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 8, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Also, guys, please read the OP. Mal has some very good guides in there about character choices and teams.

It definitely helps but I'm asking more about team composition.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

It definitely helps but I'm asking more about team composition.

quote:

Meta Arena Squads
New section here, and I'll try to update it every month or so (if you are reading this and think it's out of date, call me out in chat or PM me). Anyways, here goes. I'm separating heroes into Tier lists so you can get a sense of priority as well. Tier 1 means OP. You can run these heroes at basically any star level and they will improve your team comp (exception: Chirrut. He needs Baze, but Baze doesn't need Chirrut). Please note that the lower their star level, the more gear you'll need to compensate for low health. Tier 2 means that unless a team is only T1 heroes, you'll find these guys in the whaliest of team comps. These guys are generally really good on their own or with others. Tier 3 means you'll find these guys sprinkled into other team comps. QGJ is a perfect example -- he's a solid hero in virtually every aspect of this game, and is great at debuffing. You will still see him in top team comps, but you might see him once in the top 10 of your arena, as compared to Wiggs, who are probably in at least half of your top 10. Tier ? means no one really knows yet. For example, Bistan and Cassian are currently in there. They could be really good, but I don't know anyone that's running them yet.

Tier 1: Baze, Chirrut, Shoretrooper, General Kenobi
Tier 2: EP, TFP, Wiggs, RG, JKA, Vader, STH, K2, Barriss (with Zeta), Rex, Sun Fac, Aayla, B2
Tier 3: QGJ, AA, Lando, K2, Han Solo, Fives, Old Ben, Clones, Droids, JE, Ahsoka, Rey, Daka, EE, Yoda, Jyn
Tier ?: (e.g. newer heroes): Bistan, Cassian

Top Meta Squads:
Wiggs (L), Chaze, +1
EP (L), TFP, +3
Rex (L), +4
GK (L), B2, Aayla, Barriss, Fives
GK (L) Aayla, Fives, Chaze

Sadly, Chaze define the meta right now. If you don't have them, they are supremely hard to beat. Baze on his own is pretty tough to beat, but throw in Chirrut and it's really hard to beat without your own Chaze. Boba is a pretty decent counter (give Chirrut lots of buffs, and then execute), and Ventress is another option (give her lots of speed and just use her debuff). With any of the teams above though, Chaze are the best option.

Empire teams looks like:

Emperor, Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, Royal Guard.

Rebels team looks like:

Lando, Wedge, Biggs, STH, +1 (JKA/Shoretrooper/RG/Rex/etc)

Droid Teams looks like:

HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer +1 (B2/Chief Nebit/K2-SO)

There's also flex toons like Rex who can be used to counter debuff-heavy opponents.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 8, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
From the Reddit:

quote:

Details released on how to obtain Darth Nihilus!!

You will need the following two characters:

Master Card and his Padawan Visa.

Also, if you are having problems getting Nihilus, the Master and his Padawan have a synergy bonus which they can activate called "Credit Limit Increase (Level 8)". This amazing ability will most likely turn the tide and help you get him.

With these two, you can...theoretically get Nihilus to 7* after unlocking him.

quote:

...and here I here I thought you were going to use hyberbole for effect. Nice, accurate post.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

:words: and lots of posts

Thanks, I feel like it's a bit repetitive to just point people to the OP, but it has the answer to about 90% of the questions I see in here.

Popete posted:

I could use some guidance, been playing this game for awhile very casually but I just hit 84 and I'm building a collection of 7* gear 8-10 toons but I don't really know where to put my focus. I'll start listing all my 7* toons, I primarily roll with a scoundrel/bounty hunter group with Lando as lead.

Scoundrels aren't very good as a team comp. Boba has one of the best leader abilities though, and works great to do Boba (L), Wiggs, Lando, STH, or Wedge (L) Biggs, Lando, STH, Boba.
Even at 5*, if you take him to G8/9, Wedge will push you much, much higher. The Wiggs combo is just absurd.

