Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

300 would uh, be a fairly intense year considering it isn't even Valentine's Day yet. :stare:

I assume they just mean logging in the site and not actually watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Or possibly last year, not 2017. Still a high number but I've had years like that where I watched something almost every single day.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Figure I'll post this here too. I made a list for the 2017 update of the They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? list. https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-1000-greatest/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Figure I'll post this here too. I made a list for the 2017 update of the They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? list. https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-1000-greatest/

Liked and cloned.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

What are the most obscure movies you've rated on Letterboxd? Go to your films and sort by popularity.

Mine:

Arroseur et arrosé (1896) - watched by 19 people
Praying With Lior (2008) - watched by 15 people
A Girl of the Limberlost (1990) - 13 people
Sleeping Dogs Lie (2005) - 13 people
2000 Years Of Christianity: God And The Burdened (1999, Herzog) - 9 people
Lessons in Film (1991, Herzog) - 4 people

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Cool game, and a decent way to get some off the beaten path recs. Good show, spatulater:

- Sci-Fi Monsters (1998) - Simitar direct-to-video creature-feature trailer comp, only me
- Fase (2002) - 4 people
- From Romance to Ritual (1985) - 7 people
- Plastic Utopia (1997) - YTotD rec, 8 people
- Weed (1972) - 17 people

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Raxivace posted:

How About "The Best Movies Where "555" Is Said Aloud At Some Point"?

There's a good one in Carlito's Way, when the incarcerated mob boss is talking to Sean Penn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnluVzLMRBQ&t=36s

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My lowest popularity films are all Kamen Rider and Super Sentai films.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
I did mean 300 watched throughout 2016; i drive a security car around town all night and my dashboard tablet is constantly playing something because i do not value my safety.
Or my time, as my 3 most obscure movies are
Little Miss Perfect (2016) - Ginny eat something
Honey 3: Dare to Dance (2016) - A hip-hop R&J, y'all
Clowntown (2016) - What those sightings last year were probably viral marketing for.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Lowest rated/watched would be Plastic Utopia. I love that dumb movie.

edit:

K. Waste posted:

Cool game, and a decent way to get some off the beaten path recs. Good show, spatulater:

- Sci-Fi Monsters (1998) - Simitar direct-to-video creature-feature trailer comp, only me
- Fase (2002) - 4 people
- From Romance to Ritual (1985) - 7 people
- Plastic Utopia (1997) - YTotD rec, 8 people
- Weed (1972) - 17 people

whaaaaat

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spatulater bro! posted:

What are the most obscure movies you've rated on Letterboxd? Go to your films and sort by popularity.

Mine:

Hahaha, my 13 least-popular movies are all Weird War II movies. 17 of my bottom 20 are Weird War II. Three of my bottom 5 were only watched by me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Mine:

Modular Body - Just me and K.Waste I think
The Execution of Gary Glitter 7 people

Those are two most obscure ones. Then it's the Dead Zone remake and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 which I wouldn't really say is obscure.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MacheteZombie posted:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Check again. I bet that's the making-of documentary.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Check again. I bet that's the making-of documentary.

That's what I get for looking at just the thumbnail!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm such a pleb. All the movies I've watched have been seen by at least 289 others! 289 is kind of a depressingly low number though for the Apu Trilogy. More people need to watch that.

Its pretty funny though, my most "obscure" movies are all lovely 90's crap that I saw just because I was a kid and movies are awesome. We're talkin Cop and a Half, Camp Nowhere, and Ladybugs. The 90's really were something.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
According to this site the five most obscure movies I've seen are:

Killer on Board (1977) - myself and 3 other people!
Hostage for a Day (1994) - 12 whopping people!
The Billion Dollar Hobo (1977)
Goofballs (1987)
Asylum of Terror (1998)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Just followed all of you I think, here's my thing:
https://letterboxd.com/cebrail/

I've only been using letterboxd for a week though, and I didn't start watching movies that aren't poo poo that long ago either so all you get from me is hot takes on films that everyone has seen a thousand times.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
help me with my list please

https://letterboxd.com/machetez/list/movies-with-coffee-pots-mugs-breaking/

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

cebrail posted:

Just followed all of you I think, here's my thing:
https://letterboxd.com/cebrail/

I've only been using letterboxd for a week though, and I didn't start watching movies that aren't poo poo that long ago either so all you get from me is hot takes on films that everyone has seen a thousand times.

Same here, just followed all the goon profiles I could find:

https://letterboxd.com/KanleyStubrick/

I usually keep up with most newer, widely-available movies, but classics and foreign films are a big blind spot for me, which I'm hoping to fix soon.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Spatulater bro! posted:

I got:

The Secret of the Selenites (1984)- **1/2, a really cheap animated movie that played on Nickelodeon once with a memorable theme song. Rated as high as it is for nostalgia.

Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here! (1988)- ***1/2, one of those clip compilation movies focused on 50s sci fi and monster movies, with the framing device of aliens taking over a theater.

The Martian Chronicles (1980)- **1/2, the TV miniseries adaptation w/Rock Hudson. A lot of it falls flat but I enjoyed their take on "And The Moon Be Still As Bright"

The Mouse and His Child (1977)- unrated since it's been forever.

Lords of the Deep (1989)- ditto, low budget attempt to cash in on The Abyss.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kill Bill 1

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
There was a mug breaking at the end of the first Scary Movie, right?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Really admire your hustle on this one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Most obscure is Christmas Under Fire, a British WWII propaganda film that was screened before a Christmas showing of It's A Wonderful Life I went to in 2012. 14 viewers.

