Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Where the gently caress is Oboro and why isn't she in the top 20 at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
there's better smash bros fire emblem characters. Like Robin.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

TheKingofSprings posted:

thats a good q she seems p good. roster's huge and everyone forgets about some chars

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oboro placed 60th overall.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Oboro placed 60th overall.

I could accept this but loving No'wi placed 10th

No'wi

Fire Emblem fans are terrible

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Three FE 4 characters made the top 100, so that's something at least. Thracia didn't even manage that, and only got 4 people in the top 300 (Leif, Finn, Olwen, and Mareeta).

For my own personal selections, worst performing was RD Marcia, who finished way down at 351. My two SD/NME choices were hurt by that loving split, despite them using the exact same art in both games unlike 9/10, with Catria at 181/224 (totaled votes puts her at 112) and Linde at 187/316 (totaled votes puts her at 140). Only person of mine, aside from Awakening characters + Hector, who finished in the top 100 was Sophia of all people at 90. Never thought she was particularly popular, so somewhat amazed by that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People have scars of Sophia's debut in FE6

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

At least he did better than Eliwood.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Phyresis posted:

did u guys post this yet? it seems pretty accurate imo

Not sure about the exclusion of (F)Corrin. Also despite Ryoma having a ranged counter attack he seems to have a bad case of "gets loving destroyed in two attacks". Not sure if I'd put him on the same tier as Tacummies and Hector.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am glad Effie is there, at the bottom, lifting everyone else.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Clawtopsy posted:

I am glad Effie is there, at the bottom, lifting everyone else.

Watching Peri and her -def skill with her killer lance. Becoming increasingly nervous.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

307 people other than me remembered Ismaire existed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ashunera is more popular than seems possible.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Haroshia posted:

Not sure about the exclusion of (F)Corrin. Also despite Ryoma having a ranged counter attack he seems to have a bad case of "gets loving destroyed in two attacks". Not sure if I'd put him on the same tier as Tacummies and Hector.

It seems pretty bullshit that Fae didn't make the list if Nowi does. Also not putting Olivia on the list (at all) is pretty stupid if you're going to say that Azura is one of the very best characters in the game.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Seems Severa was hurt most by the split vote of anyone.

Would have made the top ten, barely, if they were combined, but didn't even make the top twenty with the separate listings. And meanwhile her mother gets top ten.

Can't be good for her inferiority complex.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

akulanization posted:

It seems pretty bullshit that Fae didn't make the list if Nowi does. Also not putting Olivia on the list (at all) is pretty stupid if you're going to say that Azura is one of the very best characters in the game.

Azura is there in large part because she absolutely demolishes red units. Olivia isn't nearly as offensively potent on her own.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
That wasn't too bad! Got Catria to level 40 in one day. (I used 4 stamina pots though) I don't know how to feel about my stats, looks like I got -def and +spd. 31 def on attacks she initiates which is still pretty drat good. Just... drat. I wish I'd gotten more DEF. Kind of hurts to have defense as a character's gimmick and then roll low.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 9, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Zurai posted:

Azura is there in large part because she absolutely demolishes red units. Olivia isn't nearly as offensively potent on her own.

Then Subaki should be on the list. If anything he's better at destroying red units. Azura is top tier because she's the best dancer, Olivia should be on the list because she's a dancer.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

akulanization posted:

Then Subaki should be on the list. If anything he's better at destroying red units. Azura is top tier because she's the best dancer, Olivia should be on the list because she's a dancer.

She's the because she's a dancer that won't instantly crumple and will in fact destroy reds that get near her. Olivia is literally one trick.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Despite the split vote bullshit, mah boy Soren managed to get top 100 twice (#45, #82) so I hope I'll be able to whale for him sooner rather than later.

If they don't give him the title "half-blood prince" I'm gonna be thoroughly disappointed with this localization team.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Fae is (currently) bad because she isn't bulky enough to be a tank, never doubles anyone, and the things you'd want her to be able to kill resist her damage. Oh and Takumi fucks her up real bad.

But in addition to all that, she's green, and that's just a Bad Look right now. Look how few green units made that list at all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well it's not in the 300+ bracket, hooray Olwen

I am also happy that Mathilda is the fourth most popular Gaiden character. Second if you scratch out Alm and Celica, they're cheating.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Combining the votes Mordecai only got 885 which basically ties him with Olwen at #256.

I will patiently await my favorite fluffy tiger dad to be added to the game. Someday. :smith:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oh, and the voting put Morgan in the top fifty, so I'm content.

Considering about half of all players never got her at all, that's not too bad.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
when will they add the good characters in Awakening?

Also apparently Chrom is in this game but no one ever talks about him.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Sorry to interrupt poll result discussion but quick question.

I found the my Nintendo link and redeemed all the quests for prologue through chapter 9 but only have 300 coins and not 1000. Did I just get screwed or am I dumb and there is a 300 coin cap?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Combining the votes Mordecai only got 885 which basically ties him with Olwen at #256.

I will patiently await my favorite fluffy tiger dad to be added to the game. Someday. :smith:
If it makes you feel better, he is one of the first playable laguz units you get in Path of Radiance, so that does bolster his chances of appearing in the first Tellius pack.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Kyoujin posted:

Sorry to interrupt poll result discussion but quick question.

I found the my Nintendo link and redeemed all the quests for prologue through chapter 9 but only have 300 coins and not 1000. Did I just get screwed or am I dumb and there is a 300 coin cap?

you got screwed

on that note, apparently Catria's average defense is suppsoed to be 29, so I'm somehow 4 points below average. What in the god drat... :(

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Mirthless posted:

you got screwed

on that note, apparently Catria's average defense is suppsoed to be 29, so I'm somehow 4 points below average. What in the god drat... :(

My Nowi apparently got hit with a -6 RES from the average posted, which is sorta balanced out by +3 Attack/+3 Def. Either the posted values are a little wonky, which is possible because it's still so early, or theres some additional variation possible than just +3/-3.

Edit: -7 RES, actually, so I'm extremely suspicious of that number. (It's 30, mine's is 23)

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 9, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Mirthless posted:

you got screwed

Yeah, good proof that the low can go further than -3, looks like it can be -4.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

when will they add the good characters in Awakening?

Also apparently Chrom is in this game but no one ever talks about him.

Donnel is in. Noire is the only one left of Awakenings two good characters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Dresh posted:

At least he did better than Eliwood.

Lyn is 1st overall, Hector is 6th...

Eliwood is 427th. :lol:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

She's the because she's a dancer that won't instantly crumple and will in fact destroy reds that get near her. Olivia is literally one trick.

But you can't dance/sing and attack in the same turn.
Id rather give Takumi+4 attack to instagib two units and have a better lancer unit for swordlords. Axe units are generally better at killing other axe users than sword users anyway in my experience, since their high def and hp make it a battle of attrition that sword users usually cant compete in even with the weapon triangle.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Just got my 10,000 fethers

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Dear Christ, I'm only 400 feathers away from upgrading to a 5-star hero now!

Do I dare dream of a 5-star Anna?!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
uh thanks for the dueling crest? lame.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

I spent roughly $60 in a moment of weakness.

No 5-stars. :sigh:

If you don't already own all the Fire Emblems you could've just bought Fire Emblem!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
There are now arena quests that grant feathers, woo! 1000 of them too!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RolandKJones/status/829590092620574721

Picked the middle one because I'm doing the Hard quest that required ten Intermediate+ wins. Team I got had two Takumis.

I won anyway (albeit with only Jeorge standing in the end). Eat poo poo Takumi.

I want Robin so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I wonder if Takumi will get nerfed because this is kind of batshit.