Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I got a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 from Best Buy recently when I bought my new SSD. I have absolutely no intention of playing WD2, so whoever wants it, enjoy:

www.watchdogs.com/samsung
Code: UAUZ9X76MZ7N (case sensitive)

PM me if there's an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i redeemed it thanks. it asked me where and when it was purchased but i made it up and it seemed to be fine. cheers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Same, bud.

I am working on an lp update and pretending that's the same as working.

So I started the playstation now free trial and after poking around some not very good games, I've settled on a not very good game that's still oddly compelling. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is bad but I'm still having fun and I don't know what to do about it. This is a bad game. The user interface is by and large total poo poo, important aspects of gameplay aren't explained, the intro to the game is like a half hour tour of the main town and it's excruciatingly dull, the dungeons are grindy mazes, the farming minigame is almost totally RNG, and I don't know why I'm still playing this poo poo, please send help.

Tides of Destiny is such bullshit yeah

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

oddium posted:

i redeemed it thanks. it asked me where and when it was purchased but i made it up and it seemed to be fine. cheers

Good deal. Enjoy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Some dude from Japan just ordered 10 giant inflatable dota winged donkey balloons from me.

I am not even really sure what the gently caress he wants that many for, I'm almost tempted to ask but I don't want to risk offending him.

Mordja posted:

Other animal visitors from my childhood: a fairly sizeable boa constrictor that coiled itself around the banister above my bunkbed (I was top bunk, ofc), and a small colony of bats living in the toolshed. :3:
nonvenemous snakes and spiders sure, but don't gently caress with bats, they carry rabies among other things and their poo poo can cause significant damage to buildings in addition to a ton of mold.

Help Im Alive posted:

Would people still be afraid of spiders if they were the half spider half topless woman you see in video games (i can only think of one example but I think there are lots)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

http://www.avclub.com/article/castlevania-animated-series-coming-netflix-249984

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no thanks

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's been a Castlevania series "coming" since I've been in high school and now I don't care because I'd rather have a game.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Konami taking good care of its IP I see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least it's better than pachislot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

to elaborate now that i'm awake again. in legend of kay there's a level where you have to unlock 4 seals to open a door that lets you through to a big fight and then the next level. it's called king's palace

i unlocked all 4 seals, the door opened, but due to the glitch, the game treated the door as if it hadn't opened, so even though the door was open, an invisible wall blocked me from getting through. the glitch has apparently never been encountered before with some googling, so i thought i'd pretty much have to end the game

but i found a video of a speedrun of king's palace in the ORIGINAL ps2 legend of kay, and because the anniversary edition apparently did not bother to fix anything, the same trick the speedrunner used in the ps2 version, works in the pc anniversary edition. hopping on a chest, and doing a somersault jump, allowed me to get OOB and on top of a roof i'm not supposed to get on top of, which let me jump over the wall that had the 4 seal door, and continue the game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Castlevania netflix series ends up being a modern tale of a man losing his family and friends by gambling his life away, at Castlevania pachislot.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

More connected to the series than the Monster Hunter movie.

I also remember when there was supposed to be a movie with Adam Sandler overcoming his depression by playing Shadow of the Colossus for some loving reason.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

What is a man but a miserable little pile of tokens.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Bloodborne is a pretty good stand-in for Castlevania at this point, for me anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cainhurst Castle is almost literally Castlevania

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

I also remember when there was supposed to be a movie with Adam Sandler overcoming his depression by playing Shadow of the Colossus for some loving reason.

Reign Over Me. It wasn't so much that he was doing it to overcome depression but rather Wander's gradual possession by Dormin was supposed to represent the slow deterioration of Sandler's mental state or someshit. It's very weird, though I haven't watched it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TFW when you need 10,000 Blood Echoes and instead of playing it safe and doing some boring back and forth grind, you decide to try to kill every living thing in Central Yharnam while practicing a weapon, and you succeed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

More connected to the series than the Monster Hunter movie.

That movie came out but its largely about 9/11.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I went into work today despite it being a snow cancellation, and my boss called me and said "Hey, you're in a union, please go home and do not do any work at all. Thanks." So now I'm kicking rear end in Bloodborne and saying "Thank you, Union." I'm going to go kill the hard guy with the big scythe, who I literally forgot about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nioh snow day ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The scythe guy was anticlimactic and I should have killed him a long time ago. For some reason I thought there would be something behind him.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

TFW when you need 10,000 Blood Echoes and instead of playing it safe and doing some boring back and forth grind, you decide to try to kill every living thing in Central Yharnam while practicing a weapon, and you succeed.

