Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Is there a list of other suggested starting ships for an EOTE group besides the 3 in the core book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

LongDarkNight posted:

Is there a list of other suggested starting ships for an EOTE group besides the 3 in the core book?

The book says they can have any ship costing 120k or less. So you can give them whatever you want.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Quoting this since a bunch of PbP games have cropped up, and jivjov's game is proving quite readily that Discord is a vastly superior format in every way.

As an update, we have a permanent bot now and it does icons.

Oh, speaking of PbP, is anyone in here aware of games accepting new members? I wouldn't mind joining a new SWRPG game, and I'm happy to use Discord.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, speaking of PbP, is anyone in here aware of games accepting new members? I wouldn't mind joining a new SWRPG game, and I'm happy to use Discord.

Frajaq's game is currently recruiting: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806872

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thanks for the heads-up! I've thrown my hat into the ring, so let's see how this pans out.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Bit of an odd question. In the WEG RPG there was a stun weapon called a street sweeper. It was basically a stun shotgun that was hilarious to use both positive and negative. Our worst shot in the group used it and many laughs/groans were had.

Any chance there is something like this in one of the books.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Raged posted:

Bit of an odd question. In the WEG RPG there was a stun weapon called a street sweeper. It was basically a stun shotgun that was hilarious to use both positive and negative. Our worst shot in the group used it and many laughs/groans were had.

Any blaster weapon can be turned into a shotgun (gets the blast quality) with a weapon attachment. Almost all blaster weapons have the stun setting by default. Blast basically lets you hit extra targets than the primary target by spending advantage and even if you miss you can still spend advantage to have the blast targets hit although it cost more advantage. Blasters that only have the stun setting (and no lethal) are also cheaper if they just want to go for that. Really though its super easy to hit minions in this game if they have something as low as 2 agility. Aim and shoot will be enough to mathematically get a hit against some stormtroopers out of cover.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Been playing little short solo sessions of the Star Wars RPG with my 6 going on 7 year old. She's very tentative about charting out her dude's next move "I'm not sure if it's a good idea but..." "It's probably not going to work but..." "I don't know what to do..." But she still really enjoys it, especially the dice rolling.

I find I'm a lot more reserved with my descriptions of fangorious violence. "Five successes and an advantage. That's 11 damage with your lightsaber! You swing at him and he falls to the ground... uh... defeated. SOUNDLY defeated."

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Been playing little short solo sessions of the Star Wars RPG with my 6 going on 7 year old. She's very tentative about charting out her dude's next move "I'm not sure if it's a good idea but..." "It's probably not going to work but..." "I don't know what to do..." But she still really enjoys it, especially the dice rolling.

I find I'm a lot more reserved with my descriptions of fangorious violence. "Five successes and an advantage. That's 11 damage with your lightsaber! You swing at him and he falls to the ground... uh... defeated. SOUNDLY defeated."

It's like "taming" stray dogs in Earthbound with baseball bats, bottle rockets, and psionic fire!

Sounds fantastic, though, this system is so great for young kids.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Raged posted:

There is the ACP Array gun in Dangerous Covenants, and the Corondexx VES-700 Pulse Rifle in Fly Casual, both are basically blaster shotguns and both have stun settings.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You could probably have them fall on their butts/poop their pants/start crying with really good rolls.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

homullus posted:

You could probably have them fall on their butts/poop their pants/start crying with really good rolls.

My players get really excited when they play too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

For my regular group of nominally adult players, my session is just about ready but I am short one thing:

I need a mid-level crime lord. Not like a full on Viggo/Hutt Lord, but not some arm-breaking thug either. Like just an up-and-coming made man capo with his retinue and his slice of a mega-city.

I have the 3 core books and TFA/AOR starters, along with all the adversary decks (looking through didn't find anything that quite suited.)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

For my regular group of nominally adult players, my session is just about ready but I am short one thing:

I need a mid-level crime lord. Not like a full on Viggo/Hutt Lord, but not some arm-breaking thug either. Like just an up-and-coming made man capo with his retinue and his slice of a mega-city.

I have the 3 core books and TFA/AOR starters, along with all the adversary decks (looking through didn't find anything that quite suited.)

I've used Black Sun Vigo and just didn't give him the Adversary levels. Otherwise, you could go with Pirate Captain or one of the Rival dudes like Corrupt Bureaucrat.

There's always this list: http://swrpg.viluppo.net/adversaries/adversaries/

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I’d consider using the Yarkora Treasure Hunter from the Edge core and swap out Lore for Knowledge: Underworld.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Got my copy of No Disintegrations! Time to hunt some bounties!

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

jivjov posted:

You going to give us some first impressions or did you just come here to brag?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

jivjov posted:

Hows the Bounty Hunter/Donnie Yen career specialization looking?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

We talking just a rival tier or nemesis tier enemy?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

nelson posted:

You going to give us some first impressions or did you just come here to brag?

I can drop some sick deets if you want. Any requests?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

kingcom posted:

Hows the Bounty Hunter/Donnie Yen career specialization looking?

Pretty good. Some fun new talents, like one that lets you spend Destiny Points to let you dodge better, an enhanced Grapple, and Precision Strike, which lets you choose the type of Crit you inflict on people.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

jivjov posted:

Pretty good. Some fun new talents, like one that lets you spend Destiny Points to let you dodge better, an enhanced Grapple, and Precision Strike, which lets you choose the type of Crit you inflict on people.

