Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

TheLoser posted:

If I were crazy enough to get an import copy of Kenzan or Ishin, which would people recommend first?

Kenzan is incredibly good. It's top 3 for me, easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
gently caress it I did Kiryu, might as well do Majima

WHERE TO FIND ALL THE HOSTESSES FOR MAJIMA

Notes that there are 10 hostesses that you need to pay CP for at the shrine. There are 4 gold, 4 silver, and 2 bronze.

5 hostesses are unlocked via substory or befriending someone. If you unlock someone via substory, they will likely be right next to Club Sunshine once its unlocked afterwards, with the exception of Unknown.

The remaining non-Platinum hostesses are found around the map, and you'll need to buy something from Le Marche to bribe them to join. 3 of them may not show up if properly inspect Club Odyssey back in Chapter 3. They will instead be transferred form the Grand to Sunshine with no other effort on your part.

Platinum (6): Tha game initially spots you Yuki, but the remaining Platinum hostesses are the ex-#1's of the clubs you take down. Take down their clubs to earn them.

Gold (8)
CP Unlocks - Seiko, Akina, Koizumi, Shizuka
Isobe - Complete Majima's disco dancing substories
Etsuko - Complete the Obagenarian substory.
Dolly - Befriend Doll Girl
Unknown - Befriend Simon

Silver (8)
CP Unlocks - Kiyoko, Junko, Shioho, Bonomi
Erranda - Complete Errand boy substory
Akemi - Hangs out SW of Sunshine, near Club Mars. Wants a purse or wristwatch.
Hiroko - Hangs out on the far east of the southern main avenue near the taxi. Wants a coat or scarf
Harumi - Hangs out near the Dream Machine on the northern side of the east bridge. Wants a handbag. (Can be gotten as part of Club Odyssey trade in Chapter 2)

Bronze (8)
Available from start - Endo, Namiko
CP Unlocks - Marilyn, Chizu
Mistuko - Hangs out at the southern end of the indoor shopping center (directly south of the Shogi player). Wants a ring, necklace, or bracelet.
Fusae - Hangs out on the eastern side of the northern canal path close to the bridge. Wants perfume.
Kiarara - Just east of the shrine. Wants boots.(Can be gotten as part of Club Odyssey trade in Chapter 2)
Ume - Hangs northeast of the Grand, near the restaurant on the corner Wants a leopard print coat or miniskirt.(Can be gotten as part of Club Odyssey trade in Chapter 2)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 9, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

is majima's disco sidequest as hard as Kiryu's? I still can't beat the final one for kiryu.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

exploded mummy posted:

Isobe - Complete Majima's disco dancing substories

Zaggitz posted:

is majima's disco sidequest as hard as Kiryu's? I still can't beat the final one for kiryu.

I'm sorry, what's a Dis Co?

Clearly it is a fictional hellscape of eternal pain that does not exist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is the third disco sidequest the last? You guys had me all scared and then I beat Kiryu's on my first try. It was close though.

The key seemed to be just not missing. The AI gets good at doing lots of movement but drops combos pretty frequently, even on easy song difficulty. In the final stats it had like 3x my total moves but a max combo of less than 10 while mine was ~30.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
The end of that friendship quest with the video store guy...

Majima finds the tape from The Ring and just shrugs it off while the other guy probably has mere days to live.

God, I love these little sidequests.

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 9, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I think she is a mix between that and a Yuki Onna. It's probably fine.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Christ, OutRun is hard when you can't turn the difficulty down like you can in the Genesis port and the 3DS version. Can't do much when you have three trucks (or idiots in VW Beetles) blocking the road in the middle of a turn. :argh:

Still got over 5 million points on my first attempt, so that went kind of okay-ish. Space Harrier keeps kicking my rear end, though.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 9, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know, this whole "DRAGON OF DOJIMA" title is feeling kinda hollow now considering how much of a wretch Dojima is.
Not that the original game (and probably Kiwami) didn't show that. He just keeps getting worse though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HGH posted:

You know, this whole "DRAGON OF DOJIMA" title is feeling kinda hollow now considering how much of a wretch Dojima is.
Not that the original game (and probably Kiwami) didn't show that. He just keeps getting worse though.

Sohei's a prick but the title's more about saying "this stone-faced dude who picks up phones really dramatically is also the biggest rear end-kicker in the entire Dojima crime family" so I'm cool with it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I like how they parallel the first major mission where Kuze's goon will just not. stop. coming after you with Kuze doing the same thing throughout the story. What a stubborn shithead.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Can somebody please explain the difference between a cabaret and a cabaret club? As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the cabaret has balcony seating, and a bigger back office.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Can somebody please explain the difference between a cabaret and a cabaret club? As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the cabaret has balcony seating, and a bigger back office.

