Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Elfgames posted:

i also feel like he should get some leeway since like every non naruto ninja has done some awful poo poo(which was the whole point, naruto ended the cycle of everyone trying to punish people for past crimes and poo poo)
Orochimaru's main hobby was dissecting children

I imagine Shigaraki is going to get "redeemed" in that he'll realize the error of his ways. He'll still likely go to prison though. Or die possibly- that's usually the copout for making it less gross to forgive mass murderers.

Like any ending where Shigaraki is defeated without ever realizing the whole truth of his existence and regretting his actions and being "saved" seems a bit too bittersweet for the overlying narrative Horikoshi is setting up. Midoriya is gonna be the better All Might- who doesn't just save people's lives, but their "hearts" too like Nana mentions.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shigaraki will die and midoriya will blame himself for it

Now please look forward to my hero academia: the dark might returns

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Slime posted:

What if they got the death penalty, died, then got resurrected? They served their sentence.

"Served their sentence", bullshit. Honestly, I have never held that the death sentence has ever held any kind of sway.

The kind of person that lives a life committing crimes warranting the death penalty faces every day with the possibility of execution, except instead of being wheeled into a sterile room with injections, they probably involve bleeding out from being shot or stabbed in a back alley somewhere, or laying in a shallow grave out in the woods, without that complicated due process thing. Death row is just a nice little relaxation period where they don't have to watch their backs quite as diligently, because the authorities aren't going to kill a man before sentence is passed, before going to sleep for the last time.

And then _they get resurrected_? We should be so glad that we can't resurrect people in real life. In anime, that idea's even worse.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 8, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Shigaraki will die and midoriya will blame himself for it

Now please look forward to my hero academia: the dark might returns
Midoriya not being able to save Shigaraki and being haunted by it would be good if this was more of a seinen audience kinda thing.

I dunno if the series will ever actually do the "You can't save everybody" thing in the meaning that at some point you'll fail to save somebody rather than what All Might said about how he can't be everywhere at once.

Like honestly, I bet money we'll never see Bakugou lose a fight in the entire series run because of his "guy that never ever loses" shtick. He even had a convenient out for not facing Mirio in a spar because his narrative means that he won't even lose sparring matches. He only gets his rear end kicked by All Might, which I imagine he tolerates.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya not being able to save Shigaraki and being haunted by it would be good if this was more of a seinen audience kinda thing.

I dunno if the series will ever actually do the "You can't save everybody" thing in the meaning that at some point you'll fail to save somebody rather than what All Might said about how he can't be everywhere at once.

Like honestly, I bet money we'll never see Bakugou lose a fight in the entire series run because of his "guy that never ever loses" shtick. He even had a convenient out for not facing Mirio in a spar because his narrative means that he won't even lose sparring matches. He only gets his rear end kicked by All Might, which I imagine he tolerates.

He already lost to Deku, though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vengarr posted:

He already lost to Deku, though.
On a technicality. And this was before his views on what makes a hero were declared.

Basically kinda like Zoro declaring heel never lose again after being defeated by Hawkeyes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zoro does actually lose after saying that a few times

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fabricated posted:

On a technicality. And this was before his views on what makes a hero were declared.

Basically kinda like Zoro declaring heel never lose again after being defeated by Hawkeyes.

No, Deku dodged his attack and countered. If he'd been aiming for Bakugou instead of the pillar, he would have been crushed. That's why his meltdown page had him saying "Even though we were fighting seriously, I lost to Deku."

He already had his idea of what being a hero entails, that's why he melted down so completely.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fabricated posted:

this latest chapter was pretty loving seinen in some ways, both visually and thematically, tbh

MHA has been pretty "smart" for a shonen series. Sure it's got some of the tropes but it also analyzes things in a much more mature way a lot of the time.

And then other times you've just got sticky ballsface being a perv to bring the cerebralness down a few notches again

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Invictus posted:

this latest chapter was pretty loving seinen in some ways, both visually and thematically, tbh

MHA has been pretty "smart" for a shonen series. Sure it's got some of the tropes but it also analyzes things in a much more mature way a lot of the time.

And then other times you've just got sticky ballsface being a perv to bring the cerebralness down a few notches again

It kind reminds me of HxH in a way, particularly with the latest chapter suddenly ratcheting up the horror and gore a few notches. I have a feeling it's not going to go quite as serious/dark though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Bakugou lost to the meatballer guy as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shiragaki sucks and I hope he gets redeemed and dies

overhaul is where its at

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Manatee Cannon posted:

zoro does actually lose after saying that a few times

Please do not defame Zoro with such slanderous lies.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/126/4007/1

That face...

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's a lot to take in here...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That there is loving plot relevance and explanation to that throwaway gag is blowing my god drat mind

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You just know someone's getting off to that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kild posted:

That face...

I'm impressed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
both MHA and one piece had unbelievably good chapters this week, like some of the best they've had in ages, yay!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
That is certainly a thing that happened.

Captain Invictus posted:

That there is loving plot relevance and explanation to that throwaway gag is blowing my god drat mind

Absolute madness

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

You just know Horikoshi's getting off to that.

we had to find out something weird about him eventually now that the editors can't contain him

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
TICKLE HELL

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Fetishes.
Bubble girl's mask is interesting. I wonder what her quirk is, that that's part of her costume?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Bubble Girl's outfit is some bizarre derivative mashup between Uraraka's suit and a Gantz suit and I don't like it.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Such cool, good chapter :nexus:

There are a ton of good little character beats in this one. That's one of the things I love about this series.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Bubble Girl's outfit is some bizarre derivative mashup between Uraraka's suit and a Gantz suit and I don't like it.

Me neither but it's some contest winner. I'm wondering if it was just a random chance or they decided it was the best of the submissions.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I love everything about Sir and his design. Perfect Horikoshi.

Also Jesus, that face. This is so good.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Xarbala posted:

I'm impressed.

Sir is not, though...Pull up, Midoriya, pull up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

You just know someone's getting off to that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man, Mirio getting deathflaggy here.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Man first the villains killing each other with no buildup and now aggressive Fetish stuff, this comic is growing up fast.........

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
On first read I assumed that All Might saying that he'd "broken up" with Night Eye was a casual reveal that he was gay and spent the rest of my chapter read stunned, but on reread I realized no, it was the mostly platonic superhero type of breakup

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Why not both :v: ?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mercury Hat posted:

Why not both :v: ?
I mean, I won't discount the possibility.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I would strongly suggest against revising your opinion of characters based on mangastream translations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry all might's gay now that's the rules

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The Japanese would have assumed that anyway. To them, musclebound men implies it. So why not both?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Tollymain posted:

sorry all might's gay now that's the rules

..."Now"?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
All Might is definitely asexual and I don't see how anyone could read him any other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Countblanc posted:

All Might is definitely asexual and I don't see how anyone could read him any other way.
Yeah, that's how I've always interpreted him, which is why my misreading surprised me