Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yeah a tell all book by Sal would suck because he's a phony and a liar and also he's very stupid. It's gotta be someone who isn't a moron and who has connections. God I wish Gary would grow a spine and spill all the beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sand Monster posted:

I think it's been the first thread I click on for ten years or so now.

Post-divorce? Take all my money, if so. That would be amazing.

I imagine he would have to kick the bucket before she could write a book if she wants to keep whatever she gets in the divorce.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Sal and Christine need to be on a reality show on E!, TLC, or whatever obscure lovely cable TV channel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The prennup Howard had made means she isn't getting much

IMHO

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

If Gary writes another book, I just want to see the same style of cover as Jackie's new book but with a photo of him from the love tape and the title is just: My Boff.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

euphronius posted:

The prennup Howard had made means she isn't getting much

Just looked it up and New York isn't a community property state, so you a re probably right (though not much is probably still millions). I guess that would explain why he always drives so hard for everyone to get a prenup, even JD who barely has a thing to his name.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Came across this again recently:

December 15th 2000. Howard just announced his new contract. A reporter asked "Does this contract give you more time off?" Howard's response was very confident.

quote:

You can only take a certain amount of weeks off in radio. Radio is habitual. People tune in every day to hear it. It's not like the Tonight Show where you can take Fridays off or Monday off or something like this. You know, Johnny Carson worked out a contract where he showed up three days a week and I don't think I can be like that. Either your committed to it and you're here every day for the audience pretty much, you know, you take your vacation days and stuff but if I'm going to do it I've got to be aggressive about it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd virtually guarantee you there's an NDA in that prenup. She'll be well taken care of in exchange for her silence about everything.

Former Human posted:

Came across this again recently:

December 15th 2000. Howard just announced his new contract. A reporter asked "Does this contract give you more time off?" Howard's response was very confident.

I always wonder how much of a bubble Howard lives in or tries to live in. Do staff treat him like Trump where they never tell him how people are really feeling and so he has more of an ignorance of how the audience feels or does stuff like "that Lena Dunham interview was awful radio" get to him and he has to pretend to ignore it?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd virtually guarantee you there's an NDA in that prenup. She'll be well taken care of in exchange for her silence about everything.

I always wonder how much of a bubble Howard lives in or tries to live in. Do staff treat him like Trump where they never tell him how people are really feeling and so he has more of an ignorance of how the audience feels or does stuff like "that Lena Dunham interview was awful radio" get to him and he has to pretend to ignore it?

What does this video tell you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8KG-GLbUg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Just looked it up and New York isn't a community property state, so you a re probably right (though not much is probably still millions). I guess that would explain why he always drives so hard for everyone to get a prenup, even JD who barely has a thing to his name.

He didn't have one with Allison. Rip.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I read the whole last page about Jackie with the circus music playing in my head.
Also, that is actually a really good book title, but I love Jackie.

The best tell all book could be written by his long time assistant Laura. She has been his assistant since the Allison years.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I read the whole last page about Jackie with the circus music playing in my head.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Also, that is actually a really good book title, but I love Jackie.

Eh, I love hate him. He was great on the show, but what an awful person. No real guy to talk to, just this bizarre comic/hippie/partyman persona who wants to drink and be wild.

Fred playing Jackie laughs at inappropriate times, and people mocking his voice/laughs in various ways are probably the hardest I've ever laughed at anything.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

The best tell all book could be written by his long time assistant Laura. She has been his assistant since the Allison years.

It's amazing how consistently little he says about her. He clearly makes an effort not to turn anything about her into show material.
Yeah, she'd never write it, but her book would be the best. I wonder how much he pays her?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Squashy Nipples posted:

Eh, I love hate him. He was great on the show, but what an awful person.

Me, but with EtA.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

He didn't have one with Allison. Rip.

Alison probably made more than he did when they got married.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Me, but with EtA.

Oh god what do you call him Gary the Conqueror too?? This terrible pc culture!

I was listening to the Lisa G says she has double Ds bit again and oh my god. Lisa G is bizarre and it's a complete tragedy how little she gets called on her weirdness

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Oh god what do you call him Gary the Conqueror too?? This terrible pc culture!

