Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I got stuck doing the campaign what's a good way to farm coins to level up a guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Invalid Validation posted:

I got stuck doing the campaign what's a good way to farm coins to level up a guy?

Have you gotten all the hard modes in NXT? Do those, you can get a couple thousand.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
first European tour match is beatin me up. I keep forgetting to utilize props tho

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

MotU posted:

first European tour match is beatin me up. I keep forgetting to utilize props tho

Props are consumables right? Haven't used any yet

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cool request sent

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hobo Clown posted:

I'll give this a try, thanks. Unfortunately most of my current missions are "Level Up This Type of Guy X Number of Times" which require me to either get new guys or hope the right tokens start dropping.

Do they not have the ability to trash missions for a new one? They did in the earlier release. You just cycle missions until you get some you can do, save the cash, buy new boxes. Eventually you will get a new character. Don't level him up, wait until you get missions that work for him. Rinse and repeat

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

Do they not have the ability to trash missions for a new one? They did in the earlier release. You just cycle missions until you get some you can do, save the cash, buy new boxes. Eventually you will get a new character. Don't level him up, wait until you get missions that work for him. Rinse and repeat

you have to complete a bunch of requisite ones first, then you get the refreshable/trashable missions

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i gotta say i had a super satisfying moment by somehow pulling off an upset in the match up with Kofi, where you get the Miz. I had a super underleveled Booker T and I only went in with the idea that I had to win just so I can fill up my roster. Ended up with a 3 star victory and a nice set of xp. Game gives and takes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Requested the gWo as Debaser91. This is a fun little game to get obsessed with for a while. I don't think there's been a proper update for that fighting game for a year now.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
In TEW, Jim Ross retired so I had to shuffle my announcers around. Settled on a Steve Austin, Portia Perez, Ultramantis Black combo, which makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

In TEW, Jim Ross retired so I had to shuffle my announcers around. Settled on a Steve Austin, Portia Perez, Ultramantis Black combo, which makes me laugh every time I think about it.

"Seth Rollins hit that curbstomp, that's won him a lotta matches, and helped him pay a lotta them gimmicks called bills!"

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

I would pay a lot of money to watch to the Stone Cold + UltraMantis Black wrestling show so this sounds like a winner

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Really starting to get pissed off with how the AI gets a free, instant kickout when their tag partner is available, but you loving don't. Just lost 2 goddamn matches to that bullshit :bang:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Really starting to get pissed off with how the AI gets a free, instant kickout when their tag partner is available, but you loving don't. Just lost 2 goddamn matches to that bullshit :bang:

You do too, you have to spend your tag to do so, just like the AI does.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

You do too, you have to spend your tag to do so, just like the AI does.

How? I've tried mashing the tag button like it's an MGS torture sequence and it's never done anything.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

How? I've tried mashing the tag button like it's an MGS torture sequence and it's never done anything.

I've just tapped the "Tag Me In" button. Are you in danger? Being in a pin while in danger is a loss, the AI can't kick out either, so I like to try and lure them into wasting their tag before hitting my finisher.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I've just tapped the "Tag Me In" button. Are you in danger? Being in a pin while in danger is a loss, the AI can't kick out either, so I like to try and lure them into wasting their tag before hitting my finisher.

I never bothered trying while I was in danger, just when the AI would pop out of my combo due to the stupid automatic pin cancelling free turns, hit their finisher and get a free pin with like 2500 damage.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Gonna give this lovely game a try. Requested the gWo as Weffy13.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I really like the investment/purchase options in TEW 16. I noticed the USWA Heavyweight title was for sale, and Dutch Mantel was the last champ listed. I've got Dutch leading a Jimmy Hart Family type stable called Dutch Dynasty (who are the midcard loser version of Heyman International, which is booked more like the Heenan Family). Gonna buy that belt, have him present it to Jack Swagger and Swaggs is gonna be my 80's/90s old school rasslin' throwback guy, mugging around with his personal belt.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Grabbed 2k17 for PC after having my playstation got stolen last year, and i'm flames on the side of my face frustrated trying to figure out the pin timer and the god awful reversal timers. I'm wondering if preformance drops are affect the input timing, but I also forgot I liked 2k16 once I'd played enough to have a feel for it's bullshit reversal timing. Not to mention if the ref is in the way or you'd grounded outside away from the camera, it blocks the prompt from showing, as if it's not a hud element and a part of my character instead.

