Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ya Zore is just being really mad about Horizons so take it with a grain of salt, you definitely get enough to use them for special occasions. More than that? Probably not but I'm not sure, I'm not level 10 yet (XP is drastically lowered).

The mod author is working on an ammo crafting system I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Arcsquad12 posted:

Considering the majority of the US military is and was stationed on the west coast

Are you sure about that? This map of military bases suggests otherwise.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In a war with China, yes, I can see far more military on the west coast

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Arcsquad12 posted:

In a war with China, yes, I can see far more military on the west coast

Counter argument: who cares

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

does Horizon cut down on the number of stimpaks you find?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Horizon's documentation is really comprehensive compared to other mods. The long and short of it for stimpaks is:

- There are now several levels of first aid item: bandages, medicated bandages, combat stimpacks (which replace stimpaks), trauma kits, first aid kits, and others.
- All first aid items are craftable, but not all at level 1. Some will require perks. Cloth and alcohol are really important for this reason.
- Combat stimpaks can be used in combat. Most other health items cannot.
- Trauma kits repair broken limbs. Combat stimpaks also repair broken legs, just to ensure that if you don't have a trauma kit (which repairs broken limbs) that you don't have to crawl like a tortoise to the nearest doctor.
- You're not going to find any on leveled lists, but stimpaks placed in the game world, and on settlers who join your settlements, will remain.

The balancing act here is that you have a much, much larger health pool, but you're never going to spend a ton of time at full health: radiation and the rarity of stimpaks will make that very difficult until later levels.

EDIT: and, of course, not charging head first into each and every AO like a mad god

Catalyst-proof fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 9, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Paranoid Peanut posted:

It makes a number of changes to healing items, how they work, and how to acquire them. The vanilla stimpack doesn't really exist in Horizon, but overall I think that healing items are harder to come by.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is there a mod that allows you to assign the grenade to another key? loving tired of going into melee by accident when wanting to throw a grenade

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Looks a little janky but pretty cool non-the-less driveable motorcycles

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
I'm trying out Horizons with a bunch of other mods that add some QOL stuff but don't affect gameplay and it's loving great. Wish there was more info on how to get some of the stuff I need like filters and poo poo though. The UI cuts off the text at points so I can't even tell what it is I'm missing let alone how to make it.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

boneration posted:

I'm trying out Horizons with a bunch of other mods that add some QOL stuff but don't affect gameplay and it's loving great. Wish there was more info on how to get some of the stuff I need like filters and poo poo though. The UI cuts off the text at points so I can't even tell what it is I'm missing let alone how to make it.

Sounds like you hosed up def_ui. Alternatively use the mouse wheel if it's crafting stuff and it scrolls down, def UI doesn't display scrollbars for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

horse mans posted:

Every aspect of Fallout 2 is perfect.

Ehhhhhh. Game's a little horny for my tastes.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
This mod overhauls energy weapons and looks really drat good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21851/

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Mr. Crow posted:

Sounds like you hosed up def_ui. Alternatively use the mouse wheel if it's crafting stuff and it scrolls down, def UI doesn't display scrollbars for some reason.

That could totally be true, I was really unsure of what to do with it (Def_UI). It asks about all these tags and sorting and I assumed that Horizon did all that. The only place I see a difference in the UI is when I am trading stuff around. When I'm in build mode at a settlement is when I see the cut off text.

Any advice on how exactly to install and config Def_UI with Horizon would be appreciated.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
def-ui has support for vis, (valdicis item sorting), how it works i have no idea, i'm still poking around doing simple things like making "stereo's" scrap more than just some wood.
I have had completely hosed tags and so on for a very long time and no amount of faffing about has improved the situation, I blame adding various random weapon mods and so on. & so forth.
Full disclosure : I only today got f4edit working again by editing in the *DLC to plugins txt.
by the way, for those talking about messing around with tons of files within Horizon, some of the additional scripts like "add legendary keyword" can be edited a little to find a certain field and adjust it, I have no idea of scripting languages, so most of my flailing around has produced esp's that don't work, but not all, so, if someone who has a slight understanding of editing f4edit scripting language wtfbbqomg, they could do a lot of big favours to people trying to edit huge batches of .... hmmm, editable stuff within f4edit.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 10, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mr. Crow posted:

This mod overhauls energy weapons and looks really drat good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21851/

Looks like it just turns Microfusion cells into fusion cores with a new name. I dunno how you feel about the way the gatling laser works in Fallout 4, but if you're one of the many people who finds it obnoxious to have a trillion cores with differing charge levels in your inventory, it might not be that great.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I made a mod!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21936/

If you want to see lots of pained attempts at humour during loading screens then download the gently caress outta this.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

I made a mod!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21936/

If you want to see lots of pained attempts at humour during loading screens then download the gently caress outta this.

