Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Had my first Feora3 game last night. Incite lets you do some ridiculous stuff, but I have the feeling she's gonna be pretty assassinate-able. (This game was against a Durst list with literally no shooting, so she could just sit behind her lines shining Incite all over them) I'm also not too sure she's got much of a Plan B going on, which is a bit of an issue once people adjust to what Incite-d things can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Protectorate Army - 71 / 75 points

(Malekus 1) Malekus, the Burning Truth [+30]
- Eye of Truth [20]
- Hand of Judgment [18]
- Reckoner [16]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]

How should I fill in the last 4 points? Rhupert, a book, a vassal and a wrack, lots of options. Any thoughts?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I am really liking Vassals atm so I would probably go that route. You don't need Rhupert's pathfinder song too much there and I find Tough so unreliable that I wouldn't put him in just for that. The Book is never a bad pick though.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah, I do like vassals. I think that with malekus's package I'd go with a mechanik for the last point. He doesn't need a wrack that much imo. Though with an arc node now that may change, I have a chance of getting scourges off.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Mechanik is good. You can always use him to contest late game too.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The Book is almost always the right answer. That thing is a Swiss Army Knife of utility and I have never once been unhappy I brought it along instead of something else.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Pash posted:

My current thoughts for Thorn gun mages (I plan to get 2 units) are a fun fluffy Ashlynn list full of every Llaelese model I can get to synergize with Gibbs.

I would like to subscribe to your list building ideas. I don't get to play a lot of games so I'm interested in hearing what you find fun, so I can skip to those builds. I'm looking to play some beer and pretzels style games with my brother and some friends and transporting a small Mercs force is sounding more attractive than trucking around one full Skorne army with all their fiddly bits and flags.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rydiafan posted:

Guys I know nobody in this thread (or the world) currently gives a poo poo about Convergence, but I made this list to force myself to try the Prime Conflux and it turns out it's sexy and good and keeps winning.

Convergence Army - 75 / 75 points
Theme: Destruction Initiative

(Directrix 1) Iron Mother Directrix [+27]
- Exponent Servitors
- Corollary [6]
- Prime Conflux [37]
- Monitor [16]
- Monitor [16]
Optifex Directive [4]
Optifex Directive [4]
Transfinite Emergence Projector [19]
- Permutation Servitors
Attunement Servitors [0]
Attunement Servitors [0]
Elimination Servitors [0]
Elimination Servitors [0]
Armory (Steamroller) [0]

Are you... surprised that it's good? This looks like a ton of fun to play btw

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

GoodBee posted:

I would like to subscribe to your list building ideas. I don't get to play a lot of games so I'm interested in hearing what you find fun, so I can skip to those builds. I'm looking to play some beer and pretzels style games with my brother and some friends and transporting a small Mercs force is sounding more attractive than trucking around one full Skorne army with all their fiddly bits and flags.

Dunno if this's what you're looking for but this seems super fun

http://conflictchamber.com/#b61b5r9q5X9v9u7z7_g8gigi3G3H8M7k

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

(Ashlynn 1) Ashlynn D'Elyse [+29]
- Rocinante [18]
- Mangler [15]
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Ragman [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage [5]
Major Harrison Gibbs [4]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

chutche2 posted:

Protectorate Army - 71 / 75 points

(Malekus 1) Malekus, the Burning Truth [+30]
- Eye of Truth [20]
- Hand of Judgment [18]
- Reckoner [16]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]

How should I fill in the last 4 points? Rhupert, a book, a vassal and a wrack, lots of options. Any thoughts?

Either the book so your Idrians can also light things on fire with their weapons in preparation for Malekus' feat, or a Hierophant+Wrack so Malekus can lob even more fire nukes

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Okay, my casual friends have left the game and I'd like to keep going with the big tournament players. The problem is, I suck. Please help me make a list out of this and give me some hints on how to use it.

Retribution of Scyrah

Casters
Rahn
Kaelyssa
Helena

Myrmidons
Discordia
Phoenix
Hydra
Manticore
Griffon x2
Chimera x3

Units
Shyeel Battle Mages
Dawnguard Sentinels
Houseguard Riflemen
Heavy Rifle Team

Solos
Mage Hunter Assassin
Elara1

Kind of looking at the Theme force but I need some arcanist mechanics. Those are next on the purchase list. Then an Aspis because I like the way it looks.

Since I started playing with friends, I went with stuff that looked cool and fun. This has proven not to be an optimal choice for competing. The whole reason I play Ret is because I liked the look of the Myrmidons, not for any gameplay concerns.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Beerdeer posted:

Okay, my casual friends have left the game and I'd like to keep going with the big tournament players. The problem is, I suck. Please help me make a list out of this and give me some hints on how to use it.