Burning_Monk posted:

Boba is my favorite hero in this game right now, you should be farming him from hard battles and cantina tokens.
For empire, you should be working on your rebel squad. This is not sarcasm, because you need your rebel squad to unlock EP (if you haven't already). You should also be working on Vader, TFP, and RG (Boba makes 5) for what is the current best non-Krooper Empire team. Vader (Zeta Lead) is better but with basically the same toons (and Darth Sidious for the 4x dots).

e:
Here's a handy resource for the current meta
https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

For Rank 1 teams that they have data for (at payout), the top leaders are Vader, Wedge, Boba, Rex, EP, Darth Maul, QGJ, GK, HK, and Lando.
The most used heroes in top 10 squads are Boba, Baze, EP Biggs, Wedge, TFP, Vader, Chirrut, GK, and B2.

The top Rank 1 squads are:
Vader, TFP, Boba, EP, (Shore, B2, Baze)
Wedge Biggs, Chaze, (GK, B2, Boba, Barriss)
HK, JE, 88, 86, B2
QGJ, Aayla, JKA, Yoda, GK
EP, TFP, Boba, B2, Shore
Maul, EP, GK, Chaze

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 8, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
2 month, 6 day trip report:

Here's what I have going: https://swgoh.gg/u/bobdole/collection/

Arena: Consistently hitting rank #30-10 every week since I've played, struggling lately because of gear stoppages for my arena team. Lando will be G8 by tonight with 1 Syringe salvage to go.

Running Lando(L), STH, QGJ, Biggs, will be replacing QGJ with Wedge once I 6* him tomorrow. QGJ was more of a placeholder as he was easy to gear up to VIII but his time alas comes to a end tomorrow when the wonder of Wiggs becomes reality. I was thinking of making Wedge (L) but the speed loss of Lando's leadership will make my Boba quite a lot slower and I need Boba to get that first hit in or else most often it means a potential loss is it worth it?

My mod situation sucks, I've rolled everything but speed mods and it's annoying when I really need to slap as much speed as possible on Boba and STH to make them go first, really hungry for it right now and one of the things holding me back from top #10.

PVE:

Here is who I can activate but can't really gear/level - Rex, Fives, Echo, Cody, JKA, JE. I'm hoping to grab Fives from a bronzium so it unlocks and I use the extra shards to star him instantly.

I'm doing sorta garbage tier damage on raids but still getting #15-25 on the placement. Wedge getting to 6* will help deal more damage on AAT. I need to start really focusing home raiding teams, I think my arena team according to the meta report on GG is certainly viable so i'm more than happy to leave as is. My Empire team is pretty garbage I don't think its even a team? Other than Boba leveled and Shore trooper I don't have anything maxed out like rebels.

Here are my current focuses:

Cantina: Get wedge to 7* ASAP, possibly get B2 next as I cannot get JKA until later on
Cantina Creds: Fives
GW: Teebo, apparently hes kind a big deal in raids? Then IG-86
Ships: Trying to get 5 Emp ships to 5* to begin the zeta challenge asap, throwing in some Darth Maul shards so I can get Scimitar as its supposedly really good?
Arena Cred: I was getting IG-88 but soon apparently there will be another Emp event in March? I stopped IG-88 at 6* to get Ackbar for a full rebel team. My arena plan after him is IG-88/HK-47 to get a droid team going
Guild Cred: JE / Maul / Clones

Team I want to get:

Droids - JE/HK-47/IG-88/IG-86/B2
Clones - Full team (Already technically have but 4 are not activated)
Empire - I have 0 focus here, I don't know what the gently caress other than Boba
Jedi - QJG, JKA, AS, Yoda + 1

Usable teams:

Rebels :toot:

My issue is leveling now I've been unlocking and gathering more chars that I can gear / level consecutively. My arena team has been a #1 priority as those crystals are really vital, can anyone suggest with what I have what I should be focusing on for PVE? Level Clones? Specific raid characters first? Who should I be gearing/leveling as a priority? Any sort of guidance would be welcome.

