Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Listen huggybear I too am very much against smashing the patriarchy and I mean this in the least offensive way possible but did you hit your head and it made you retarded or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Ouhei posted:

So do you not think she violated Pete's trust when she hid the fact that she was in a relationship with the guy for a period of time instead of being honest about their past? Or maybe that she booked a trip with said person she was dishonest about in the past without talking to him about it?

Yeah, she made some errors in communication, and she sought out advice, too. She's just a kid (again iirc). She was right to set a boundary regarding control, absolutely. Does that mean he is incapable of saying "this bothered me and now bothers me more. Can we talk it out?" That's called communication - setting his own boundaries is negotiation. "I don't feel comfortable with you two sharing a room." Etc. His reaction is so melodramatically stoic and manly, it's loving ridiculous. She just sounds like an innocent if goofy kid experiencing the well-guarded, groomed, crafted patriarchal conditioning of male jealousy for the first time.

e: it's obvious I triggered some emotional responses; it's called empathy.

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 8, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Just so you all know, I, for one, am very glad Huggybear is so trusting of their SO. :tutbutt:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

Just so you all know, I, for one, am very glad Huggybear is so trusting of their SO. :tutbutt:

berth ell pup

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Good troll IMO, hit right in the thread's weak spot.

For the record, if your partner ever announces they've booked a holiday trip with their ex without ever telling you because you weren't invited and you're sitting around going 'well they might not be cheating' then you're a huge idiot and a little bitch and :laffo: at you.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Huggybear posted:

oh no omg someone disagreed with the majority response to this gossip girl drama and its hilariously disproportionate response. I enjoy this thread but not the collective vilification and slut shaming of pretty much every woman who has relationship issues due to guy friends, ex-boyfriends who are friends, and even having sex (gasp!) with another person. So my admittedly melodramatic response is also in response to that generally. It's annoying. Women are allowed to gently caress other people even in a committed relationship and there is no need to judge them as harshly as they are here, let alone that fecal cesspit that is Reddit. I'm not some polyamorous unicorn warrior either, I just believe that trust and heck, imagine forgiveness are part of the spectrum of a non-patriarchal response to a pretty carnal/primal/not that big of a deal mistake.

lol

Mirthless posted:

All I'm reading here is "it's abuse to refuse an open relationship", and gently caress you.

I support people living in whatever kind of relationship they want but stop trying to make poly the standard

People are allowed to have boundaries in a relationship and you're not entitled to both date somebody who prefers exclusive partners, and gently caress whoever you want. It's not abuse to leave your partner when they tell you they're not interested in monogamy anymore.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

lazorexplosion posted:

Good troll IMO, hit right in the thread's weak spot.

a little bitch and :laffo: at you.

I feel strangely vindicated.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Huggybear posted:

Yeah, she made some errors in communication, and she sought out advice, too. She's just a kid (again iirc). She was right to set a boundary regarding control, absolutely. Does that mean he is incapable of saying "this bothered me and now bothers me more. Can we talk it out?" That's called communication - setting his own boundaries is negotiation. "I don't feel comfortable with you two sharing a room." Etc. His reaction is so melodramatically stoic and manly, it's loving ridiculous. She just sounds like an innocent if goofy kid experiencing the well-guarded, groomed, crafted patriarchal conditioning of male jealousy for the first time.

e: it's obvious I triggered some emotional responses; it's called empathy.

you dense motherfucker

quote:

He didn't seem to really react, he just gave me a look that was...sarcastic, I suppose, would be the best way to describe it. I then told him that I wouldn't be controlled and hated men that thought they owned me and could tell me what to do. I told him I was free to see who I wanted and that I found his lack of trust in me upsetting, disrespectful and, perhaps, a sign of future abusiveness. I now realise that this may have been a bad thing to say. Again, he didn't really react so I thought that was the end of it.

She didn't even give him an opportunity to communicate. She shut down all conversation on the subject immediately. "You can't tell me what to do, you can't change my mind, and if you disagree you're an abuser"

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Mirthless posted:

lol

I support people living in whatever kind of relationship they want but stop trying to make poly the standard

You're all so grumpy, haha.