Retribution of Scyrah

Casters
Rahn
Kaelyssa
Helena

Myrmidons
Discordia
Phoenix
Hydra
Manticore
Griffon x2
Chimera x3

Units
Shyeel Battle Mages
Dawnguard Sentinels
Houseguard Riflemen
Heavy Rifle Team

Solos
Mage Hunter Assassin
Elara1

Kind of looking at the Theme force but I need some arcanist mechanics. Those are next on the purchase list. Then an Aspis because I like the way it looks.

Since I started playing with friends, I went with stuff that looked cool and fun. This has proven not to be an optimal choice for competing. The whole reason I play Ret is because I liked the look of the Myrmidons, not for any gameplay concerns.

You have lots of warjacks and no arcanists. I know you said you are planning on getting them, but you absolutely need 3 if you want to run any amount of warjacks. Ret warjacks are very pillow fisted without them.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Troll pros, Does Jarl suck hard right now? He is my favorite looking warlock but I don't think I have any units that he likes. Would I go with sluggers or highwaymen for him? Both? Right now all I have is a full kitted out Fennblades with UA + Fell Caller and min unit of Bushwhackers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Razzled posted:

Troll pros, Does Jarl suck hard right now? He is my favorite looking warlock but I don't think I have any units that he likes. Would I go with sluggers or highwaymen for him? Both? Right now all I have is a full kitted out Fennblades with UA + Fell Caller and min unit of Bushwhackers.

I wouldn't say I'm a troll pro, but this is my current Skuld list that I've had both a lot of fun and a lot of success with, and I usually get dropped into jerks that ignore clouds/the feat!

Skuld
-Impaler
-Mauler
-Blitzer
-Blitzer
Braylen
Whelps
Highwaymen
Krielstone (min)
-UA
Sluggers
-Sorcerer UA

Skuld has a hard time getting all his upkeeps out and keeping them up, since he wants his fury for magic bullet, so you need to choose which ones are important to your matchup. Typically it's quicken on highwaymen, secrets on the sluggers, and tac on either Jarl himself or one of the Blitzers. Swift hunter + Dual attack is awesome on the Blitzers and you should exploit it as much as possible!

Fueling the stones can be tough, I usually run them pretty dry until I need them.

E: The list is currently at 74 points, so you can swap the sorc for a runebearer for the extra focus/free magic bullet, I run the sorc because I have a lot of Menoth/Incorp players running around

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 9, 2017

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Razzled posted:

I have yet to play in a game of Mk3 with Jarl where I haven't spent at least a turn or two of the game wishing I had taken either Grissel2 or Gunnbjorn instead. Jarl's spell list is unique for trolls and his feat can be useful, but if I want a fast moving army with defensive shenanigans Grissel2 fills the same role with a substantially better gun, gives out immunity to free strikes, and a feat that gives everybody in your army tactical supremacy and a potential armor buff. Jarl has a cool toolbox, but he's made of paper, can't fuel a stone to save his life (not that his playstyle lends itself to using it anyway), and when it comes to solving problems with violence, Grissel2's yell is just better than Jarl's pistols. That being said, it is super entertaining watching a Blitzer bulldoze stuff with normal movement, shoot three models to death, swift hunter forward six inches, and then punch the everliving poo poo out of something that was very well defended a moment ago.

That being said, Fennblades + UA + Quicken is a brutally long threat range and if you want to pick up a stone scribe chronicler they sit at DEF 16 against shooting. If your group uses a lot of terrain you can create some very difficult to enter chokepoints just by blocking enemy LoS with clouds, which can be very effective at forcing your opponent to either sacrifice scenario tempo or to walk into your killzone.

Both Sluggers and Highwaymen are good with Jarl, since they're moderately self-sufficient units already. I don't think you can really go wrong with sluggers at the moment. The buffs to them were super helpful in making them a very useful general purpose ranged unit. Tactical supremacy is especially useful for them as it lets them stay out of most charge ranges without expending too many resources protecting them (treat it like a pseudo-snipe), and giving them Hunter from Weald Secrets is great if you run into armies that can pass out concealment or cover easily.

Highwaymen are amazing *if* you have Braylen. Those little POW 10s can threaten lights and even some heavy beasts/jacks with the sheer volume of three dice attacks they throw out via backstab bonuses. It can be a little nerve wracking keeping the highwaymen safe and alive until you can get the backstab shots off, but with quicken you can usually keep them out on a flank (stay away from stuff like widowmakers). If Braylen and 5 or so highwaymen can get behind enemy lines without having to run that turn, ooh boy are you going to have fun. The entire support staff of your enemy is probably dead, and if they aren't dealt with on your opponent's turn (Braylen especially, so keep her safe) odds are good you're going to turn their caster into paste.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

S.J. posted:

Are you... surprised that it's good? This looks like a ton of fun to play btw

Mostly just surprised at how well the Conflux is performing. I expected to always with I had an Axiom, but this thing is legit.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

S.J. posted:

Dunno if this's what you're looking for but this seems super fun

http://conflictchamber.com/#b61b5r9q5X9v9u7z7_g8gigi3G3H8M7k

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

- Rocinante [18]
- Mangler [15]
Ragman [4]
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage [5]
Major Harrison Gibbs [4]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]

I keep forgetting that I can run Idrians with Ashlynn now. Plus my brother owns them so I don't even have to transport them.

