Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Was it my imagination or did Mick's accent slip a bit during his intro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure they're week skipping in preparation for sweeps. They spread out the second half of the season like this every year with a couple episodes and then weeks of delay in between. It is by far the most annoying thing about television.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

lotus circle posted:

I'm pretty sure they're week skipping in preparation for sweeps. They spread out the second half of the season like this every year with a couple episodes and then weeks of delay in between. It is by far the most annoying thing about television.

It reminds me of this great bit of dialogue in S02 of Arrow:

Rando Cop: Sir, all of Starling City is under attack!

Lance: It must be May...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ubachung posted:

Was it my imagination or did Mick's accent slip a bit during his intro?

Mick is usually so guttural that it's hard to tell. I know I heard Amaya's accent briefly slip when she went diving after Nate, which is funny because just watching the show you'd be hard pressed to say that Masie Richardson-Sellers was actually British.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

lotus circle posted:

Incorrect. They did this last year and it sucked. They aren't doing it this year. Only the one week break as far as we know.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

CW has some sort of Tough Mudder TV special next week for some reason.

It also looks like there's a Supergirl Flash crossover on the week of March 20th so they are probably futzing with the schedule for alignment.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also keep in mind that Legends has like almost 10 fewer episodes a season than Arrow/Flash/Supergirl because it's way more expensive to produce, so they're also probably trying to balance things around the show ending for the year like two months earlier than the rest of the Arrowverse does.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Legends order got expended to 17 this year so it's only 6 fewer episodes than Flash.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So happy that the Christmas episode turned into an homage to the greatest Christmas movie of all time... Die Hard.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Not that I should be picking at the logic of a show like this, but didn't the stinger of last episode have Rip outright killing George Washington? I could have sworn the Legion of Doom even said something like "you just killed George Washington!" right before they armed the British with assault rifles at the beginning of the episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Not that I should be picking at the logic of a show like this, but didn't the stinger of last episode have Rip outright killing George Washington? I could have sworn the Legion of Doom even said something like "you just killed George Washington!" right before they armed the British with assault rifles at the beginning of the episode.

I think you're supposed to assume that Rip "killed" Washington to set off the Timequake to draw the Idiots to 1776 then went back in time a few hours before he killed Washington so he could spring the trap he'd just baited when they tried to save Washington.

Yeah it flies in the face of that "no, you can't just go back in time even further and take a mulligan on your gently caress up" thing from last season, but Rip just doesn't give a solid poo poo about Time Rules now that he's evil.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

But the British troops with assault rifles are the ones who attacked that party where the team was meeting Washington, meaning it had to happen after the "You killed GW!" scene at the beginning where they were first armed.

Or, again, maybe I'm just pushing too hard at the show's consistency?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Your problem in this case is giving this show a moment of thought. This show is mindless action to the highest degree.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Kill Washington -> time quake -> go back to before you killed Washington -> intercept Legends trying to stop you from killing Washington

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yes, the killing of Washington was simply a way to get the Wave Rider in one place so Rip could board and get the spear. Washington's death was just a means to an end.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
I think what people are saying is that Rip goes on to address some British troops, starting his speech with "General Washington is dead!" and then he gives them assault rifles.

Presumably he then goes back in time to before killing Washington where he proceeds to rearm the British with assault rifles.

This show makes no sense but I still love it.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Killing George Washington then going back in time a little bit more and killing him again but this time with machine guns is an awesome plot.

Best thing on TV right now.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Unkempt posted:

Killing George Washington then going back in time a little bit more and killing him again but this time with machine guns is an awesome plot.

Best thing on TV right now.

Rip got turned so evil he decided to kill Washington twice. Just for shits and giggles.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
George Washington's a punk.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Rip Kills Washington - Timequake - Legends go back and make his attempt to kill Washington fail. Rip doesn't need to travel back twice.

Between this, Travelers and Timeless, I am watching too many time travel TV shows.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
It's sad I hated rip last season but i am actually enjoying evil rip. I hope they never get him back.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Neon Knight posted:

Rip Kills Washington - Timequake - Legends go back and make his attempt to kill Washington fail. Rip doesn't need to travel back twice.

Between this, Travelers and Timeless, I am watching too many time travel TV shows.

Thanks, added Travelers... :)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Travelers is worth watching. It's Canadian as gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

It's really good. XO hyped it and he was 100% right.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

GreenNight posted:

No it isn't... Roger Cross has yet to appear in it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Neon Knight posted:

But that doesn't solve the problem of the guns.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hughlander posted:

By the law of Canadian TV this will be rectified sooner or later.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm starting to think Ian Tracey is poaching Roger Cross's mandated sci-fi appearances.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Are we ignoring Rory and George going 300 on a bunch of red coats? Because I drat near flew out of my chair!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I laughed when George learned the word Kaboom. I laughed again when Mick used himself as a bowling ball and knocked over a dozen redcoats. Yet again I laughed when the dude pointed the rifle at Mick. It was a good sequence. This was a good episode. This is a good show.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Stunt Rock posted:

Incorrect. They did this last year and it sucked. They aren't doing it this year. Only the one week break as far as we know.
No they definitely did it a couple years ago. I remember because Flash Season 1 aired and they kept us in major suspense over the middle part of the season, when the Thawne plot was finally starting to kick into the main storyline. They're definitely doing multiple breaks this year again for sweeps week - otherwise they can't time Flash's big plot this year when Iris is not-coincidentally scheduled to be killed by Savitar on the day the season finale normally airs.

That said, it will be seen how many breaks LOT has in particular when it only has a handful of episodes left now. They'll probably want to make sure the last couple air on the sweeps if nothing else.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 9, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hughlander posted:

He's full time on another show so he isn't doing guest appearances.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

lotus circle posted:

That said, it will be seen how many breaks LOT has in particular when it only has a handful of episodes left now. They'll probably want to make sure the last couple air on the sweeps if nothing else.

If wiki is to be believed LoT ends April 4 (to make room for iZombie?), so they're only going to take two weeks off the rest of the season.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

He's full time on another show so he isn't doing guest appearances.

That never stopped the lord of time, space and Canadian sci-fi before.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Roger Cross does not audition. Roger Cross does not do casting calls. Roger Cross shows up on set and the director yells ACTION

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Roger Cross does not audition. Roger Cross does not do casting calls. Roger Cross shows up on set and the director yells ACTION

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
now I want a Being John Malkovich sorta movie where Roger Cross has a wealthy benefactor who bankrolls canadian scifi productions that just seem to pop up and wrap up as soon as he comes and goes from a given location.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I see Ian Tracey all over the drat place in Canadian productions now too. He is literally on 3 different shows I'm watching. poo poo, he was on Supernatural last week too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

I see Ian Tracey all over the drat place in Canadian productions now too. He is literally on 3 different shows I'm watching. poo poo, he was on Supernatural last week too.

He's usually fantastic in everything he shows up in and he has a pretty wide range. Add Ryan RObbins to the pile and you have the Canadian Hat Trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I don't know hockey had hat tricks.

With them constantly changing the opening I want one of them to just be like a season 1 Oliver Queen opening just gor kicks.

• Locked thread