Also is spending 1400 crystals for things like Syringes worthwhile?

I've been reading the OP since I started playing and I don't think I would of kept playing If I didn't follow most of it.. it was a lifesaver now I'm stuck enjoying this dumb game, thanks.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 9, 2017

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

From the Reddit:

Man I'm dense. I saw "Padawan Visa" and immediately was like "Oh cool! We're getting Visas! She's no Mandalore but she's kinda cool."

Then I read it again.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Is it safe to assume that cantina, arena and GW shipments will never get new useful characters? They haven't added anyone useful since STH a few months ago?

By now most of the level 85 have 1000s of shipments currency. They tried to make us spend some with tournaments and we all saw how it turned out...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

Is it safe to assume that cantina, arena and GW shipments will never get new useful characters? They haven't added anyone useful since STH a few months ago?

By now most of the level 85 have 1000s of shipments currency. They tried to make us spend some with tournaments and we all saw how it turned out...

I think you mean Mace Windu. Other than that, the last big rollout was back in the sumer and contained: Nebit (arena) and Jawa Scav (Cantina). I think it's safe to assume that they'll do this once or twice a year, but don't expect it to be anyone exciting. Spend your tokens on what's useful right now (e.g. credits and ship credits) and if something comes out later that's actually worth it, you can get it then.

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

My issue is leveling now I've been unlocking and gathering more chars that I can gear / level consecutively. My arena team has been a #1 priority as those crystals are really vital, can anyone suggest with what I have what I should be focusing on for PVE? Level Clones? Specific raid characters first? Who should I be gearing/leveling as a priority? Any sort of guidance would be welcome.

Also is spending 1400 crystals for things like Syringes worthwhile?

I've been reading the OP since I started playing and I don't think I would of kept playing If I didn't follow most of it.. it was a lifesaver now I'm stuck enjoying this dumb game, thanks.

My opinion is that you should always focus on PVP first, unless you start slipping and there is no way for you to keep up (e.g. the top 50 people on your server spent a bunch of money and now have 7* Kroopers). You should always work to farm each hero to their max for level -- I know raid gear is a bottleneck, but just keep working through that. You can also start saving up gear they'll need to get from G9 to G10 so that when you get that raid piece, they jump forward in power.

Sounds like you need to farm some mods, would recommend just grinding away on that. It sometimes takes weeks to get one good mod, but one good mod is sometimes all it takes to be faster than the guy you need to beat.

Syringes? Not really. A full furnace for 1400 is a solid deal (contains a syringe), and it's arguable whether a Stun Cuff or Gun is worth 1400 (depends on if you're refreshing at 50 or 100 every day to get it).

e: UGH
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest

quote:

Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events) released through the new event structure for the near future.
The intention behind the new event structure is:
Give new character releases the pomp and circumstance they deserve.
Release new characters more regularly to keep the game fresh.
Get the characters into your hands!
Additionally, for those of you that are able to complete the events and are so inclined to purchase packs, the events will enable you to progress part of the way to their 7 star version for free.
After the end of these events, we are going to wait for approximately four to six week to move the characters to Chromium packs and/or relevant Category packs and/or the Shard Shop (we’re still designing this part of the deployment).
From there, after another four to six weeks characters will move to either a Shipment or a node on the Light, Dark, or Cantina Battle tables
To be clear, all characters from an event will move together at the same time, so Director Krennic and Deathtrooper will both go into the Chromium at the same time (when they move there) AND to the board (when they move there later on).
As such, you can expect any new characters to end up on the board within two to three months.

CG are really trying to milk what they can out of this game before they give up on it. I know there aren't a lot of big spenders in here, but I'd recommend everyone spend nothing on this game.

e2: I extended the quote, and there's something important in there: "aside from some very special characters..." I think this is a hint that we will get a Yoda/EP style Separatist event. I have no clue who it will unlock or anything like that -- but we got the rebel event a month or so before the first EP event, if memory serves. I'd recommend you at least get the shards for some separatists...

