Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ok, Hard, what in the flying gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Here's my patented Sdoots Solution (I'm making a hot youtube channel soon full of em)

Don't use weapon skins for now, the default skins on the new stuff looks rad anyways, hth.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sdoots posted:

Here's my patented Sdoots Solution (I'm making a hot youtube channel soon full of em)

Don't use weapon skins for now, the default skins on the new stuff looks rad anyways, hth.
I'll like and subscribe for more Minecraft tips.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://streamable.com/07wsg

Peeks are getting more and more savage these days.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

http://streamable.com/07wsg

Peeks are getting more and more savage these days.

That's grest

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

With the beginning of the new season I challenge this statement!
The vast majority of our casual matches last season was against Platinums and Diamonds, right around where our team settled in ranked. A few gold or even silver here or there but never below that.

Now, with the beginning of the new season, I feel really bad about farming people whose levels are in the single digits and/or a K/D of 0.2. I bet as soon as I've done my 10 placement matches I won't see them again.

This season's reset isn't a hard one like last season. You should be matched against people more or less your previous rank in your qualifier matches so I'm surprised you get to play against people in the single clearance level digits.

Considering the only way to bypass the ranked lvl25 requirement is to be grouped with someone who is 25+ so i'd assume this is whats messing with the MMR formula. In any cases if you join Ranked prior to 25 you sorta deserve to get stomped.
You might/will also get your poo poo pushed in in casual but theres no impact on your rank.

I was not aware of that but it seems Epi summed it up pretty well. :dealwithit: i guess?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

I was not aware of that but it seems Epi summed it up pretty well. :dealwithit: i guess?
Of course Epi summed it up well, thanks for pointing out that your community manager is capable of talking in public. I'll deal with it, since I have not been buying all that many skins to begin with, but tell that to people who read "universal" as "universal" and spent their actual money on skins that have, until now, been meant to be, uhh, universal.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Hard posted:

You should change the wording. It's deceptive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

It's pretty poo poo and "deal with it" doesn't address the issue, hth.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Also, speaking of Epi's response thread, I'm really loving the charade where one end of thread claims that there is seasonal cascade exclusivity, whereas the other claims there is yearly cascade exclusivity.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Of course Epi summed it up well, thanks for pointing out that your community manager is capable of talking in public. I'll deal with it, since I have not been buying all that many skins to begin with, but tell that to people who read "universal" as "universal" and spent their actual money on skins that have, until now, been meant to be, uhh, universal.

I meant I have nothing relevant to add since you know, you called my name and all. For someone who doesn't buy that much skins your initial callout seemed like you cared quite much.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You should change the wording. It's deceptive.

I do believe it's the intention.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's pretty poo poo and "deal with it" doesn't address the issue, hth.

It's not an issue it's a feature.

Also chill the gently caress out guys, :deal with it: is pretty tame coming from me considering the amount of crying some of you can produce.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also, speaking of Epi's response thread, I'm really loving the charade where one end of thread claims that there is seasonal cascade exclusivity, whereas the other claims there is yearly cascade exclusivity.

As far as i'm concerned, things shouldn't be open to assumption and it needs to be clarified.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
If they had to make custom UVs to fit them all I can understand why they'd want to ditch them but bit of a gently caress up to not make any restrictions obvious.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Eh, poo poo happens, it's not like they didn't deliver you content at the moment of purchase.

Are the servers down? Thanks For Honor.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

Also chill the gently caress out guys, :deal with it: is pretty tame coming from me considering the amount of crying some of you can produce.

Look, getting the same room three times in casual is the most pressing issue of our time and these tears are called for

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Your brain is programmed to see patterns where there isn't.

IceOrb posted:

I probably shouldn't be surprised given the free weekend just ended and we likely have a new batch of garbage people.

And yet there I sat just so massively disappointed as this WAS a good round until they went and ruined it.

This guy isn't new though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

I meant I have nothing relevant to add since you know, you called my name and all. For someone who doesn't buy that much skins your initial callout seemed like you cared quite much.

As far as i'm concerned, things shouldn't be open to assumption and it needs to be clarified.
Well, I called you out because you are the local Ubisoft guy, so I wondered if you have anything to say with respect to what looks like a stab in the back to waste swathes of the community. As a proud owner of like 5 renown-bought skins, there is little of practical substance that worries me here. All I care for is that this game keeps doing alright, as I like playing it in spite of dev team's efforts. Hence, I'm bothered when you enrage significant portion of visible community with a fine print fuckery.