As far as full-length "proper" movies, it's the god-awful 2006 movie The Contract with John Cusack and Morgan Freeman which I think was largely straight-to-video. But I've also only rated up to G and the TSP list.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Darthemed posted:

There was a mug breaking at the end of the first Scary Movie, right?

Yup and I have that on the list! Thanks though.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Really admire your hustle on this one

Haha thanks, first time I've put together a list on here.

e: the Odd Couple movie from 1968!

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 24, 2017

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spatulater bro! posted:

Snake in the Eagles Shadow 2 (1978, just me): This sequel is by most accounts a movie called Snaky Knight Fight Against Mantis with footage from Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow spliced in to capitalize on Jackie Chan’s name.

Kennel Tokorozawa (1992, two people): Punk Dog. Pet shop owner’s daughter Chika Tokorozawa spends every waking hour with her dog, Rin Tin Tin, who repays her love by watching over her while she sleeps. Based on the manga in Young Sunday magazine by Maki Otsubo, who is better known in the manga world for Mr. Cinema.

La Pastorela: The Shepherd’s Tale (1991, two people): Originally produced for PBS’s Great Performances Series, La Pastorela is a musical retelling of the shepherds’ journey to Bethlehem to see the Christ Child. We see the tale through the eyes of a modern young girl, the oldest child in a large rural Tex-Mex family. During a surrealistic dream, which brings to mind “The Wizard of Oz,” the young chicana makes a fantastical journey with the shepherds and along the way, witnesses the triumph of God’s Angels over Satan’s diablos. Full of drama, comedy, fantasy and wonderful music; this is a rare film the whole family can enjoy together.

Traveling Man (1989, two people): A poignant comedy about a middle-aged salesman trying to get his life and career back on track while being pushed and antagonized by an aggressive rookie he has been teamed up with.

Where’s Willie? (1978, two people): An 8-year old boy invents a hand-held computer which can control any electronic device, and uses it to affect the entire town where he lives.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just happened across Roger Avary giving his own movie five stars.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Darthemed posted:

Kennel Tokorozawa (1992, two people): Punk Dog. Pet shop owner’s daughter Chika Tokorozawa spends every waking hour with her dog, Rin Tin Tin, who repays her love by watching over her while she sleeps. Based on the manga in Young Sunday magazine by Maki Otsubo, who is better known in the manga world for Mr. Cinema.

I watched this. It was some really bizarre anime bullshit and felt like a fever dream all the way through.

The most obscure movie I have on letterboxd is probably The Business of Fancydancing.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I finally finished my Tati watch-a-thon: https://letterboxd.com/aewade/list/watchin-and-rankin-jacques-tati/

I can't encourage people enough to watch every Tati film, if you haven't yet.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

It appears that Letterboxd has removed Histoire(s) du cinema from their database. So the TSPDT list is now one short. Why would they remove it?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spatulater bro! posted:

It appears that Letterboxd has removed Histoire(s) du cinema from their database. So the TSPDT list is now one short. Why would they remove it?
Maybe they consider a television series or something.

I dunno, they get weird about what things they have on their site. Like I know they've gone back and forth on whether Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces is even a movie or not.

EDIT: Oh yeah they do have individual entries for each episode of Histoire(s) though.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 28, 2017

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Raxivace posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah they do have individual entries for each episode of Histoire(s) though.

I just noticed this. I guess I'll just replace it with the first episode.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

There isn't a way to create a specific Group/Community with other users as well either. I'm happy to periodically add Goons who are on the site who link their profile in this thread to this OP, though:

https://letterboxd.com/ChrisRasa/

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

You know what feature Letterboxd really needs to add? The ability to cross-reference lists. It would just be a filter, like the current "In Your Watchlist" filter, only it would let you choose any list. This would be so incredibly useful.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

I, Butthole posted:

I finally finished my Tati watch-a-thon: https://letterboxd.com/aewade/list/watchin-and-rankin-jacques-tati/

I can't encourage people enough to watch every Tati film, if you haven't yet.

I guess my problem is that I watched Playtime first, and it seems like, from what I've read about Playtime, any Tati film I see after that will probably be a let down. The expansiveness of Playtime is really unbelievable, and from what I understand Tati never really had those kind of resources before or after that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd definitely be interested in a recommended Tati order. Almost watched Playtime recently but now glad I didn't.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
im mad that tati's sparks movie never happened

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Escobarbarian posted:

I'd definitely be interested in a recommended Tati order. Almost watched Playtime recently but now glad I didn't.

Chronologically is pretty good - maybe sit Trafic in ahead of Playtime and if you have the Criterion set, shotgunning all the shorts ahead of them all is a nice mini-map that reflects his features almost perfectly. Playtime really is the be-all-end-all of Tati, but Parade is worth keeping for last because for me, it distills him away from his exploration of film and lets him just exist as a comic while strongly reinforcing his belief that comedy is not purely the realm of the performer, but includes the audience as well. As a film, it's undoubtedly his worst, but as a statement, it's such a starkly encapsulating piece that ends up being so fitting as his final feature.

It took me two months to really muster up the courage to sit down and watch Playtime because of everything I'd heard of how gargantuan it is, but I really can't wait to get back into it again. It can't be stated how goddamn great it is and how much of an honest to god marvel it is to watch - outside of it though Tati is a master physical comedian and all the Hulot films are a joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I have a short documentary in my watchlist that has zero watches (The Stone Carvers, 1984) if that counts for low watch counts. Don't steal my thunder and watch it