My separatists need some love...Guess I should get back to farming those B2 and SF shards...

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 9, 2017

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

e: UGH
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest

CG are really trying to milk what they can out of this game before they give up on it. I know there aren't a lot of big spenders in here, but I'd recommend everyone spend nothing on this game.

e2: I extended the quote, and there's something important in there: "aside from some very special characters..." I think this is a hint that we will get a Yoda/EP style Separatist event. I have no clue who it will unlock or anything like that -- but we got the rebel event a month or so before the first EP event, if memory serves. I'd recommend you at least get the shards for some separatists...

My separatists need some love...Guess I should get back to farming those B2 and SF shards...

On the plus side, at least they are now promising that new chars will go somewhere accessible after 2-3 months. I feel sorry for the idiots that payed 1K for Krooper now though (not really). One would hope they put all the Rogue 1 people in pretty soon.

As for separatists, I have SF, GS, Dooku and B2 all at 85 and with reasonable gear. Not sure who I should work on for the 5th guy though. Thinking Nute, since the rumors are that he will be a future fleet commander.

Speaking of ships, if you got the TIE reaper from the pack, put it in your reinforcements. Its unique still works there, and the enemy capital ship basically will get 2 turns the whole fight, it is great. Their capital ship loses TM when *anyone* dies, on either side, so once you start killing stuff, they don't even get a chance to get a reinforcement out. This works especially well if you can level up the reaper a little to level up its ability.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I legit considered spending a few bucks on this game at one point, I thought "surely they can't be miserly fucks for Black Friday and/or Xmas." Then I saw the specials they were offering, 25% off crystals, and quickly banished any thought of spending real money on this game. I say this as someone who spent hundreds on Planetside 2.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

UGH

This new system seems fine to me. I enjoy being able to 3-4* a character whereas before the entire thing was locked behind a paywall. Especially since not all characters need to be 7* to be usable. It's definitely better than the hacked tournament poo poo. At least they have a plan to move characters over to shipments and nodes eventually.

Also, I am never going to whale a character for a couple hundred. So the fact the price has been raised to 1k is just hilarious to me. Whales being disgusted that people would pay that much is exactly how I feel about their spending. Let them have a taste of why this business model is so egregious. They've done nothing but encourage and support it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
On the other hand, tournament were one of the few places besides arena and GW where you could, y´know, actually play the drat game.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

On the other hand, tournament were one of the few places besides arena and GW where you could, y´know, actually play the drat game.

I did like how it allowed me to test the strength of different team compositions, but the endless sea of Chaze and zetas got old real fast.

I'd be nice if I could fight people in my guild or friends list just to learn more about who works best against what and test a lot of things out.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

I did like how it allowed me to test the strength of different team compositions, but the endless sea of Chaze and zetas got old real fast.

I'd be nice if I could fight people in my guild or friends list just to learn more about who works best against what and test a lot of things out.

Guild tournaments might be fun! Fight everyone in your guild and the winner gets 2 stun cuffs!

I think the new model is good, and it is clearly a sign the prices will be lower. Even the whaliest of the whales won't pay 1K for 3 months of exclusivity.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

On the plus side, at least they are now promising that new chars will go somewhere accessible after 2-3 months. I feel sorry for the idiots that payed 1K for Krooper now though (not really). One would hope they put all the Rogue 1 people in pretty soon.

As for separatists, I have SF, GS, Dooku and B2 all at 85 and with reasonable gear. Not sure who I should work on for the 5th guy though. Thinking Nute, since the rumors are that he will be a future fleet commander.

