Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Allison kicks down the door, Solomon reminds her that they're in the tournament arc, the preliminary round starts tomorrow, a nearby scribe hands her an entry form and invoice for the door repair, and shoos her out.

A servant hands Solomon a fresh glass of juice with a twisty straw, and he begins his calisthenics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Allison uses the burning power of Will to cut a door into Solomon's tower. He immediately invites her to join his in-progress session of fourth-dimension ultra-Crossfit.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Very well, Al-Yis-Un, we shall battle. But before you challenge me, Solomon David, Lord of a Seventh of Creation, I have one question for you...

are all your permits and licenses current? Well we need to get that squared away first, don't we. I think just this once we can waive the fees. They cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha. Seriously we cut your arms and legs off for violations. Aaah, we like to have fun here. Anyway, take a left out the throne room, down the hall, last door on the right will be Accreditation, where they'll get you situated with all the relevant paperwork. You do have two forms of ID, right? Ooof, well that's going to complicate things...

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

paranoid randroid posted:

Very well, Al-Yis-Un, we shall battle. But before you challenge me, Solomon David, Lord of a Seventh of Creation, I have one question for you...

are all your permits and licenses current? Well we need to get that squared away first, don't we. I think just this once we can waive the fees. They cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha. Seriously we cut your arms and legs off for violations. Aaah, we like to have fun here. Anyway, take a left out the throne room, down the hall, last door on the right will be Accreditation, where they'll get you situated with all the relevant paperwork. You do have two forms of ID, right? Ooof, well that's going to complicate things...

truly the greatest evil of them all

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Solomon David, God of the Sevenfold World, Bearer of the Word "Bureaucracy"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hey how ya doin', Solomonlandia! Hoo! Boy, the lines around here, right? I tell ya, you practically need to be able to divide creation just to get your parking validated. And whats the deal wi- *is summarily executed by the Stand-up Police for being hackneyed*

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

Hey how ya doin', Solomonlandia! Hoo! Boy, the lines around here, right? I tell ya, you practically need to be able to divide creation just to get your parking validated. And whats the deal wi- *is summarily executed by the Stand-up Police for being hackneyed*
They make like they're gonna hook you off the stage, but the hook is actually a blade and it cuts you in half

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Solomon David habitually shops at the sacred farmers' markets which he has established across his Celestial Empire, rejecting fruit which has not been ethically sourced (i.e. from penis trees) and non-microbrew devil liquor; in this, he defies the immoral excess of Throne's established supermarket chain, Wal-Mottom

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
One day, when Solomon David was walking through the halls of his palace, he overheard a hapless clerk remark to a colleague, "Actually, I think Modest Mouse's later albums were better."

None survived the purge.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

Solomon David habitually shops at the sacred farmers' markets which he has established across his Celestial Empire, rejecting fruit which has not been ethically sourced (i.e. from penis trees) and non-microbrew devil liquor; in this, he defies the immoral excess of Throne's established supermarket chain, Wal-Mottom

From the Subject Principate of Il-Yakut, a gift to the Radiant Mother Om! Ten thousand Hip-Hop Daffy Duck t-shirts of finest cotton!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I really like the characterization of Solomon David as a workout warrior who's a bit of a hipster and just enjoys his job as the head of a dystopic police state

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/FKublin/status/829357671853805569

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Solomon David knows all the words to Losing My Edge

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

The sanctioned action is to deny the form 109-5B-VIII-c for a typo.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
The act of royalty is a continuous audit period

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

solomon david not only releases his taxes every year, he releases everyone else's

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Never skip leg day" has a different undertone in Solomon's kingdom.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Honestly Solomon David being consumed by proving that he is the one demiurge that can make things work to the point of insane, all-consuming obsession for order and disclipine (in an universe which is built on chaos and being wanton, making it ultimately a fruitless exercise) would definitely fit the whole Pride theme.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

y'all write the weirdest fuckin fanfiction :allears:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Mottom mocked Solomon David for thinking he's still a hero, so he might be happy with his seventh of creation because he lacks the self awareness that the other Demiurges seem to have.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I suspect his thing will be that he thinks he's a good guy who's making the universe a better place even though he's gone way past the line and ended up evil like all the others.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I suspect his thing will be that he thinks he's a good guy who's making the universe a better place even though he's gone way past the line and ended up evil like all the others.
Yeah from the perspective of anyone but himself Solomon is gonna look like a Lawful Evil ultrafascist tyrant

"But I make the skyboats run on time, and litterers are cast into pits full of the hungry dead, to learn their lesson about sullying my perfect cities. I don't see a problem. :colbert:"

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

solomon david not only releases his taxes every year, he releases everyone else's

turns out solomon david was norwegian this whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bO8zEaSuWg

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Y'know... I kinda hope we find out what is happening to his consort back there.