Sneaking around? Massive loving light telling the entire wasteland that a psycho wants to dine on your entrails ? its called hiding in plain sight.
yeah, I like it so far.
of course your first endorsement is a gune.

Hmmm, something that strikes me as odd: why did those robot raiders not grab and reprogram Clodworth?
Oh, I just got a rather nice microphone, hmmmmm, so I really want to edit everything that that eyebot says?

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 10, 2017

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I thought about Horizon & balance last night, and wondered if you could make survival combat challenging enough by just removing (or at least severly nerfing) sneak attack multipliers. That seems to be the main problem in my games.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I got this game upon release for PS4 and played it for a month or two. I'd say I liked it fairly well, but I think I wound up quitting around level 25. It seemed like it started to feel a little boring and repetitive, maybe? I'm not sure how to put it. I felt there wasn't a ton of variation in the weapons, even though the system itself was pretty cool, but maybe that's partially because I quit the game fairly early without playing dlc stuff. I was thinking of buying it for PC, are there any fun mods that change the gameplay around a little? I'm thinking of something like SPERG did for skyrim, although not necessarily that big of a change. Another thing I felt getting stagnant was it seemed like literally every bad guy was a raider or a super mutant. Then there were death claws and behemoths for the rarer Oh poo poo monsters, but I can't remember encountering anything else, so mods to add enemies might would be cool.

e: That mod with the modern weapons looks cool. I just found the document of good mods I missed, but still any general advice is helpful as I haven't messed with modding other than in Skyrim.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 10, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Horizon is a bit of a brutal version, however, raiders and supermutants have overhauls, you can populate all your settlements with assaultrons with even more feminine bodies and have a crow as a companion, or, indeed, anything, hermit crab companion is interesting. you can give strong an afro and a nice dress.
then, you can become a raider and try to fite against the assaultrons with bigger tits in order to do something.
you can increase the chaos by making sure every spawned enemy has a weapon designed by an idiot savant with "enemies have any mod any weapon" or something.
you can add two legendary effects to everything, and them make every enemy legendary, even radroaches.

if you get f4edit, you are only limited by your imagination.

I have a ripper that has a giant hammer head and electroshocking blades, with the krevmath's tooth legendary. or, you can make it have idiotic amounts of knockback so your enemies spend a few seconds airborne.
its a totally different experience. it can be a sandbox you make sandcastles in, or the gobi desert.

Oh, and I am going to add the 2 legendaries keywords to the weapons and armor in modern firearms, if fact, I might merge legendary x 2 with crafting workbenches, so anything can have up to 4 legendaries, and make sure enemies have access to the same things, so its actually a challenge to get within 50 meters of corvega.
another mod I recommend : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10124/ makes super legendaries respawn all over the place, but they are stupidly tough.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 11, 2017

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
A lot of weapon mods use scripts now to add them to the leveled list, anyone know how easy they are to delevel? Used to just be able to tweak that in FO4Edit.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

A lot of weapon mods use scripts now to add them to the leveled list, anyone know how easy they are to delevel? Used to just be able to tweak that in FO4Edit.
You'll have to create a script that uses RemoveAddedForm to remove those weapon from the list. There's also the Revert function that removes all script added entries from a list.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Just uninstall the mod?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Just uninstall the mod?
The entries added the mod's scripts to the leveled lists are stored in your save file and will remain there if you uninstall said mod. If at any point afterwards the game tries to access one of the mod's weapons because the leveled list said it needed once, the game will crash.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Sorry, I mean delevel as in "appear at any level." Lists set up in the usual way can be edited to appear at level 1.

But I got a more important issue with Horizon: why the gently caress can't I kill a raider no matter how many shots I dump at him? Anything more than 3-4 is too many IMO.
e:
Someone finally made a Pip-Pad and it works pretty well!
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21953/

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 12, 2017

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So so I'm looking at the Raider Overhaul: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9103/ and Super Mutant Redux: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11853/

Does anyone use these, are they cool or will they do something horrible to my game through bugs/dumb ideas?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
IMO, those are 2 of the best mods out there and should be in anyone's mod setup

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's fine, though fighting the Nightkin is slightly annoying when they cloak.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You can't VATS them when they cloak, but Dogmeat usually ties them up. Also my robot pal Sam (named after Fireman Sam because he has the fireman protectron head) usually lights em on fire, which gives them a nice burning halo to aim at.

I use both mods with War for the Commonwealth tuned down a bit and roll with a few Automatron buddies and Dogmeat. I'm also a skeleton man. It's great, I love Fallout 4 atm

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Shoehead posted:

my robot pal Sam (named after Fireman Sam because he has the fireman protectron head) usually lights em on fire

Isn't that the opposite of what firefighters are supposed to do?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Protectrons are not very good at their jobs.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

Sorry, I mean delevel as in "appear at any level." Lists set up in the usual way can be edited to appear at level 1.
Ah, sorry. Misread that.
Editing the list in FO4Edit, saving it in a new plugin and adding that to your save should work.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It is that time again for some more interesting Fallout 4 mods.

