Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Machi is the only one with a crush on their super hot and super nice teacher, and it's treated exactly the way you would expect "student has crush on teacher" to be treated in real life, i.e. the teacher is oblivious to it and will never do anything because she's a kid and he's an adult.

Takahashi's romantic interest is Satou.

Also, Himari and Hikari's parents show up in like chapter 3 of the manga, and will probably be in next week's episode (if not this week's) given the Takahashi/Himari bits in the last episode.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Space Flower posted:

I could've sworn everyone was saying beforehand, "oh it s really not a harem, Demi-chan just wants to talk."

makes me lol that people think it's unsettling when it's most innocent harem-lite I've seen outside of Manga Time Kirara though. they touched his forearms! scandalous.
I think (almost) everyone still is?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Takahashi's romantic interest is Satou.
I'm not even sure he has one anymore :negative:

Also, can we take a minute to just appreciate this golden tidbit:

The Colonel posted:

it definitely goes down some roads
:allears:
Remember to look b-

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

and then every so often goes 'but they're kind of legit romantic prospects anyway'.

the show doesn't do this, actually.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Darth Walrus posted:

More conventional teacher-student harem shows

E: This should be a thread title.

Also yeah, it's nothing like that.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ffuuu I can't believe I'm about to do this...

I kinda agree with Darth Walrus. As an anime-only viewer there is this dissonance between what people are saying about the series and the little nuances they keep putting into the adaptation. I think it's certainly possible to create the show without any creepiness, unintentional or not, but it would take really tight storyboarding and editing. Like, imagine if this were KyoAni's winter project instead, this conversation never happens.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Demi-chan spends most of its time laying out that yes, he's an adult, and yes, they're children, and yes, that's how they'll be treated respectively, and then every so often goes 'but they're kind of legit romantic prospects anyway'.

I don't get that vibe at all on his end. The only thing I notice is a guy who reacts slightly awkwardly to the fact that he's crossing over typical student-teacher boundaries by mentoring them on a fatherly level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah ive never once thought the teacher in demi-chan was going to romance the kids

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I don't get that vibe at all on his end. The only thing I notice is a guy who reacts slightly awkwardly to the fact that he's crossing over typical student-teacher boundaries by mentoring them on a fatherly level.

It was mainly Episode 4 that weirded me out a little. Between a teacher giving one of her students advice on how to seduce a fellow teacher ('maybe you should try wearing nice clothes?') and a joke about our protagonist wigging out over his student's boobs pressing into his chest when he hugged her too tight, it kind of shook my confidence that they'd keep things non-creepy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It would be more creepy if he were fine with it rather than going 'oh poo poo this wasn't a good idea'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It would be more creepy if he were fine with it rather than going 'oh poo poo this wasn't a good idea'

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sakurazuka posted:

And... it would be less creepy if he didn't touch them at all. What's the point?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hated it when Nanbaka switched to being all about the characters' dark backstories, but I am totally down for Ai-Mai-Mi doing that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

And... it would be less creepy if he didn't touch them at all. What's the point?

Because Darth Walrus said it was creepy that buff sensei freaked out about being hugged into breasts, rather than that he was hugged into breasts at all. Even if that was probably what they intended to say, which yeah I can agree with.

There's been a few things in Demi chan I thought were sorta weird or creepy, but none that happen consistently or strongly enough to really turn me off the show. Those things weren't really like harem elements though, or make me think there's supposed to be any romantic tension between teacher and student.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There needs to be more romantic tension between teacher and teacher, is my opinion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

There needs to be more romantic tension between teacher and teacher, is my opinion.

:yeah:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hated it when Nanbaka switched to being all about the characters' dark backstories, but I am totally down for Ai-Mai-Mi doing that.

:yeah:

miis real name is hilarious

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Two minute cat show has an episode without cats? DROPPED.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
As the resident "that guy" who would usually be the person who makes that comment, I have no problems with Demi-chan's relationships so far since it actively dissuades those notions. The hug freak out part was weird though, even if the rest of that part was fun.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Um, what do you mean switched to? Looks like someone hasn't been paying attention to Ponoka's deep lore :smug:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
3 episodes into Youjo Senki and drat, it is really good imo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's annoying that they don't subtitle the recipes at the end of Piace.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ponoka yo~

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

This is anime thinking. In reality a teacher or regular human being wouldn't actually react to boobs being pressed up against them during a hug.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

This is anime thinking. In reality a teacher or regular human being wouldn't actually react to boobs being pressed up against them during a hug.
ive had a lot of boobs pressed up against me during hugs, and i disagree

i mean you wouldn't have an anime freak out but you'd have some kind of reaction, even if it's only in your head

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Thor-Stryker posted:

Clearly you've never been a graduate TA.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thor-Stryker posted:

Yeah, I mean they're only like bags of sand, right?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Endorph posted:

ive had a lot of boobs pressed up against me during hugs, and i disagree

i mean you wouldn't have an anime freak out but you'd have some kind of reaction, even if it's only in your head

I mean, I could understand if you're like 5'2” and you just faceplant into them whenever you hug.
Otherwise they just feel like part of the chest unless it's skin on skin or they're so huge that it forces an awkward hug.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I mean they're only like bags of sand, right?

Very soft sand

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

There Bias Two posted:

Clearly you've never been a graduate TA.

Uh, I'm a graduate TA and ... naw.

What the hell kinda classes are you TAing?

E: maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am shocked, shocked, that a male character in an anime has an unrealistic exaggerated response to touching a girl.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thick, muscular arms

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a normal human being would never even notice being hugged by such massive pecs

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

(I couldn't find a good quality Gravity Falls version)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

a normal human being would never even notice being hugged by such massive pecs

He's gonna hug me and I'm going to find out right there and then that I'm abnormal

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Yesssss the characters in Scum's Wish are the worst, its gonna be the best entertainment. :unsmigghh:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

So...is there any context where the recap for Chaos;Head makes any sense? I feel like I understand even less about the setting than I did when I started watching, and I'm concerned that Chaos;Child is going to be more of the same.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

So...is there any context where the recap for Chaos;Head makes any sense? I feel like I understand even less about the setting than I did when I started watching, and I'm concerned that Chaos;Child is going to be more of the same.

The context is "reading the chaos;head VN." Which you should probably do if you're going to watch chaos;child. As someone who read chaos;head, the recap made perfect sense to me.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

AnoHito posted:

The context is "reading the chaos;head VN." Which you should probably do if you're going to watch chaos;child. As someone who read chaos;head, the recap made perfect sense to me.

Fair enough, thank you!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/829958980956889088

trhat manga series with the thousand couples that all look the exact same and that keeps repeating the same few jokes, well its getting an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I look forward to a few of those

• Locked thread