Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"finely tuned inventory control system" hah

There is also a suspiciously high amount of restaurants that are very insistent that they use double the meat and other ingredients for the same price as the competition. ^^

And in Hamburg suddenly cab drivers made almost 30% more profits once their GPS systems reported straight to the tax offices. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

eh they have to actually mix some of the poo poo. at least in the us
I presume inventory tracking system here is one that allows you to steal some prescription stuff into the black market

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

Lots of medicine that'd require paharmacist run pharmacies in Europe is over the counter in American supermarkets isn't it?

Even compared to Canada they sell a lot of stuff OTC that is prescription here. Except insulin which you can buy OTC here.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

There is also a suspiciously high amount of restaurants that are very insistent that they use double the meat and other ingredients for the same price as the competition. ^^

And in Hamburg suddenly cab drivers made almost 30% more profits once their GPS systems reported straight to the tax offices. :D
drat this is so familiar it hurts. i just recently watched a report from russia where snow cleaners were caught driving around with broken brushes, since the employer refused to fix them, so they went on to spoof navigation-tracked labour activity

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Even compared to Canada they sell a lot of stuff OTC that is prescription here. Except insulin which you can buy OTC here.
lithuania and latvia is a bit similar. some of my former meds were under turbohitler prescription on super special forms and poo poo.

same meds were otc in lithuania, and thrice cheaper.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drat

feel for u bro

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

congrats kkk and tess, btw. i hear kfc has made chizza available in the uk

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Aeryk posted:

Lol, did sessions explain why treating the disabled with dignity accelerates uncivil behavior

Coddled little shits don't respect authority

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i want to live through the coming cataclysm so i can turn to my fellow slave in our chain gang run by mutant cannibals and smugly tell them "i told you so"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

congrats kkk and tess, btw. i hear kfc has made chizza available in the uk

is this what brexit looks like

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait time at the clinic is only like 30 minutes despite being packed. I have to wear a mask so everyone is starting at me.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Did someone draw Dickbutt on it?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
someone suggested i seriously consider joining aa, so i have made every effort to drink as much alcohol while watching as much anime as i possibly can

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

someone suggested i seriously consider joining aa, so i have made every effort to drink as much alcohol while watching as much anime as i possibly can
this isn't dadchat anymore, this is an intervention

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

R. Mute posted:

yeah yu hve a drinkg probla

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
A Deal With The Devil
August 30, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Five months ago, I made a deal with the devil.

It sounds so dramatic, but it is so, so simple; and once you know how, it is hard not to.

But you must resist, for if you don’t, you will regret it later. Trust me on that.

First, a little something about me. I’m what you’d call a slacker, a slothful waster, or even a ‘bundle of disappointment’. That’s all anyone’s ever called me. I’ve made peace with that. Truth be told, these epithets have become more truly my friends than any other I’ve ever known, following me everywhere I go and in all things I do. But it does hurt sometimes, for I’m not without feelings of my own, and I have periodically been beset by resentment for these companions of mine.
It was in one of these periods of discontent that the devil approached me with his deal.

That’s what he always does, to all of his victims.

It’s been said before, more often than not on this very website, that when the devil approaches you, he’d affect a character that you’d immediately like and be impressed by. It’s absolutely true. When he first came to me, he seemed more than anything a dazzling showman brimming with charisma and a touch of ridiculousness, not unlike a circus clown.

I’m sorry I can’t be more dramatic, but the truth of the matter is, it happened when I was just sitting at home eating popcorn, and the details of the encounter are too hazy. (for reasons I’d rather not divulge: suffice it to say, I’ve found less than healthy ways to deal with my problems) I remember only two things: the first, an unearthly, unforgettable orange-golden glow emanating from his person, and the second, the indescribable hatred in his words, which seemed to dragged from a deep well of loathing and blinding rage hidden within him.

His offer was simple: he asked of me only that I be a tether for him to this world, and to support him, however I felt, in all his endeavors. In return, he promised me (hindsight is always 20/20, isn’t it) what I had always desired most from this world: to be known, talked about, and a subject of strong feeling among my peers. He was very outspoken about his plans, schemes of evil rarely witnessed before in the world, but I thought then that he was only posturing: surely he would never divulge his plans to a mere mortal. How foolish of me.

Each day, the burden in my heart grew heavier and heavier still, and beset by guilt, I began seeing him everywhere: when I watched TV, he would become one of the characters and spew his hatred and rage on all others; when I walked the streets, I would so often by ambushed by the bright orange glow that I had begun to dread as the very symbol of evil; I have spent the last five months evading him.

And worse still, strangely, it is as if his aura clings to me; everywhere I go, I can feel eyes digging into my very self – disbelieving, disapproving eyes, more full of contempt and dislike than ever before: he offered me a chance to be noticed and felt strongly about – and he has given me that. But the deal is done: it can no longer be called off. I have but myself to blame for that.

But however bad any of these things are, none of them come quite close to the occasions I dread most – his meetings with me. He summons me at times when I least expect; he ambushes me with the sharpest weapons he possesses: his words. For hours on end, he would speak on about the most abhorrent matters imaginable – as I stood motionless and wide-eyed behind him, my lips parted in disbelief and disorientation, the orange-golden glow exuded by him piercing my eyes, he would unravel his dark plans for us, plans I don’t care to elaborate here.