I'm not poly. In my experience, that only works if you turn it on and off once in a while. I don't care what people do or who fucks whom, and I am not going to get personal and try to make my relationship a platonic paragon of communication and trust (which it is)

/\/\ chill. She regretted drawing those boundaries, which are acceptable boundaries, and he failed to originally respond. It's all there.

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 8, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I mean the story does sound a little fake tbqh. Especially because there is a subreddit solely dedicated to stories of :females::qq: getting their comeuppance

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Huggybear posted:

I'm not poly. In my experience, that only works if you turn it on and off once in a while. I don't care what people do or who fucks whom, and I am not going to get personal and try to make my relationship a platonic paragon of communication and trust (which it is)

:confused: :what:

"well, guys, I'm not monogamous in my relationships and my partners are free to gently caress whoever they want but I'm totally not poly"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey bae I booked a trip to Amsterdam. What? No you can't come, I'm going with Amelia. Huh? Yeah that Amelia. So what if we used to date? Oh well we're probably just gonna you know, smoke some weed find some shrooms who knows. Hit the town you know. Yeah. No, no it's just us. Nah we just got the one hotel room to save some cash. Well no I said you can't go. Huh? Look you can't tell me what to do. You don't own me, bae, I do what I want. Oh yeah so you just assume I'm gonna cheat huh well gently caress YOU you emotional abusive rear end in a top hat you're not my mother!!!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I mean the story does sound a little fake tbqh. Especially because there is a subreddit solely dedicated to stories of :females::qq: getting their comeuppance

Nah, I believe the story because there's no real karma moment, there's usually a tell in there and other than the ridiculous standards of what she thinks is reasonable nothing in the story seems particularly off. She was clearly sympathetic enough to get at least one idiot to take her side, too. If the only thing she loses in a story is a relationship she wasn't really that serious about, it's probably not a fake story, at least imo

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I don't believe in cucks! I don't believe in cucks!

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Mirthless posted:

:confused: :what:

"well, guys, I'm not monogamous in my relationships and my partners are free to gently caress whoever they want but I'm totally not poly"

That's not what I said :)

I am in a fantastic relationship. It would never have gone down that sad clown avenue Pete chose if it were me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Probably, but it's still worth pointing out that if all the partners in a relationship aren't in agreement on the boundaries in and of that relationship, then they should probably end it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Huggybear posted:

/\/\ chill. She regretted drawing those boundaries, which are acceptable boundaries, and he failed to originally respond. It's all there.

She didn't "draw boundaries". She brought up something she knew was objectionable and unreasonable, and headed off debate by immediately getting defensive (before he had a chance to respond) and then accusing him of abuse. There was no possible way for him to respond or object without, in her view, abusing her. If she's not consenting to any dissent (and she clearly wasn't) attempting to communicate on the issue is, itself, abusive. She's using emotional manipulation to achieve what she wants and refusing negative feedback in the most harsh way possible.

He didn't owe her a communication after the fact. He didn't have any reason to believe she was going to suddenly wake up the next day a more reasonable person, and if he didn't think he could change her mind he had every right to leave. Nobody owes their abusers infinite opportunities to make up and abuse them, and what she was doing was, in every part, abuse.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mirthless posted:

Nah, I believe the story because there's no real karma moment, there's usually a tell in there and other than the ridiculous standards of what she thinks is reasonable nothing in the story seems particularly off. She was clearly sympathetic enough to get at least one idiot to take her side, too. If the only thing she loses in a story is a relationship she wasn't really that serious about, it's probably not a fake story, at least imo

You kidding because this is a monster indicator that you yourself posted

quote:

I then told him that I wouldn't be controlled and hated men that thought they owned me and could tell me what to do. I told him I was free to see who I wanted and that I found his lack of trust in me upsetting, disrespectful and, perhaps, a sign of future abusiveness. I

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

you're all gaslighting me by continuing to respond to this idiot

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

You kidding because this is a monster indicator that you yourself posted

Getting defensive and falling back on common criticism / reversing guilt is a pretty frequent tactic of emotionally manipulative people to get what they want. :shrug: It's a bit by-the-numbers-MRA-Trope, sure, but it's not like people like this don't actually exist.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mirthless posted:

Getting defensive and falling back on common criticism / reversing guilt is a pretty frequent tactic of emotionally manipulative people to get what they want. :shrug: It's a bit by-the-numbers-MRA-Trope, sure, but it's not like people like this don't actually exist.