While I know you're joking around, a few months ago, I decided to always call him Eric the Actor going forward. Not because the word 'midget' is offensive; the little jerk didn't even know WHY it was offensive when questioned on why he had a problem with the term. No, I do this because calling him an actor is, to me, more of a jab at his continued and everlasting failure to be one.

Was he on tv, reciting scripted lines? Yes.

Was Eric an actor? Good lord, no.

He certainly was a stupid, dumb, ANNOYING, retarded, lovely, RUDE, no-talent midget, though.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Fred....stop...touching...those...buttons

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

...or I'll go...down...there and BREAK ALL YOUR FINGERS!!!!

"I'll meet you at JFK."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Nobody likes you little man! HAHAHAHA

No need to check the email box. You are hated by everyone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Grant DaNasty posted:

Nobody likes you little man! HAHAHAHA

No need to check the email box. You are hated by everyone.

Ha, this was always one of my favourite parts of that call :allears:

'How dare you... you head of poo poo.'

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I think he doesn't talk about Allison because of his kids. My folks broke up and I'd feel kinda lovely if I heard one of them trashing the other on radio each day.

Plus he may feel a little guilty since he wasn't exactly the best during their last years of marriage.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This just showed up on Reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCnPsc_NwdY

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Orchestrated Mess posted:

If Gary writes another book, I just want to see the same style of cover as Jackie's new book but with a photo of him from the love tape and the title is just: My Boff.

Fifty Shades of Gary

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

That video has been kicking around YouTube for a few years now.

Howard looks like King Louis of France, if he went through a Goth phase.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Caper posted:

Fifty Shades of Gary

Someone on Reddit came up with "Primate Parts"

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Let's open up with an extended parody of silent comedies, a genre that's been dead for 60 years.
Except, instead of having actual elements of parody, we'll just take a slightly original premise and run it into the ground by playing it straight.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Caper posted:

Fifty Shades of Gary

Bonzo posted:

Someone on Reddit came up with "Primate Parts"

These are both wonderful :allears:

The best I can think up is something lame like 'Hello, hello', or 'Nothing but the Teeth.'

'Gum flapping'? 'A look inside the Mac Hine'?

Obviously we all need to think up fake but funny book titles for various staff members now. :colbert:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Let's open up with an extended parody of silent comedies, a genre that's been dead for 60 years.
Except, instead of having actual elements of parody, we'll just take a slightly original premise and run it into the ground by playing it straight.

N/M its from the old pilot.

Howard is a real "leather daddy" in that video.

John Balnis 1 year ago
This is the worst thing that ever happened since the universe began.
Reply 5

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Obviously we all need to think up fake but funny book titles for various staff members now. :colbert:

Richard Christy: My Favorites

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"Hi - This is Sal Governale"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

All kidding aside I would expect Fred to write some kind of Chuck Barris type of poo poo like he was he was using sound drops to communicate with intelligence spies.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Wow, that is downright unwatchable. Robin's outfit is hilarious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=660czq0iHPo

He looks like he could really use a good walk to St Louis. :eyepop:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
He looks bad.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yes, a stringy grey prince valiant haircut with a black Smurfs hat really IS a great look, Grandma Caprio

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
How can he see that clip from 10 years ago and not immediately go on some kind of crash diet?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I'm nearly at the end of my 4th or possibly 5th complete listen to of shows going from 1994 to 2008 (artie leaves + wussification of howard and i stopped) and i cant possibly do that again.

Are there any good 4 hour all talk daily radio shows which i might grow to like? I have to break free ...

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Artie looks like Buscemi's "hello, fellow kids" except he's trying to fit in with the stoners.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How do you listen to full shows from that era? I'm on my like 3rd time through the ETM pack and I dont even like ETM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Its mostly sort of background noise as im working then perk up when somethings good, but that era was very good! Peak eras, 1993 - 2000 (until every day was an FCC rant) then Sirius was all good once it got going till about 2008.

Whatever you say about Howard thats 15 years solid stuff every day. I just cant go again!