It's explained by Odyssey's manager - cabaret clubs are like stripped-down versions of the big cabarets. They charge by the hour and have fewer amenities but still portray themselves as a classy establishment.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is there a guide somewhere for perfect lessons with all the hostesses? Alot of the time I feel like im picking the right answer and then get no reaction, and I don't wanna fumble through that with all six girls.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Zaggitz posted:

Is there a guide somewhere for perfect lessons with all the hostesses? Alot of the time I feel like im picking the right answer and then get no reaction, and I don't wanna fumble through that with all six girls.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/nightlifeisland.html

Click on special training and whoever you need.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Does it really matter if you don't get perfect training? If it just means that they get less experience from that session, then it's not a big deal.

Also, I love how I got a bad result from training a girl to play darts, because she beat me. It's no good unless I win, dammit!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Oxxidation posted:

It's explained by Odyssey's manager - cabaret clubs are like stripped-down versions of the big cabarets. They charge by the hour and have fewer amenities but still portray themselves as a classy establishment.

This then evolves to the Host Club, which gives up on the 'classy establishment' thing, and then finally reaches it's apex in the Maid Cafe, which is even dumber and you can't even get drunk at.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

This then evolves to the Host Club, which gives up on the 'classy establishment' thing, and then finally reaches it's apex in the Maid Cafe, which is even dumber and you can't even get drunk at.

Man, the new Pokemon is weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where does the Gundam cafe fit in?
Or Kirby Cafe?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sakurazuka posted:

Or Kirby Cafe?

I'm picturing a cafe where you buy food for Kirby

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlU5XEMvdS4

Majima yelling out EVERYBODY SAY ROUGE OF LOVE is the best.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone know where I can get another fishing rod? The first one you get isn't all that great and it takes quite a while to lure fish in.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have no idea if any others even exist but you can get the best one from the pawn shop for 30m.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah don't even waste your time fishing before you buy the one in the pawn shop. It's like 10 times faster to catch fish with it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jimbot posted:

Anyone know where I can get another fishing rod? The first one you get isn't all that great and it takes quite a while to lure fish in.

There are some you get for befriending people and partering with shops but they all are worse than the pawn shop one.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Chapter 13 talk. Is there actually anything new you can do with Kiryu in Sotenbori because the video clerk is making a huge deal out of making preperations and getting things done but there seems to have been no new side quests since like chapter 10

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Chapter 13 talk. Is there actually anything new you can do with Kiryu in Sotenbori because the video clerk is making a huge deal out of making preperations and getting things done but there seems to have been no new side quests since like chapter 10

Kiryu can use the coliseum and has special dialogue for visiting certain places you frequent as Majima, but that's about it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's me, I'm the guy who's still in chapter 7 at 60 hours in because I have to get both legendary styles as soon as possible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zaggitz posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who's still in chapter 7 at 60 hours in because I have to get both legendary styles as soon as possible.

Yeah, I'm approaching 90 hours in Chapter 7 because whenever I get a new mini-game I'm like "Yep gotta get completion on it" so here I am finishing Cabaret Club and I'm like ya know I gotta get 15 fresh water fish too...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Zaggitz posted:

haha

I'm getting it in chapter 8.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So i just met this Nishitani fella. Don't like him. Seems like bad news.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I hope this hasn't been asked, but is the sheer number of different types of cutscene, with different levels of animation, VA, and so on, a style choice, a budget choice, or a budget choice in earlier games that turned into a style choice later?

Also, I want playable Pachinko.

Otherwise as a new convert this game has been super fun to play.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

projecthalaxy posted:

So i just met this Nishitani fella. Don't like him. Seems like bad news.

Don't count him out just yet.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Don't count him out just yet.

"Blood chub" is a wonderful turn of phrase.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RandallODim posted:

"Blood chub" is a wonderful turn of phrase.

Heh, maybe that's why Nishitani reminds me of Kakihara from Ichi the Killer (the manga version in looks at least).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also having just finished chapter 8 I continue to believe that in a series that runs on cliffhangers and shocking twists, this game is the shockingest and most cliffhangery.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'm approaching 90 hours in Chapter 7 because whenever I get a new mini-game I'm like "Yep gotta get completion on it" so here I am finishing Cabaret Club and I'm like ya know I gotta get 15 fresh water fish too...

The Cabaret Club feels like the sort of thing I'm going to have to space out, it's decent but gets mind-numbing quickly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Look. I know I have a 10 billion yen per hour real estate business to run and I also have to stop all the Yakuza families from hunting me down and murdering me, but there's A LOT of drama happening with the 8 year-olds over at the slot car racing circuit right now. Can't you just have the chicken or the girl I met selling her panties in the street run things for a bit?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oxxidation posted:

The Cabaret Club feels like the sort of thing I'm going to have to space out, it's decent but gets mind-numbing quickly.

Just finished it, unlocked the Mad Dog style, don't know where I'm going to find that last gold hostess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Look. I know I have a 10 billion yen per hour real estate business to run and I also have to stop all the Yakuza families from hunting me down and murdering me, but there's A LOT of drama happening with the 8 year-olds over at the slot car racing circuit right now. Can't you just have the chicken or the girl I met selling her panties in the street run things for a bit?

I love this game.