I also kinda don't want to know.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it turns out that solomon david is actually a robot overlord escaped from the matrix dimension wearing a human suit

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Reene posted:

Y'know... I kinda hope we find out what is happening to his consort back there.

I also kinda don't want to know.

she is clearly taking a standing nap after having fun dancing earlier and playing with party poppers!

this is my headcanon, and i'm sticking to it

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 9, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Holy gently caress

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
^^^ I know, right?

JT Jag posted:

litterers are cast into pits full of the hungry dead, to learn their lesson about sullying my perfect cities. I don't see a problem. :colbert:
TBH, I don't really see a problem either.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

holy poo poo :perfect:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Very strong.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

MikeJF posted:

I'm guessing his worlds make 1984 or the Castle look good. Or worse, like in the Book of the New Sun, there is a nation of "tamed" people that can only quote the official texts:

Gene Wolfe posted:

Speaking almost to myself, I said, "It must surely be a trick, or a lie, or a mistake. Such a nation could not exist."
And the Ascian, his voice no louder than my own had been, and perhaps even softer, answered, "How shall the state be most vigorous? It shall be most vigorous when it is without conflict. How shall it be without conflict? When it is without disagreement. How shall disagreement be banished? By banishing the four causes of disagreement: lies, foolish talk, boastful talk, and talk which serves only to incite quarrels. How shall the four causes be banished? By speaking only Correct Thought. Then shall the state be without disagreement. Being without disagreement it shall be without conflict. Being without conflict it shall be vigorous, strong, and secure."
I had been answered, and doubly.

wow

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

voting third party posted:

I'm guessing his worlds make 1984 or the Castle look good. Or worse, like in the Book of the New Sun, there is a nation of "tamed" people that can only quote the official texts:

I think that'd be more Jadis' domain. Her whole thing is knowledge, so running her domain on the careful control of ideas fits her well.
She controls her acolytes with judicious application of prophecy, they control the populace with brutal suppression of thought.

I believe Abaddon once said that of the seven, he would find Solomon David's realm the least unpleasant to live under, for what that's worth.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tenebrais posted:

I think that'd be more Jadis' domain. Her whole thing is knowledge, so running her domain on the careful control of ideas fits her well.
She controls her acolytes with judicious application of prophecy, they control the populace with brutal suppression of thought.

I believe Abaddon once said that of the seven, he would find Solomon David's realm the least unpleasant to live under, for what that's worth.

I've always pictured Solomon's realm like that one episode of Star Trek where they go to this idyllic planet where everything is amazing, and it's revealed that ANY transgression is punishable by death. You basically get to live a perfect life as long as you never, EVER, step out of line.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

I've always pictured Solomon's realm like that one episode of Star Trek where they go to this idyllic planet where everything is amazing, and it's revealed that ANY transgression is punishable by death. You basically get to live a perfect life as long as you never, EVER, step out of line.
First offense, a year and a day of hard labor and "reeducation". Second offense, death. Applies to all violations of the Code of Solomon. Giving people a strike and is how he justifies being the good guy.

That's my headcanon until proven otherwise at least.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Some offenses are known to be lethal at first strike, however, such as lying in the courts, and having sex while acting as part of Solomon's army.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Some offenses are known to be lethal at first strike, however, such as lying in the courts, and having sex while acting as part of Solomon's army.
Lying in court is the natural defense of the guilty. Anyone accused of a crime who is lying in Solomon's courts will soon receive their strike for their true crime, no need to double-dip.

Now, any kind of fabrication of evidence or false testimony, on the other hand, that's immediate death.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
but what are his opinions on smoking weed

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Smoking the actual plant is fine, but vaping is doppel verboten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

you can smoke weed but if you blow the smoke into anyone else's face you get your lips removed