I do think there are some nice things about this system -- especially if they stick to it (instead of their old model of maybe you'll get a P2W hero in 6-12 months). However, this means they have no intentions of a) Fixing the problem with cheaters -- which does extend past tournaments into arena, or b) reimbursing those of us that barely didn't get something because of cheaters (I think I would have a 5* Advanced Tie and a 4* Chirrut if not for cheaters). While tournaments were kind of a pain, I'd figured out how to work the system and do really well at them. Plus, we all now have a ton of AP and no real uses for it. I mean, I'm not about to spend the next hour opening bronziums, although maybe it could buy me a shard shop droid caller (I seriously haven't gotten any droid caller salvage in over a month and a half -- I built one between shard shop salvage and guild shop purchases)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So because I love clonea i went stupid and have been working on a 4/5 clone team because I dont want to use the clone sgt. Any suggestuons on who would be good to put in the 5th slot?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Lol £55 for a lovely jedi pack jesus loving christ.

Just to put this in perspective, I opened Steam just now on a random Thursday and for that amount of cash I could buy Titan Quest Anniversary edition, Darkest dungeon, Alien Isolation w/all dlc, Cities Skylines deluxe edition, Starbound, and the Batman Telltale series - and STILL have just under a tenner left over.

What a bunch of greedy cunts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

So because I love clonea i went stupid and have been working on a 4/5 clone team because I dont want to use the clone sgt. Any suggestuons on who would be good to put in the 5th slot?

Anakin.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

waah posted:

Boba, or a tank. Baze or shore if you have, otherwise royal guard.

Edit: or B2.

B2 and Boba are good utility characters that don't require any particular synergy to be useful.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 9, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

waah posted:

I'm assuming your plan is Cody lead? Believe it or not, Clone Sergeant is actually pretty deadly in this team -- he has a ton of synergy.
Echo: Whenever another ally uses a basic ability during their turn, Echo has a 60% chance to assist (Clones), dealing 40% less damage. Also, Clone allies recover 7% of their max health whenever they use a basic ability. Can't trigger more than two times before their next turn.
Clone Sergeant: Basic: gain 50% TM on Critical hit. +4.5% CC for each living clone (so 23.5%). Special: AOE that removes TM.
Cody (no Z): Clone allies gain 25% CC, other allies gain half. Cody gains 50% D for each living clone ally and other clones gain half of that. (Z adds 5% CC, 10% Defense, and Clone allies gain 5% max Prot on basic -- this is actually huge). 212th Attack: Call all clones to assist. 40% less damage. Each time an assist crits, reduce CD by 1. Basic: Gain 20% TM, additional if enemy has more than 50% hp, and 20% if enemy has less than 50% TM.

So, what does this mean for Clone Sergeant? Basically, he's going to use his basic a ton, and he's a guaranteed crit for Cody -- which results in a metric fuckton of extra basics.

That said, he's horrible to farm and I understand if you're not convinced. GK would be the best hero, but he's TI exclusive, so...next up you've got JKA and B2 as all around badasses. Normally I'd give the edge to B2 because of his aoe, but you've got Echo to aoe clear buffs. However, the added benefit of BI is pretty nice, and who doesn't want two aoe buff clears? JKA is one of the biggest threats in this game, if modded right. Mine moves at like 150 speed and if someone else drops below 50%, will crit 3/5 of the opposing team for 22k (well, that's with Boba lead). I would normally suggest Boba as a 1 of, but you don't have that many debuffs from clones, so this feels a little bit wasted (you just won't have great executes), but he's still fantastic for executing an opposing Boba. I've had games go to poo poo because their Boba was almost dead (the second time), and then he got his resolve back and suddenly I was losing.
Another hero to consider is Barriss (preferably Zarriss, but you probably need to Zeta your clones first). She clears debuffs from whoever is lowest on health, and she can save someone who is almost dead. Clones already have a lot of survivability though, so I'm not sure that's necessary.
Baze, Shoretrooper, Sun Fac, and RG are all great defensive tanks.
EP is great for an aoe stun.
EE is fun for his revive and clearing debuffs.

Cactus posted:

Lol £55 for a lovely jedi pack jesus loving christ.

