Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Danny DeVito plays a krogan warlord.

A Devito sized krogan warlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Eastbound Spider posted:

Dwarf Vanguard Krogan with Napoleon Complex needs to happen.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They should make that the DLC companion they are almost certainly going to bring out at some point. Screw the eighth companion they cut, bring in the angry toad.

Speaking of stuff that's small, or rather not, the devs linked this zoomable picture of about 1/3 of the observed Andromeda galaxy.

http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

It's pretty remarkable to zoom all the way. It's amazing how much stuff is packed into those spaces, and still realize how vastly far apart they still are.

And recently (today? Can't find a time or date stamp) Gamesradar put up an interview with Mac Walters about the difference between Andromeda's dialogue system and the trilogy.

quote:

"What we have now is based more around agreeing and disagreeing. The reason I like that is because in the trilogy it’s like, 'I’m gonna play Paragon,' and then you know which way you’re moving the stick on every conversation. You don’t have to think about it, because you’re just going to hit Paragon every time."

I don't know about you all, but personally, I can definitely relate to that. When playing through Mass Effect 1 - 3, I usually held the thumbstick up and to the right, ready to select whatever the Paragon option was. I didn't really pay attention to what I was saying, just that it was the "right" thing to say.

Walters continued: "With agree and disagree it changes by the circumstance and it changes by the character you’re talking to, so you have to actually be more engaged in what’s going on, to know if you’re going to do that."

Walters also said that you and other characters will be able to respond in specific tones of voice. "We’ve added in four tones and we’ll talk a little more in the future, but they basically allow other types of characters to express them[selves] in one of four different ways, and sometimes one of two different ways. And I think that gets back to that more traditional role-playing sort of feeling which is less about 'Do I want to be good or bad,' and more about 'How do I want to express myself?'"

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 8, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Eastbound Spider posted:

Danny DeVito plays a krogan warlord.

Not a Volus? C'mon

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the "sarcasm" is going to be one of these tones.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think sarcasm is part of the Casual tone. They have also noted before that a Casual Ryder is liable to have a potty mouth.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Maybe Ryder is intentionally a smaller person cause they don't want them to intrinsically feel like a hero. They're some scrub who previously had a joke tour of duty when their dad, the actual badass, gets injured or w/e and Ryder then has to grow into the role of Pathfinder. I mean, they've kind of already said they're going with this story since they've talked about how Ryder isn't an N7 unlike Shepard.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
That Sara Ryder N7 gear Funko Pop figure is STOLEN VALOR

Serf
May 5, 2011

All the planets in Andromeda are high-grav planets and the Ryders are engineered to be stumpy little bastards to compensate.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Catflaps McBae

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hedrigall posted:

Catflaps McBae

And there are people who want to romance one of these things. :commissar:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That looks really good

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Goddamn mangy catbeasts

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It might just be the angle but it looks like his face is emerging out of a gigantic tumor.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

lol my lovely game senses are tingling

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The graphics are nice but that coat is the dumbest poo poo.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Kurieg posted:

*shudders*

The fact that they put her in a form hugging one-piece with her uncanny valley face plastered on top just made it even worse.

Are you saying you didn't find a half melted claymation of Jessica Chobot attractive?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Cythereal posted:

And there are people who want to romance one of these things. :commissar:

Big whoop, wanna fight aboudit?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I clicked on this twitter and I can see we've finally reached the John Madden diagram stage of pre-release graphics analysis.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

lol my lovely game senses are tingling

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Hedrigall posted:

Catflaps McBae

Despite being a new character from a never seen before alien species from another galaxy, it's just Garrus. It's just a weird alien guy wearing shiny blue and black with an eye visor.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
No dude, Garrus had birdier legs. it's COMPLETELY different. I like to think that it's an monocular visor and the alien will have a very british accent.

exquisite tea posted:

I clicked on this twitter and I can see we've finally reached the John Madden diagram stage of pre-release graphics analysis.

Yeah, the trailers that've been released make a much less damning case about the quality of Bioware...

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I only judge games by consulting analyses of screenshots with red arrows MS-painted on them haphazardly by "Lieutenant Goku Gamergate"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Drifter posted:

Yeah, the trailers that've been released make a much less damning case about the quality of Bioware...

I think people would be legitimately excited for Andromeda if Bioware didn't seem to be holding their cards so tight. Everything about the trailers, previews etc. make it seem like they have something to hide.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
New Garrus is giving the series something it's sorely needed, a character not afraid to wear a cape

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Hedrigall posted:

Catflaps McBae

He's not aiming and he's not holding it any sort of high ready position that makes sense. This guy is a poseur scrub when it comes to guns.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Number Ten Cocks posted:

He's not aiming and he's not holding it any sort of high ready position that makes sense. This guy is a poseur scrub when it comes to guns.

He could easily be aiming if that monocular visor is smartlinked up to his gun.

It's the fuckin' future, c'mon man.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Maybe everybody of his race has difficulty outwardly expressing emotions like surprise, and they all wear monocles as a social cue.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

I only judge games by consulting analyses of screenshots with red arrows MS-painted on them haphazardly by "Lieutenant Goku Gamergate"

Are you a Lieutenant? Didn't think so.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's more of a velour poncho than a cape, really.

I've always wondered if the most fashionable material in the galaxy, make that galaxies, was spaceworthy. Now I know.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

jfood posted:

It's more of a velour poncho than a cape, really.

I've always wondered if the most fashionable material in the galaxy, make that galaxies, was spaceworthy. Now I know.

If it's good enough for Zapp Brannigan,

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I was hoping we'd have outfits to match the plaidweave from Inquisition.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

exquisite tea posted:

i can not tell the difference between those two images

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

i can not tell the difference between those two images

One of them is junior camper of the month Sara Ryder telling a spooky campfire story and the second moved its light source overhead.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

andromeda: girl scouts edition sounds pretty great

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AriadneThread posted:

andromeda: girl scouts edition sounds pretty great

Ryder, the Milky Way has run out of Thin Mints! You must go to Andromeda to get more!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Ryder, the Milky Way has run out of Thin Mints! You must go to Andromeda to get more!

I'd seal myself in a cryo-tube for 500 years if there were Thin Mints on the other side.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Maybe he doesn't even know what the hell it is and its a comedic scene where he's trying to figure out what this weird HUman poo poo does. An entire race of Jar-Jars for you to romance.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Meesa horny.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I'm really still definitely not feeling Catflaps as a species design. 2/10 would betray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
He's a cat with flaps, he's got everything!