PIP Pad the Pipboy Replacer adds a hand held retro looking tablet to replace your wrist mounted Pipboy in game.

Diamond City Expansion a slow WIP mod that works on making Diamond City a bit more of a capital settlement.

Rename Armor gives you the option to rename your armor and clothing pieces at the bench.

Craftable Blood Packs another thing that is oddly missing in crafting.

Pipe 'B' Gone just removes the pipe weapons for the game for those who don't like them.

Pugmeat replaces the breed of dogmeat with a Pug![/URL]

Lore fix: Kid In The Fridge tweaks the fridge ghoul child easter egg to something a little more lore friendly.

radBirds Sound Overhaul tweaks and improves the sound of the games birds.

Glock 17 Pistol adds another modern real world pistol to the game.

MP7 SMG see above, but in sub machine gun form.

I did a curious google search and turns out nobody outside Nexus is even working of a 10MM SMG or classic Gauss Rifle mod anymore :smith:

Grease Gun SMG adds a more lore friendly alternative to the one above, looks neat.

Plasma Cycler hell yeah now we're talking. A really nice looking pistol energy weapon.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

aniviron posted:

I'm a skeleton gently caress the rules

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

I did a curious google search and turns out nobody outside Nexus is even working of a 10MM SMG or classic Gauss Rifle mod anymore :smith:

Would be very interested in either of these; I'm almost tempted to try my hand at them, but while I can do basic 3D modeling (and this would be an excuse to get better) I feel like both would wind up needing custom animations. The Gauss Rifle especially depending on whether you mean the Fallout 3 model instead of the M72 from Fallout 2.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Had a fantastic encounter with Horizon this weekend. Got the Railroad quest to civilize Spectacle Island. Set up some artillery at Warwick Homestead, grabbed a rocket launcher, and had Cait carry ten missiles for me. Swam across to the island, got to the boat, stored the missiles in a tool cabinet in the boat, and flipped the power switch. When the Mirelurk Queen rose up, I targeted an artillery strike and got her down to a fraction of health, and then finished her off with a missile and some well placed shots from my pipe pistol. It took about ten nervewracking minutes of patience, and three attempts, but it was so loving worthwhile.

That's one of the reasons I prefer Horizon to vanilla Fallout. In my other save I would just jetpack over there, take out the Queen in about ten seconds with Spray n' Pray, then go back to whatever. This required some thought and preparation, and was so much more rewarding. I think generally there's this impression that Horizon makes the game harder, and it certainly does, but it's not hardcore survival. It just manages to take all these terrible half-assed aspects of the vanilla game (settlement building, crafting, lovely loot, weapon tiers) and manages to tightly incorporate them into the game in such a way that they become practical alternatives to coasting through the game. If I know an encounter is going to require power armor or heavier weaponry, then I have to key my excursion into the wilderness with that in mind, given the lack of e.g. missiles and fusion cores.

And the loot tables, and balance changes to armor, are starting to really stand out to me. I was level 14 when I took the Castle and the Armory, and getting the General's uniform was actually a significant upgrade to what I had collected so far. It wasn't just another piece of crap I gave to a companion or settler.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
It pretty much sounds the same as say, Requiem does for Skyrim.

Is Horizon modular at all, or do you have to pretty much accept all of its changes?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

aniviron posted:

Someone has not read Fahrenheit 451.

aniviron posted:

Would be very interested in either of these; I'm almost tempted to try my hand at them, but while I can do basic 3D modeling (and this would be an excuse to get better) I feel like both would wind up needing custom animations. The Gauss Rifle especially depending on whether you mean the Fallout 3 model instead of the M72 from Fallout 2.

There is a 10mm revolver based on the fallout one, that is, in turn, based on a weapon in

It needs a little widening.

The reimagined XM77 Gauss rifle is Gash. I have seen better versions: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8104/ I'm getting more of a stalker vibe from this one.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7520/ for the Lerwl
Honestly, the Fusion Gun looks p. cool, aside from the stock. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17847/
No Why : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20270/ Just Druqz

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Colgate posted:

It pretty much sounds the same as say, Requiem does for Skyrim.

Is Horizon modular at all, or do you have to pretty much accept all of its changes?

As someone who loves "hardcore" mods (misery, FWE, etc), no not at all.

Requiem is a bunch of poorly documented and implemented changes that made the game a slog.

Horizon changes definitely make the game harder, but it is all intuitive and not punishing for the sake of it.

And no it's not modular but he does have various difficulties that control the overall damage given and taken when you install (among other things) to make it easier but I've never tried them so I don't know how much difference it makes.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 13, 2017