Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Nimimerkki Helsingin Sanomat made a huge ligur-post on the internet :(

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9442426

"They should instead use better words like "Nevermind", "Whoops", and "We didn't mean to do that anyway." Whoops, nevermind that last one was multiple words."

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone want to give me an update on how the economy is doing? Must be terrible given how bad this government is and with Trump, Brexit and Russia in Syria the world economy can't help either.

In other news, this account is pretty funny (it's a parody unfortunately)
https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees

https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees/status/826808944446275584

https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees/status/827173500863475713

https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees/status/827241419886718976

https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees/status/822422334275551232

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Anyone want to give me an update on how the economy is doing? Must be terrible given how bad this government is and with Trump, Brexit and Russia in Syria the world economy can't help either.

Despite the government's best efforts, due to the previous period of unsustainable slump and massive global growth, Finland's economy has entered into state which could possibly, if you wish really hard and maybe have a beer or two, be called growth.

Sipilä has sworn to assign the best and the brightest the government has to offer to fix this economic aberration. Taskforce Berner will be deployed immediately soon next week eventually death is certain.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

In other news, this account is pretty funny (it's a parody unfortunately)
https://twitter.com/StartupRefugees

1 retweet, 3 likes, your tell-it-like-it-is, take-no-prisoners approach to humor is proving to be quite a success!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm seriously worried that with all these right-wing populists gloriously self-destructing the levels of irony in our blood are getting to a toxic level:
http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/02/04/missa-he-ovat-nyt/

Isn't there some sort of an edunvalvontalaki for these people? Like seriously many of them seem literally developmentally disabled, it shouldn't be that easy to scam people for their cash. If a foreigner joins a Finland First movement he's out there to get your poo poo! This is just rudimentary logic here!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 5, 2017

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

:vince:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005075834.html

Apparently we are allying with Brits to bomb some brown people in the future or something? Maybe? Our defense minister isn't really sure.

It will be great that Finland will be able to join the next adventure to the middle-east, since the last one was so successful.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm seriously worried that with all these right-wing populists gloriously self-destructing the levels of irony in our blood are getting to a toxic level:
http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/02/04/missa-he-ovat-nyt/

Isn't there some sort of an edunvalvontalaki for these people? Like seriously many of them seem literally developmentally disabled, it shouldn't be that easy to scam people for their cash. If a foreigner joins a Finland First movement he's out there to get your poo poo! This is just rudimentary logic here!

:trumppop: wow that's a pretty good self-own

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

throw to first drat IT posted:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005075834.html

Apparently we are allying with Brits to bomb some brown people in the future or something? Maybe? Our defense minister isn't really sure.

It will be great that Finland will be able to join the next adventure to the middle-east, since the last one was so successful.

Hmm I think the plan is to take in all the refugees, then take part in bombing their homeland to the stone age and when they express their dissatisfaction at this the True Finns will have plenty of ammunition to point out what savages those brown folk are and we end up with PM Mestari.

A daring plan but... it could work.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Demarit/status/828195329325592576

That's because in the future all public servants will be replaced by AI.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Mitähän mahtaa maksaa kun Tieto kääntää Kalle Kotipsykiatrin ruotsin kielelle?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Is that a parody account, I can't tell

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mikael Jungner
3 February at 10:05 ·

Muutama havainto leipäjonoista.

1. On arvokasta että leipäjonoja on. Maailma ilman leipäjonoja olisi ankeampi. Enkä nyt tarkoita köyhyyttä joka ajaa jonoihin vaan sitä leipäjonoa epäkaupallisena vaihtoehtona saada ravintoa.

2. Sellaista julkishallinnollista systeemiä, joka ottaisi huomioon kaikki inhimillisen elämän vivahteet, ei ole. Siksi on tärkeää, että leipäjonot antavat valinnanvaraa niille, joille systeemi ei sitä tarjoa.

3. Leipäjonossa ei ole itsessään mitään hävettävää. Sitä tekee hävettäväksi se porukka, joka säälii ja voivottelee jonottajia.

4. Kauhistelemalla leipäjonoja tulee samalla luoneeksi juuri sitä ilmapiiriä, joka saattaa saada jonottajan kokemaan arvottomuutta.

5. Poliittinen jeesustelu leipäjonoista on käytännössä oman kannatuksen nostamista leipää jonottavien omanarvontunnon kustannuksella. Tuota tehdään toki vahingossa ja vilpittömin mielin, mutta väärin se silti on.

6. Leipäjonoja tulisi edistää, niiden kautta avun saaminen normalisoida sosiaalisesti ja leipäjonoja pyörittäviä vapaaehtoisia ylistää heidän konkreettisesta pyyteettömyydestä.