As for the clarification - yeah, something like a blog would be much better than everyone quite literally having to crawl through gutters of reddit to find a thread of Epi's haphazard damage control that hardly has a single interpretation.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Hard posted:

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 no pattern here 222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

This guy isn't new though.

Lemme rephrase:

I don't know what it is about free weekends that causes people to turn into garbage people.

Like they suddenly think OH NEW PLAYERS TIME TO BE HUGE ASSHOLES AND DRIVE AWAY THE NEW PLAYER BASE CAUSE IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME /fart.

That + any new players that stick around who are also horrible racist poo poo bags, but mostly the first thing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hard posted:

Are you implying I can't tell when I defend master bedroom three times in a single match? I think I can count to three even with the attack rounds interupting.

Or do you think I'm saying repeats are more likely? The true random nature is the problem, it creates groan worthy results at least once a play session for me.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Well, I called you out because you are the local Ubisoft guy, so I wondered if you have anything to say with respect to what looks like a stab in the back to waste swathes of the community. As a proud owner of like 5 renown-bought skins, there is little of practical substance that worries me here. All I care for is that this game keeps doing alright, as I like playing it in spite of dev team's efforts. Hence, I'm bothered when you quite literally scam people with fine print.

As for the clarification - yeah, something like a blog would be much better than everyone quite literally having to crawl through gutters of reddit to find a thread of Epi's haphazard damage control that hardly has a single interpretation.

I think scam is a bit pushing it , i'm not talking officially here but seeing the repsheet of Siege when it comes on how content / monetization has been handled so far, mentioning scam on the ''first offense'' is pushing it imho.

Can't stop you from thinking this and it sucks if thats how you feel but to me it looks like an oversight and clearly not something intentional.

Wooper posted:

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 no pattern here 222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

I've seen the code.

IceOrb posted:

Lemme rephrase:

I don't know what it is about free weekends that causes people to turn into garbage people.

Like they suddenly think OH NEW PLAYERS TIME TO BE HUGE ASSHOLES AND DRIVE AWAY THE NEW PLAYER BASE CAUSE IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME /fart.

That + any new players that stick around who are also horrible racist poo poo bags, but mostly the first thing.

It's a shame really, i know i see it from a different perspective but i'm super happy to see new players a year after release. Last thing i wanna do is scare them away of act like a complete dick to them.

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 9, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

I think scam is a bit pushing it , i'm not talking officially here but seeing the repsheet of Siege when it comes on how content / monetization has been handled so far, mentioning scam on the ''first offense'' is pushing it imho.

Can't stop you from thinking this and it sucks if thats how you feel but to me it looks like an oversight and clearly not something intentional.
I understand how scam might be a bit pushing it, but I do not think that it's a stretch too far, as far as labelling goes, considering that as it stands, some customers' money has been wasted, and you, the company with historically bad reputation in terms of customer consciousness, have gone in official capacity to tell customers to suck it up.

I'm all for this being just an accident that will be smoothened out quickly and diplomatically, but, as I've mentioned above, everything known to public on this has been rather lacking, thus far.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
So the skin was listed as universal for all of the weapons out at the time, then new weapons came out and the skin doesn't work on the new weapons. Is the skin still listed as universal? This is obviously the most pressing issue regarding Siege, the stupid game we can't stop playing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

El Jebus posted:

So the skin was listed as universal for all of the weapons out at the time, then new weapons came out and the skin doesn't work on the new weapons. Is the skin still listed as universal? This is obviously the most pressing issue regarding Siege, the stupid game we can't stop playing.
Skins were not listed as universal for all of the weapons out at the time. They were, and still are listed, just as universal. And you can spend real money on them.

To learn which of the universal skins are affected, please traverse post history of /u/Its_Epi on reddit.

As for pressing, I don't know - I'm not sure the issue is less relevant than technical problems reintroduced into the game for n-th time that will again get a temporary bandaid slapped on top of them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well the skin isn't listed at all anymore, right? Because it's not in the store.

(Oh is it not just every season skin? I assumed that was the deal when I couldn't crane my vector)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I understand how scam might be a bit pushing it, but I do not think that it's a stretch too far, as far as labelling goes, considering that as it stands, some customers' money has been wasted, and you, the company with historically bad reputation in terms of customer consciousness, have gone in official capacity to tell customers to suck it up.