Hell yeah. My brawler just got more killy.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

jivjov posted:

I was looking over the leaked info and yeah between precision strikes and being able to parry with unarmed holy poo poo did brawlers become terrifying now. Whats the enhanced grapple do?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is the YV-666 cool??

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

kingcom posted:

I was looking over the leaked info and yeah between precision strikes and being able to parry with unarmed holy poo poo did brawlers become terrifying now. Whats the enhanced grapple do?

takes two maneuvers instead of one to escape

Epi Lepi posted:

Is the YV-666 cool??

Sil 4 Speed 3 Handling -2

priced to be a starting ship for a party, if I recall the cutoff correctly (132,000 credits)

6 hard points, comes stock with a dorsal retractable quad turret and a pair of forward mounted light laser cannons.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Nah, starting cutoff is 120k.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Talkie Toaster posted:

Nah, starting cutoff is 120k.

Which is wierd since I think the party bus is a really good ship for an rpg group.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

132K is close enough to the cutoff that you could probably let the party start with it in exchange for giving it a couple mechanical issues that will take time, money, and effort to repair.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Or let em take on the requisite amount of obligation and pool the difference to buy a helltruck.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Anyone planning a FaD game via roll20 or something similar? I know some other games were recruiting but they seemed to be AoR/EotE and pbp which isn't really my thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
There's discord. I might run a game via it in a month or so.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Yeah, forgot about discord. Cool, let me know. Was in a game with a mixed group going through EotE and FaD stuff alternately which was cool and prevented things from getting stale. Was also nice to have an auto-fire bounty hunter around while our force babbys struggled to swing laser swords and move things with their minds. Unfortunately things petered out.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
Does anybody know of any resources for running the FFG system in the old republic era?

Anything at all, from old republic ship or gear stats to plot or similar breakdowns, would be helpful. My players want to play Old Republic era pretty bad and I'd like to see if there are any resources before I bust my hump filling in the blanks.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Darius099 posted:

Does anybody know of any resources for running the FFG system in the old republic era?

Anything at all, from old republic ship or gear stats to plot or similar breakdowns, would be helpful. My players want to play Old Republic era pretty bad and I'd like to see if there are any resources before I bust my hump filling in the blanks.

I feel like technology is so static in the setting you could probably get away with just liberal reskinning everything- TIE fighters into Sith Interceptors, Stormtroopers into Sith Troopers, YT-whatever into Dynamic-Class, Z-95 into Liberator, etc. A lot of stuff is functionally identical based on playing through the games, maybe just a bit more emphasis on melee combat and liberal use of corteosis in same, so give your stormSithtroopers all saber-proof vibroswords and call it a day.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Darius099 posted:

How old we talkin? You could always dig out the WEG Tales of the Jedi books and then just hand wave stats like Otisburg says.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I'm actually running a campaign set at the end of the mando wars so like right before KOTOR1 and I'm mostly just using the regular ships and ignoring the more iconic "modern" ships like x-wings and ties. It gives me a nice excuse to use some of the more obscure ships.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've played and ran multiple old republic games: The biggest thing you need to do is make Cortosis standard for all armors above a certain grade [and for all melee weapons, generally]. This is because, unlike in the normal settings, Jedi can be pretty common. And where as in the normal game even if you do have a lightsaber you might not wanna use it constantly, there's no reason to not always light up your beam saber all day every day.

I gave my Old Republic Jedi-Padawan game the Duty mechanic from Age of Rebellion, to represent that they did, actually, have an organization they reported to [the Jedi Council], and their morality was more of something that people actually interacted with, since the Council more than once mentioned one of the PCs being 'troubled'.

It's basically a much 'free-r' setting than the normal setting for the books. No need to constantly worry about Vader tracking down a rogue force user and killing him, just 'normal' sith/jedi doing so.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In a couple weeks I'll be running a one shot while our DnD DM is out of town. One of my players has played before when I ran the Edge intro pack adventure while the rest of the party has never played before. How is the Force Awakens intro pack? I plan to bring all the premade characters from the other three intro packs and let them pick and choose. I would like to just run Edge again since I know it but I don't want to bore the one player.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

In a couple weeks I'll be running a one shot while our DnD DM is out of town. One of my players has played before when I ran the Edge intro pack adventure while the rest of the party has never played before. How is the Force Awakens intro pack? I plan to bring all the premade characters from the other three intro packs and let them pick and choose. I would like to just run Edge again since I know it but I don't want to bore the one player.

I don't think the FnD intro is anything like the others. I also don't think a lot of the FnD published adventures would make sense with Edge and AoR characters. They are typically built around all-Jedi parties, IIRC. You could probably shoe-horn in whatever you want, but not sure what the end result will be like.

If you want to run edge, just run that. You could do the continuation of the intro that is on ffg's site. Or you could do the GM screen adventure. Some of the splatbooks and stuff like Lords of Nal Hutta have modular encounters that are interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't think the FnD intro is anything like the others. I also don't think a lot of the FnD published adventures would make sense with Edge and AoR characters. They are typically built around all-Jedi parties, IIRC. You could probably shoe-horn in whatever you want, but not sure what the end result will be like.

If you want to run edge, just run that. You could do the continuation of the intro that is on ffg's site. Or you could do the GM screen adventure. Some of the splatbooks and stuff like Lords of Nal Hutta have modular encounters that are interesting.

He said Force Awakens, not Force and Destiny.