Is there anything you don't have authority to speak on

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's more fun to just take them all at face value anyway. They could all be fake, so what.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My (19f) boyfriend (21m) of 2 years won't get over his dick size

quote:

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years, he has always been conscious of his dick size although it is average.

We had sex today and he tells me that when he pushed a little deeper my reaction is bigger which makes him feel like he's not satisfying me, and no matter what he does a bigger dick would always always be better.

I have tried talking with him about this but there seems to be no getting through to him. He believes that all women love big dicks and that I'm lying to him when I say otherwise.

This is impacting our sex life daily as he starts to get conscious when we have sex.

Help!!

TL;DR my (19f) boyfriend (21m) of two years so conscious about his dick size and it's hurting our sex life and his self esteem. Talking doesn't seem to help.

quote:

I have but he is very anti-doctor , he refused to believe that sex with him is more about than just sex, it's not like I'm going to walk off and have sex with someone else just because his dick could be longer

I [28F] can't get over the fact that I look a lot like my boyfriend's [29M] mother [early 60sF]

quote:

The creepy title says it all. I've been with my boyfriend, Sam, for a little over a year and a half. He isn't a big social media person, and he has a typical 'boy' apartment, so I'd never really seen pictures of his family. We live across the country from his family, and I'd only met his brother when his brother was in town. He also hasn't met my family, because they live in another country, but he HAS seen pictures of my family.

Sooooo. In December, we made plans to spend the holidays with his family. Imagine my surprise when his mom and dad pick us up at the airport, and the first thing I notice is that his mom looks exactly like my mom. My family is Italian and his is Puerto Rican, but our moms both have big noses, curly dark hair, big dark eyes, big eyebrows, olive/tan skin, small builds with big boobs but no butt, etc. I was so shocked I did a double take, and I didn't know what to say about it. It wasn't until we were walking by a window on the way to the parking lot that I saw our reflection together and it clicked for me.

I look just like my mom (though I'm a little taller and less busty). And this lady looks just like my mom. So that means... A= C. She and I both even have very similar tortoiseshell glasses. The "Kill Bill" siren basically started going off in my head at this point and I felt extremely weird until we were alone again.

Now, my boyfriend looks more like his dad. Pale, freckles, tall, etc. He and I don't look alike. But I look so much like his mom, and, now that I think back to it, I look like I could be his brother's sister. The second we were alone I said, 'Did you notice that I look EXACTLY LIKE YOUR MOTHER?????' and he said I was being ridiculous, he didn't see it, we just both have dark hair and the same glasses (and his mom had gotten those glasses since he moved, so he didn't associate them with his mom). For the rest of the visit, I was super preoccupied looking at his mom because she reminded me so much of my own mom, and I almost got the same feeling I get around my biological family, which didn't make me feel very sexy or romantic around my boyfriend. There was a copy of his parents' wedding picture in the hall and it basically looked like my boyfriend and I doing 70s cosplay.

Since we've been back, I showed pictures of his mom to my sister, who straight up thought it was a picture of our mom at first glance. I showed pictures to my friends, who were all creeped out. I even showed it to my mom, and you know how people never think they look like other people? My mom was like, 'She looks just like me!!!!!'

I'm trying to roll with it, but am I wrong to be creeped out by this? He swears it wasn't intentional, that he doesn't see it, etc. but I feel like he'd have to be blind not to see it. Especially because his mom was my age during his formative years! I am just not able to get this out of my head and haven't felt romantic or sexy towards him since finding this out.

TLDR: I found out in December that I'm a dead ringer for my boyfriend's mom. He swears he doesn't see a resemblance. Am I wrong to feel unsettled?

quote:

She and I both even have very similar tortoiseshell glasses
She just happens to look just like his mom and wear mommy glasses.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Me [28F] with my boyfriend [29M] of 5 years. He wants me to be friends with his mom [60sF][new]
submitted 4 hours ago by sunk_throwaway222

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together 5 years and living together 4. When we first began dating, I was a little weirded out by how close he was to his parents. They live in the same city as us, and he generally sees them about 3-4 times a month. My parents live thousands of miles away, and I see them once per year.