7. Leipäjono on ekologisesti kestävä tapa korjata kaupallisessa logistiikassa olevaa tehottomuutta. Syöty leipä on maapallolle arvokkaampi kuin pois heitetty leipä, olkoon tuo leipä hankittu ostamalla tai jonottamalla.

8. Yksi mutkaton tapa tehdä hyvää on pysähtyä leipäjonoon ja kätellä siellä jonottavia sekä rohkeudesta murtaa teollisen ajan päiväysvanhoja mielikuvia että konkreettisesta maapallon pelastamisesta.

9. Leipäjono ei ole kirosana tai merkki yhteisön epäonnistumisesta. Leipäjono on toimiva sosiaalinen innovaatio ja merkki yhteisöllisestä empatiasta.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Rappaport posted:

Mikael Jungner
3 February at 10:05 ·

Muutama havainto leipäjonoista.

1. On arvokasta että leipäjonoja on. Maailma ilman leipäjonoja olisi ankeampi. Enkä nyt tarkoita köyhyyttä joka ajaa jonoihin vaan sitä leipäjonoa epäkaupallisena vaihtoehtona saada ravintoa.

2. Sellaista julkishallinnollista systeemiä, joka ottaisi huomioon kaikki inhimillisen elämän vivahteet, ei ole. Siksi on tärkeää, että leipäjonot antavat valinnanvaraa niille, joille systeemi ei sitä tarjoa.

3. Leipäjonossa ei ole itsessään mitään hävettävää. Sitä tekee hävettäväksi se porukka, joka säälii ja voivottelee jonottajia.

4. Kauhistelemalla leipäjonoja tulee samalla luoneeksi juuri sitä ilmapiiriä, joka saattaa saada jonottajan kokemaan arvottomuutta.

5. Poliittinen jeesustelu leipäjonoista on käytännössä oman kannatuksen nostamista leipää jonottavien omanarvontunnon kustannuksella. Tuota tehdään toki vahingossa ja vilpittömin mielin, mutta väärin se silti on.

6. Leipäjonoja tulisi edistää, niiden kautta avun saaminen normalisoida sosiaalisesti ja leipäjonoja pyörittäviä vapaaehtoisia ylistää heidän konkreettisesta pyyteettömyydestä.

7. Leipäjono on ekologisesti kestävä tapa korjata kaupallisessa logistiikassa olevaa tehottomuutta. Syöty leipä on maapallolle arvokkaampi kuin pois heitetty leipä, olkoon tuo leipä hankittu ostamalla tai jonottamalla.

8. Yksi mutkaton tapa tehdä hyvää on pysähtyä leipäjonoon ja kätellä siellä jonottavia sekä rohkeudesta murtaa teollisen ajan päiväysvanhoja mielikuvia että konkreettisesta maapallon pelastamisesta.

9. Leipäjono ei ole kirosana tai merkki yhteisön epäonnistumisesta. Leipäjono on toimiva sosiaalinen innovaatio ja merkki yhteisöllisestä empatiasta.

Has he been hanging out and smoking pot with Tuomas Enbuske lately? This is prime spineless relativist bullshit.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 6, 2017

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Rexroom posted:

Has he been hanging out and smoking pot with Tuomas Enbuske lately? This is prime spineless relativist bullshit.

I don't know, maybe that kind of thinking is the necessary first step for wider societal acceptance of living on government assistance, we can't expect there to be enough busywork for everyone in the AI-automated future.

There are good things about protestant work ethic like stigmatizing greed and corruption, next we'll just need to accept idleness without losing the first two stigmas.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Mikael Jungner seems to have made a habit out of making himself look like an idiot on social media.

Since my social media bubble has a large number of linguists and other pullamössöhumanistit like myself I got to witness firsthand one of his more recent social media meltdowns, where he'd written a big effortpost about how we should modernize Finnish grammar because having to learn all these declinations is, like, hard man, and also that having all these declinations and grammar in your head makes learning English an insurmountable burden for Finns. There was also a large degree of Sapir Worf to his post where he basically said that "Finns have a hard time understanding concepts like Brexit and globalization because they're loanwords, man." When a bunch of linguists pointed out to him that his entire post was really dumb and that he clearly didn't know anything about what language learning and cognitive linguistics he blocked them on social media, supposedly for their tone (and, you know, there were some people who literally called him an idiot) but probably because they disagreed with him (I saw a couple of the offending posts, which were written in the most inoffensive "Dear Mikael, I don't think any of this is true, yours truly, a linguist" tone).

The best thing is that he played the puppet master defence afterwards, saying that his intention had been simply to spark discussion about language policy in Finland, and having succeeded at that he declared himself the winner.