I'm all for this being just an accident that will be smoothened out quickly and diplomatically, but, as I've mentioned above, everything known to public on this has been rather lacking, thus far.

The season has been out for 3 days even if there was/is a contingency plan for the skins you're gonna have to wait longer than that.

When comparing the other games, this community is SPOILED on how much info, feedback and visibility is provided from the dev team.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Well the skin isn't listed at all anymore, right? Because it's not in the store.

(Oh is it not just every season skin? I assumed that was the deal when I couldn't crane my vector)
The season-themed universal skins from year 1 are universal only to the game content as of year 1. So during first 4 operations, they released bunch of operation-themed universal skins, and bunch of plain coloured universal skins. The former can not be applied to the year 2 content, as it did suddenly turn out 2 days ago, whereas the latter can be applied to the year 2 content. Pro League skins seem to split between those two categories.

I don't think that anything has been delisted, and it's not a single skin issue either.

E:

Hard posted:

The season has been out for 3 days even if there was/is a contingency plan for the skins you're gonna have to wait longer than that.
Again, I'm not affected by this, beyond the known bug with Obsidian skin. I'm just sad since you have been doing fairly well thus far.

Hard posted:

When comparing the other games, this community is SPOILED on how much info, feedback and visibility is provided from the dev team.
:troll: Other dev teams do not steal from players pockets though.

Besides that, while you sure are doing fairly well, you are not even close to the dev teams actually good at community outreach, such as Grinding Gear Games.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 9, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I don't mind if the cts themed skins are more exclusive. It would give me a reason to have more that one skin active.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:troll: Other dev teams do not steal from players pockets though. Besides that, while you sure are doing fairly well, you are not even close to the dev teams actually good at community outreach, such as Grinding Gear Games.

:nallears:

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 9, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't mind if the cts themed skins are more exclusive. It would give me a reason to have more that one skin active.
I'm fairly sure that no one would have minded this if they have been explicitly labelled from the start.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
in 5 days when i get two new operators for free i will be pissed that ubi is literally stealing money out of my pocket by not allowing me to put my leprosy skin on the new guns

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Congrats Hard, you are now officially worse than Hitler.

Fix your game macht frei.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Well, I sure love to hear how people who hosed up attack someone else. :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Well, I called you out because you are the local Ubisoft guy, so I wondered if you have anything to say with respect to what looks like a stab in the back to waste swathes of the community. As a proud owner of like 5 renown-bought skins, there is little of practical substance that worries me here. All I care for is that this game keeps doing alright, as I like playing it in spite of dev team's efforts. Hence, I'm bothered when you enrage significant portion of visible community with a fine print fuckery.

The Payday 2 community laughs at you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Basticle posted:

The Payday 2 community laughs at you.
Don't get me started on OVERKILL and the loving drills.

And the stealth missions.

My precious stealth missions.

:negative:

E: Oh and the loving skins with stats, I didn't play much when that happened.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 9, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Hard, you should have gone the NMS route instead of stealing from our pockets. You even took my lucky lint. I was going to skin the Vector with that lint.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Well, I sure love to hear how people who hosed up attack someone else. :v:

What?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I think the obvious solution is to delete all of cinci's skins, then he won't have any universal skins to complain about.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat, you must be really fun guy at parties. I explicitly get back at Hard in a joking manner, as this is one of the very few incidents where community is not at fault, for calling community spoiled in all caps, with clear annoyance, and you have to take all of it seriously. Twice.

slap me and kiss me posted:

I think the obvious solution is to delete all of cinci's skins, then he won't have any universal skins to complain about.
I barely have any skins to begin with, so feel free to (Dear SHY NUDIST GRRL, Please observe, that the remainder of the sentence, after the closing parentheses, is meant to be a joke. Yours faithfully, cinci zoo sniper) steal the rest of my skins, Hard. I just enjoy whining about Ubisoft since they consistently gently caress everything up, and as I no longer play any games by ex-SOE.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 9, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It was a poo poo joke I was rolling my eyes at.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

dont go around viciously assaulting people with single emoticon replies please

this is a safe space for all the worst posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It was a poo poo joke I was rolling my eyes at.
There are dedicated eye rolling emoticons.

• Locked thread