I realize my situation isn't exactly normal, so I've made an effort to meet my BF halfway. I usually see his parents 2x per month.

I was very uncomfortable around them in the beginning, because I was raised in more of a "children should be seen and not heard" household. I was not used to open and honest communication with a parental figure, and I'll admit it took me probably the better part of 2 years to actually feel okay being myself around them.

This of course was accompanied by constant arguments with my boyfriend about how I don't see his parents enough. I would waffle back and forth between thinking I was right and he was the weirdo, and also thinking that maybe I'm the one who is weird. Which eventually led to my current position-- that we should compromise and meet in the middle.

So here's the problem. Now that I'm gelling enough with his family to hang out as a group with them, my boyfriend wants me to start hanging out one-on-one with his mom. Not just a break away chat in the kitchen when we're all over at their house for dinner, but like a full blown girlfriend date. This bothers me for a few reasons. First, he doesn't even spend one on one time with his mother. He does with his dad, but not her. Second, I feel like he's forcing me to form a close friendship which is more than just including myself in the family dynamic. His mom is a great person and I have nothing against her. I just feel like what we do have in common, we cover at family events. I don't know what I would talk to her about solo for hours.

Am I being unreasonable?

tl;dr My boyfriend wants me to start hanging out with his mom one on one, but I don't want to. Am I being unreasonable?

I feel like any "girlfriend date" this woman has with her boyfriend's mom should be focused on BF's naked baby photos and the time he fell in a toilet when he was 8.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Is there anything you don't have authority to speak on

Why take it that way? I'm just conversing, I'm not saying my opinion is The Right One or anything

Moridin920 posted:

It's more fun to just take them all at face value anyway. They could all be fake, so what.

It always feels kinda skeevy to have the expected response to an MRA fakepost, I get why people want to ferret them out

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Mirthless posted:

She didn't "draw boundaries". She brought up something she knew was objectionable and unreasonable, and headed off debate by immediately getting defensive (before he had a chance to respond) and then accusing him of abuse. There was no possible way for him to respond or object without, in her view, abusing her. If she's not consenting to any dissent (and she clearly wasn't) attempting to communicate on the issue is, itself, abusive. She's using emotional manipulation to achieve what she wants and refusing negative feedback in the most harsh way possible.

He didn't owe her a communication after the fact. He didn't have any reason to believe she was going to suddenly wake up the next day a more reasonable person, and if he didn't think he could change her mind he had every right to leave. Nobody owes their abusers infinite opportunities to make up and abuse them, and what she was doing was, in every part, abuse.

Okay, that's it for me, wow. You do not understand the meaning of abuse - you are really, really, really, extremely naive. She's a kid who reacted to someone who tried to control her even if she made plans and assumptions without, as I have said, likely ever having properly encountering the golem that is collective male jealousy. That's a good boundary to draw, but in no way is that "abuse", jesus that is disproportionately definitive and melodramatic af. Like this thread.

I'll stop triggering everyone's special slut-shaming safe space now. Thanks, it's been a slice.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

No one's mentioned that she was 25?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Huggybear posted:

Okay, that's it for me, wow. You do not understand the meaning of abuse - you are really, really, really, extremely naive. She's a kid who reacted to someone who tried to control her even if she made plans and assumptions without, as I have said, likely ever having properly encountering the golem that is collective male jealousy. That's a good boundary to draw, but in no way is that "abuse", jesus that is disproportionately definitive and melodramatic af. Like this thread.

I'll stop triggering everyone's special slut-shaming safe space now. Thanks, it's been a slice.

You literally said women (but not men I notice) are allowed to cheat and they should be forgiven if so because the patriarchy. Then you are calling everyone sexist and a slut shamer for not agreeing to what is frankly a pretty shockingly misogynistic view to hold.