I'm actually pretty sure the reversal system should be trashed, considering it can turn some fights against NPC's into the kind of reversal spam situation where it feels like I'm playing a boss fight I'm supposed to lose in a lovely action game. I'm gonna slam my head against it until I get the timing back, or if people make some gameplay mods to alter it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

what a loving botch, and there goes the most over wrestler on the planet

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Marquis de Pyro posted:

what a loving botch, and there goes the most over wrestler on the planet

That's why you have to be careful with Atomic Drops.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i accidentally spent 50 funbux to unlock a challenge instead of hitting collect reward gently caress

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think the featured packs are the best investment for "funbucks". I wasted all of mine, but the game practically throws them at you so that's cool I guess.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bought WWE 17. There's a baby oil slider in the CAW editor, five stars. The promo text is the most overwrought WWE-speak ever and someone clearly had fun with it. Also I tried grappling in the tutorial match and my guy got stuck in a loop and spun around in circles until I Alt+F4ed the game. :toot:

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I made a request to join the Goon World Order. I don't post very much, but it's a fun game.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
This is the second year in a row I've bought WWE for the PC and had it just straight up not run. Last year, I had an older graphics card so this year I have brand new RAM and a brand new GeForce 1060, should be well above minimum requirements, but nothing happens when I run the executable. Run as administrator? It just runs in the background and nothing happens.

Looks like second year in a row I'm getting a refund for a shoddy PC port.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
man i need stupid gold 1* Boss tokens to evolve my showboats but i dont know where the hell they drop. i got like a ton of everything else except that

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

mary had a little clam posted:

This is the second year in a row I've bought WWE for the PC and had it just straight up not run. Last year, I had an older graphics card so this year I have brand new RAM and a brand new GeForce 1060, should be well above minimum requirements, but nothing happens when I run the executable. Run as administrator? It just runs in the background and nothing happens.

Looks like second year in a row I'm getting a refund for a shoddy PC port.

Not an expert on PC gaming in general but I think this has to be a verify game cache/dual graphics card defaulting to integrated kind of issue. Last year's port wasn't bad, I run it fine on a very average laptop.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HoF Showcase DLC Entrances:

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/videos/community/wwe-2k17-pc-hall-of-fame-showcase-dlc-entrances

Flair's hair, though ...

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Fat Lowtax posted:

Not an expert on PC gaming in general but I think this has to be a verify game cache/dual graphics card defaulting to integrated kind of issue. Last year's port wasn't bad, I run it fine on a very average laptop.

Some people online were saying that their copy of 2k17 was bypassing their Titan Megafucker X Card or whatever and using the integrated chip, which I'm sure is maybe true for me too, but I couldn't find a fix for it online and after verifying the cache and reinstalling a couple times, I just can't be bothered with that poo poo. It was easier to get a refund.

Besides, after the Steam winter sale, I'm so far behind... Haven't even touched Ori and the Blind Forest or Owlboy yet... :smith:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MotU posted:

man i need stupid gold 1* Boss tokens to evolve my showboats but i dont know where the hell they drop. i got like a ton of everything else except that

I think outside of The Road missions where the token is a guaranteed drop, your best bet is any limited time tour that drops colored Showboat posters and tokens. The game usually shows you what you can expect to see as the featured loot. For example, the Thursday Uncaged tour drops showboat microphones and training points and the Road to the Chamber tour drops high flyer shoes and training points. Playing the Thursday Uncaged tour and making an effort to get as much loot as possible might net you some tokens. I've also gotten some just from free loot. But the tokens are by far the most limited factor to leveling up the wrestlers and there's no real guaranteed way to get any outside of one-time The Road missions.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i think the main gotcha is people spending Cash on card draws when you should spend some of the free cash on token bags to enhance the dudes you got

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yeah. Unless you want a super huge roster so you can just play and play and play and play, you really only need one wrestler of each type and then just focus on leveling them up. The game gives you so many health packs (and the factions can heal you), that if you just play the game casually like I do, you're always good to go.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just want more coins so I can actually level dudes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mary had a little clam posted:

Some people online were saying that their copy of 2k17 was bypassing their Titan Megafucker X Card or whatever and using the integrated chip, which I'm sure is maybe true for me too, but I couldn't find a fix for it online and after verifying the cache and reinstalling a couple times, I just can't be bothered with that poo poo. It was easier to get a refund.

Besides, after the Steam winter sale, I'm so far behind... Haven't even touched Ori and the Blind Forest or Owlboy yet... :smith:

play your backlog instead of WWE imo

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
SuperCard question: if I sacrifice, let's say, a fully leveled legendary pro card to level up a survivor or wrestlemania tier card, does that limit its potential maximum stats or am I just being paranoid and drawing cards with lovely stats?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Karmine posted:

SuperCard question: if I sacrifice, let's say, a fully leveled legendary pro card to level up a survivor or wrestlemania tier card, does that limit its potential maximum stats or am I just being paranoid and drawing cards with lovely stats?

XP is XP, how a card gets it doesn't change its stats. That said, save those cards for the fusion chamber, get those McMahon supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Karmine posted:

As said above, xp is xp. You probably just got lovely cards (there are a lot of them). The Reddit spreadsheet can tell you if you care to look it up https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YHxYzrBZQOMl1K9g-QJud5pJUYbqfKzWiPfNO7spx6M/edit#gid=610662186