More fun Ashlynn lists please!

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

GoodBee posted:

I keep forgetting that I can run Idrians with Ashlynn now. Plus my brother owns them so I don't even have to transport them.

More fun Ashlynn lists please!

Ok!

This one drops a unit of Gun Mages because Gibbs' command range is only 7'', and keeping Ashlynn + the mages in it seems like a chore.

quote:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b61b5r5X9v5Xg8gi3G3HbH9ufj7z

Mercenary Army - 69 / 75 points

!!! Your army must contain at least 99 total points.

- Mangler [15]
- Mangler [15]

Dahlia Hallyr [17]
- Skarath

Thorn Gun Mages [9]

Ragman [4]

Major Harrison Gibbs [4]

Savio Montero Acosta [6]

Dahlia + Savio are absolute terrors to have near your [opponent's] army under Ashlynn's feat. Dunno what to do about the last 6 points, but I was thinking of adding in a mortar for some added ranged threat.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I don't know how competitive Jarl is right now but he is a total funhouse caster. Quickened Fenns or tuffalo are a blast, and tacsup is great on sluggers.

He's a great duder. Play him and have fun.

rydiafan posted:

Mostly just surprised at how well the Conflux is performing. I expected to always with I had an Axiom, but this thing is legit.

What is the conflux doing that an axiom wouldn't do? You're a few modulators short of capitalizing on lightning damage.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Played my first game with High Reclaimer last night, got blown away by Deneghra1 when I spent too much focus on Ashes to Ashes and got Feated+Crippled upon.

I was running Idrians+UA and 3 Knights+UA but I think I'm going to change over to the following and see how I like the Cleansers, who have been unassembled on my desk for months:

(High Reclaimer 1) The High Reclaimer [+32]
- Eye of Truth [20]
- Templar [15]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Flameguard Cleansers (max) [15]
- Flameguard Cleanser Officer [4]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [5]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [5]

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I might pick up a lot of dwarves so I'm messing around with them in war room. Oh man idrians with gunfighter sounds silly as hell for madhammer's turn.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Idgi, their guns are only 1 more pow than their kopi? They don't get the addtl die unless they have aoe.

Unless you can CRA with gunfighter?? P sure that's only for huge bases

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 10, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah but they can charge in with the kopi in the same turn. It doubles their possible melee attacks.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

They don't have dual attack you dingleberry.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Sorry ive had bad insomnia this week that was uncalled for you were just excited :smith:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ugh I keep mixing up what exploits work between gunfighter assault and point blank.
Well I'm still bringing them because they're good

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Real men do double idrians with Fiona and just prey the enemy wardude and hotswop Nonokrion between them :getin:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Point blank and assault work right? Raluk finally has a jack that works with him?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

lol if you don't have mules assault in and knock themselves down with a crit devastation.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

What is the conflux doing that an axiom wouldn't do? You're a few modulators short of capitalizing on lightning damage.

Conflux's main gun has a longer range and higher POW. It hits hard targets at range better.

I didn't build for modulators, opting for the TEP instead. It's been treating me right.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rydiafan posted:

lol if you don't have mules assault in and knock themselves down with a crit devastation.

I'm so hard plastic sculpt rn...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Lol that was my first idea before I remembered the Mariner existed

Ratt
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Idrians with Madhammer are pretty great. Go to Ground is very useful for Primed, since they don't care about their armor anyways, Primed + Prey puts their damage and accuracy extremely high, and since they have AD you can get them up far ahead, send them in as suicide troops, then cast primed on the next unit. High speed + def + pathfinder is also great for running to engage for maximum explosive jamming.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

rydiafan posted:

I must do this. I would consider that game a success.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Point blank and assault work right? Raluk finally has a jack that works with him?

Yes, point blank and assault work together to give you two attacks with your gun. Hopefully one day mercs get more than one jack you can use with moorclaw without the limitation of self knockdown or loader :v:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Buccaneers work with him ok.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Those already have assault you doofus!

Oh man if the OAC get gunfighter that's a lot of boosted shots... if I take oac

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Those already have assault you doofus!

Oh, good point. How about a Vanguard?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

For reals though, that assault thing is just a stupid dead rule on his card. I just use him as an excuse to bring warjacks in my minion armies.

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003
I haven't touched mercs since mk2 but a rover seems worth testing out with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The Rover and Mangler are the two jacks I'd considered taking with him. Especially in minions.