You gotta slow burn a little more rather than blowing your load all at once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Imagine being such a terrible poster that you keep getting repeatedly owned by Mirthless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Grevling posted:

My (19f) boyfriend (21m) of 2 years won't get over his dick size

these stories trigger the poo poo out of me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone gets a bit insecure about their dick size at times but most of us have better sense than to whine about it to our girlfriend lmao.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Antivehicular posted:

Me [28F] with my boyfriend [29M] of 5 years. He wants me to be friends with his mom [60sF][new]
submitted 4 hours ago by sunk_throwaway222

I feel like any "girlfriend date" this woman has with her boyfriend's mom should be focused on BF's naked baby photos and the time he fell in a toilet when he was 8.

She seems so reluctant to be a part of his parents' life. If they've been together five years, is it really gonna hurt to spend a day with Mom every couple of months? They're practically family at this point.

Huggybear posted:

How is is not abuse to emotionally manipulate your partner to get what you want?

She is 25 years old. She is not a "kid". It's really weird and condescending - seriously, what is that all about, even? How much of a loving child do you have to be to think it's still acceptable to make mistakes like this, and behave that way, at age 25?

The expectation of monogamy is not "the golem of collective male jealousy" and no matter how many times you try to convince us to read The Ethical Slut we are never going to accept poly as the correct standard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like there's a slight anti-Jew dig there too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Everyone gets a bit insecure about their dick size at times but most of us have better sense than to whine about it to our girlfriend lmao.

stoooppppppp

allll diiickksss arreee fiiiinneeee

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I know goons get defensive about their porn habits but I can't help but think that it contributes to complexes like this. I doubt most straight guys in their early twenties are seeing a whole lot of erect penises (outside of prison/military) to really compare to so barring that I assume they are watching porn and reading too much into the imagery.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

stoooppppppp

do you prefer growers or showers

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

stoooppppppp

wrong again

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pick posted:

these stories trigger the poo poo out of me

This one gets me because he's all "I did a different sex move than usual and you groaned a little more, time to overanalyze the poo poo out of this and conclude our sex life is unsatisfactory!!" You know a dude like this has a spreadsheet of all her text responses and length of time between texts to figure out when she's obviously falling out of love with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

stoooppppppp

I mean, you say that but then we see things like this and wonder

https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3k0x8f/i_hate_that_my_boyfriend_has_a_small_penis/ posted:

I hate that my boyfriend has a small penis. Remorse self.confession
Submitted 1 year ago by [deleted]

[Remorse]: I know that as a woman I'm not allowed to say anything like this, but I can't not say it anymore. I've been with my boyfriend for a year (we celebrated our anniversary 2 weeks ago, actually). Other than our sex life, we have a great relationship. We like the same things, he makes me laugh, he's a great guy. All around, we are perfect together.

The problem is that in the time we've been together, I feel like I haven't had sex once. I can barely feel him when we are together. He goes down on me all the time and we use toys a lot, but it's just not the same. In the past, I guess I was blessed with guys who were 'well hung' and I could orgasm from just having sex. I miss that. We're so great together, this just isn't fair. It's so frustrating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3u620t/i_broke_up_with_my_boyfriend_because_he_had_a/ posted:

I broke up with my boyfriend because he had a small penis
noregrets self.confession
Submitted 1 year ago * by andort

[No Regrets]
He was tiny. Like four inches long and 1 inch in diameter. I've never seen such a small dick in my life. He was a nice guy but I just couldn't do it. When we first had sex and he pulled it out I wanted to leave but I felt bad. I gave him a handjob and it was so awkward... He kept trying to talk dirty and saying stuff like "You love my cock don't you?" And I ended up laughing at him. I told him I just wasn't into dirty talk which was a complete lie. I broke up with him a couple weeks ago and I feel so much better not having to deal with him. I told him we just weren't compatible but I think he knew why I broke up with him since I kept saying no to sex with him.

Although yeah if you're average then there's really nothing to be worried about.

Panfilo posted:

I know goons get defensive about their porn habits but I can't help but think that it contributes to complexes like this. I doubt most straight guys in their early twenties are seeing a whole lot of erect penises (outside of prison/military) to really compare to so barring that I assume they are watching porn and reading too much into the imagery.

prolly something to that