Just to put this in perspective, I opened Steam just now on a random Thursday and for that amount of cash I could buy Titan Quest Anniversary edition, Darkest dungeon, Alien Isolation w/all dlc, Cities Skylines deluxe edition, Starbound, and the Batman Telltale series - and STILL have just under a tenner left over.

What a bunch of greedy cunts.

Yeah, this game is exploitative and it's bad. I don't know why I still play it...except I can't stop. gently caress me.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
If speed is the name if the game, do I have enough to compete in top 10?

Zader + 219 Tfp, 215 Boba, 195 EP

How far am I from whales?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

If speed is the name if the game, do I have enough to compete in top 10?

Zader + 219 Tfp, 215 Boba, 195 EP

How far am I from whales?

My Boba runs at 252 and he's not the fastest Boba on my comparatively easy arena shard (compared to other TI people who started earlier in December or November). The fastest on my shard is 265. Also, don't forget that getting Boba to G11 adds 12 speed.

Here's who I think is the single biggest whale's roster:
https://swgoh.gg/u/skykr%C3%A4k/

The funny thing now though is that Speed is no longer the name of the whale game. Speed certainly helps, but whale comps are looking more like Timeout teams, the favorite right now is GK (L), Zylo, Zarriss, Chaze. It wants a slow GK and Baze, with a medium to fast Kylo/Chirrut, and fastest mods on Barriss. The whole point is that it is hard to kill, not that it's really going to kill you all that easily (although it certainly can).

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, this game is exploitative and it's bad. I don't know why I still play it...except I can't stop. gently caress me.

To be honest I'm kind of glad it's as nakedly bad as it is. It's helped me to draw a firm line at only buying a crystal sub on payday and nothing more. If stuff were cheaper like it was in the past I'd probably be tempted to cave but all the recent shenanigans have actually been beneficial to that aspect for me.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

To be honest I'm kind of glad it's as nakedly bad as it is. It's helped me to draw a firm line at only buying a crystal sub on payday and nothing more. If stuff were cheaper like it was in the past I'd probably be tempted to cave but all the recent shenanigans have actually been beneficial to that aspect for me.

This is true. I've had no incentive to pay money in a long time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Same. I only buy the crystal sub, and I sort of hate myself for that.

When I get bonus money for some project, I buy some apple cards with it and buy some shard shop gear.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Cactus posted:

Yeah, I was considering picking up on of those recent ship packs, until Mal posted that $1500 estimate, at which point "nevermind" set in.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thanks for the feedback yall. I got cody as lead yah and I think his dogpile move is hilarious. If I had someone use it on me before I saw it, I would think the opposing player was a cheater.

I really like the idea of JKA with them and it seems like he is just a really good overall character to have so I guess I am getting ready to spend the next three weeks farming him.

Edit: I thought there waw a chance to get almost all characters in Bronzium pack. Nope.

waah fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 9, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

Yeah, I was considering picking up on of those recent ship packs, until Mal posted that $1500 estimate, at which point "nevermind" set in.

Buying one of the ship packs is pretty worth it. I'm saving crystals for it right now. 3k crystals for an Advance Tie (Vader's Ship) unlock is a good deal, and getting Reaper is game breaking (Put him in your last reinforcement slot -- their capital ship won't get a turn ever).

e: God this game is so buggy. In addition to the above (Yes, Reaper is massively bugged -- is supposed to be a high priority fix, still worth it after fix probably)

CG posted:

Our team tested Boba Fett's "Execute" ability on Baze Malbus while he has Retribution active (Chirrut was not part of the enemy squad) and Boba Fett dispels all buffs without Baze countering. The situation you encountered was when Chirrut was part of the enemy squad as well, and even if he is not alive anymore, Baze still retains the bonuses from Chirrut's unique (which is flagged for further review). Thanks!

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You might also want to look at Plo Koon for the clone squad - but if you want to do them properly, Sergeant is your only option.