Two weeks ago yesterday, all this came to a head. I have said before that he enjoys ambushing me at times when I had my guard down, and that day he unraveled the worst surprise he had for me: staring at me in five bold, short words from a piece of paper as white as chalk, was the ultimate denunciation and condemnation of all I had endured; the greatest and most heartbreaking disavowal I have ever encountered. Written in a nondescript, matter-of-fact way were the words:

TRUMP PICKS VP MIKE PENCE

An authentic page from the diary of Chris Christie

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

R. Mute posted:

no matter what you do i'll never stop watching anime

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Anime... Sucks.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

death sext posted:

My extensive keet research has led me to the conclusion that this is a keet

And this is the keet's australorpling bff; they go on adventures

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Trip report:

I have a chest infection and a sinus infection and a viral infection. I am a walking petri dish. Also really contagious.

MD prescribed - Cefzil BID f10d + Symbicort 1 puffs BID + a day off work to watch anime

Cost to patient (me) - $0

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/kenzoshibata/status/829524607841484800

https://twitter.com/eringriffith/status/829490761297166337

My country is run by cartoon villains

Furnaceface posted:

Trip report:

I have a chest infection and a sinus infection and a viral infection. I am a walking petri dish. Also really contagious.

MD prescribed - Cefzil BID f10d + Symbicort 1 puffs BID + a day off work to watch anime

It's impolite to gloat

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Trip report:

why would you go to work when you were that sick?

Volkerball posted:

with no omega wolf, there's no pack hierarchy. the pack breaks down. personally, i think it's the nerds we should focus our efforts on, but someone has to fill the role

pack hierarchy was bunk science, packs are fluid family groups. alpha, beta and omega designators are for idiots

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why would you go to work when you were that sick?

I only started showing symptoms while I was at work Monday night. :(

Im taking tomorrow off because I dont want to get sued for killing someone with my weird concoction of illnesses.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

pack hierarchy was bunk science, packs are fluid family groups. alpha, beta and omega designators are for idiots

*coughs loudly* actually, i think you'll find in this fanfic that

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
can someone tell me what happens at the end of thelma and louise i think i had a bad stream. the screen faded to white and then credits

is there another directors cut or something

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gin and Juche posted:

can someone tell me what happens at the end of thelma and louise i think i had a bad stream. the screen faded to white and then credits

They drive off a cliff.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They drive off a cliff.

yeah like what o'bozo did to this country

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Gin and Juche posted:

no joke, when i was little my family watched monty python and the holy grail for the first time together and we sat around for a solid ten minutes after they were all arrested waiting for the actual end of the movie. it wasn't until the tape on the vhs tape ran out that we acknowledged that they weren't pretending that was the end of the movie as a gag

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh good trump is the new bush did 9/11

easy to forget that 9/11 trutherism had its start with fairly mainstream dems

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

exmarx posted:

easy to forget that 9/11 trutherism had its start with fairly mainstream dems

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Dreylad posted:

one time i wrote "take 1 pill thrice daily" and the pharmacist said I couldn't use "thrice" because it would confuse people

also what's the point of doctor's shorthand when even that's illegible.

i think it's pretty reasonable to have medication labels be suitable for people with low literacy

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

my first reaction to poo poo like this so far has just been why. i immediately remember "oh yeah because they're kleptocratic assholes" but its just so loving petty the poo poo they're indulging in that it shocks me each and every time.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ugh and the article mentions those "prepaid debit card" scams as being happy about it

they've been pushing hard for the lower class people to accept payment with those things instead of actual deposits. they got rebuffed a while ago but i guess they're due to come roaring back once they can become mandatory. literally charged you money for checking your balance, evil as sin itself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my first reaction to poo poo like this so far has just been why. i immediately remember "oh yeah because they're kleptocratic assholes" but its just so loving petty the poo poo they're indulging in that it shocks me each and every time.

what part of destroying the lives of the impoverished a few hundred dollars at a time to the tune of billions of dollars in profit is petty?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

syscall girl posted:

what part of destroying the lives of the impoverished a few hundred dollars at a time to the tune of billions of dollars in profit is petty?

petty in the "You already have All of the Money, will you beat a puppy to death for five bucks Y/N" and then hitting Y until the keyboard breaks style of petty, i suppose

maybe its more the lack of subtlety about it. its comical in its vulgarity.

e: that and i wonder how republican lawmakers rationalize rubbing poo poo in the eyes of the constituents for no real reason while still acting like self righteous pricks but then again, they're total assholes and that should no actually surprise me either

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

syscall girl posted:

Routine reminder that being poor is seen as ungodly in the eyes of the Evangelical conservative. You are a righteous, god-fearing human iff you are successful.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkkr-HhnwS8

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/829510573285076995

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

i love keiths voice, but goddmanit can we just drone him already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i love keiths voice, but goddmanit can we just drone him already

Ban him from politics and put him back in hockey.

• Locked thread