Also lol this is literally a person whose description on Twitter simply has the words "Viestintä. Digitalisaatio. Startup." so of course he's 100% in neo-liberal self-deceit.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rappaport posted:

Is this like one of those word games where you change letters of a word one at a time so that you reach a totally different word in set amount of moves, eg. siilo -> siili -> tiili -> tilli -> talli -> talvi?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Ratpick posted:

Also lol this is literally a person whose description on Twitter simply has the words "Viestintä. Digitalisaatio. Startup." so of course he's 100% in neo-liberal self-deceit.

That would explain his libertarian bursts.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Rexroom posted:

That would explain his libertarian bursts.

Mikael Jungner is the closest example we have of a Red Tory in Finnish politics: he wears the skin of an SDP member when he'd actually be more at home in Kock.

Jungner seems like the kind of guy who is completely fine with the idea of the welfare state provided it is all privatized.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
According to what I've heard, Jungner was raised completely freely i.e. whatever dumb bullshit he did, his parents would join in and do it with him. Like a parody version of vapaa kasvatus.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

According to what I've heard, Jungner was raised completely freely i.e. whatever dumb bullshit he did, his parents would join in and do it with him. Like a parody version of vapaa kasvatus.

Did he go to Steiner school or no school oh wait I'm repeating myself here.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jungner is the poster child for everything that's wrong with Third Way social democrats. If SDP had even a little sense they'd have kicked him out of the party years ago, but here we are.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ratpick posted:

Mikael Jungner is the closest example we have of a Red Tory in Finnish politics: he wears the skin of an SDP member when he'd actually be more at home in Kock.

Jungner seems like the kind of guy who is completely fine with the idea of the welfare state provided it is all privatized.

He's pretty much the disciple of Paavo Lipponen, aka. the Finnish Ur-Red Tory, aka. The Fuckwad Who Gave Finland Neoliberalism aka. Euro-Idiot-King. Not surprised.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

He's pretty much the disciple of Paavo Lipponen, aka. the Finnish Ur-Red Tory, aka. The Fuckwad Who Gave Finland Neoliberalism aka. Euro-Idiot-King. Not surprised.

At least Lipponen has charisma/is intimidating. Jungner is just a completely unlikable wet towel with a hard-on for loving over the poor.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah he looks and sounds like one of those creeps at a party who nobody knows why/how they were invited there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005080222.html

quote:

Suomi Ensin -liike tarkkaili, riisutaanko ensin uimahousut, sitten vasta saunaan ja suihkuun. Poliisi tarkkaili tarkkailijoita.

:gay:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh :wtc:

Goddamn every time I think right-wing populists can't get any more crazy...

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The proud finnish pastime of kerrostalokyttäys is finally coming to public spaces!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Oh thank the lord, our public showers and saunas are safe again.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

First they came for the swimtrunks and I did not speak out because I was not wearing any

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Since literally 99% of people wearing swim trunks and doing dumb poo poo in uimahalli are teens and children if I was a parent and heard that some creep was patrolling the areas to make sure they took them off and was dumb enough to state his name in newspapers...well all I am saying is that the next thing we are probably hearing about this is this crazy fucker calling the cops because there is a line of people with baseball bats waiting outside his door.

EDIT: related
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005080986.html

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 9, 2017

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What is it with Nazis and showers anyway?

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

Nenonen posted:

What is it with Nazis and showers anyway?

:trumppop:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Let's run this allegory to the ground:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLlS1OBhqU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
So the confusing double-citizenship in the army debacle continues when it was revealed that the army considers even kitchen personnel as a sensitive post. I guess Putin is after the recipe for Jarru.

Defence minister is calling YLE report as fake news at worst, saying that recently two double-citizens were promoted as officers lately. When they asked what nationality were they, Jussi Niinistö just said that it's not important. :v:

Anyway, they're currently drafting a bill that forbids double-citizenship owning from taking certain posts. How will that mesh with the equal treatment clause, we won't know until later on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rexroom posted:

So the confusing double-citizenship in the army debacle continues when it was revealed that the army considers even kitchen personnel as a sensitive post. I guess Putin is after the recipe for Jarru.

Defence minister is calling YLE report as fake news at worst, saying that recently two double-citizens were promoted as officers lately. When they asked what nationality were they, Jussi Niinistö just said that it's not important. :v:

Anyway, they're currently drafting a bill that forbids double-citizenship owning from taking certain posts. How will that mesh with the equal treatment clause, we won't know until later on.

Seriouspost: I honestly can't think of a more sensitive post (defense-wise) than kitchen personnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Rexroom posted:

What about Mannerheim?! Russian citizen AND russian officer.