:hellyeah:

Worth noting that there's another way around the 10,000 blood echoes door, if that's what you're grinding for. It involves taking a different route from the Chapel and fighting another boss, then taking kind of a weird path up a tower from the Chapel. (For what it's worth, just opening the gate is a lot easier if you're not confident in your ability to, uh, fall in a controlled fashion.)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Harrow posted:

:hellyeah:

Worth noting that there's another way around the 10,000 blood echoes door, if that's what you're grinding for. It involves taking a different route from the Chapel and fighting another boss, then taking kind of a weird path up a tower from the Chapel. (For what it's worth, just opening the gate is a lot easier if you're not confident in your ability to, uh, fall in a controlled fashion.)

I'm sort of torn, because I guess beating the Chapel boss changes the moon phase and makes other stuff harder? I found Old Yharnam, so I guess I could go there instead, but the nice coughing freak told me to go to the Chapel district for Paleblood, so it seems to the most straightforward route.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bicyclops posted:

I went into work today despite it being a snow cancellation, and my boss called me and said "Hey, you're in a union, please go home and do not do any work at all. Thanks." So now I'm kicking rear end in Bloodborne and saying "Thank you, Union." I'm going to go kill the hard guy with the big scythe, who I literally forgot about.

I probably shouldn't be working too for the same reason but I have all of these papers to grade so I might just plink away at them at home today and just not work tomorrow lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I probably shouldn't be working too for the same reason but I have all of these papers to grade so I might just plink away at them at home today and just not work tomorrow lol.

Yeah, my wife stayed up until like 2 AM grading papers and now it's the snowpocalypse or whatever, so she has some time to kill and it's kind of nice.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Grinding the 10,000 in Central Yharnam isn't so bad at least if you're killing the stuff that drops blood vials more often (i.e. the big dudes).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

suuma posted:

Grinding the 10,000 in Central Yharnam isn't so bad at least if you're killing the stuff that drops blood vials more often (i.e. the big dudes).

It's sort of cool to just walk through the whole area and kill everything, because like, I haven't leveled a ton or done much to my weapons since I had difficulty getting through the sewers, but now I can just traverse the entire game that I've been to so far, basically, and come back unscathed, and that's really cool/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What are some good Youtube videos about fighting games (outside of Best Friends Play, which I enjoy), or video game lore (outside the pop fiction ones)?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's worth noting that you can't really lock yourself out of any area in BB so even if you skip areas or do a different order you'll be able to check everything out eventually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What are some good Youtube videos about fighting games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMz23Md1GhU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What are some good Youtube videos about fighting games (outside of Best Friends Play, which I enjoy), or video game lore (outside the pop fiction ones)?

check out core-a gaming. he does some cool in depth critique and theory stuff that is very accessible for anyone and general enough to apply to all fighting games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XC56NokbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6GM6UVZSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHGEttNjyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

The Castlevania netflix series ends up being a modern tale of a man losing his family and friends by gambling his life away, at Castlevania pachislot.

https://twitter.com/ANNZac/status/829429916974198784

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you like bestfriends, its worth watching Excellent adventures of gootecks and mike ross. they are shills for capcom but its still extremely funny how they interact with each other and their guests.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Reign Over Me. It wasn't so much that he was doing it to overcome depression but rather Wander's gradual possession by Dormin was supposed to represent the slow deterioration of Sandler's mental state or someshit. It's very weird, though I haven't watched it.

In Training posted:

That movie came out but its largely about 9/11.

Holy gently caress that actually came out, that's so dumb.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Real hurthling! posted:

check out core-a gaming. he does some cool in depth critique and theory stuff that is very accessible for anyone and general enough to apply to all fighting games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XC56NokbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6GM6UVZSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHGEttNjyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

I can't watch the video because work but I like the fireball on a Spam styled can.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

I can't watch the video because work but I like the fireball on a Spam styled can.

If they ever made another Clayfighter game, that'd be a great gag for a legit projectile for somebody

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is there any reason I should be saving Coldblood Dew? I sort of forgot about them and I have a ton.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I remember trying to get into fighting games a while ago until I realized that it was going to take me as much time and effort as I did getting good at playing the piano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i've been playing since 2014 and i'm still really bad but i feel like for the first time i started understanding why i'm bad and feel like i have a path to get better. on the plus side though i don't get hype as gently caress watching piano recitals but i do watching fg tournaments so its easier to stick with

Bicyclops posted:

Is there any reason I should be saving Coldblood Dew? I sort of forgot about them and I have a ton.

it really doesn't matter but its best to save them for when you have almost enough echoes for an upgrade but don't want to sit through a loading screen to get them or are worried about dying trying cause you have so many echoes on you.

you can always farm echoes so popping all your expendables isn't really needed when you're gonna wish you had 1000 quick echoes lying around later for convenience

• Locked thread